RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

how can things go from normal Tuesday afternoon to world war 3, 4 and 5 in the span of five minutes? I'm just glad for once it doesn't involve me and it's not my problem to deal with it. I'm a peacemaker, but I am NOT getting in the middle of a volcanic eruption and a cat. 5 hurricane.

It's creepy sometimes when you heat a cat vocalizing and because of the distance and the walls, it sounds like a human voice.

I think my cat sometimes is trying to be an opera singer.

"Mrowowowoah! Mowoawoawoah!"

(Remember the second Crocodile Dundee movie where he says he's going to "make a phone call"? And he does that with a wooden blade on a string? That sound?)

^ :D  I don't know the movie but I know cat sounds!

At some point I will get used to the 1996 spelling reform.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

(Remember the second Crocodile Dundee movie where he says he's going to "make a phone call"? And he does that with a wooden blade on a string? That sound?)

That sound was awesome!

Urgh. Almost time for work.

9 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It's creepy sometimes when you heat a cat vocalizing and because of the distance and the walls, it sounds like a human voice.

Why did I just envision a cat screaming at a microwave to heat up his mouse burger faster? Just because of a slight typo from hear to heat! lmao!! 

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Remember the second Crocodile Dundee movie where he says he's going to "make a phone call"? And he does that with a wooden blade on a string? That sound?)

No? I don't remember that part at all.

It's almost the end of February. How did that happen?

22 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It's almost the end of February. How did that happen?

i think you mean it's almost the end of January.

i want to know how it got to be 2021.... the 90s were only a few years ago, right?

29 minutes ago, trystan said:

i think you mean it's almost the end of January.

i want to know how it got to be 2021.... the 90s were only a few years ago, right?

Yes. Wait... how is it 2021? I remember being a teen and not thinking I'd live this long.

5 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Yes. Wait... how is it 2021?

^this

where's the time gone?

Found the great-great-great grandhatchling of one of my Vampires in trade.

Zwangsvollstreckungsunterwerfungserklärung is too long to be a dragon name.

The dinos are a reference to the original The Land Before Time(? Besides a Yoshi reference).

Vremya Drake: "vremya" is a transliterated russian word "время", which means "time".

12 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

The dinos are a reference to the original The Land Before Time(? Besides a Yoshi reference).

Vremya Drake: "vremya" is a transliterated russian word "время", which means "time".

I'm pretty sure they are inspired from Land Before Time. There are 5 total and each one represents either Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike.

------------

Why am I such a scatterbrain?

Edited by Syiren
I erm... totally didn't forget my thought. Nope. *shifty eyes*

I think I deserve a cookie.  🍪🍪 

I

have no idea what the white/pink creature wagging its tail at me from Syiren's gif is except it is a Pokemon.

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I think I deserve a cookie.  🍪🍪 

I

have no idea what the white/pink creature wagging its tail at me from Syiren's gif is except it is a Pokemon.

if it's a fox-like critter, I think that'd be the Alolan Vulpix, but in its shiny form. 🤔

--------------------------------

it's almost 4 am. Why am I still awake? Ohhh right, I had a some Mtn. Dew at midnight. That's why.

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

if it's a fox-like critter, I think that'd be the Alolan Vulpix, but in its shiny form.

Yes, that is what it was. 

Of course, my favorite Cantormari is the malevolent bad luck one.

Public trading has worse odds than poker. In poker, you can win without 2G Saltkin, a CB rare metal, or a 7G perfect checker.

Public trading is more like buying a lottery ticket.

The worst part about writing is having to look up all sorts of bizarre information. Like, I just learned there are no Build-a-Bear stores in Zurich or Stuttgart (actually, there don't seem to be any in Switzerland or Germany at all) and so now if I want to go on with my idea of my MCs going on a teddy bear making spree for Christmas (for a friend's 3-year-old that they feel the need to spoil), they're going to have to do so in London... and that's going to necessitate a charter flight to deliver the bears in time for Christmas. Fortunately, one of them is a commercial pilot (hence the "they're going to be here or there on any given date") and can presumably get a deal in order to use one of the company's small planes for the trip... but now I need to figure out just how small a plane would work for the flight in question in order for them to make the round trip in one day.

Edited by catstaff

47 minutes ago, catstaff said:

but now I need to figure out just how small a plane would work for the flight in question in order for them to make the round trip in one day.

Fairly small will do, methinks.

Why am I so tired today?

No, I will probably not crack a code that people have tried to crack for 70 years, especially since I don't really know how to do that.

(Oh, I should read that e-book about it that we have somewhere.)

That Zodiac killer thing required computers doing maths to the code millions of times. I can't do that. (I mean I could write a Perl script that does... things... and... then... uh... something happens? And suddenly I have a deciphered message? Uh-huh.)

Of course if the person writing the code happened to have a brain that worked similar to mine, I could find a solution that other people can't find because they just don't look at it the right way... Or if I guess correctly what a part of the message says, and nobody else guessed it before me... Because after reading one Wikipedia article about the case, I surely know enough to... um... nope. :P