rabidminimoose

Halo: The Holy Deceit, The Fight For Amnesty

The Holy Deceit, The Fight For Amnesty

Halo Universe Based Role play

PLOT:This role play is before the Reach story. It is where ONI ruled colonies are at war with the outer reach colonies. The Covenant have just glassed their first of many ONI ruled colonies and planets. The outer colonies have known about the Covenant but refused to inform their enemy. You find yourself on the CAS-class assault carrier Grand Ascendance. You become acquainted with a covenant ossoona or spy. He is a Red armored Major rank sangheili. His name is Sol Vaanme. You find he is most curious about humans after many missions gathering non-combative intelligence. He is often called to interrogate human prisoners. Finding the job of forcing an enemy through pain to reveal seldom truthful information as dishonorable, he wishes to end these human lives as quickly as possible. He is stopped by the urge to let them live.

SETTING:The ship Grand Ascendance will change soon after.

If you choose to be a Sangheili instead you can oppose my character. Chasing the freed humans and my character to end their lives by your own hand. Or you could join my character into allowing the humans to go free and escaping the Prophets' false Great Journey.

Please post your character sheets at the start of your post and end with a continuation of my starter story.

Rules

1) You must choose a species, either human or Sangheili(or any other covenant)

2) Will you be a Spartan if you are human? Are you an outer colony rebel? Are you a normal space marine? Please indicate on your character sheet.

3) I will allow violence but not too graphic.

4) I will allow relationships and friendships between characters.

5) The DC role play rules will also be enforced.

Random note: All humans will be prisoners at first and freedom will soon be granted by my Sangheili Warrior Sol Vaanme.

The young Sangheili grunted dismally as he watched the glassing of the lush green planet. It bothered him that the prophets would want so much destruction. ‘Isn’t it against our religious creed to harm living things?’ So much blood shed with the reward of honor. “Honor is nothing if achieving it hurts your soul.” The sangheili whispered. Such words were heresy; honor is everything to a Warrior. The others would likely torture him until he accepted their views.

“Sol Vaanme, the ship master would like a word with you.” Said the emotionless AI that helped navigates the ship.

“Is he in the control room?” Sol asked. The Ship Master had a tendency to roam his ship’s many corridors usually scaring the new ship mates as it was unusual for a Ship Master to leave his post.

“Yes” Replied the AI. ‘Great, now what does He want?’ Sol knew it was probably something about the various complaints from the other Warriors.

“It would probably be best for me to change into my ‘Warrior’ garb, lest I get a lecture on the dress-code as well.” Sol walked to his sleeping quarters that he shared with the other Warriors of the same rank. ‘My armor…it is the color of the humans blood.’ He stared at the helmet of his armor. The Flashbacks of the screaming humans that tried to protect themselves from the Covenant onslaught flooded his mind making him shake his head to clear him of it. He placed his helmet upon his head the rest followed shortly after. He turned to look to at the other Warriors milling about the resting pods. Huffing in annoyance as the others growled at him, Sol decided he was going to finally ask the Honorable Ship Master for a transfer.

“Sol Vaanme, the Ship.” The AI was cut off by the ships noisy intercom.

“I need you to report to the control room now Vaanme! We have a ‘situation’ that has a need of your knowledge. Be quick or I’ll report your sorry hind quarters to the Prophets.” The intercom was cut off leaving Sol to contemplate on what this “situation” might be.

“Forerunners have mercy on this warrior soul.” Sol headed in the direction of the control room when he was stopped by an unusual scene.

(Enter either human prisoners or other sangheili. Who ever wants to RP with me continue with your character description and then history if Sangheili or location where they had you captured if human)

CHARACTER SHEET:

Username:

Name:

Appearance:

Organization: (UNSC/Spartans, Rebels, Covenant)

Race: (Human, Elite, Grunt, Brute, etc)

Rank: (Human: Private, Medic, Corp, ODST, Sergeant, Oni. Elite/Grunt/Brute: Descendant, Ascended-Warrior/Spy, Armory Keeper, Ship Keeper, Ship Captain)

Primary weapon:

Secondary weapon:

Traits:

Ship assigned to:

thank you Astrodeath for the character sheets!

