RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

Some days I really want to go back to the 80s and beat my teenage self with a clue-by-four.

*laughs at catstaff*  

We can't all be like the teens in books that were written by 40-year-old people who have forgotten how eagerly teens fall for dumb 💩 and admire bad role models.

Note to self: do not listen to Swedish Pagans by Sabaton and then put on anything by Auri. Auri's music is beautiful, but Swedish Pagans is a complete earworm with a catchy beat and Auri's mood music is no match. You will find yourself singing Swedish Pagans right over the top of whatever Auri song is on. Try Nightwish instead, or Iron Maiden, or even some of the 80s hair bands.

I really wish Duolingo taught more spoken (casual) language along with the formal written stuff. I just know that somewhere, someone is laughing at some of the non-English bits of dialogue in my current WIP.

Whoops, that was the sound of a tree or tree limb breaking and falling.

Whump That was a pine branch falling.

The trees are coated with ice and the precipitation is still falling.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Whoops, that was the sound of a tree or tree limb breaking and falling.

Whump That was a pine branch falling.

The trees are coated with ice and the precipitation is still falling.

I hope you're not trying to sleep while listening to all that.

There's nothing quite like lying in the pitch black, the power off, hearing trees breaking and falling all around and knowing that the neighbor's biggest pine is perfectly lined up to smash your roof if it goes down. And then there's the joy of the 4:30 wakeup call for everyone with a chainsaw to come out and help clear the road of fallen trees so emergency vehicles can get through. (Yes, experience talking. December 2008, semi-rural New Hampshire. Spent a week camped around the woodstove in the living room, thankfully managed to keep the pipes from freezing.)

I need to reorganize most of my groups. I procrastinated too much. T~T

Not telling how this happened, but my brain is currently singing "I'm a marbi girl, in the marbi wooooorld".

Sometimes I really wonder about my subconscious... the bad guy in the story I'm currently writing just did something that made me go, "Eww!" and I certainly didn't plan for that to happen, but I swear, the scene practically wrote itself. And while what happened certainly fits what I know of the character's personality, even I didn't think he was that creepy.

Did not think I'd get so many 2G Eradors this year. I'm very pleased with my results. Now to plan the checkers (rubs hands in anticipation) 

5 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

asdfasdfasdf stop tombstoning!

Your vampires? Or your zombies?

Please don't rain today.

The only thing worse than an abandoned fanfic, is an abandoned fanfic by an author that's still writing bunches of other fics. (Says the fanficcer who tends to go 3-4 months between updates of one WIP, while posting other stuff in between. But I define "abandoned" as "no updates in over a year.")

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Your vampires? Or your zombies?

The site!  XD  I kept getting the RIP error page.

9 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

Ah, I had that today, too.

I miss the kittens. I hope they're okay without me.

10 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

why did I picture The Undertaker pulling his signature move when you said Tombstone. lol, I'm not even into wrestling. (except for Undertaker, he is awesome)

-------------------------

I'd lose my head if it weren't attached.

I should have gone to bed a couple hours ago, but here I am, posting in Forum Games. 🤣

*narrows eyes at manga ad on DC: 'waiting for dawn in the arms of a beast'* 🧐

Can I claim copyright infringement?

I really hope things get easier from here. Doubtful, but I'm going to be optimistic.