ShoukaSangenshiki

Kingdom Hearts - Another Sky

Xeclia flinched slightly as she saw her superiors in the room. Had they heard her disrespectful tone? Wait... Why did she care? If there was a keyblade master spotting, intercepting him and messing with him would be fun! She hoped that would be her punishment for her lack of respect. Sometimes, her attitude paid off. Approaching the superior, she grinned slightly, "Hey, Superior, hear we got a keyblade master, huh?"

"The only ones in the castle are myself, IX and-" Xomne started saying, before a sing-song voice interrupted him. "-XII" he finished, as the female member started bothering IX in her usual manner. XII was with easiness one of the most... 'expressive' members the Organization had. As such, even when she was but the second youngest, she tended to have an attitude that could drive most other Nobodies up the wall. Attitude she was employing now on IX, who snapped back at her when she hinted he may have failed his mission. "The others are on missions, and not scheduled to return today" he continued. When the Superior used that tone, you answered first and took care of anything else later.

Only then did he straightened up, waiting for the Superior's orders. However, since he had arrived through a Corridor of Darkness and thus hadn't heard IX's previous statement, he couldn't help his eyes tracing to XII when she mentioned a Keyblade Master. "Another one?" he questioned, disregarding the tone she had used earlier. If she was in need of punishment, their Lord could decide that. And Keyblade Masters were much important than one member being her usual disrespectful self.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Shiz had examined the street earlier, he hadn't seen anyone else. Hence, when he heard a shy "Hello" behind him, his first instinct was to yelp, turn and try to step away at the same time. Which ended up in him tripping and falling right on his lower back.

"Ow..." he muttered, looking up. It was a boy, more or less his age, but had the palest skin Shiz had ever seen. He seemed to have come out of an old movie; black hair, white skin, white clothes... the only color that he had came from bright emerald eyes, looking at the ground rather than at Shiz himself.

"Sorry, didn't see you..." he said, standing up and dusting off his clothes. It was kind of different to not have to shake them for loose sand to fall, but right now it was a time-saver. When he looked up again, he noticed the other kid was carrying something; what seemed to be a key, big enough to pass as a sword, almost identical to the one that had appeared when Shiz fought those dark creatures. "Hey, where did you get that? Do you know what it is?" he excitedly asked, thinking that maybe the boy had answers.

He didn't notice the black wisp of smoke forming somewhat behind him, that disappeared to give way to a humanoid, blue creature with a white helmet, red claws and glowing yellow eyes from a face shrouded by darkness, a black and red emblem of some sorts on his chest.

Caxias nodded to the Second in Command. "I encountered him during my mission. A young boy with white clothing, black hair, and green eyes. I know one thing for certain, though. I have met him before. Perhaps not as a Nobody, but we've met." The ash haired Nobody stated. Pulling back his hood to reveal his scarred face and his usual smile which had resettled onto his features. "Of course, that might have the added benefit of me being able to twist his emotions around a bit." Caxias said with a hollow, heartless laugh. If it meant being able to toy with the child's emotions, perhaps being assigned to monitor him wouldn't be such a drag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Umbra just shrugged at the other boy's question. "I don't know. It just sort of... appeared. I think it's called... a Keyblade." The name fit, seeing as it was an over-sized key that functioned roughly like a sword. 'Keys unlock things, right? I wonder what this key unlocks...' He thought before looking up at the other boy with a slight smile, which quickly changed to a look of surprise. "Watch out!" He exclaimed, moving the Keyblade from his shoulder to a battle position and lashing out at the creature that had appeared behind the other boy. The creature just seemed to dawdle about before being hit, to which it reacted by trying to slash Umbra with it's claws. The Keyblade Wielder promptly dodged and slashed at the Heartless a second time before it was destroyed. What appeared to be hearts seemed to emerge from the dissipating remains of the creature. Umbra loosened his stance a little before giving a tiny smile. "That wasn't so hard."

