LoveLost

Trials and Travels OOC

alright thanks smile.gif Also, does the academy have a green house?

Wait, are you talking to me? xd.png If so your the second person to day to get my username absolutely wrong, by switching it with someone else a few posts away from mine xd.png

Kay then.

Username: Nonamethegreat

Name: Vulcan Volundr

Looks: Vulcan has light grey eyes, but wears a white mask to make them look darker and less conspicuous. Under the mask he has some burn scars, which is how he justifies it. It's not the best excuse though, since he has burn scars almost everywhere else on his body. He usually wears thick gloves, a long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a thick apron, and thick pants. He has very rusty red hair. His symbol is on his stomach, so he never undresses in front of anybody. He has some peach fuzz growing on his chin and under his nose.

Personality: Vulcan is a very blunt person in most regards, never one to hold back. This has been very useful to him in hiding his metal abilities since very few people would suspect him of lying when he's so frank otherwise. He's rather loud and at times decidedly obnoxious, but does mean well. However, he will put his own safety first when backed against a wall.

History: Born in Metallum, his parents had the rather thankless task of making instruments that would probably never be used. These parents were caring folk and convinced Vulcan to hide his mark and his powers so that he wouldn't be put into the harsh training regiment of an elemental. Vulcan complied, not wanting to be taken away either, but he couldn't hide the natural aptitude for smithing that came to him because of his powers. when he was twelve, the trainers at Whisper became aware of this and ordered him to come there to be checked. Terrified of being hunted down, he desperately poured hot metal onto his stomach. It didn't get rid of the mark entirely, but the injuries were enough to conceal it until he healed, which was long enough for him to pass the inspection. Queen Zillah, not willing to be embarrassed by having gone out of her way to inspect a commoner, changed plans and told him that he would now be the weapon-maker for the people of Whisper and relieved the old one of his duties. Safe for the time being, Vulcan took to weapon making like a fish to water, making routine deliveries to the training depot in Whisper to deliver his wares. So far, his secret is still safe.

Element: Metal

1. He had no formal training, which is a double edged sword. On the one hand, it makes him an unpredictable opponent who knows many effective, self-taught methods. On the other, most of these methods were never intended for use in combat.

Malleable: When he takes metal in his bare hands, he's able to bend it to better suit his needs. He mainly uses this for his blacksmith work, but it has some practical applications in battle too, such as dulling an approaching spear. However, he needs to be in contact for it to work.

Quiver: By focusing fully on a piece of metal in his line of sight, he can cause it to start shaking. If it's close enough and if he's focused enough he can cause it to bend or break.

Other (optional): He always caries two things: a set of smithing tools in a pouch on his apron and a metal bar. The bar he generally keeps shaped as a cane and pretends that it used to belong to a friend when he really made it himself. alot.png

Edited by Nonamethegreat

Are you serious? Dangit! Sorry, I will edit that right away!

hey no name, your profile is great and I feel sad for Vulcan, poor fella sad.gif

hahaha no, tbh means to be honest aakira wink.gif

Hey there guys smile.gif

First off, I went over the history of the roleplay setting, and I have a question. Does a neutral character have to go to the academy?

hiya happy.gif

hm i don't think so user posted image; I'm not sure but that's a very good question smile.gif.

Hi. laugh.gif Uhmm, if you're still accepting, do I need to include original artwork of my character? This is impossible for me, so will a written description suffice?

Thanks!

Hey Emo, I replied to your message and I hope you recieved it smile.gif

Lore, no they don't have to. I was trying to get people together that way we weren't really strewn all around the map wink.gif

Whether or not you "take" someone else's doesn't really matter. I mean, of course some deliberation is involved so you don't end up with twelve fires, but it's alright to have dupes. And on a more practical note, I think we have at least one of each.

Wow, No name you really took everything to heart! That is really helpful dear!

Emo, there aren't any other elements I think that aren't already being put into use. However, as no name said, there is no problem with you having the same element smile.gif There are already two fire users which is perfectly fine. One of them is mine (Marcus) and the other is Chuzuka's (Elizabeth).

