RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

Music is so great. Even thinking back on a rough time, remembering the music I listened to feels nostalgic.

I'm not much of a breeder but like Halloween dragons very much.

I've been collecting, breeding and trading for Halloween mates all year and was under the impression that I had made good progress. Until I finished going through my groups right now...

179 Halloweens still need mates

377 Halloweenkin need holiday mates

I want to curl up in a corner and cry.

6 hours ago, Varasse said:

want to curl up in a corner and cry.

I know. We get a week to breed mates, then we need those same slots for the release.

22 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I know. We get a week to breed mates, then we need those same slots for the release.

That's why I prioritize. The mates I want most get bred right away. I catch some goodies here and there and then I make sure I have space for new dragon before enjoying the leftover goodies that are in the AP afterwards. Mostly messies at that point, but every now and then you get some good stuff. Like this! https://dragcave.net/lineage/wDIDA - not every day you see a 2G Spriter's Alt.

----------------------------

Why do some companies call you back 'just' to put you on hold?

I don't care for the pink Pumpkin dragons myself. I think I have descendents of all the desaturated Caligenes, a few Omen SAlts, a 2G from a Pitfire, and I got unknowingly in trade a common from a Depsis SAlt (which I appear to have lost track of) and a 3G from a Pitfire SAlt (Needs an Exalted mate). Took me a little bit to realize something was different.

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

Why do some companies call you back 'just' to put you on hold?

Because they're paying the employee a one person salary to do 2 1/2 jobs.

I keep thinking that everyone needs to be aware that you can only breed checkers for the first day or two of Halloween breeding, because after that it turns into gender lotto, thanks to the sheer number of eggs going through the AP. 

*mildly frets*

19 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

I keep thinking that everyone needs to be aware that you can only breed checkers for the first day or two of Halloween breeding, because after that it turns into gender lotto, thanks to the sheer number of eggs going through the AP. 

*mildly frets*

Ahh, thanks for the heads up! I'll actually be ready this year, usually I panic breed all my checkers on the 30th when I remember to catch the halloween event :')

I still like trying to filter through the lowtime AP eggs, I tried to hoard more aeons this time around so its less of a gamble with checkers

2 hours ago, brevi said:

Ahh, thanks for the heads up! I'll actually be ready this year, usually I panic breed all my checkers on the 30th when I remember to catch the halloween event :')

I still like trying to filter through the lowtime AP eggs, I tried to hoard more aeons this time around so its less of a gamble with checkers

You’re welcome! 

I’m still gonna take my chances too, but I’ll be kind and only breed 2gs after that first wave 

I can either adult and clean or decide Saturday night's a kid kinda night and play Smash Bros and BOTW. Ugh, I can't decide what I want to do!

58 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

20211023_185327.jpg

I'm in this image and I don't like it. 

Hah! Finally found a good Halloween pfp. Pyro Jack from Persona 3. Perfect.

4 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Maybe I should be a mortician. Morticians are artists, right?

Makeup, hairstyling, a bit of sewing, a bit of modeling clay, plenty of cotton wadding. 

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Makeup, hairstyling, a bit of sewing, a bit of modeling clay, plenty of cotton wadding. 

Yeah!

Are you a mortician?

Really hope things work out in the end. 

3 hours ago, Library_gremlin said:

Are you a mortician?

Just a person with morbid curiosity. 

hallow07b.gif

43 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Just a person with morbid curiosity. 

hallow07b.gif

😘

I'm still trying to figure out what I’m doing with my life. I don’t know if I’m just an artist with a morbid interest or something more. 🤔

16 hours ago, Library_gremlin said:

I'm still trying to figure out what I’m doing with my life. I don’t know if I’m just an artist with a morbid interest or something more. 🤔

There's good money in it if you're not squeamish. Nowdays they laser art onto gravemarkers, that's artistic. Think tomstones with tattoos! I think the funerary arts of carving decorations for mausoleums and such would be expensive to get started in. Art for metal bands' promotions.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

5 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

There's good money in it if you're not squeamish. Nowdays they laser art onto gravemarkers, that's artistic. Think tomstones with tattoos! I think the funerary arts of carving decorations for mausoleums and such would be expensive to get started in. 

I look at pics of cadavers for fun. Not much in the realm of squeamishness here. That, and I watch a lot of Asian spas and see a lot of blood. 

Edited by Library_gremlin

I cannot get "This is Halloween" out of my head!