"A Keyblade..." Shiz repeated, watching the weapon the other boy was carrying. So, that thing had a penchant for appearing out of nowhere... Shiz was about to ask more questions when the other boy yelled "Watch out!", dashing behind him with the Keyblade grasped in an offensive position. Shiz quickly moved out of the way and turned, watching in amazement as the boy hit a kind of humanoid creature with his weapon, eventually making it disappear. Shiz ran towards him, stopping only a few steps away to walk the rest of the way.

"What was that!?" he asked, looking around to try to see more of those creatures. That thing looked different than the ones that had attacked him, but it kind of... had felt the same. He didn't know how to explain it.

Just then, he heard a soft noise around them. Swirling wisps of darkness started to appear near the wooden door, letting more creatures there. More of those humanoid things, at least five, appeared, flanked by some kind of floating, red creatures with what looked like a yellow hat, the same black and red symbol on their chests.

"I think the hard part is going to start now" he said, wary of those creatures. He was about to ask how did you summoned that thing when the brown key appeared in his hands; this time, instead of being surprised, he grasped it tightly, holding it like the illustrations books had of people holding swords. It was two against eight, but if that boy had destroyed that first one so easily, both of them would be able to manage together.

Zalnox's eyes drew towards Xeclia when she made mention of him; however, he was more drawn to the conversation first between Xomne and himself, and then between the fourth and ninth members. In the same order as he had heard, he addressed each member before him, giving closer attention to the older two of the three.

"Number XII," He said, looking directly at the Instigator. "During your next mission, I will be sure to send you somewhere that will have you begging to come home." The bite in his voice was vicious, lacking any of the playfulness that was often found in Xeclia's tone. He did not sigh, nor show any signs of irritability other than the lash of his tongue towards one of the newest members. Eyes drained of the color blue then moved towards the couch, not looking directly at Xomne, though there was no doubt who was the recipient of his next commentary.

"We will move to Where Nothing Meets within the next hour." His head leaned to the side, the motion seemed tired and lazy; a motion unfit for one in a position such as his. The voice that rumbled through the room when he spoke seemed not to come from his body; the quality was omnipotent in the Grey Area, if only because the other denizens regarded him as their superior. "There is much to discuss. Have the missions ready when we begin."

Finally, Caxias was approached, Zalnox's interest growing with the knowledge that Caxias seemed to know the Wielder. "Nine." He demanded, his voice acting as the gavel that brings order to the court. "Is that all the information you have?" He paused and took a breathe before continuing, "We wouldn't want any secrets in the organization," he grinned, his cheeks mocking the motion that Caxias' had, but with only malicious intent as opposed to the mimicking of feelings. "now, would we?"

The grin was released from his face faster than he had put it there, and it was replaced by a sort of snarl. His long fingers ran frantically through his hair and his eyes raced to the window over looking the empty sky once again. "There is much research to be done, friends." The word slipped off of his tongue with an immense amount of duplicity. He was confident that no member, save perhaps Xomne, could ever consider him a friend, and at that, the feeling of friendship was only replayed through memories.

The words that followed arrived slowly, precisely; a short pause followed each one. "And so very little time."

((Sorry that I don't post many little posts throughout the day, but I try to have at least one quality, sort of all-encompassing post per day.

Xeclia jumped as Zalnox's harsh tone pierced her ears. However, his threats didn't scare her, she actually looked forward to the event. Xeclia hadn't been sent on a mission all day, and now, she would get one that allowed her to finally prove that she was a good fighter. She was very young for the Organization, but she wasn't the youngest She anticipated the meeting in the next hour.

((xd.png I love how every post has something to do with how irritating Xeclia is xd.png))

"I have told you everything I know of the boy. If I remember exactly who he is, you'll be the first to know." The ash haired Nobody stated. This was the truth, as he honestly had no recollection of who the boy was from his memories, only that he had known him for many years. The only thing he was withdrawing was that he had felt emotion directly after their encounter. Though, he would likely share that information during the meeting. After all, he wouldn't be punished. The only emotion he felt towards the boy was hate. He wanted to destroy this 'Umbra' for causing him to feel these feelings.

((Short post. dry.gif))

Standing on her toes, Xeclia tried to make herself look less small compared to her leader, Alice smirked, "So, where are you sending me? I'll make sure that Keyblade Master can't even walk once I'm done with him!" Xeclia went back down flat on her boots, her back to the Superior and crossed her arms, "You don't doubt me do you? You know I can take a Keyblade Master on," Xeclia looked over her right shoulder at the Superior, "Right?"

