RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

3 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Oooh public trade drama! What the heck happened here?

Shrug. They need to take it to private messages either via Forum or Discord or whatever.

Edited by Kiyoura

That's how you get your scroll burned. It is forbidden to use Trade that way. 

Last time it was over eggs/hatchies gaining views. Well, that can be a glitch with Silvi's Lair or another hatchery. The hatcheries don't always clear previous eggs/hatchling from your scroll. I've found fogged eggs/hatchies on my scroll at Silvi's that didn't belong to me anymore.

dang. you go afk for holiday stuff and miss a lot. Hope its calmed down though. its for the best though. now I need to figure out what to eat. Nothing big because stomach's a bit iffy. Ramen sounds about right. I need my sharp cheddar to mix it with though. 

O.o Is curious what I missed while I was at work. Also dreading the pre-Thanksgiving prep.....which I should go start on 😕

My friend and I should make cookies... or should we wait until the morning??? I dunno...

I have NO idea what I am doing in regards to this turkey...I've never been the one to cook it before....pray for me friends

You can cover its skin and inside with oil or butter with some salt and spices, maybe a splash of vinegar to help the flavors absorb in. Cover with foil and put in the roasting pan. If the lid doesn't fit all the way down, well, that's what the foil is for.  Then slow cook it overnight at 275/300 F. Turn the temperature up to 350 about two hours or an hour, depending on how cooked it is before removing from the oven. Just the turkey. No dressing or vegetables. It might not be the prettiest turkey, but it will be tender. 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

10 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You can cover its skin and inside with oil or butter with some salt and spices, maybe a splash of vinegar to help the flavors absorb in, then slow cook it overnight at 275/300 F. Cover with foil and put in the roasting pan. If the lid doesn't fit all the way down, well, that's what the foil is for. Turn the temperature up to 350 about two hours or an hour, depending on how cooked it is or before removing from the oven. Just the turkey. No dressing or vegetables. It might not be the prettiest turkey, but it will be tender. 

It's 21 lbs, how long do I cook it for? How do i even know if it's thawed all the way through?! (this is stressful lol) Roaster pan didn't come with a lid, so foil it is I guess lol (I'm doing premade next year, forget this nonsense lol) I still have to finish cleaning, figure out how long everything is going to take to cook, actually START cooking (we're having dinner tomorrow at 5pm, so I have to figure that timeframe out....)

edit: oh.....i just found the instructions for the turkey...is a little packet inside the netting that holds the bird...says it should only take 4 ish hours, so no big there then.

Edited by IzzyCat91

That's the part of reasoning behind slow roasting it. Not as much guesswork and meat thermometer checking. It's fone when you poke a hole in a thick part down to the bone and the juices run clear.  Remove the foil in the last half hour or so, and baste with more butter if you want the skin to crisp. 

I got this from an old cookbook that was part of a favorite recipes of Home Economics teachers. The turkey was marinated in salt, vinegar, water and liquid smoke before cooking to give it a smoked flavor. 

24 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

we're having dinner tomorrow at 5pm, so I have to figure that timeframe out....)

5 pm... wait until early tomorrow morning. I guess about 12 hours? Then try putting other stuff to bake in the oven with it during the time when you turn the temperature up to 350 or 375.

No lid. Make sure you cover it thoroughly with foil and the foil is secured (yeah, right) to the pan. You're basically steam cooking it in its own juices with the oil/butter/foil keeping the moisture in.

AND DON'T FORGET TO CHECK FOR AND REMOVE THE NECK/GIBLETS in the turkey.

21 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

5 pm... wait until early tomorrow morning. I guess about 12 hours? Then try putting other stuff to bake in the oven with it during the time when you turn the temperature up to 350 or 375.

No lid. Make sure you cover it thoroughly with foil and the foil is secured (yeah, right) to the pan. You're basically steam cooking it in its own juices with the oil/butter/foil keeping the moisture in.

ok, start the turkey low at 5am, then around like 3 or 4 start the biscuits and casserole. Thank you friend!

You're welcome. Hope it works out. Not all turkeys are the same and not all oven work the same. Cooking too fast is what causes raw on the inside and cooked on the outside. Slow cooking is better than cooking too fast, and be generous with the butter/oil towards the end of cooking it, but don't let the bottom of the turkey fry. That's what the people who cook for restaurants do. Butter covers up a number of sins.

The bratwurst turned out to be too salty. It's an ingredient, not a stand-alone food.

omg I have done so much work to clean/prep the house for our families to visit and it feels like I have made zero progress. It seems like I keep finding more things that need done that weren't even ON the list.

Not hosting next year, I have decided.

Shove it all in the most out of the way closet/room and put up this sign:

Spoiler

ggpeFQP.jpg

2 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Shove it all in the most out of the way closet/room and put up this sign:

Hide contents

ggpeFQP.jpg

XD wonderful!

2 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Ugh. I should stop procrastinating. 

Let me know if you figure out a way... that you know, doesn't require effort or motivation.

19 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

It's 21 lbs, how long do I cook it for? How do i even know if it's thawed all the way through?! (this is stressful lol) Roaster pan didn't come with a lid, so foil it is I guess lol (I'm doing premade next year, forget this nonsense lol) I still have to finish cleaning, figure out how long everything is going to take to cook, actually START cooking (we're having dinner tomorrow at 5pm, so I have to figure that timeframe out....)

edit: oh.....i just found the instructions for the turkey...is a little packet inside the netting that holds the bird...says it should only take 4 ish hours, so no big there then.

When in doubt, I try and look up directions from vids online from great chefs like Gordan Ramsay. He's got some really great recipes on his youtube channel. 

---------------------

Yeah, that's not okay. It's a low blow and a backstab after all they've done for you. If you wish to go through with it, good luck. They have all the legal paperwork while you have a trash can full of empty beer cans. Every time you talk crap is another toe you hit. You will run out eventually.

Edited by Syiren
typos are evil. -_-;

why you being such a butthead discord? I wanted to move the edit over to get a better image for my avatar change, but you're not letting me pan right. grrrrr.