ShoukaSangenshiki

Kingdom Hearts - Another Sky

Xeclia hung upside-down in boredom as she listened to the report of Caxius's mission, "You're a Nobody, there's no way you could ever remember something like that! Besides that, why would you be related to a keyblade master?" The lollipop dangled from her mouth, making her words hardly understandable, "Can't we just... I don't know... Take his keyblade?'

Shiz recalled having witnessed something similar, now that Umbra mentioned it; something shaped like a heart had really come out of the creatures they had destroyed, but he couldn't remember seeing anything weird when it was Leon the one who destroyed them...

"Nah, we've got Traverse Town covered" the girl said, pointing at her chest. "But-"

"If the Heartless attacked your world, it may have disappeared already" Leon said.

"Leon, don't be so harsh!"

"It's just the truth, Yuffie; it would be crueler to let them get their hopes up" he replied, a small bitter and frustrated tone tainting his words.

"Don't mind him; the Heartless can only destroy a world if they find its heart, so your home may still be safe" Yuffie said, her cheerful self back again. Leon scoffed and walked towards the door they had come in through, opening it.

"To travel between worlds, you need a Gummi Ship. I'm going ahead to warn Cid; Yuffie, you finish the explanation" he said, going out and closing the door behind him.

"Don't worry about him; our world got destroyed a long time ago, and it's a touchy subject for him" she explained, standing up to get closer to the two boys. Shiz was looking down, thinking about how those black creatures had attacked his town, and everyone had to flee from them. "I hope they're all okay..." he thought.

Zalnox's eyes darted across the room, and his voice filled up the empty space surrounding the Nobodies. "No one," he practically yelled, though the lack of emotion behind the voice gave it a surreal quality. "is to go anywhere near the Keyblade Wielders until my explicit orders are given." He looked to Xomne, pausing only to gather his words.

"Number IV, please give the missions to the others." He leaned forward on his seat, clasping his hand and leaning on his knees; it was the most comfortable way he could find to sit in his high throne. He looked down upon the few members in the room, suddenly getting an all to human urge to spit on them. He knew all to well the difference in power, though he was sure that members would be unable to attack him. Any member that was in the organization had already been placed under his control, hence the lack of opposition towards the superior. He closed his eyes, which had taken a peculiar shade of blue, almost out of excitement, though he was sure that no feelings were being experienced.

"After they are given, assigned members are expected to leave immediately." He added, before Xomne began speaking. He would only discuss the plan for the Keyblade Wielders after the meeting, and only with Xomne. For so long it had seemed there nothing could be finished, that more power was unobtainable; yet, suddenly, the goal was more clear than it had ever been before.

Xomne mentally sighed at the Superior's tone of voice. XII should have known better than to say something that could anger the man. He waited until his Master gave the next orders, feeling the weight of the stone against his chest.

There were two pressing missions right now, one in the Space Port and one in Nottingham. The first one required investigating a ship that had recently been sighted there; however, he knew that particular vessel wouldn't go anywhere until the captain found someone willing to fight the Heartless that had been appearing in that world, so that just left the other one. After all, he had been informed there were Tailbunkers there, and powerful fighters would be needed to fend off the massive wyvern Heartless should they decide to appear.

"IX, XII" he said, eyes still closed. "You are to go to Nottingham, where the king of that place resides. The Heartless have taken interest in the castle, signaling there is a heart full of darkness within its walls. The mission is to find its owner. I don't think I need to say that you can't be spotted either" he finished. A recon mission would be perfect as a punishment to XII, like the Superior had hinted. The only downside was the needed presence of IX to act as a babysitter and make sure the female Nobody didn't snap and kill everyone in the castle. Still, four eyes were better than two, and IX could also prevent XII from jumping to conclusions only to finish faster and be assigned a more offensive mission.

Xeclia glared at Xomne then looked over at Caxius with a pleased look, "I'm up for a bit of fun. Don't worry, they won't even know I'm there~!" Xeclia slowly slid off her seat and landed soundlessly on the floor below, "Ready to go, Caxius~? I'll wait in the break room for you!" She said, walking out of the room and over to the break room.