Edited by rabidminimoose

I am not a mod but first you need to add some rules.Also you need to place where people begin or since it is a war game it would be better if ships were added like the capital ships(UNSC=the savanah,covenant=revenge and anger) plus you need to add character sheets because if you don't there might be a lot of misinterpretation in the game and last you need a plot of what is happening currently like is reach being discovered and I mean what is are the events are going on in the universe like is the time when cole protocal was activated or something else and it can be made up,it just needs a setting.

Good start!

The next thing I'd do is work on separating everything out and labeling it. "Plot", "Rules", "Setting", ect. As is, I'm a little confused as to what is what. I got stuck on:

This role play is before the Reach story. It is where ONI ruled colonies are at war with the outer reach colonies. The Covenant have just glassed their first of many ONI ruled colonies and planets. The outer colonies have known about the Covenant but refused to inform their enemy.

being in the post twice, and it took me several re-reads to notice the differences in the sentence right after that. x3 Hence, labels and sectioning out might help. :3

well I said in my post that you needed character sheets but others said it too so here is an idea for one.

name:

organization:(UNSC/spartans,rebels,covenant.)

race:(human,elite,grunt,brute,ect.)

rank:(human:private,medic,corp,ODST,sergeant,oni.Elite/grunt/brute:descendant,ase-nded-warrior/spy,armory keeper, ship keeper,ship captain)

primary weapon:(depends on rank)

secondary weapon:(human:pistol/pistol silenced)

traits:

ship assigned to:

yea but it was just a suggesting it and I think the game is a good idea and so far it gas been going well except the fact the the owner doesn't post.

Username:

Name:

Appearance:

Organization: (UNSC/Spartans, Rebels, Covenant)

Race: (Human, Elite, Grunt, Brute, etc)

Rank: (Human: Private, Medic, Corp, ODST, Sergeant, Oni. Elite/Grunt/Brute: Descendant, Ascended-Warrior/Spy, Armory Keeper, Ship Keeper, Ship Captain)

Primary weapon:

Secondary weapon:

Traits:

Ship assigned to:

I edited the sheet a bit, as you see here, added age/appearance/gender also.

sorry guys! I have been busy with school lol and...I honestly didn't think people would be interested so yeah I have an improved character sheet for my character with his history but yeah....thank you for being so interested in this role play! I shall work on improving this until it is moved thank you!

A Halo themed rp eh? Good thing for you I know plenty of Halo things to aid you. I usually don't do grammer but I spotted a few problems.

Huffing in annoyance as the others [B]growl[/B] at him, Sol decided he was going to finally ask the Honorable Ship Master for a transfer. 

I think you can figure this one out. You probably were typing fast and missed it.

I thought there was another grammer problem but I can't find it now. Now I'll tell you something widely misunderstood about the Covenant. Due to the natural physical height and strength gain of males of bipedal species the entirety of the Covenant forces are male. The Elites, Grunts, Jackles, Brute, Drones, Prophets, High Council and Hunters (the entire colony in the armor may not be male, but they are considered male as well) are all males.

I do have a problem with your plot though. Elites are very loyal, honorable and have a much different society than our human one. Your elite Sol Vaanme may not like what the Covenant is doing right now but he would still follow orders very closely and to the letter without complaint. Also, if you didn't know, in order to increase in rank in the Covenant the soilders have to kill muiltitudes of enemies. Be those humans, rebels or what have you. In this setting my guess would be humans. You elite may not like harming the lesser race known as human but he will do it anyway if ordered without hesitation and complaint. Another thing is that elites think their race is supreme (surprise surprise a militaristic outlook xd.png). Long story short he would not seem out of the ordinary, the other elites would treat him with respect if he is their superior or expect respect if he is their lesser, his religion says that to do anything your superior orders you and you would have no reason to think humans are worth saving. The cause of The Schism was when the Prophets ordered the genocide of the elites and a group of very high ranked elites began to question the prophets again like at the forming of the Covenant. Those high ranked elites took all their troops and aided the humans, their underlings came along and loved the idea, even if they still hated humans.

