RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

14 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I liked it.

Movies are always a matter of taste.

Yeah, it was just my opinion. I'm pretty hard-to-please, since I'm a writer and very vocal about my philosohical preferences.

Tbh I'd love to see more movies like Mulan and Coco, with an Asian or Latin flair/setting.

Coco hits me in the feels every single time. That ending? Just.... gah! It's a movie about family! Imma watch it tonight for Thanksgiving! 

^ I find it hilarious that at the same time Disney is giving us disjointed crap like Frozen 2, Pixar is dishing out creative hit after creative hit. Brave, Inside Out, Finding Dory, Coco, Incredibles 2... need I say more? I'll admit Moana was a breath of fresh air, but it just seems like Disney is only interested in taking old stories and putting an annoying modern spin on them.

I think Disney lost my support when they ruined Star Wars. Nothing was sacred after that, and I've stopped caring about modern cinema as a result. Nobody wants to see a classic love story anymore, they just want morose, cerebral tripe. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I want to feel good when I see a movie, and not any other emotion. If I want a headache, I'll read Paradise Lost.

/retreats to her writing lair

15 hours ago, Sesshomaru said:

I think Disney lost my support when they ruined Star Wars

i tend to think of the Disney Star Wars as another timeline.  i don't like how they did what they did, and i don't think they do either, since they're wanting to pull stuff back from the storylines they threw away (if that makes sense)

15 hours ago, Sesshomaru said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I want to feel good when I see a movie, and not any other emotion

no,  i also watch movies to be entertained and feel happy/good about it.  i tend to like/enjoy everything i watch (tv/movies) as it is. :) 

I'm just getting tired of stupid Disney live action remakes. Isn't the classic good enough? How is Lion King 2019 live action anyway? They're all CGI (and crappy ones at that!) Just stahp already! 

Personally, I liked all the live action and animated Disney movies but that’s just me; I think they were pretty good. 

Oh look, another wall in the AP. This whole month's been "What's walling the AP now?"-month, almost every day's been a wall-day there.

at least hubby didn't belittle or rag on me when i was talking to my mom about my trip back across the state tomorrow - i've never driven 6 hours on the turnpike by myself before.  (actually i personally have never driven for 6 hours anywhere.  i've ridden, but that's very different.) so at least he was understanding that this is the first time i'm doing this by myself. :) 

You know how in films someone starts working out, and then you see a 20-second summary of them doing various workout things, and then they have that super strong and well-shaped body? I want that in real life. I can totally stay motivated and do sports for 20 seconds!

I need to stop obsessing over this......but it's just so frustrating when I know I'm in the right yet I accidentally ****ed it for myself that I'm somehow the bad guy in this >A<

Hey, with Duolingo's French course for Spanish speakers I can practice both languages at the same time! I am so SMRT

It took less than one week to clear whole story of Pokemon Sword...

Oh wait, they added something on SMM2.

Sooooo KH3 gets FF characters finally. Kairi is playable, You get to fight as Ventus and a fight with the Sea Salt Trio..... which would make the game awesome and we should have gotten in the actual game. (we even get mention of the Black Box again) and.... it's locked behind a pay wall.

Square. That alone pisses me off. I already spent a lot on this game buying the version with the figures. That was $250. Almost 4x's MORE than the standard version... and you want MORE money?

If it's any more than $15 I'm not buying it.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, trystan said:

i tend to think of the Disney Star Wars as another timeline.  i don't like how they did what they did, and i don't think they do either, since they're wanting to pull stuff back from the storylines they threw away (if that makes sense)

no,  i also watch movies to be entertained and feel happy/good about it.  i tend to like/enjoy everything i watch (tv/movies) as it is. :) 

This is late, but yeah, I just consider the new trilogy a non-canon timeline. Disney can't stop the EU from being canon just because they say so. I'm a 90s kid. The EU is the only SW canon I will ever know.

In other news, I made a new friend at college. I was a little kid the last time I made a friend at school, so it's nice. Not surprisingly, they're four decades older than me. (I try really hard to make friends my own age, but I don't drink, which is apparently the only way the 20-somethings in my town know how to amuse themselves.)

Keep working on Chinese Magistream Wika...I wish I have the production as efficient as their creature releases.

Or poping up 3-4 people help me translating when I wake up tomorrow.

I really really really want to tell this person how wrong they are! Yes, I know they know they'll be wrong in most cases and they're just sending the message to every email address they can find, but still... I want to tell them how stupid it looks when they send it to a computer that doesn't even have a camera! (Oh and they think my name is "Website". It's not.)

47 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

I really really really want to tell this person how wrong they are! Yes, I know they know they'll be wrong in most cases and they're just sending the message to every email address they can find, but still... I want to tell them how stupid it looks when they send it to a computer that doesn't even have a camera! (Oh and they think my name is "Website". It's not.)

I think I know what that is. I got that mail twice.

They don't care about those who don't believe them, all they need is the one idiot or two who does believe them. Money for nothing!