Edited by TheFallenAngel6236

"You do know that our goal isn't to destroy the Keyblade Wielders outright? If we did, we'd never be able to complete Kingdom Hearts." Caxias' usual smile shifted in a smirk as he looked down on Xeclia. Being one of the newest Nobodies in the Organization meant that her skills were a bit limited, but he expected that she at least grasped the basics of their goal to complete Kingdom Hearts. "I assume you know enough about Kingdom Hearts to know that not completing it means that we'll never get our hearts back."

-----------------------------------------

"You have one too?" Umbra asked, surprise evident in his tone. Well, that wasn't a bad thing considering they were easily outnumbered. "Well, let's finish this fight quickly." Umbra charged towards the nearest of the creatures and slashed it a few times before finishing it off. 'That's one.' He thought. The Keyblade Wielder repeated the process with another of the creatures, feeling a bit confident in his abilities. Though he was completely unaware that another of the creatures was about to strike him in the back.

((Failpost.))

Xomne nodded slightly when the Superior addressed him, answering with a respectful "Yes, my Lord". He quickly mentally reviewed everyone's assignments, and the ones that hadn't been taken care of yet, and started sorting out the most important ones to bring them up during the meeting. He looked at the two other men out of the corner of his eyes while he did this, paying attention to IX's exchange with the Superior. The way he was talking, mimicking the dark feelings under a smile with a mouth that had long forgotten how to do so, he seemed to suspect IX had some relation with the Wielder he had encountered, even with IX's denials. Made him wonder if there was something he missed.

The Superior turned towards the dark sky, visible through the window. Friends. It was such a fake word, especially coming from their leader's mouth. Nobodies didn't have friends. They lacked the feelings necessary to form a true friendship with someone else. And there were no exceptions to this rule, no matter how many meaningless words their Lord said to soothe new members into submission.

His right hand twitched slightly; he already knew why. It was a tick of his, to want to touch the stone he usually carried around his neck sometimes. Stone that was currently in his room, like every time he had a mission where it could be lost or damaged. He didn't know the trigger to this insignificant action yet, and frankly, he didn't care. He just turned towards IX and XII, who were arguing about the Keyblade Masters. "Any further discussions can be done in the meeting" he said, with a tone that clearly implied consequences if they disobeyed, looking at XII while he spoke -she was the most stubborn out of the two-, to better drive the point across. It had been made clear that missions were to be assigned in the meeting, so talking about them now would serve no purpose. And trivial bickering was not to be done in front of No. I.

((Edit: Ninja'd. Thankfully I only had to take out a short paragraph.))

Zalnox listened to Caxias' reply, committing nearly every word to memory. He had not heard of a Key bearer appearing for a long time; he suspected that the last time he had even gotten word of anything relating to them, he still had a heart. The appearance of one was hugely important to the goal of the organization; it would allow them to collect hearts in a way that they could not before. However, he could not let the presence of the Organization be known to the Keyblade Master - at least, not yet. Zalnox quickly devised intricate plans, the longer the Keyblade Master was blissfully unaware of their presence, the longer they would be destroying the heartless that were gradually consuming worlds.

Inwardly, he sighed. One Master would not be enough, especially one who was not working towards his goal. If they could find more, than gaining power would take less time. And, if he could convince a Master of the Key to join him, then he could easily finish his project. After the meeting, he would have to begin briefing Xomne of Kingdom Hearts. He had done research on it; however, after finding that he, himself could not collect hearts, he had given up on its pursuit. The members of the Organization, save No. IV, knew not of the enormous amount of intelligence that Zalnox had obtained during his years researching and as a Nobody.

His thoughts were torn away by Xeclia's pouting voice. Though Caxias had said the answer that he would have given, the twelfth member had still asked him a question directly. Taking on a false though surprisingly convincing sense of Charm, he appeared next to the girl. He spoke to her quietly enough that only she could hear.

