Sign in to follow this  
Engiype

Great practical jokes and pranks

Another good one I like to do a lot is 'kidnapping' my friends.

This one friend of mine walks home a lot, and I catch the bus. On my way down to the stop I spotted her and began my sneak attack. c:<

What you gotta do is be real stealthy and get close behind them, then suddenly grab their waist, pull them back, put your hand around their mouth and mutter something creepy. ("come with me, little girl." or "want some candy? i gotta somethin' sweet for ya." the possibilities are endless.)

Takes time to master, but it's sure to give them a near death experience and a big slap on the face next time they see you. ;D

Edited by Matmetchi

One april fool's, I put a rubber band around the hose nozzle attached to our kitchen sink so when someone went to turn on the faucet, they'd get sprayed instead. I was hoping to get my brother, but it ended up getting my dad.

Also, a fun little harmless prank is to switch the cereal bags around and mix them up in the different boxes. So the victim thinks they're getting rice crispies, when instead frosted flakes come out.

Both are stuff I learned from other places, so these aren't my gags. :3

I'd really love to do that to my sink but the sink and the nozzle thing are combined... The faucet has a button on it to turn it into a sprayer.

My favourite that I've never done because I'm too wimpy to try it is what my friend did a few years ago at a hotel... he would stand in front of the elevator doors, like RIGHT IN FRONT of them, so that when they opened he would be right in everyone's face. Scared the living daylights out of a lot of the rival teams in the competition we were there for xd.png

I'm not much of a jokester tongue.gif But I do like pulling off this fun one.

There's a small piece of wall by our stairs, so I hide behind it. When my sister starts coming up I shout BOO. Scares the crap out of her. xd.png

And how do you pull off the hand in water trick? (One of those I wanna know for the sake of knowing.)

~Cavey

The hand in water trick I don't think actually works - they tested it on Mythbusters tongue.gif

But if you want to try it it's best to do on a heavy sleeper. Light sleepers wake up before you can dip their hand in the warm water. And thanks to Mythbusters I now know it won't actually make them wet the bed lol.

My friend put Nair in a shampoo bottle once and hair dye at a different time. Turned someone's hair brown then when he came out of the shower, he threw glitter on him and ran away yelling 'Its Edward freakin Cullen!'

LOL. I've always wanted to take my sister's Manic Panic hair dye (it's bright blue and does not come out ever; like even after it fades it turns a disgusting colour that you can only get out by rebleaching/dyeing your hair) and put it into someone's shampoo bottle. Would probably give the victim a heart attack when they stepped out of the shower, defogged the mirror and saw bright blue hair on their head tongue.gif

Kind of a little thing, for April Fool's one year, I was the only student left in the room during study hall, and I had the same teacher next hour, so we decided to play a joke on my class. He told the class that we were in study hall and one of us randomly finished the other's sentence, and that we realized we could read each other's mind. So to "prove" it, he sent me outside the room, and someone in the class would pick a random object. (Say, the clock.) They'd call me back in, and I'd face toward a wall, and the teacher would list random objects: "Is it... the chalkboard?" "Nope." "Is it... the glass cabinet?" "Nope." I'd keep saying "no" until they named a four-legged object. "Is it... Kyle's desk?" "Nope." And then the one after the first four-legged object would be the correct one.

So the class thought it might be a trick, and were coming up with ways that we supposedly were cheating, and we'd prove them wrong. I wasn't seeing a reflection off the cabinet. It wasn't the fourth one he asked every time. Everyone was just stumped, and because I was a model student / am a person that just does not lie, most of them were starting to believe a little that it was true (and at least one or two girls were totally convinced). Finally at the end of the class we told them how it worked.

Edited by Dawnwing

My favourite that I've never done because I'm too wimpy to try it is what my friend did a few years ago at a hotel... he would stand in front of the elevator doors, like RIGHT IN FRONT of them, so that when they opened he would be right in everyone's face. Scared the living daylights out of a lot of the rival teams in the competition we were there for xd.png

I've done that with bathroom doors too~ It works. >8D

Kind of a little thing, for April Fool's one year, I was the only student left in the room during study hall, and I had the same teacher next hour, so we decided to play a joke on my class. He told the class that we were in study hall and one of us randomly finished the other's sentence, and that we realized we could read each other's mind. So to "prove" it, he sent me outside the room, and someone in the class would pick a random object. (Say, the clock.) They'd call me back in, and I'd face toward a wall, and the teacher would list random objects: "Is it... the chalkboard?" "Nope." "Is it... the glass cabinet?" "Nope." I'd keep saying "no" until they named a four-legged object. "Is it... Kyle's desk?" "Nope." And then the one after the first four-legged object would be the correct one.

So the class thought it might be a trick, and were coming up with ways that we supposedly were cheating, and we'd prove them wrong. I wasn't seeing a reflection off the cabinet. It wasn't the fourth one he asked every time. Everyone was just stumped, and because I was a model student / am a person that just does not lie, most of them were starting to believe a little that it was true (and at least one or two girls were totally convinced). Finally at the end of the class we told them how it worked.

I've seen a similar version. P1 would name objects, and when (s)he got to a black one (eg. "Is it the whiteboard marker?"), then P2 would know the next one would be it.

Speaking of desktops...

I've never tried it, but sounds like so much fun: make a screenshot of someone's dekstop (erm, Windows user here, btw), then set the screenshot image as a wallpaper and hide the real icons (right click/arrange icons by/show desktop icons) and watch and chuckle while the victim is wondering why their shortcuts or whatever icons don't work. xd.png

This one is a classic win for people not good with computers...=D

^That also works with iPods. Take a screenshot of their home screen and open up the picture and watch them try to open their apps xd.png

There are key shorts on Windows computers (at least the ones in my old high school) that flip the screen upside down and/or backwards. My friends and I used to run through the computer labs flipping screens while our class was leaving so that the next class to come in would be extremely confused.

^^; The keyboard shortcuts to turn most Windows computers upside down is Ctrl+Alt+down arrow key. Or, if you want to flip it left or right, hit the corresponding arrow. I have so much fun with that xd.png

Thanks for the tip. I always did it the right-clicking way, didn't know there was a keyboard command for it.

Clingfilm stretched tight over the toilet bowl. Can be very hillarious if you've got a house full of mates drinking for the evening. Better off in someone *elses* house, though, if you're not wanting to clean up the inevitable mess.

The less messy Saran-wrap-over-a-doorway is also a classic. Think it's been talked about before in this thread though.

Not really a prank, but it has happened: once I was at a family friend's house and noticed their sliding glass door was dirty so i cleaned it with Windex. I guess they weren't used to it being clean or something because I kid you not my friend's mom smacked right into it a few minutes later thinking it wasn't there. xd.png

This not might have been a prank done by accident, but it might have been close enough carrying out one. Few years back had made some coffee for my dad. In my haste grab the container holding not sugar...but 'salt'. Heh heh...I had to laugh when he spat it out. laugh.gif

I found a great one on YouTube... so this guy goes into his brother's room, and... you know what it's hard to explain so I'll just give you the link.

Gawd. There needs to be some Youtube Police on here to stop you from doing that to newbs from now on, Eng... That's just mean.

= u =

On a side note, if anyone does that to you, send them here. If you're mean enough, that is. laugh.gif

Edited by Matmetchi

Sign in to follow this