Caxias sighed heavily. "Why do I get the icky jobs? Baby sitting is no fun at all. But... if it's the Superior's wish, I will obey." The Nobody said grudgingly. It really wouldn't be too much fun to have to deal with a crazy Nobody like XII. She got on his nerves, to be honest. Well, she got on everyone's nerves. He bowed his head in recognition fo his Superior and summoned a Corridor to the Break Room. "I'm ready to leave whenever." He announced, with no real audience in mind. He just wanted to get the damnable mission over with as quickly as possible. Recon wasn't the worst, but it didn't give the same memories of thrill as destroying massive skyscrapers did. He felt a particular aching when he watched the massive building topple into one another, setting off a domino effect. It was almost exciting.

((So... should Yuffie finish the explanation, or what? I'm confused here...))

Xeclia grinned and walked past Caxius slowly, tossing the next lollipop into her mouth, "I'm ready to go~ Come on then, old man!" She finished, creating a corridor and stepped just outside of it, "Ladies first~!" She gestured for Caxius to walk into the corridor, "Do you need me to get you a cane~? Or can you walk by yourself, oldie?"

((I stopped to see if you wanted Umbra to say anything, since they were talking about his world; if you don't, I'll just finish that part

remember that you can also control NPCs))

"Okay, so let me get this straight" Shiz said, as Yuffie finished talking after what felt like a whole hour. "Heartless are born from darkness. They eat hearts, and turn their owners into more Heartless. This thing we can use is called 'Keyblade', and it can release their hearts. The Keyblade can only be used by certain people, so we can't just give it to someone else. And you want us to go to different worlds, never saying we're from another place, to beat the Heartless and prevent them from destroying everything. Um... am I missing something?" he asked. He had been counting each of the things he said with his fingers, and now his left hand was on his right thumb.

"They don't exactly eat the hearts, but close enough" the ninja said, dangling her legs on the edge of the bed. She had sat down there again while talking about how the worlds shouldn't have been connected at first. "Of course, we don't know everything yet, but that's the core of the business."

"...I think I'm going to get a headache..."

"Aww, don't be like that or Leon will complain about you" Yuffie said, jumping out of the bed and heading towards the door. "Now, follow me; we're going to the First District to meet Cid. He'll give you a Gummi Ship" she said, walking out.

Shiz looked from the door to Umbra, and then back at the door again before sighing. It felt like they didn't have a choice on the matter; if they were the only ones capable of stopping the Heartless, it would be too selfish to just say 'I don't want to' and go home. "Umbra?" he said, looking at the other boy again, wanting to hear his opinion on all this madness.

((I'm so sorry for not posting!! I really am! T_T))

"Let's get a couple of things straight. I don't enjoy being on missions with you. In fact, the only reason anyone would go on a mission with you willingly is because the Superior needs you to be attended by a babysitter." Caxias remarked bitterly. The sooner they got the boring missions like reconnaissance out of the way, the sooner they could get to fighting actual threats. "Just take us to the world, and I'll make sure you don't die. Plain and simple." Caxias said with a sneer. "Ladies first, of course. Unless you aren't really a lady." He gestured in a way conveying impatience, though as a Nobody, Caxias could wait an eternity.

Umbra simply shrugged. "Personally, I think it's better to just go along with things than to question them. It does make sense though, in some ways." Though the question that had been tugging at the back of Umbra's mind was clear and simple. 'What exactly is a Gummi ship?' It had the strangest name for a vehicle he'd ever heard of. What did it even look like...? Pushing the thought away, Umbra simply focused on following Yuffie to wherever it was she was leading him.

"Aw, Caxius," Xeclia faked a hurt frown, "That hurt my feelings!" She laughed, "Not like I really have any~!" She walked in through the portal to the next world. Looking around, it wasn't too much of an exciting city to Xeclia's dismay. She turned to Caxius, "I always get these boring recons..."

((Guys, would you like me or shijou-san to control the NPCs and stuff or would you like to do that yourselves? Also, remember Caxias and Xeclia arrived at a point before the movie, so the city would be burstling with life and happy citizens (except maybe the wolf sheriff; he's a jerk)))

Xomne ignored XII's glare and watched the two Nobodies disappearing in Corridors, most likely moving to The Grey Area to go to their mission from there. Nottingham was a world where the inhabitants appeared to be human-like animals, ruled by the benevolent lion King Richard. There weren't humans, but the different native species were so diverse members didn't need an alternate form to go there. It was rare that the Heartless felt attracted towards the castle though, since they were called by the darkness in people's hearts. So maybe someone who resided there was experiencing strong negative emotions. Whatever it was, maybe they could use it to turn the city into appropiate breeding grounds for the Heartless. The more negative the people felt, the better.

He turned towards the Superior's general direction, the difference in their chairs' heights making it difficult to look at the leader directly even if he wanted to. "Is there something else you need, my Lord?" he asked. He always asked some variant of the same question before leaving a reunion.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe you're right" Shiz said, following Umbra outside. Yuffie was by the big, wooden door he had seen earlier, pushing it open with ease. "Well, seems we'll be stuck together for a while, so let's be friends, ok, Umbra?" he said, smiling at the other boy. It did felt kind of exciting; travelling between worlds, defeating the bad guys, meeting new people... "But we have to go back first" he thought. Return to their homes and make sure they were okay. He made a mental note to tell that to Yuffie and Leon when they could talk.

Yuffie ushered them into the First District, going ahead of them and calling for them to move faster. She guided the boys to a bright building with two floors and a bright sign above the door reading 'ACCESSORIES', and as they approached, they saw Leon waiting for them, leaning against the door.

"Was about time" the male said, moving to let them in.

"So, how did it go?" Yuffie asked.

"Could have been worse. But you better talk to him as soon as possible" he said.

"Okay boys, in you go!" she said, entering the store.

The store was small, with a fireplace in one corner, a black sofa and a metallic table on other, and an L-shaped counter on the left. There was what seemed to be a painting in the wall opposite to them, showing a small town at night, and in the middle of the room was a large displaying case with all kinds of what seemed to be small jewerly in it. On the counter, there was a yellow, glowing crystal on a smaller displaying case. However, what caught Shiz' eye was that there didn't seem to be any way of reaching the second floor. "Wonder why..." he thought.

"Hey there. I s'ppose you two are the kids Leon told me 'bout" the man behind the counter said. He was blond with spiky hair and blue eyes, and wore googles on his head and a rectangular charm around his neck.

"Shiz, Umbra, this is Cid. Cid, these are the chosen ones of the Keyblade."

"I know, Leon has already been here complainin' about them" Cid said, putting one hand on the counter to lean on it. He was chewing on a long toothpick, even as he spoke. "So I heard you kids want a Gummi Ship."

"Um... yes, it would be really helpful" Shiz said. "They're the only way to travel between worlds, right?"

"Smart lad. But I don't just give those ships to anyone, Keyblade or not" Cid said, examining the two boys.

((Blobblarg, tell me if Umbra would say anything or if I should continue with the scene))

Edited by ShoukaSangenshiki

((I'm sorry if I haven't contributed much, Shouka. Could we please continue with the scene? And I think that you controlling the NPCs could move the action along quite a bit.))

((Don't worry, you did say Umbra doesn't talk much, so it doesn't matter ^^

Just if you're going to post only OOC, do it on the OOC thread; it was created for a reason after all))

"Ya see, if you want to pilot one of my ships, I gotta know you're the real deal" he said, rubbing his nose with one of his fingers. "Let's do something. You lads prove you can stand your ground against Heartless, and I'll lend you the ship I've been working on. I'll even throw in a couple flying lessons."

"Heard that, boys? You'll be flying away in no time flat" Yuffie said, patting the two teens on their back. "So, how are they going to prove that?"

"Easy. You two just go to the Third District, wait a while, come back alive and you pass" Cid said.

"Heard that, right? Well, don't disappoint us!" Yuffie said, pushing the two boys out of the shop without giving them time to complain. "Third District's that way, behind the big door. Off you go!" she said, closing the door behind them, leaving the two outside.

"...What was that for?" Shiz complained, crossing his arms. He looked around to try to find Leon, but the man had apparently walked away after they went to talk to Cid. "And what did the guy mean when he said, 'come back alive'? But we kinda need the Gummi Ship..." he said, sighing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The town of Nottingham consisted mainly of wooden houses surrounding the massive castle, the streets paved with rocks and some spots of greenery where trees and plants were planted, and a couple of circular wells scattered around so the citizens had access to water, each one with a wooden bucket attached to a rope. The church was located on the outskirts, and there was a blacksmith's near the center of the town, where the dog owner worked mainly fabricating and repairing horseshoes. A couple of animals were on the street, going about on their daily lives, a few kids running loose and playing together. All in all, a very peaceful town, ruled by a great king.

The town was surrounded by Sherwood Forest, a dense forest with some dirt roads for caravans to go through. It was on the border of the forest, with the town already on sight, where the calmness was breached by a mass of swirling darkness.

Is there anything else you need, my Lord?... The words hung in Zalnox's head for a moment, as he thought of the entirety of everything he needed. He paused, opened a corridor, and moved to the floor silently. "Number IV, there is much to be done." He stopped speaking and took a deep, labored breath in.

"The Keyblade Masters mean much to our cause. With them, we can unlock the door to Kingdom Hearts. Our bodies will become one with our hearts again, and our power will become immense." His eyes, practically glowing blue, shifted towards his second in command. "We will be all powerful beings. We will own the worlds." His hands, which had been hanging at his sides, clasped behind his back as he stood. "Our presence cannot be known to them, not yet. They must destroy the heartless without bounds." He stepped forward, moving slightly closer to Xomne and lowering his voice. "If they continue to destroy them, the door will open faster. If we can make them lose their own hearts, the door will open-" His words were slow, direct, and forceful, "-at our command."

Zalnox knew if he could get a Keyblade Master on his side, if they could lose their heart and become a nobody, the battle would instantly be over; The Organization would win by default. The Superior was unsure of how much Xomne actually knew of Kingdom Hearts, aside from its ability to complete them. He drew his glare away from the fourth, and opened a corridor where his eyes landed. "Number IV," he said, stepping towards the emptiness. "You are to learn and understand Kingdom Hearts as well as I. When you are ready, come to my study."

He stepped through, instantly being carried to a huge, white-walled library. A chair that mimicked the look of his throne was sitting before a desk covered in papers. He took a seat, unlocked the lowest drawer, and removed a pile of papers that had been bound with two leather covers. Musician's hands gently removed the dust from the hand-written book, revealing the name pressed into the leather- L's Reports.

((Sorry it's been awhile since posting. This week should be better :] ))

((Sorry about that. It's a little different in other RPs, but now won't make the mistake again!))

"... so we just have to make it back alive? Shouldn't be too hard..." Umbra muttered. So long as they continued to fight like they had before, it shouldn't be too hard. It might help if it wasn't just the two of them, but that didn't matter so much. Teamwork did. "Shiz... let's go get that gummi ship." Umbra said, looking down to the objects in his hand for comfort. It was his pair of AA batteries. They were marked with his name... and the name of someone else. It was the name of his brother who had dissapeared many years ago. It pained him to think that his brother was gone for goo, but the sight of these batteries always made him a little more confident in his abilities. "Lead the way. You seem to have an attitude more like a leader anyway." He said with a small smile. Umbra didn't think that a group of two needed a leader, but Shiz certainly seemed more confident of himself than Umbra was.

Czxias sighed and simply started to drift off. Literally, drifting like a cloud as he had lowered the pull of gravity on his body. "Well, this is your assignment. Ready to do some recon?" He asked Number XII. He really didn't want to be on this assignment. But, so long as it gave him an opportunity to sort out his thoughts and remember just who this Umbra person was, then he would take things as they came. "I suggest checking out the castle first. We'll have to senak past the denizens, but that shouldn't be a problem. Come on. Don't just stand there like an idiot."

"Why should we have to sneak? I want them to see me coming to kill every last one of them-" Then Xeclia remembered the orders to not be detected. She sighed and gathered her thoughts, "Fine, we'll do it your way a go through the castle." She resolved, making he way down the street towards the Castle. She forced a yawn as she proceeded, bored by the recon and not being able to antagonize the Keyblade Master.

Xomne followed the Superior to the floor, hazel eyes on the other man as he listened to his explanation. He knew that the main goal of the Organization, to complete Kingdom Hearts, had been nearly unobtainable for years due to the impossibility of collecting the hearts that the Emblem Heartless released when destroyed. Not even the Superior could do it, so he could see the importance of keeping the Keyblade Masters busy with destroying the Heartless.

His eyes were drawn to the Corridor the Superior opened, as he was given his next orders. 'When you are ready'... what was there to prepare? He knew he could remember all the details, no matter how long the conversation extended. His short-term memory was good enough. And even if he felt the need to write it down later, the information would be safe. He was sure of that.

So he just took a long breath before stepping through the Corridor the Superior had created, arriving in the older man's study. The room, white like any other place inside the castle, was full with books, and its owner was currently sitting behind the only desk, scattered with papers, handling what looked like a collection of important documents. Xomne closed the Corridor behind him and walked towards the desk, stopping one step away from it. "I'm ready, my Lord" he said, respectfully inclining his head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The 'make it back alive' is what scares me. No one says that unless there's something that can kill you there" Shiz said, summoning his Keyblade and looking at the sand-colored weapon. But Umbra was right. They had to get the ship, so they had to go. He turned to smile at Umbra as he told him to lead the way, noticing the batteries the boy was carrying. "Lucky charm?" he asked, curious. They seemed to have something written in them, but he couldn't read it due to the angle.

Celeste

Celeste woke up on a rooftop in a wierd place, one that she had never seen. She was confused; why wasn't she at home in her own bed? This didn't make any sense... Oh yeah, that's right... Dragon Cave had been destroyed by those dark things... What were they? And where was Victoria? She hoped that she had gotten out okay... That light, it made the dark things disappear. Hmmm? What was that in her hand? It looked like some kind of sword, but with the shape of a key... That's really odd. Maybe she could find someone to ask about what was going on. She came down the ladder and stepped out onto the plaza. There was a huse door with a big 1 above, it. She tried to open it, but didn't succeed. She turned around and saw them. The dark things. She screamed as loud as she could, hoping somebody would help her.

Shiz heard a scream coming from the other side of the wooden door that connected to the Third District. "You heard that!?" he asked Umbra, running towards the wooden barrier, Keyblade still in hand. He opened the door with a grunt and ran inside, reaching a plaza with high walls and many neon lights, including a star, something that looked like a thunder over a thick wire, a green crescent moon, and some more. There were streetlamps scattered on the area, and a yellow and red corner that housed what looked like a fountain. There was also a second level, accessible through the stairs in one of the corners. "Is anybody here?" he yelled, hands on the side of his mouth to make his voice louder. He didn't care that Cid's words implied danger; there was someone there that needed help. "Umbra, help me find where that scream came from!" he said, looking around.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why oh why must I babysit the newbie?" Lerficux complained in his mind, glaring at the few Shadows that dared appear when he was pissed off. "Scram" he told them. When the Heartless didn't obey, he just took one of his revolvers out, the one that was completely charged with Fire spells, and shoot them until they vanished in a puff of smoke. "Freakin' ants" he complained again, tapping the back of the containers he had used, charging them again.

The current mission was somewhere named Space Port, a massive construction in the sky that resembled a crescent moon. The artificial gravity allowed to walk on the man-made construction as if it was another planet, and it acted as a massive port, like its name said, for spaceships. Currently he and said newbie were near one of the ends, the endless sky opening above them and to the sides, to both avoid the people going in and out of ships and the strong Heartless that were appearing near the populated zones. He could take them on, sure, but if he got the newbie killed on her first mission Zalnox would be pissed off, he'd get pissed off himself, and he'd be in a cranky mood all week. Yipee.

He turned to the female Nobody that was his partner for the mission. What was her name again? No idea. Whatever, who cared. "So, we've been stuck here the whole morning killing Heartless and it's supposed to continue 'till tomorrow, so ready for another round?" he asked. He was supposed to teach XIII how not to get killed and how to look for information, all the while telling her about the Organization's goals and rules. And no RTCing until they were done. Really, what was he doing here again?

The architecture of Traverse Town was seriously about to drive Umbra insane. It made no real sense and it was a wonder that any of the buildings were structurally sound. Plus, and this was just his opinion, there were too many colors. It was far too bright for his taste. That said, a scream, even if it was a cry for help, was a welcome distraction from the insanity that other world's architecture entailed. Nodding at Shiz, Umbra ran through the streets in the direction that the scream was coming from. Eventually, he found who he was looking for. There in the plaza, surrounded by Heartless, was a girl. And as one could imagine, she wasn't entirely comfortable with her current situation. So leaping to the rescue, Umbra summoned his Keyblade and hoped that Shiz would arrive soon as well. He could possibly beat the group on his own, but a little support would be nice.

------------------------------------------------

Caxias simply smiled his usual smile and floated from the ground by a few centimeters. Soon, they came upon a great castle. It was quite interesting when it came to an architectural standpoint. 'I'd love to be allowed to destroy it.' Perhaps in due time the Superior would reward him with such an opportunity. Until such a time, they were merely there to take note of the present situation. "Well, since it's your mission, you should probably start examining our surroundings. Hop to it." He said in a commanding tome. In truth, he held no real authority over Xeclia. However, Caxias was quite sure that he was far more powerful than the other Nobody.

Celeste

She heard someone make a sound like unsheathing a sword. She turned around and saw a boy, holding the same type of weapon that she had. She looked at the "key" in her hand again, and thought, well, maybe I can use this as a sword? She held it like the boy was holding his, and struck at one of the Beings. "Thank you for coming to help me. May I ask your name?" she said as she struck down another one. She was starting to get the hang of this!

Civixarot

She turned to Lercifux, and said, unsurely, "Uhmm, yeah.. I guess..." Her voice was shaking; she had never truly battled before. Someone had always taken care of it before, and she didn't like having to support herself.

She took a metal marble out of her pocket, and transmuted it into a beam of light that shot straight through a small black Heartless that was miving behind him. She didn't know what else to say; what could she say? She was still relatively new here, and didn't know anything but what Lercifux told her. She silently turned toward him, waiting for more orders.

Edited by gistofeverything

Shiz ran towards the noises that indicated a battle, finding Umbra and a blonde girl fighting a group of those black ants with yellow eyes and the humanoid things with the white helmets and red claws. "Umbra!" he called, striking one of the ant-like creatures with his Keyblade twice before delivering a finishing blow, making it disappear. Curiously, this one didn't release those heart-shaped things like the others. "You two okay?" he asked, moving to take on one of the blue humanoid ones with the black-and-red emblem on their chests. This group of Heartless was more numerous than the one they fought on the Second District, sure, but so far it didn't seem like anything to worry too much about. He was starting to think Cid just wanted to scare them as he hit the Heartless, running to the side to evade it hen it started spinning around, trying to kick him.

--------------------------------------------

"Speak up or no one's going to ever hear ya" Lerficux said, scratching his head and messing his black hair even further. "Let's do something; you take care of the next group and I say you've got the hang of not dying in battle" he said, pointing to where two Wyverns and five Shadows where appearing. "So take out your weapon and start knockin' them senseless" he finished, crossing his arms behind his head. Hopefully, after this he could move on to teach her how to move around without being detected in populated areas. Hey, if the female Nobody had talent, maybe they could be back for dinner.

