Valkiepoo

Cave Blockers: Mossy Egg

Fantastic idea. I don't have any additional ideas for the concept myself, but that's probably because it's already a great idea in itself. Hopefully it can be implemented.

I like this idea smile.gif

However, I don't really dig the current MSA's suggested... I mean, some of them would be useful, but what does being able to breed again sooner or being sleepy really have to do with having been covered in moss? O__o (Or, well, I guess you could chalk being sleepy or a lazy scavenger up to the underdeveloped thing, but it still feels like a stretch).

My suggestion was that the MSA would allow them to remove eggs/hatchlings from your scroll without the five hour limit--and inflicting them with moss at the same time. The logic being the dragon recognizes you're planning to get rid of it, and remembering what it felt like to be abandoned, wraps the thing in moss to keep it warm and sends it on its way before you throw it in some random ditch. That would allow a useful action that would prompt people to want them at the same time that it gave those unwanted things the same condition that made the original moss useful!

...However, I've only just seemed to recall that there's a 'do not ever suggest 5 hour abandoning limits changes.' Bah, I hate umbrella rules. T___T

Maybe you could just use the action on normally abandon-able dragons, and on top of getting the mossy status, they lose a day off their time due to the care the mossy dragon gave them? Wouldn't really do anything for you personally, but it would hopefully help things go through the cave quicker, which is what the whole point of this suggestion seems to be.

Or... or... something. Bah I really liked my first idea. Anyway even if both my suggestions are useless/moot, I still think the MSA should focus on 1) both really making sense as for why a moss-covered dragon would have it and 2) doing something that helps to keep up the theme of clearing out the caveblockers, which doesn't seem to be the case with the current ones. ;w;

Anyway, a really neat idea you've got going here, and I look forward to seeing how you finalize it! biggrin.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I love this idea! It's so... different. And, no more cave blockers smile.gif And randomly I was the 229 person to vote for mossy. blink.gif

The MSA's are pretty cool :3 I like the one with the mating-influence-thing, that would be so helpful for lineages! biggrin.gif

Thats an amazing idea - really interesting MSA´s.

I think that concept would absolutely add to DC.

This would be really cool. I would be on the look out for some mossy eggs! The MSA concept is amazing, and I love the fact that not every mossy egg is affected after it hatches. This would really add more interest to the more common dragons. It has my support! biggrin.gif

i like the idea, and would prefer the BSA that removes 1 day worth of breeding. it would be useful for everyone - almost like an "incubate" but for an adult dragon.

i have to say that as a mod of a gifting thread though, i do not like the option to remove dead egg shells. simply because the dead eggshells let me see who is taking care of their dragons versus the people who do not know how to or the ones who kill their dragon. the bsa would end up covering or hiding the eggshells (and also the codes attached) and it would be much harder to track eggs without that "proof".

unfortunately, i have had people lie about the status of their scroll and their dragons/eggs, and i feel that this type of bsa would only further encourage that type of unfair and untruthful type of behavior.

I believe the sprites of my Enchanted tree dragons would be great if this were added both to the dragon sprites not just the eggs

I believe the sprites of my Enchanted tree dragons would be great if this were added both to the dragon sprites not just the eggs

What - you mean your planned dragons take over for all these eggs ? Like - if one has moss it would be one of yours ? Or your greenery would just attach to the eggs. I don't see how it would attach to the dragons - wouldn't they just be normal dragons in the end ? I don't think anyone suggested they would LOOK different, just that they might have an MSA.

I think it's a good idea, it would take some time to be put through the works. But MSA's sounds promising and another interesting way to make Dragon Cave more unique.

It would make Cave Blockers go faster.

I think this is the best idea I have seen and I would love it to be determined and etc.....

I hope TJ will add some insight so i know i it will come in play or not and etc...

I really hope this comes in, it would want me to try for the last MSA....

Edited by White-Sword-Master

What - you mean your planned dragons take over for all these eggs ? Like - if one has moss it would be one of yours ? Or your greenery would just attach to the eggs. I don't see how it would attach to the dragons - wouldn't they just be normal dragons in the end ? I don't think anyone suggested they would LOOK different, just that they might have an MSA.

whoooa

no no

i just said. If moss would be added to all adult sprites as well (though not in concept) it would be cool to see moss on trees... hope you get me now

whoooa

no no

i just said. If moss would be added to all adult sprites as well (though not in concept) it would be cool to see moss on trees... hope you get me now

Yes indeed - thanks. But - I'd actually vote no to mossy adults.

I love this idea, actually. I think that it's a creative way to get the eggs flowing in the biomes.

Also, do you mind if I attempt at spriting some moss? I can try. ^^

EDIT; I tried it out. Let me know if you like it or not. I'm not a spriter, it's not something I usually do, but this is just to help visualize the moss in a different way, really. C:

user posted image

If you want to put it in your post;

[IMG=http://i42.tinypic.com/1euz9k.png]

EDIT2; Also made a smaller signature banner. ^^ For those who like to put a lot of things in their signatures, like me. xd.png

user posted image

[IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/28ti5cm.png]

Edited by Anquatic

Nice idea! will help make gameplay more exciting, we need something new atm, more dragon breeds or this would be brilliant smile.gif LOL

EDIT2; Also made a smaller signature banner. ^^ For those who like to put a lot of things in their signatures, like me. xd.png

user posted image

[IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/28ti5cm.png]

I steal thees banner because MOSSY EGGS, FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Edited by Princess Artemis

I think this idea is really good and would certainly allow more rares to come through. But, wouldn't that make the rares, not so rare after a while? But anyways, I support this idea. ^.^

I'm going with lichen instead of moss. Just sayin'

I have a rather strange idea of a way for collecters to get mossy versions of eggs like Golds, Blacks, and Pillows. If you have an egg that has lichen/moss on it, there is a sliiight chance that the lichen can spread to another egg near it. (by near it i mean the egg right above it or the egg right below it on your scroll) But, once the moss/lichen has spread from the original mossy egg, it can't spread any more from the original egg of the egg the lichen/moss spread to, unless you kill/abandon one of the mossy eggs.

(I know, fail idea.)