RheaZen

Current Thought Thread

Lordy, I hate spring/fall allergy time.  I am so itchy, congested and just plain miserable.  Any one else care to chime in on the woes of pollen allergies?

If you want to think about why Lit is so important it captures the essence of the greatest word artists of the times.  It's not more important just equally important to the Maths and sciences.  It gives many a human escape and pleasure if it's beingread by choice and not assignment. 

BTW if your lit teachers are honest there is no one correct interpretation of any piece of Literature.  Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's as long as you support your opinion with facts and examples which prove your opinion.

Try a Shakespearean play in the way it was meant to be in a 2 hour rapid fire with gymnastics time period.  The Taming of the Shrew is excellent this way as are most. They don't need to be dragged out with long pauses and things.  Rapid fire delivery was the norm back in the 15 and 16 hundreds.  And seeing the play MacBeth when the prophecies come true is amazing.

I bet even your lit teachers over the years have disliked some of the things they have to teach or had to study to get their degree.  Poetry I despise teachers who only accept their opinion of images and symbolism in poetry.  Arghhh!  BTW, in case you couldn't guess I am/was an English teacher who specialized in lit and writing.

wink.gif Funny thing is, even before I read this, I tackled the book report in question and it's turning out not as bad as I expected. I just feel there's a lot of emphasis put on Lit compared to other subjects at my school. That might be more because there's a LOT of material to learn, but it sort of comes off as The Important Thing while other subjects get shoved aside.

The fact that there's no one correct interpretation is kind of what bothers me the most. Guess I'm the type who needs clear right and wrong answers, and I'm not very imaginative either, so interpretation of poetry is going to be the bane of me... rolleyes.gif (Our teacher just had us write a poem out of nowhere. It was just a limerick, but now I fear what will happen when we actually GET to studying poetry. *shudder*)

But well, blaming it on the subject goes nowhere. I'll get through it somehow.

i am sososo sad today and i don't quite know why but it's not fun at all

i just feel very chaotic in my head like nothing feels right and i'm not me and i want to start my whole life over like get a whole new haircut and all new clothes and new friends a new school a new life but that's

a bit unrealistic so i'm just kinda sad sitting here i want to read something or write something but it's just gonna be sad if i do

i need to find a way to cheer myself up asap

whatthreadwasthisagain?

Ugh, I don't know why he needs to bring up that card almost every thread I see him. Nobody cares. Get over yourself.

i'm sick of being sick

this is like the only thread i post in anymore and i haven't actually like collected any eggs/dragons in so long but i should get back to this site. i do like it here. i think i'm gonna just gonna stop going on my (multiple) tumblr blogs altogether tbh tumblr is not good for me it's not even entertainment anymore it's just a distraction that makes me feel bad about myself heh

today was such a sucky day im gonna clean my room

I'm going to be hating myself at about 2AM for not starting this homework sooner...

I'm going to be hating myself at about 2AM for not starting this homework sooner...

Pretty much this. Except I have to turn it in by 11:55pm...and it's a group assignment...

I hate group assignments.

Oh my god my scribbling has way too much dialogue what is even going on

where's the action

so much tell, not enough show

I have to fix it

Jumping up and down the floor

my head is an animal

and once there was an animal

it had a son that mowed the law

the son was an OK guy

they had a pet dragonfly

the dragonfly it ran away

but it came back with a story to say...

i really should go to the bathroom.....but the mix of laziness and the want to read......*crai* why am i reading this book at night? :'D

I need that melty chocolate cake right now. the kind that is towered up with sweet layers of earth balance cream frosting, straight to the top where there's a cute little flower designed on a corner. It melts in your mouth, and you don't taste the disgusting taste of under-cooked cocoa powder, but also not over-cooked, with only the finest gluten-free flours, blended and just the right amount. It won't taste vegan, even though it is, and I'll eat super slow to savor it, and then I'll cut another tiny little piece that no one will notice is gone.

Okay, I'll probably make those tomorrow... oh my, but I was going to roast the sunflower seeds! I guess I didn't start soaking them yet, so I suppose I could still do it. Besides, it's just for me. Except for the leftover tortillas. But they might not work out, I mean, tortillas! And I don't have that weird old shortening, I'm just sticking with my earth balance. Why am I only thinking about food? Maybe I should stop baking for a while. Nah.

That's one powerful sucker punch of an introduction. I love days when things are going good. cool.gif