"Of course not, dear. I know of your powers, and you're perfectly capable of taking on anyone." He paused, adjusting his position so that he was practically whispering in her ear. "After all, you wouldn't be in this organization if you were weak." By the time he had uttered the last syllable of his sentence, he seemed to appear back at the window once again. Zalnox was extremely fast, so much so, that occasionally he seemed to flicker momentarily out of existence. Moving away from Xeclia before she could turn to look at him was one of those times. To someone who could feel, his wavering existence would have probably been extremely frightening.

((Be sure to be checking in on the OOC thread throughout the next few days. Once the Keyblade Wielders move to another world, the Organization members can also move to other worlds. We will be discussing who wants what mission on the OOC thread, and once that is decided, the Organization meeting will soon follow.))

Edited by Shijou-san

Xeclia moved away as the Superior appeared near her. She didn't like people being so close to her like that. Xeclia had somewhat of a personal bubble issue when it came to the other members. However, she didn't mind invading their personal space. Frustrated, Xeclia left the Superior in peace and went off to her own room.

Shiz dashed alongside the other boy, using the momentum of his body to put more strength behind the blow he gave to one of the creatures on the face. It stumbled back, slashing the air in front of it in its confusion. Shiz took the chance to hit it on the side, and after a few more blows it disappeared, letting out another of those heart-like masses of energy. "This things aren't so hard to beat with one of this" he thought, noticing the other boy had also taken out one and was now exchanging blows with another one. However, the fourth creature was about to attack from behind, readying its claws for the hit. "Behind you!" he yelled, hitting the thing in the leg; when you spent all the time he did watching over horses and camels, you learned the legs were important.

It worked; the creature fell to the ground, and although now it was starting to scramble to stand up again, at least it was out for a couple of seconds. He turned to see how was the other boy when he noticed the three red flying things, which hadn't done anything up until that point, with something that resembled a fireball under them, as if they were going to launch them. "Fire!?" he exclaimed, raking a step back to evade if they tried to actually throw it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xomne mentally flinched when the Superior rapidly moved, glad his human senses couldn't register the movement properly. When No. I used that kind of speed while he had taken the form of something more receptive, like a naturally wild animal, his instincts always labeled the older Nobody as a dangerous threat. And while Xomne didn't deny the 'dangerous' part, he knew the Superior wouldn't eliminate a member without a good reason. It would be counter-productive to his plans.

"With your permission" he said, turning to head towards his room, like XII. He navigated the white, empty hallways with ease; after having spent so many years living in the castle, he, like the other members, could reach his destination without even paying attention to where he was going. He entered the almost empty room and closed the door behind him, heading towards the small table next to his bed.

The room was identical to all the other ones, save maybe for all the papers and writing tools neatly arranged on almost every surface. He didn't pay attention to them yet, his gaze instead focusing on the only object in the drawer he opened. His gloved hand closed arond the smooth surface of the gem, taking it out of its place and closing the drawer after it had been retrieved. For the first time since he returned from his mission, he lowered his hood, letting his brown bangs be visible. Only for a short period of time, though; as soon as the black stone was around his neck again, hidden beneath the Organization's cloak, his face returned to being obscured by the hood. There just was something he disliked about showing his features, even when he was in the privacy of his room.

With a small exhale of air, Xomne headed towards one of the stacks of paper, feeling the coldness of the gem against his chest. He took one of the papers from the top and started reading it, his eyes scanning over the foreign words written by his own hand. He trusted his memory, but he preferred to make sure he reviewed everything before the meeting.

Edited by ShoukaSangenshiki

Xeclia flopped onto her own bed, staring at the ceiling. She wanted to be sent on a mission in the worst way. Her young age made her extremely inpatient so she sat up and took a lollipop out of the draw beside her. Unwrapping the piece of candy, she brought to her lips and left the stick poking out. Xeclia got bored only a few minutes later, stuffed a few other lollipops into her pocket then proceeded towards Where Nothing Gathers. She felt as though it may be nearing the time to gather for their meeting.

Edited by TheFallenAngel6236

Umbra was about to thank the other boy for helping him, but was taken aback to see that some of the creatures had created fire, as the other boy had cried out. 'What are these things?' Umbra thought to himself. Well, he'd never find out if he was killed by one of them. Umbra took a leap towards the nearest of the creatures, striking it in mid-air and managing to destroy it. However, the others retaliated too quickly for him to dodge and he was burned by it's attack. Thrown off balance, Umbra dropped his keyblade and fell to the group, clutching his arm where he had been burned by the creature. The pain was like nothing he had ever experience before, and the searing feeling refused to go away. His keyblade seemed to disappear into the shadows as the Heartless closed in on him, the Keyblade Wielder defenseless against them.

Shiz almost dropped his Keyblade when the other boy jumped and struck one of the red things in mid-air, destroying it in one attack. However, the proximity to the other two meant he couldn't dodge the fire that was shot at him and he fell to the ground, letting go of his weapon. "Hold on!" Shiz yelled, trying to get towards where he was; however, the creature he had knocked down before blocked his way, claws ready to attack. Shiz tried to push it out of the way, but he was half in a panic and so his blows were being parred, while the flying red creatures closed in on the other boy.

Just then, a shadow moved past him. He only had one second to wonder what it had been when there was a slicing sound and the three creatures he could see disappeared in black smoke, cleanly cut in two. He took the chance to hurry to the other boy's side and check on his injury; he seemed to have been heavily hurt in the arm, but thankfully it didn't look like anything life-threatening.

"Little kids should stay out of the Second District" a voice said. Shiz looked up and saw a man with long, brown hair that seemed to be in his mid-twenties. He had a scar running from the top of his right eye to his left cheek, and wielded a sword with the handle shaped like a gun. "Otherwise," the man said, raising his sword and pulling the trigger, making it spit a fireball. It passed right next to Shiz and the other boy, making Shiz yelp in surprise, and collided with the only remaining creature, which vanished without leaving anything behind. "They'll keep on coming at you out of nowhere" he finished, letting the still smoking sword rest on his shoulder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xomne put the papers back down on the stack after reading them, leaving the pencil he had been using on top of them. An unnecessary precaution, since his window was always closed and no one had any excuse to go into his room and mess his things up, but still one he took. It never hurt to be too careful.

"The meeting should start soon" he thought, raising his arm to summon a Corridor. The familiar spiral of darkness appeared in front of him, its other end leading to The Round Room, the place where the Organization had their important meetings. He checked one last time he remembered everything important before disappearing in the darkness to take his place on the room.

Time had passed; it had been roughly an hour, yet Zalnox was still sitting and watching the empty sky. The sky would be changing soon, and the paths between worlds were opening. The tall figure knew that he would have to do his research and he had to know who, exactly, he could use to his best advantage. His first order of business was to send out the two lower ranking organization members to another world for reconnaissance, a mission just as important as getting them away from the castle.

Without even a motion, a Corridor began swirling at his feet, dragging him deep into the darkness. The time he spent within its swirling, endless bounds of darkness seemed to be eternities, though he had appeared Where Nothing Gathers in only an instant. He stepped out only a few steps, momentarily walking on the sky, to sit on his throne, the highest in the room. He sat down, watching the corridor disappear, only for his vision to be directed to Xeclia and Xomne. Caxias, at this time, was not yet in the room. He adjusted in his seat, propping on leg up onto the padding of the chair and letting one leg dangle precariously off the edge of the chair. His hand rested casually on the knee of the raised leg, and the other was used to prop his body off. The way he sat, as always, appeared lazy, but he was comfortable. He addressed his underlings by their number and their number only when he was Where Nothing Gathers; it was his way of letting them remember their place. His "comrades" were only another number in the line of other powerful nobodies, and when he had business to settle, he did not even put up the facade of caring.

"Number IV, Number XII," He said, not looking to them, but speaking as if he was addressing a room filled with people. "Take your seats." He leaned back, the hood of his coat gently hitting the giant back of his throne. In that moment, his two Dragoons, now obviously acting as mindless servants, appeared at his side.

"Find Number IX. If he is not here soon, we shall begin without him." With the demand made, the Nobodies disappeared, and Zalnox looked to Xomne.