Note to everyone, what do ya'll think of closing this off to anyone else after Emo joins? I think we have plenty of people and there isn't a limit to how complex we can make this or how many characters we can have. I know that there are two of us that are going to college for sure and others are in school as well, so keeping this with a limited amount of people, will also cut down on confusion between characters and allow all of us to participate instead of being left behind.

Any comments? Differing ideas?

Also, ya'll can call me whatever you want so that you know. I have been referred to as L2, LL, Love, Lost, and Cat or Citty (Pronounced like Kitty). My RL name is Caitlyn so yeah, whatever ya'll want smile.gif

Edited by LoveLost

hm well if lore wants to join, maybe we can close it off after lore joins and then yeah.

We need more "bad" elementists! xd.png

I'm so sorry for the lack of posting. I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze Elizabeth in without making it all BLARGH!!

My Profile

Username: gistofeverything

Name: Tractus Textor-Textrix

Looks (can be a picture or a description):Thar. Except maybe without the cell-phone in his breast pocket. And these eyes, and this hair.

Personality: A one-worded boy who never says more than he has to. He never portrays any emotion at all in his face, in his actions, or in his words. Many have dubbed him the "Ice Figure" because he has refused many romantic advances so many times.

As he has warmed up to the other Elementians, he begins to open up to them, but much of him is still not known; not even by his most trusted friends. As a result, no one ever volunteers to work with him on assignments, so he usually handles them by himself.

In battle, he always has an air of refinement and elegance about him, even when he is in trouble. Lots of people assume that this is just an act of arrogance, but that's not the case. He just doesn't know how to strain himself, and will faint from exhaustion and not even know it.

History: Tractus born on the outskirts of the town of Univerium, but was always alone growing up. His parents disappeared when he was at a young age. He has no memories of his parents, and the only memento he has of his parents is his father’s pocketwatch. When he was about 5 years old, he had went into town, and had a power explosion in the shop, moving objects in all directions. The townspeople looked at him in amazement and wonder; how could such a small child produce so much power? It wasn’t possible, they said. No one has ever shown so much latent talent at such a young age, so they dismissed it from their minds. Tractus himself was a bit frightened and intrigued – “What happened? Did I really do that?” So he practiced at home, and tried to trust no one with his secret, which is why he’s so socially undeveloped. He noticed that his powers were more controllable at around 7 years of age. He kept this to himself so that no on knew that he was still gifted. He trained himself by using his powers to manipulate his father’s watch. He can control time to an extremely limited extent; only enough to modify reaction time. He has also never enrolled in the Academy.

Element: Space:

1: Magnetic Distortion – Tractus has much control over this ability – he twists magnetic fields so that he can manipulate earth and metal-based objects; e.g. sand, silt, runoff water, etc.

2: Teleportation – He controls this one a little less, as he’s had accidents involving physical marks. He bends space into tunnels, which he and other Space elementians can travel through to save time, though its distance is only about 50 yards, making it almost useless

3: Blood Boil - A division of his Magnetic Distortion ability, he attracts the iron in a person's blood towards the surface of the skin (not out of the veins...), giving them a sensation of having their blood being boiled, causing disorientation.

4: Time – This is his newest ability, he’s had it for about 9 years; He can bend space into a sphere around himself, so that he can modify his reaction time against attacks, but it almost completely drains him when he does this.

Other (optional): Tractus will stop at absolutely nothing to gain power. Absolutely nothing.

Edited by emoguy42

Well, a very interesting way to place a Space Elementian to be honest. His abilities are very nicely thought out smile.gif Uhm, I have one question though, is he going to be with the Shadow Alliance or the Light Alliance? OR is he going to be with the Light Alliance to try and gain power or what?

As to Lore, I'l go ahead and close it, but tell Lore that there is an open spot just for him?

Natasha - *glances nervously* Uh oh wink.gif

Username: Lore_Master

Name: Loren Tyrst

Looks: Loren's grey eyes show his gentle nature, and his short white hair tends to shine in the sunlight. On his arm is a aqua-gem bracelet, covering his birthmark. He tends to wear a long sleeve shirt, made of cotton and long pants, to keep himself warm. On top of everything, he wears a cloak to hide himself with.

