RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

6 hours ago, Syiren said:

I really hope I never encounter the dreaded wild karen. They are a whole other level of bat-poop crazy.

this made me LOL!  my boss is a Karen (and i mean that literally too!) she's got her crazy moments.

i'm actually a Caren, and we're just weird. XD

Had a discussion with my therapist the other day about how the Karen meme is demeaning to women. She said my words were a revelation to her and stopped using it. I'm happy.

I'll admit I'm not sure what the male version of 'Karen' is, but I see the term "Karen" less as demeaning towards women and more towards the entitled ones that make a fool of themselves that think if they lash out and throw a fit if they don't get their way people will bend the knee and give in.

If a clerk or a store manager asks you (not you personally, just in general) to wear a mask for safety and health reasons and you don't believe it does any good and wish to leave  Then leave. There's no reason to take all in your cart and throw it to the floor. Eggs, bread, meat, milk, someone else could have eaten that. Someone who really needs it. You don't have to damage the produce and throw a toddler tantrum to vent your rage. 

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

more towards the entitled ones that make a fool of themselves that think if they lash out and throw a fit if they don't get their way people will bend the knee and give in.

the thing is, i've read lots of stories (www.notalwaysright.com) where a manager does give in and gives the person toddler what they want.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

There's no reason to take all in your cart and throw it to the floor. Eggs, bread, meat, milk, someone else could have eaten that. Someone who really needs it. You don't have to damage the produce and throw a toddler tantrum to vent your rage. 

thank the gods i've never seen this behavior.  that's kinda nuts....

2 hours ago, trystan said:

the thing is, i've read lots of stories (www.notalwaysright.com) where a manager does give in and gives the person toddler what they want.

thank the gods i've never seen this behavior.  that's kinda nuts....

I watch a channel on youtube called r/start has has a bunch of stories for r/Idon'tworkherelady and a few others. But there's a vid that went viral of someone who was anti-mask throwing a fit and her food before leaving because she was asked politely to wear one that the clerk had offered.

----------------

Eta: I'm so glad my headache is finally gone. Can it stay gone, please?

Edited by Syiren

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

there's a vid that went viral of someone who was anti-mask throwing a fit and her food before leaving because she was asked politely to wear one that the clerk had offered.

the entitlement is strong with that one...

Why spend so much time on making a nice and understanable post in trading if noone is going to offer on these anyway...

I think maybe I do need to get that special pillow, hopefully that will deal with the neck strain/headaches u_u

Uh... I'm sorry...? Like how can me showing concern for someone be "misguided". That's probably not what they meant, but it kind of came out that way.

Well, inserting sarcasm into her argument doesn't exactly mean she's being totally logic driven in her writing. Seriously, I don't think she realized how tunnel vision she got. It seemed defensive like fight-or-flight. When I get that way it normally ends up pretty badly for myself and I withdraw horribly. Little miffed that nothing I said seemed to satisfy her and it took someone else to get some compromise. I digress though, the last thing I need to do is get off topic with another's mental health.

*slaps self* Alright, time to move to something else. Nothing's going to come of me sitting here typing.

There was a brightness option. I feel like a moron. All this time I complained about how dark it was. fjskdfjksljsajdasjdkasjakndkas <---(Head meeting keyboard... a few times)

Purple Noodles.

=> Poodles.

Wait ...

Yeah.... I'm staying out of that Firestorm.

the moment when you wonder if what you said is because you're a millenial or from your local lingo

life lesson learned. Never anger a skunk. sweet jeebus that stink was RIPE! 🤢

On 7/6/2020 at 4:09 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Purple Noodles.

=> Poodles.

Wait ...

I don't know the context for this, but I am 100% onboard with it. 🤣

Yep. Definitely glad I followed the advice and locked my door. thieves are among the lowest of the low, especially when they take advantage of someone who is helping them and offering them shelter. if they end up sleeping on a park bench tonight they can reap what they sew. There is no excuse for that.

the moment when you wonder if what you said is because you're a millenial or from your local lingo

..........the hell? did it not send the last time?