El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Lots of dragons will just circle above and not attack unless you provoke them.

I always provoke them.

Them dragon souls, man.

been playing morrowind

vivec confuses me so much T__T

also i have a need to steal EVERYTHING

I've got a few questions about Skyrim. This is my first Elder Scrolls game I've played for more than a few minutes (tried Marrowind on the computer and was rather confused so gave up xd.png) and was curious to know a couple things.

Does eating food change the weight of the character at all? I've played Fable way to many times so that's how I think it works in all the games -lol-.

The quest to join the Imperial does that have to be done or can you join the Stormcloaks? I'm just curious as to if you have to join them or not.

I've just completed the The Golden Claw quest and tried to take everything that was dropped. I'm kinda poor on their and as this is my first game I'm really lost on how to earn gold. Is there any way besides looting to gain gold?

Also is there a way to get more space than the 300? I keep getting over weight real easy and once I had to back track through Bleak Falls Barrow to sell stuff as it was the beginning of it and didn't want to be slow through the whole thing.

If it helps I'm a level 4 Nord. Should have went with the High Elf race but sadly I have a thing for swords, but I absolutely love the healing spell you get! That came in handy several times and saved me from those Draugr.

Any other useful tips and hints that would help me in the long run? That's pretty much as far as I've gotten. I've done the beginning where you follow Hadvar through and then go to Riverwood. I have also done the Deliver Sven's Letter to Camilla and told her it was from Sven and it wasn't from Faendal.

I've stolen a couple things by mistake and I'm trying not to do that and also refuse to pickpocket. I don't wanna be a thief or a criminal type on that game. The only thing I do is lock pick when I have to.

Sorry if this post is ridiculously long. I'm trying to figure it out as I play but it's almost like World of Warcraft to me still. I'm so lost on it still!

OK I'll answer you question by question.

1) Food does take up weight, so if you're over-encumbered skip out on that spell and satisfy those munchies.

2) You can join the stormcloaks, and I personally think it's more rewarding because it allows you to buy the player-owned home in Windhelm, which is the biggest and most furnished in the game.

3) I wouldn't take everything that drops, as you'll get overweight and lose profit in the log run. Only take items that have more than ten times the value of their weight. AKA if the weight is 1 and the value is 1, Don't. Weight is 1 and value is 200, do! :D

4) You can gain more carrying space by increasing your Stamina when you level up. This also allows for more power attacks and shield bashes so it's a useful thing to do if you think you're OK on Health. There's also a perk in the sneak tree called "Bigger Pockets" That increases the amount you can carry by 100.

5) There's a pretty difficult quest you can start at level 14 if you can find the Shrine to Peryite. It's in the Northwest of Skyrim and the reward is a shield called Spellbreaker, which blocks not only weapon damage but puts up an anti-spell Ward too.

I'll let you know if I think of some more hints, but I have to go to school now, so I hope I helped :D

I meant how much the character weighted like lbs. not space -lol-. Shoulda been more clear, but yeah that does help. Thanks a lot! smile.gif

also i have a need to steal EVERYTHING

haha, so do I xd.png

And then try to run from the gaurds or kill them >.> got pretty good at getting away from them though smile.gif

I'm just financially set enough to where if a guard catches me i can pay him off every time xd.png

Why is it that I can kill a random man who attacked me in the middle of town and the guards do nothing, but I accidentally Fus a chicken and THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD WANTS ME DEAD? And do the guards have telepathy or what, because I'm pretty sure attacking a chicken in marshall shouldn't get me killed in Riven if this game is shooting for realistic wink.gif

Nah, I kid. True story about the chicken though. Don't kill em. The villagers even get in on it, axes, hammers, it's like you pissed off a bad LOTR con, except... You don't really deserve it...

Oh, and I actually took an arrow to the knee after attacking a guard the other day. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or become a city guard.

Why is it that I can kill a random man who attacked me in the middle of town and the guards do nothing, but I accidentally Fus a chicken and THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD WANTS ME DEAD?

xd.png I did this too. One of the first towns I came to I was like oh a chicken! *kills it with fire* and then watched everyone come after me.

I got my revenge though.... I waited till night time when they were all sleeping and then killed it. smile.gif

@demonicvampiregirl

Once you become well-enough liked in any town, you can buy a house there. The cheapest is the one in Whiterun, for 6,000 gold, and the most expensive is in Solitude for 25,000. Obviously the more expensive it is the more features it will have, but surprisingly the most spacious and feature-filled is the one in Windhelm at 12,000. However, you have to join the Stormcloaks and complete the quest "Blood on the Ice" to buy it. Each house has at least one chest in it.

Edited by Getpwned

Ugh, my house in Wildhelm still has all the blood and bones from the "Blood on the Ice" quest. I fully furnished it and waited a couple days with no luck. I can't stand to be in it, even though I would probably move all my stuff from my house in Markarth if it weren't for the creepiness. I play on the PS3 version, so I'm kinda hoping it's a bug that's patched soon.

@demonicvampiregirl

Once you become well-enough liked in any town, you can buy a house there. The cheapest is the one in Whiterun, for 6,000 gold, and the most expensive is in Solitude for 25,000. Obviously the more expensive it is the more features it will have, but surprisingly the most spacious and feature-filled is the one in Windhelm at 12,000. However, you have to join the Stormcloaks and complete the quest "Blood on the Ice" to buy it. Each house has at least one chest in it.