Personality: Loren is a gentle and kind soul, soft-spoken and easily embarrassed, especially within close contact of a woman. He is very pacifistic, only fighting in self-defense or survival. He tends to record details of his wandering lifestyle, and is incredible artistic and creative. He is scared easily, and will either try to avoid conflict or run.

History: Loren was born on the floating city of Aero, one day when he was seven, he and some of his friends were playing too close to the edge and she fell off. Reacting to the panic, he caused a huge torrent of wind to lift her back to the city. News of his feat spread fast, and soon his life as a normal child was over. It got to the point where even his first friends treated him different, envy and jealously clear in their eyes. He jumped off the city at the age of fourteen, wanting to fake his own death, to live a life without people knowing who he was. After landing safely on the ground below, he sent several weeks hiding, resting and building a wind raft, like the ones his city uses. Ever since then, he has wandered the world, never stopping for too long.

Element: Wind

Basic Control: Loren can shift the wind in any direction he chooses with some effort, he can also increase the wind speed to about 30 MPH

Advanced Control: He can create violet windstorms, upwards to 120 MPH, or use it to send a wide "Beam" of wind to repel objects away.

Wind's Love: Loren can create a barrier of wind, pushing away anything near him or a projectile. This however requires a lot of concentration, and it also requires him to be pure of thought, any naughty image will weaken the shield.

Wind of Icarus: Loren's pacifistic nature has affected his powers. Within moments of concentration, wind can began to build up around his arms, taking the shape of translucent wings, allowing him greater mobility and the power to glide far.

Razor Wind: If things are dire, he can made the wind so sharp it takes the shape of thin, translucent blades. He can use this to cut and slash at his attackers. He has never killed with this ability, although its easy for him to do so. Its mostly used as a deterrent and a distraction.

Other (optional): Has a wind raft, which hovers about two to three feet off the ground.

Edited by Lore_Master

sure happy.gif; I'll pm him to let him know smile.gif.

ah sorry LL not used to text speak xd.png I think there should be, then Akira can stop there and get the plant. Also, I have High school, planning on taking a club or two (or three), auditioning for a play, when I get home gotta do chores and Homework before freetime, so I might be busy sometimes, so don't leave me behind wink.gif

No worries dear, I don't use it very often smile.gif

And we will do our best to bring Akira on as well as Kilana smile.gif If you want, you can give someone the authority to RP them momentarily like a few sentences to bring them along if you wish. I usually do that during finals and mid-terms wink.gif

Also as a general thing to everyone, Please watch for the battle reply's. These are posts that are super short because you don't know how far you can take things with the other person. At the moment, I know it is hard, but please still try and keep your posts at a Semi-lit rate (5 sentences).

And aakira, I LOVE LAVENDER!!! We keep the oil around the house because of burns and scratches as well as sunburn...i mean it's Texas wink.gif Lavender healed a deep burn that I received from a devious iron and the scar is almost invisible! I have also had several scratches that have been healed through using lavender. Aloe Vera is also a dream!

Edited by LoveLost

xd.png I just noticed how many people have white hair... it's kinda funny, and kind of awesome.

Now Yuaki is torn. Half of her is like "Thanks a lot Princess! You forced me to make the first legitimate decision in my life!" Half of her is like "Dawww yay!!! I get to go somewhere and do something significant!" xd.png

And I'm working on a baddie, though I may wait a while to add him/her.

Edit: May want to edit this list on the main page to add the twins, LL:

People (Element wise)

Good: Isa, Akira, Luna, Aketsu, Nerio, Leith

Neutral: Kaimaru, Noe

Bad: Skylar, Marcus, Yuaki, Kilana, Elizabeth

...and when the new charries get accepted, them as well. ^^

Edited by LadyNatasha

@ LL - he's going to be on the Light side, but will go to the Dark side if it gives him more incentive

Edited by gistofeverything