"Number IV," He said, dictating each word with careful precision, "Upon IX's arrival, I expect a detailed report your last mission." He knew exactly how the meeting was set to run: Report any findings, be briefed for the next mission, and leave immediately. Today, however, Zalnox was sure there was much to discuss, upon the Keyblade's return. Those discussions, though, would have to wait.

Edited by Shijou-san

Caxias peered out the window a little while longer at the dark city below. The Castle That Never Was provided an excellent viewpoint over the skyscrapers, though that wasn't what he was focusing on. He had begun to remember just who that boy, Umbra, really was. They had been very close, possibly family. He remembered taking care of him, and the two of them sharing laughs together. It made the Nobody want to destroy him even more. Another Nobody, a Dragoon, had appeared beside him. "I understand. I will be at the meeting shortly." He said quietly, not looking at the Lesser Nobody. Pulling the hood over his head, Number IX stepped through a Corridor and appeared in his seat in Where Nothing Gathers. Resting his head on his hand, the Nobody peered out at the other from beneath the folds of his cloak, waiting for something that concerned him to unfold.

------

Umbra finally began to regain consciousness. A man was standing over them, carrying a weapon that looked like a merge between a sword and a revolver. "I'm not a child..." He murmured, finally able to stand up. His arm still had a dull aching, but he was able to move it much better than before. "Who... are you? Some kind of guardian?" The black haired boy asked the man that had apparently just saved their lives. He looked quite intimidating, and Umbra quickly felt his gaze fall to the ground, almost afraid to meet the eyes of the mystery man.

Grinning, Xeclia got up on her seat, midway up the wall of seemingly floating white seats. She couldn't wait to receive any kind of mission, she would take anything. Even Recon missions! She was just so bored with staying indoors all day, waiting for someone to give her a chore. Pulling the bare lollipop out of her mouth, she grumbled up the stick and let it drop to the floor, popping in another.

"Oh, don't be intimidated by big mean Squall" a feminine voice said, making Shiz look up to its source. A girl that looked more or less his age was on the roof of the hotel, hands on her hips and looking down at them with a cocky expression. She was dressed kind of oddly, with small, bright clothes, contrasting with the black and white colors the man seemed to prefer.

"That's Leon" the man answered, just turning his back on Shiz and the other boy, starting to walk towards the door to the hotel.

"Yeah, whatever" the girl commented, jumping down and landing neatly behind Leon. "Now you two better follow us; and those creatures are tracking you using the Keyblade, so put it away" she said, waving a finger in the air as she explained. She then turned and hurried after Leon, who had opened the door to the long building and was entering without waiting for them.

"I don't think I get it all, but we better follow them" Shiz said, looking at his weapon while wondering how to make it disappear. Following his wishes, the Keyblade vanished in a small flicker of light, making him jump slightly. "This day is full of surprises..." he thought, looking at his hand in wonder. "Can you walk?" he asked the other boy, concerned. "Oh, and by the way, I'm Shiz. Nice to meet you" he introduced himself, smiling at the other teen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xomne followed his Master's orders and took his seat, one of the closest to the ground. He crossed his legs and rested his hands on his knee, waiting for IX to arrive. Sure enough, the man appeared shortly after, sitting on his designed chair. Only then did Xomne started to talk, closing his hazel eyes as he spoke.

"The original objective was to locate the main source of the recently appearing Heartless in Gyrnes Town. I confirmed they were forming in the oasis the towns are build around, and were starting to reproduce using the citizen's hearts as sustenance. However, before returning, I saw one of the local kids summon what was unmistakeably a Keyblade. He was a male, aged 15-18, light-brown hair, amber eyes and tanned skin, and wearing the custom clothes of the town. The weapon was brown with the token in the shape of a bird's head. He successfully defeated six Shadows before collapsing and being engulfed by darkness, seemingly being transported to another world. After he was gone, I RTC'd immediately" he said. Short and to the point, without leaving out any important details. It was a luck he had been transformed when he caught sight of the Keyblade Master; the eyes of a falcon indeed came in handy when you wanted to see details.

Xeclia crossed her legs impatiently, "So... how gets to go on this wonderful missions of yours, Hm?" She asked. Xeclia didn't care if she was speaking out of turn, freedom of speak she'd always say. She wanted that mission in the worst way, she didn't care who she got paired up with.

Zalnox looked at Xeclia as she piqued up; however, he simply ignored her. The important speech had been made; there were indeed Keyblade Weilder's roaming the worlds. "Thank you, Number IV. We will discuss what to do after Number IX gives an account of his mission."

The First knew that the other members in the room knew about his mission already, but he was to report about his mission anyway. While he would speak, Zalnox would simultaneously plan on what to do about both wielders. Already, his mind was spinning. He could not and would not allow XII or IX to immediately follow them and he hoped that the children did not yet associate the Organization with a bad entity, because if they did, their job would become far more difficult. He would first have to send the IV on missions to find the children discretely; their location would have to be known at all times. If the children could destroy the heartless without restraint, assuming them to be the biggest evil, than Kingdom Hearts could begin to be created, but if they feared destroying the heartless, than the ultimate mission of the organization would take much longer.

Zalnox, after only a few moments of thinking, turned his attention to Caxias and motioned with a hand for him to tell his story.

Caxias nodded his head as Number I gestured to him. "When I was on my mission to Shadow City, I briefly encountered a young boy. At first, he was just like any other; trying to stop me from destroying his home. As usual, his efforts were futile. But then something odd happened... he summoned a Keyblade. I toyed with him briefly, before simply summoning a Corridor and returning here, as this information was vital to our cause. Another thing, is that I remember him somehow. His name is Umbra. I remember that he was close to me... possibly a member of the family. That is all I have about him at the moment." There was no shift in Number IX's posture as he reported his finds, making him look completely uninterested. Though, this was the opposite of what he felt. More than anything, he wanted to find Umbra. For better, or worse.

Umbra struggled to his feet and nodded at the other boy, whose name was apparently Shiz. "I'm fine. My name's Umbra." He said quietly. "Let's just follow them and see if they can help explain things to use. They know about the Keyblade, at least." He sucggested.

((Fail post is fail. >_<))

Edited by Blobblarg242

"Umbra, huh? Nice to meet you!" Shiz said, smiling. He nodded at Umbra's suggestion, grabbing Umbra by his uninjured arm and dragging him along, saying, "Then let's move before those creatures appear again!"

They followed Leon and the girl into the hotel, which seemed to consist of a very long hall and some doors. Those two went into one of the rooms, so Shiz followed, still dragging Umbra. The room wasn't that spacious, but it was enough. Leon leaned on the wall next to a second door that was on the side, crossing his arms with a neutral expression on his face, observing the two boys. The girl, on the other hand, sat on the double-bed and motioned for the boys to take a sit. Shiz closed the door behind them and sat down in one of the white chairs next to a round table. "So... why did you wanted us to follow?" he asked.

"What, you wanted your heart to fall prey to the Heartless?" the girl asked, amused.

"Heartless?"

"Those without heart" Leon answered, eyes still on them. It was starting to make Shiz feel nervous.

"You see, they're attracted by the darkness in people's hearts" the girl said, leaning backwards, her weight supported by her arms. "But, what they really are after are the hearts of those that can wield the Keyblade."

"The Heartless have great fear of the Keyblade" Leon said, walking towards his friend to stand next to her. "That's why they'll keep attacking you, no matter what."

"I don't finish getting it..." Shiz muttered, messing his hair with his right hand. "Umbra, what about you?"

"I... think I understand. The Keyblade... it releases hearts, doesn't it? When we fought those Heartless in Second District... I thought I saw a tiny heart come out of it. But when Leon destroyed one... nothing happened." This was merely Umbra's rudimentary grasp of the concept of what a Keyblade was. It seemed to be logical, but he had no idea as he felt too uncomfortable around these people to actually think too hard on it. Though... the man in the hood did seem to take special interest in him after he summoned the Keyblade. Now that he thought about it, his voice seemed very familiar... "So, what do we do now? Do we just stay here and fight the Heartless? I kind of wanted to go back home..." Umbra grasped the batteries that he kept in his pocket again, their feel giving him a painful reminder that he might never see Shadow City again.