Celeste

"I'm fine, I think.. Those things just startled me; they look like-" A Being hit her in her back. She swung with her key thing and it disappeared, releasing a heart glowy thing. "Whoa! Like the things that attacked our world back home. How-" She saw another one come in from the side, she swung, and it disappeared without a glowy heart thingy. "How are you? And what is your name?" she asked in a shaky tone. She just wasn't alert, and not concentrating. Moreover, she didn't know anyone else had a key thing like she did, and was intrigued. She tried to manage a smile, is the midst of everything.

Civixarot

"I said that I think I'm ready." she affirmed in a more confident tone. She saw the Heartless materialize towards the back of the room. She took out her Glaive, took a vial out from her pocket,and broke it on the blade. She let the liquid seep into the blade, and she saw the Heartless coming closer, and she swept the Glaive in one direction, taking out a three lesser ones, then in another direction, taking out the other two lesser ones. The dragon was starting to get away, so she vaulted and swept downward, taking the dragon. Another dragon was coming behind her, and she hit it with the side of her Glaive, but it didn't conveniently disappear. She tried using a light beam, too, and it still didn't defeat it. She swiped at it with the metal portion of the blade, defeating it. She smiled at him as more were materializing, "By the way... You never told me your name... I'm-" She swept again at a group of five shadows, and threw a metal marble into the air and transmuted it into a beam of light,taking two dragons. "I'm Civixarot, but you can call me Civi. She smiled as sweetly as she could at her commander.

Edited by gistofeverything

"I'm Shiz and he's Umbra!" Shiz said, exchanging blows with the Heartless. He dodged to a side when it tried to claw him, and hit it on the chest, sending it back. "These things are Heartless! If they defeat you, you become one of them!" he warned, hitting the creature twice on its side and making it disappear, releasing one of those energy hearts. He panted a bit and took on the next one, backing off a bit when one of the ants got near. He wasn't confident enough to take on two at the same time, so he dodged the humanoid one and concentrated on the ant first. "We'll explain later; for now, help us getting rid of them!" he said, continuing his fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Then I'll call you Civ. It's not a shortened version if you can't pronounce it in one syllable" Lerficux said, golden eyes watching how the girl took care of the Heartless. "And talking about long names, mine's Lerficux. Shorten it the way you want as long as it still sounds respectful" he said. By now, Civ was done with the main group of Heartless and was moving to finish off the last two Wyverns. "Okay, enough is enough. We don't want to attract the big ones yet" he said, making his other gun appear and switching the containers until he found the ones he was looking for. Two shots of Thunder left the Wyverns open for attack so Civ could easily finish them off. This time, he didn't charge the shots back. "Kill them and the fighting part of the mission's over. We're moving to the center of the port now so I can teach you how to move without being detected" he said, making his weapon disappear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The castle of Nottingham was bursting with noise, the front doors open with guards stationed at each side so they could check on the citizens that entered and left. The gardens were full as the animals were in the middle of an unofficial badminton tournament, the competitors hitting the 'feathered' ball back and forth. There were a couple of guardian Rhinos on the top of the walls, doing rounds as they looked in and out from time to time. There was no sign of King Richard or any of the royals yet, and no Heartless around to ruin the fun. The door that led inside the proper castle was also open, although its guards were long gone to watch the tournament.

Xeclia grinned and held her hand out for her scythe. She looked around and used a roof, low to the ground, to start her climb. She jumped up to the lower level, then pulled herself up to the roof of the house. Swinging her scythe towards the castle, she lodged it into the side, the curve of the blade sticking into the castle's exterior. Xeclia jumped for the side of the scythe, spinning on the pole. She let go as the got to the climax of her third or fourth spin and landed gracefully on a terrace above her. She looked down at Caxius with a smile, "Come on up." She held her hand out for her scythe which disappeared then re-appeared in her gloved hand.