It's a good idea it just needs more facts and knowledge of elites and the covenant. If you call this a halo fiction then little of this matters.

oh man really what about the Heretics? what was there reason for them going against the covenant. I'm using halo wiki's and Bungie.net to help me out...Thank you thank you for clearing that out so it is mainly males huh? I think this will be a Halo Fiction Role play because I would like there to be females in the covenant army biggrin.gif also yeah he will do as he is told but inside he is reluctant.

Edited by rabidminimoose

oh man really what about the Heretics? what was there reason for them going against the covenant. I'm using halo wiki's and Bungie.net to help me out...Thank you thank you for clearing that out so it is mainly males huh? I think this will be a Halo Fiction Role play because I would like there to be females in the covenant army biggrin.gif also yeah he will do as he is told but inside he is reluctant.

the heretics were rebels and only made one appearance and that was in halo 2. they told the arbiter the truth and then he had doubts but still tried to kill them because pf the religion and whatever else nephil said.Also, the arbiter was meant to be a suicide soldier. nobody cared what he thought.

This is indeed still an interesting idea although I may add that the reason the covenant was 98% males (other 2% is possible females in the hunter colonies) was due to the prophets edicting that only males were suited to fight for the Great Journey. When the elites broke away from the covenant they became more like the human military and threw the old ideals away. It is possible that the elites would then allow females into their corps. It's a possibility. As for the heretics that appeared in halo 2 notice how none of them were elites? The brutes have this whole thing that they aren't nearly as loyal as the elites. So they can rebel and they take whatever underlings they have with them. Anyway since this is a rp based mostly around elites I'm guessing we can play as the other races in the covenant if we want? Also can we be any rank of elites we wish? Yet another question is what is stopping a Supreme Commander from breaking from the covenant fleet or even slaughtering the humans? They are technically the second most powerful elites and the lowest ranked elites with free thought over what to do with their fleets and stuff. Although they are usually in complete support of the Imperial Admiral. Later.

well there can be other races yes...maybe even prophets...hahaha i don't know if anyone wants to be one lol sure you get power but I'd rather be an elite or spartan. I should totally redo this hahahaha thanks nephil!

lol, made me laugh when I saw that!

I already made my character. <_>

rabidminimoose, you should change your title to The Quest for Honor then. /twocents

Edited by Astrodeath311

Now I'll tell you something widely misunderstood about the Covenant. Due to the natural physical height and strength gain of males of bipedal species the entirety of the Covenant forces are male. The Elites, Grunts, Jackles, Brute, Drones, Prophets, High Council and Hunters (the entire colony in the armor may not be male, but they are considered male as well) are all males.

Ok 9pmg5665, I take your challenge and present the following:

Your theory that all covenant are male (at least the ones we see) is false. You mentioned that hunters are not male then seemed to ret-con to say they are.

Hunters (Lekgolo): have no sex at all, instead they are asexual in reproduction. Once a hunter has become to big (The worms have multiplied to much) It will split to form a second hunter. These are henceforth "bonded" and the spikes are added to their backs to represent this. That is why hunters always travel in pairs. A Lekgolo colony will only fight on the front lines once it has a bond partner.

Prophets (San'shyuum): It is true that the prophets we see in the games are indeed male, that does not mean that all prophets are. In the books (which are canon) multiple female prophets are referenced in mid level positions of government. True they were not high prophets, but that does not mean that a female could not be a high prophet.

Drones (Yanme'e): Drones are all in fact female. Like a beehive here on earth the male drones are a rare commodity that are kept in the nest at all times. Only the plentiful female's are allowed out to fight for the covenant. Male lives are spent propegating and are short-lived.

This doesn't have to do with the above topic, but when you were talking about the heritics, the reason they split off was because they found 343 Guilty Spark floating in space. When they questioned it, Spark told them all about the halo rings and their purpose. Thus dis-illusioned they split from the covenant and- well you know the rest.

Anyway this is all just background for the campaign. If its non-canon then ignore all of this.

((Information would be nice. I can't even begin to comprehend what is going on in this RP since I don't play Halo, but it seems coherent even if I can't understand it. Approved~))

Wow well then I guess we should all begin yes? Thanks for moving this! Really appreciate it! For those who would like to join this RP please post your character sheet.

Edited by rabidminimoose