Okay I may be joining the Imperials though. I'd just like a place to put anything right now as I got seriously low space on my character at the moment. I don't get how either. I got only the armor I'm wearing on and weapons that are enhanced or I use.

Pick up the house in Whiterun then, it's cheap and worth it for the function.

If you pretty much just start the main quest, you become the thane of Whiterun and can buy the house.

Edited by Getpwned

I took the house in balmora, it was Ralen Hlaalo and I swear he was dead when I got there xd.png

I dealt with his killers so the payment for avenging his death is his house ;D

Pick up the house in Whiterun then, it's cheap and worth it for the function.

If you pretty much just start the main quest, you become the thane of Whiterun and can buy the house.

Yep already done that part. Just gotta get that house.

So I was running around randomly in Riverwood... a dragon comes by and starts attacking the town... it's after my horse :| so I try to kill it but it finds my horse, takes it and burns a chicken.

Guess who got blamed for it all.......

me. sad.gif

but I found it pretty funny when everyone tried to kill me for all that... only other time that happened was when I ticked off that blacksmith there by accidently taking a sword he had... I had to kill his wife to make him stop, which his wife came back somehow anyway... they don't hate me anymore either xd.png

I set a chicken on fire and the whole town turned against me. o-o' That was hilarious and scary all at once. I also got killed by a giant when I tried to take it on to see if I could and it ran and smashed me into the ground. Wasn't in a high enough place to sit and shoot it with arrows. ;-;

I was 'hunting' (more like yelling at the elk and moose pair that were running away as I shot their bodies...) and saw a mammoth.... so I was like "ooh! Mammoth! Killing time!" just to see if it could die by arrows.... mammoth had four giant friends hidden behind some rocks.... I died while running away xd.png

I feel that pain. I tried to run from one once and nearly ran smack right into another one. So close. Those things take forever to kill. I had to use several arrows to get them down. I thought they would be easier like the wolves and deer. Nope sooo wrong. ;-; Took me an hour of messing around to finally get it to where I could shoot in peace and not worry about being murdered by them.

Also one question if you leave a horse behind what happens to if after a while?

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

If it's your own personally bought horse it will stay where you put it unless you get taken to another city by those carrages. or a dragon might come eat it if you're unlucky (like me)

speaking of that....

I was riding my horse... a wolf came by and attacked it so I got off and killed it with one hit. I turn around... NO Horse!! But there's a dragon flying away with it in the distance... I was maaaad and still am about it xd.png

I never did find the dragon...

Edited by Dragonhatchling

The first thing that killed me in Skyrim was a giant.

My poor little wood elf was wandering around, paying no mind to anything. She spots some giants, and cautiously approaches, they begin warning her away, but she just stands there observing them.

Suddenly, the giant starts sprinting toward my poor unprepared wood elf and sends her flying through the air. As she lay there dieing, little Rynia sore a blood oath to slay any giant she comes across.

And so she did. Gleefully. So many Toes, so much Mammoth cheese.

Oh, it's nothing my Argonian Shadow did... Imagine for a second, Lok, Haan, Kiin.

Disarm shout... hehehe, poor giants lost their hammers, gleefully I ran into the fray with a daedric sword and shield. Didn't work...

Round two. WEREWOLF!!!!! didn't work.

Round three CITY GUARD AND A WEREWOLF!!!!! finally beat it... then, like the borg, turned on my would be partners ate them, and started terrorizing the town.

I had a "fun" fight with a Mammoth and Giant last night. Was shooting arrows at them and trying to kill them and when I had the Mammoth down enough that a Lunar Steel Mace could finish it in a few hits I ran after it trying to finish it to deal with the Giant. Well during that I neglected to remember that it wasn't that far off and was heading towards me. I thought I could kill the Mammoth and run back to my rock and keep trying. Didn't work out. Right as I got the Mammoth killed the Giant had ran right into the middle of it. One smash and I was toast. sad.gif Still haven't killed one yet!

In the Eragon story they have the "ancient language" in which what they say always happens. For instance if I were to say "that rock will be torn to pieces" (and the story's principles were applied that is) the rock would be torn to pieces at the expense of my energy.

I know you were only partially joking and you're right about the similarities, but wrong in that one copied the other.

A draconic language is nothing new and is refereed to in Celtic and I think Norse mythology. Words of power are also nothing new as it was known to never give your true name out to anyone for they could use its power against you. In neo-paganism a form of dragon language is used and power words are often used to etch into candles, paint on staffs, etc to make intentions known to any other being.

I've been interested in this game series since the release of Oblivion. I never got a chance to play it and when I could play it I still didn't. Skyrim was released and I thought about playing it but refused to because I thought I would enjoy it. After a month or so I gave it a try and...everything else was a blur. I knew I would become addicted to it which is the reason I avoided the series altogether.

After finishing the game with one character and completing almost every major quest I still really like playing the game. I think the main story was very short and a bit predictable, the dragons annoying and the enemies repetitive. I still had a blast though and I decided to make another character and play from the start all over again. And to think Oblivion and Morrowind are sitting on the shelf waiting to be reinstalled.

My favorite quest so far in the game would have to be Sam's. Not going to say anything to spoil it though.

EDIT:

@demonicvampiregirl: you can still buy the house in Windhelm, but you need to complete the imperial quest-line to do it.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo