LoveLost

Trials and Travels (Semi-lit)

Tuhana remained silent after getting information about what happened between Lady Noe and Lady Isa. After he finished setting up everything, he took a puff of his pipe and exhaled the smoke.

"The king can never be disappointed in you, I used to joke with him that you were the second daughter he never had" Said the old man, with a smile on his face as he looked at Loren.

"Everything is ready for you Loren, just relax, maybe get a drink from the servants, and wait for everyone to arrive for dinner." He added as the both of them swapped seats, Loren looked at Noe one last time before sitting down at his new station. With Tuhana nearby, Loren didn't want to talk about the academy, or the alliance. Tuhana seemed like a smart enough man to get piece together everything.

Luna

Luna gave a nervous gasp. This wasn't right. Her cane was pulling away from her and she could feel something wrong with her body, like she was slowly losing control of it. Her eyes flashed back to Tractus as she suddenly figured it out. He was doing something to her, something that no other Space Elementian had tried on her before. It felt so strange, so unnatural, that she had no idea what to do. She tapped the button on the side of the cane, allowing the blade to slip out of the bottom mainly for her own safety. Considering what this guy was up to, there was no way that she could be too prepared, and two could play at this game. She began to focus, allowing her thoughts to conform into one solid message: I am not the person you are looking for. She opened her eyes again and allowed the message to seep into Tractus's mind. Hopefully it wouldn't get jumbled along the way.

"You can't blame me for all of this," Luna said in an attempt to keep the boy's attention as her telepathy went to work. "I didn't make you do anything. You had the choice to ignore it, whatever it was, but you didn't. S-so please, don't make this my fault."

King Aslano

((OOOPS!!! Uhm, Gist, you need to change Tractus' appearance. I didn't notice it until now, but he doesn't look like a Space Elementian at all. So for the moment I am going to say that he looks like one until you can find a picture for him))

King Aslano in the golden wear of the nobles, walked down the hall way and looked between two people that were fighting. As he walked closer, he noticed that it was Luna and some other young man that looked like a Space Elementian. "What is going on here?" he asked in an authoritative tone as he looked between the two of them. He looked distinctly between the two and noticed that Luna's cane was starting to pull away from her and his gaze went to the young man. "ENOUGH!" he shouted and a beam of light shot from his hand between the two of them. "I will NOT have a battle happen in these halls. Whatever is wrong between you two, it will be dealt with AFTER dinner. You will both sit down like human beings and talk this out." he said and then looked at the two guards that were with him and they gently grabbed both of the younger people and walked them to the dining hall but did not let them enter.

Tractus

As some man in imperial robes ordered his guards to take himself and the girl to a dining room, he thought. She was saying something during his outrage, but he could only focus on what she had said. I am not the person you are looking for. How in the world could she NOT be? Couldn't she see the aura as well? That was REALLY odd... But he didn't even know her name. Well, he needed to start somewhere...

"Look, before we have another fight, why don't we calm down, and get to know each other a bit, and settle this like real people. I'm Tractus, what's your name?"

((I just realized that I used the Water picture for Yuaki. X3 So sorry it took me so long to post! Here we go...))

~Yuaki~

"Yeah you can, but as long as I can do yours."

Yuaki giggled and nodded. "Of course!" She immediately got to brushing the princess' hair, knowing they rather had to hurry. "Yuaki, this is going to be fun!" Yuaki grinned. "You bet it is!" However, right after saying the words, Yuaki felt sick to the stomach. Knowing what she was and why she had come to the Academy made her remember that her and Isa probably couldn't be close friends. Why did I choose to go with her?! I should have stayed in the palace, where no one could discover what I am and kill me!

Yuaki was glad Isa couldn't see her face as she thought about what she was. I'm a Shadow Elementian, and I was never meant to be friends with a princess of light! Why does Isa have to be so... so awesome? Yuaki did Isa's rainbow up in a neat bun and let the gold hang down, then smiled as she finished. "There, done!" Her cheerful voice was back, but she didn't feel all that great. "Do you like it? Your turn," she said with a grin. She turned around quickly so Isa could see her hair... not her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Jahanshah}

Jahan watched blankly as Marcus politely saluted and then knelt. He noticed that the two girls who had been sparring didn't formally acknowledge him, but he could see that they were tired and decided to ignore it. It wasn't like they were attempting to defy him or anything. "My Lord Jahan, Arm of the Shadow Queen, Queen Zillah." Jahan acknowledged the greeting by looking back at Marcus, who was standing now. "May I ask why you come here my Lord?"

Jahanshah paused a moment, noting that Marcus had used his short name. He was actually pleased, for he liked the sound of Jahan better than Jahanshah; it sounded less... feminine, though Jahan would never tell his mother this. He inclined his head at Marcus slightly. Why did I come? Good question. "I come to check on the progress of the Academy. I am aware that it is not my designated check-up time, but it seems we may soon be active in the real world." Jahan did not have a deep voice yet and had to speak louder than he was comfortable with to be heard, but he was used to this and spoke plenty loud. He then turned to look at the two females who had been sparring. He was about to compliment them when suddenly a large amount of murmuring started and everyone began bowing. Jahan looked towards the balcony and realized why; the Queen was making an appearance, which she rarely did unless something big was going on.

Jahan's heart sped up, but his face remained as solid as the metal that surrounded it. He immediately sucked the metal out from under his feet and back onto his back, reforming his coffin. At equal level with others, he immediately bowed until the queen spoke. "My people!"

Jahan straightened, wondering what this was about. He soon learned. The Elementians who had been training at the Whisper Academy were to go into the land and find out what plots and schemes the Light Alliance were planning. Since the queen was born, her people had been slaughtered mercilessly if they even attempted to near any city of the Light Alliance. Even children had been killed, though Sola claimed they did not agree with the killing of children. The queen continued by speaking of her spies. Jahan had met one of those spies, but hadn't seen the spy for over a year and wondered if that particular spy was still alive. Then the crowds roared in praise of her wisdom and actions. Jahan, however, did not join them. He clapped politely, but his face didn't change.

Jahanshah couldn't say he was upset with the Queen; she was THE Queen, after all, and had ruled well for the last thirty years. She was merciless to foes and good to her people, and she held honor in battle and (as far as Jahan knew) would not kill young children Elementians of the Light Alliance. No, Jahan couldn't be upset with such a wonderful leader, but he wasn't too thrilled either. He had just been planning to ask her permission to take the more advanced Elementians of the Whisper Academy on a mission to explore the lands of the Light Alliance. Sure, that was what she was having them do now, but now it wasn't up to Jahan where they went and what they did; the Queen dictated it all. Plus, Jahan wasn't sure if he would lead now or even be able to go and not just stuck at home as a figure-head. Jahan's disappointment faded quickly, however, for he had been taught she was a good queen and he believed it. Still, he needed to speak with her.

Approaching the Queen was no easy task, but it was certainly easier for a lord than it was for a commoner. Jahan had nodded a goodbye to Marcus and swiftly walked towards the balcony where the Queen had disappeared. He stated his business to the guards who let him pass, but murmured a warning to be on his best behavior with the Queen. Jahan hadn't spoken to her since he was twelve, and that had only been a meeting to check on his skills. She had seemed pleased then, and Jahan hoped she would be pleased now. One guard followed behind him due to protocal, and Jahan quickly caught sight of the Queen and her advisors.

"Great Queen Zillah," he greeted, still behind her a ways but hoping she would turn and notice him. He bowed low to the ground, kneeling and dipping his head. "I have a request." I would like to lead the people, the Elementians. If you don't let me, then what will I do? Jahan tried to keep calm. His mother had always made it seem like no matter what he would lead them, but he knew that Queen Zillah was far above his mother. Being assured from his mother and asking the Queen were two very, very different things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

*Aketsu*

Aketsu glanced at Kai as he put on the noble outfit Aketsu had given him. It seemed to be the right fit, though Kai didn't seem completely comfortable in them. Aketsu listened quietly as Kai told his story. "...and the king rewarded him for his wisdom." Aketsu nodded; that was a wise thing to do, he supposed, and he could picture King Aslano rewarding someone for such wisdom.

"I am the well digger, the head monk of the order is the king, the two alliances are the king's friends. the people at this academy are the hired men, the bought materials are the skills and knowledge we learn from one another on our journey, the other well digger is the one who completes my task before I reach it, the place we return to is this academy, the well we dig here represents balance and wisdom. Those with balance and wisdom are friends of the king."

"I see," Aketsu said quietly. He wasn't all that interested, he had just wanted to know what Kai would have done. "Very interesting. Well, I'm ready when you are. Remember, it is a great honor to be seated at the King's table. People of great importance will be sitting there, including Princess Isa. No matter how you feel, try to always display at least a tad humility." Aketsu smiled good-naturedly at Kai and turned for the door. "I'll lead you there. I've only ever been there once before." And what an honor it was. Aketsu could hardly believe he had been invited to the king's table and was truly excited. Surely the king had something important to say on such a night!

((just assume that Kai follows after Aketsu and they go to the banquet hall... otherwise I'll have to come up with a post that says that simple detail and make it several sentences to fit the quota, is this alright instead?)

Luna

Luna wanted to stop immediately the moment she saw the king walking towards them, but by now she was already far too deep to put an end to it easily. Her grip never lessened on her cane, but her impulse to bow before her foster king (for even she could never say he was entirely her sovereign) was made nearly impossible by her opponent's grasp on her blood. It felt strange to her, like she had suddenly become a doll; her movements felt slow and awkward and wore her out more easily than they should have. Finally the king intercepted, much to Luna's own chagrin and disgrace, and she felt her body relax. Instantly she bowed before the king, forcing her blade back into her cane before he could think that she had really meant any harm.

"Forgive m-me, your highness," Luna said quickly. "I-I have wronged you twice in the same day, and I am sincerely sorry." Her eyes couldn't help but wander to Tractus as he began to splutter his own words about calm and peace and civil conversation. He sounded like a hypocrite after he had just been so willing to fight her, and she was not going to be quick to forgive him for his dirty trick. A power like that should have been illegal, but for the sake of the king she would not disobey him. She would have to actually talk things out. Well, her telepathy must not have worked after all. Maybe it had dropped the word "not" somewhere in there. That was going to cause a lot of trouble for her if she had only reinforced his position.

Luna stood up from her bow and faced Tractus. "I am Luna," was all she said before she turned around and patiently waited for the king to take the lead to the dining hall.

Tractus

Luna, hmmm? I need to ask if she can see the aura as well... "And I'm from the town of Univerium. The reason that I came to Sola was because you called me here. You have this aura about you, like a dark purple light. And that's why I'm here. Why don't you introduce yourself to me?"

Edited by gistofeverything

((You're fine Rak. Now comes the god-modding part. *winces*))

Everybody!

Isa looked at her hair and was shocked at how different it looked. "I love this!" she said with a smile as she spun around in her dress watching her blond hair swirl around and then looking at the dress and all of well everything. She turned to Yuaki and thanked her profusely then brushed through her hair quickly and firmly. After checking for all of the knots in her hair she thought for a moment and decided that Yuaki needed a different style. Her blue hair was gorgeous, and she had to find a way to accent that with a style. She gently teased her hair up on the crown of her head and used the volume to have the rest of her hair flow around her face. She pulled the rest of her hair into a middle-high pony tail. When someone would look at it, it would look like this. Isa was thrilled with the look and quickly let Yuaki see it before having them run down the halls and past her father who sighed unhappily as she went by but smiled at the youth that she showed.

The King looked at Luna as she apologized and wondered why she would do such a thing. "Luna there is nothing for you to be sorry about." He said to her as he allowed others to continue on.

Noe watched as one of the servants quickly set out everything they needed for dinner which was her cue to bow to both Tuhana and Loren as she walked out of the room as fast as she could. When she was out there, she was met by everyone and looked rather surprised to see them. In the dining room, various other nobles were gathered and seated and were already discussing the students but they weren't at the main table. They were at the other tables that surrounded the main table looking towards the table where the king and Elementians would sit.

Ayame walked into the room, dressed in his best suit that embodied who he was, buoyant and happy all the time. "Nobles of the city of Sola, as well as selected guests from the Light Alliance, it is now my joy and priveledge to introduce you to our graduating Elementians as well as one returning student! Please turn your attention to the main doors as we welcome our first Elementian!" He said and watched as Nerio and Leith took their place at the front of the line. "Announcing, Masters Leith and Nerio Oran. Twin Water Elementians that have offensive and defensive techniques that they use in tandem with each other." He said as they walked out of the hallway and into the main room where there were stairs that led to the main floor. People clapped for them especially those from Triton as they walked to their seats and sat down.

"Annoucning, Miss Akira. Plant Elementian with both offensive and defensive abilities as well as a wondrous healer." He said and watched as Akira walked in and sat where she was supposed to, her green dress being oo'd and ah'd at because of the detail.

"Announcing, Master Aketsu. Master Aketsu as most of you know, is from the noble line of Aero. Wind Elementian with environmental control which he is quite good at I might add." Aketsu walked in and sat where his name was written, on he left hand side of where Isa was to sit.

"Announcing, Master Kaimaru from Vel Ordo Del Vox Pondera. Earth Elementian that specializes in sand control. A special guest of the king." He said and watched as people whispered while Kaimaru walked in and sat where his name was written, near the king.

"Announcing, Miss Noe. Weather Elementian and the kings adopted. You have witnessed her powers already." he said and watched as she took a deep breath before walking in to the applause that had been there for every person, although many had whispers going between them about her lack of control. Despite this, she found herself smiling as she walked down the steps to her seat near Loren who was to be painting the entire scene.

"Announcing, Miss Yuaki, special guest of Princess Isa." The same courteises were given to her as they were to the others and her name was written at Isa's right hand. Of course many were surprised that a servant was given such an honored spot beside the princess.

"Announcing, Miss Luna. Previous graduate and honored guest of the king." he said and smiled at Luna as she walked by still seeming nervous. Her spot was on the left hand of the king with Kaimaru being on the left.

"Announcing, Master...." he looked at one of the guards who mouthed the word Tractus. "Master Tractus, guest of Miss Luna." he said and watched as Tractus walked by seemingly awed that he was being allowed into the kings presence like this.

"Announcing, Princess Isa, the Rainbow Child. As all of you should know, she is the strongest Light Elementian that we have yet she hasn't tapped into all of her abilities." he said as Isa walked down in her golden dress and sat at the end of the table oposite of where her father would sit. She smiled at Yuaki and slightly blushed as she smiled at Aketsu.

"And last honored guests, announcing the good king of the city of Sola and head of the Light Alliance! Our king of the past 30 years, King Aslano!" he said and the whole room stood up for there king as he walked to the head of the stairs and then down them slowly, smiling and shaking hands of the other people before he made his way to the head of the table. As he sat down, so did everyone else. "Let us all eat!" King Aslano stated as he smiled at everyone a the table, a haggard look there, but a youthful grin on his face.

The meal was served to everyone there and the king looked at everyone at the rather short table. It was nice to have a meal like this where others could feel as if they were a part of it, but were set far enough away so that the king could raise his voice to reach everyone at his table without having to worry about prying ears.

Queen Zillah

The Queen was rather surprised to see the Metal Child out and about but was glad to see that he addressed her with such respect. "Lord Jahanshah, you have grown since I have last seen you." She had a smile on her face that many would mistake as fake, but for her it was rather genuine. His mother had been one of her advisors at one time in a council that she had had with the cities as well as his father. She had seen a lot of potential in Jahanshah to be the leader that she needed at this point and time but a leader that could be what she was. That was the reason that Jahanshah was in her presence without having to schedule a time to meet her. Not only that, but the young boy was rather impressive in all of his actions and seemed to hold the wisdom that her two greatest assets, Elizabeth and Marcus, had.

"A request you say? Well, then pick yourself up off of the floor Metal Child and walk with me." she said as she dismissed the guard who was ready to intervene with such a request since she also dismissed her advisors. The advisors, twisted human beings with characteristics of animals due to a dark history, walked by Jahanshah and bowed to him as they walked by. When Jahansha did stand up, Queen Zillah continued to walk along the halls that held pictures of each of the kings and queens and their children. "What is it that you request my friend?" she said as she looked at him. Hardly any noble was allowed in her presence because she usually viewed them as a pack of hens all trying to be at the top with the rooster.

Edited by LoveLost

Skylar

Sky had been standing when the Queen came in and gave her announcement. She had also bowed while she had come in before straightening up again. Now she was standing next to Marcus and leaning against the wall behind them. She wondered if she and Marc would have to go as well or if it was just for the soon to be graduates. She didn't mind having to go, only if Marc was going with her.

Edited by Dragonpelt

"Wow, the dinning hall seems larger when more people are in it." Whispered Loren as he watched the various elementians coming into the room, being introduced by a very fancy man. The second person to enter the room was one Master Aketshu, who was a wind elementian. But the vast difference between them was Aketshu's noble birth. Loren's family were laborers, nothing about them was special. He smiled softly when Noe was introduced, but was also surprised when she sat close to him. Once the king showed up, both he and Tuhana bowed and shook hands with him. Once the dinner was served, that was their cue to start painting. But before they could get focused, a plate of food and a gauntlet of wine were set on the side table for both of them.

"The night is young Loren, lets eat before it gets cold, they aren't leaving anytime soon" Said Tuhana. Loren didn't agrue with him as the both of them began to eat, talking about various things, painting from other artists, rumors, stories, the such.

~Jahanshah~

"A request you say? Well, then pick yourself up off of the floor Metal Child and walk with me."

Jahanshah breathed a silent sigh of relief and stood to follow the Queen; she had accepted his uninvited presence. He did not, however, move until all of the Queen's advisors had left. He then proceeded to walk to the left of (and slightly behind) Queen Zillah. His steps were soft on the carpeted rug, but they certainly weren't silent; wearing metal as he was, Jahanshah weighed over 200 pounds and counting although he was only fourteen and looked younger. The dim light of the halls reflected off his face, leaving all but his eyes shining when in contact with it. Jahan did not bother looking up at the pictures on the walls; he was not there for art, but to make a formal request. Though he had never been in the hall he was walking in now, he acted as though he had been there many times before. "What is it that you request my friend?" The Queen met Jahanshah's eyes, the only part of his body not covered in metal, and his look remained serious.

"If it pleases her Royal Highness, I would like to be put in charge of a highly talented group of Elementians that the Queen may select to carry out her wishes on the turf of the Light Alliance." He spoke quite formally even though the Queen had spoken more informally, mostly because he wasn't there to test her or to try to 'push her buttons'; he was there to make a simple request, and even if she denied it to him he figured he'd at least be put on a team of Elementians... hopefully the best the Queen had, not the 'leftovers' such as those who could only make a small flame on their hand or those who could only barely sharpen metal with concentration. Would the Queen make him stay at home? Jahan hoped not, but whatever she said, he had sworn loyalty to her every year of his life since he knew what loyalty was, and he was true to his oaths; he would not disobey her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Yuaki~

Yuaki went giggling and running down the halls with Isa, barely noticing the king in time to acknowledge him as they raced down the halls, barely slow enough to not hit anyone who would happen to be coming around corners. Yuaki loved her hair and truly felt like royalty with it done how it was. She honestly had no idea where Isa had learned such a style. Her heart raced as she and Isa waited outside the dining hall. She wondered where she would be seated, as no doubt Isa hadn't told Ayame that Yuaki was coming until the last minute.

Yuaki didn't know why she felt so nervous... and almost a bit haughty. Not towards Isa, of course; more towards the nobles in the room. They were going to view her as a servant, and though Yuaki knew that that was what she technically was, she had never really felt like one. Yuaki tried to shake off her feelings of nervousness by grinning and clapping with the crowds as Leith and Nerio entered the dining hall. Names came and went, and the crowds politely clapped for everyone. Then came Yuaki's name, and she strode forwards like she was born royalty.

"Announcing, Miss Yuaki, special guest of Princess Isa."

Yuaki did not acknowledge the crowds as she went to sit at her place, but was almost surprised to see that she was sitting at Isa's right. She had to smile as she noticed that Aketsu was still getting over the fact that he was sitting at Isa's left.

"Announcing, Princess Isa, the Rainbow Child. As all of you should know, she is the strongest Light Elementian that we have yet she hasn't tapped into all of her abilities."

Yuaki smiled at Isa as she came and sat down, and Yuaki grinned when Isa smiled to Aketsu who actually carefully smiled back before dipping his head in respect, instead of his usual bow-my-head-so-I-can't-smile-at-royalty-which-isn't-respectful routine. Then King Aslano came to the table and sat, and Yuaki also sat. She felt her stomach rumble and decided that, just for that night, she was going to stuff herself. It wouldn't look royal, but Yuaki hadn't eaten a royal meal since... well, near forever. "Let us all eat!"

At the words of the king, Yuaki straightened and smiled at the people at her table, carefully noting where everyone was sitting. She took a deep breath as the meal was served. Oh, did it ever look delicious. Yuaki decided to get the name of the cook and thank them later, but for now it was time to eat. Yuaki looked up and noticed the artists getting fed. She smiled slightly, amused. I better not stuff myself while they're painting, she thought playfully. Or, or! Or maybe, maybe I'll eat like a pig! Yeah, then we'll see what they paint to cover for my actions! Yuaki snickered quietly before picking up her silverware carefully and glancing to see how Isa ate. Yuaki was having fun, and the last thing she wanted to do was start acting like the person she really was--using the customs of her actual place of birth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Aketsu~

Aketsu really didn't appreciate his nobility enough. He never acted especially noble except in cases where he was highly annoyed at someone, and then his most 'noble' behavior was using 'big words' to out-talk those who annoyed him... well, sometimes. Other times he simply let them make themselves look unintelligent. Anyway, back to nobility; Aketsu really didn't appreciate his nobility at all. Usually he said nothing about this and was his smug and laid-back self, but that night he was especially antsy. He had been hoping he would have time to drill Kai on proper eating behaviors and he feared the monk might be vegetarian, but it had taken them long enough to get prepared that Aketsu found he had no time.

"Remember," he whispered to Kai as Ayame started introducing people, "you can always tell the servants you don't want a certain food item, but do so quietly. Do NOT make loud conversation at the table or do anything hideously attention-grabbing. Your chair will have your name on it, and when you get there you should--"

"Announcing, Master Aketsu." Aketsu immediately stopped whispering to Kai and entered, nodding an acknowledgment to the nobles he recognized. The clapping for him was polite, as many knew of his very messed up history and the rumors that surrounded his sudden turn-around in personality. If Aketsu had still had the temper he had displayed before his change, he would have killed Isa sooner than paying her respect. "Master Aketsu as most of you know, is from the noble line of Aero. Wind Elementian with environmental control which he is quite good at I might add."

Environmental control. That's an interesting way to pu--wh-what's this?! I'm sitting next to Princess Isa? Aketsu swallowed his surprise quickly when he saw where his chair was placed, and he couldn't help but wonder if it was Aslano or Isa who had put it there. Probably the king... as a sign of gratitude? I am certainly unworthy of this, but if this is what he wishes I will accept it. Aketsu stood politely as Ayame continued to call names to the table. He felt a bit sick as he noticed that Kai was to sit close to the king. Please, please, please let monks know manners, he prayed.

Noe, Yuaki, Luna... and then a stranger named Tractus, who Aketsu had never seen. A guest of Luna apparently, and by the looks of him he was also a Space Elementian. Aketsu's attention was lifted from him, however, as Ayame announced Isa's arrival. Aketsu swallowed, trying to calm himself. Certainly he couldn't allow himself to look like a fool in front of the king. None of the nobles or other Elementians mattered to Aketsu; had the king told him to eat like a pig and talk like a maniac the whole night, wiping his mouth on the sleeves of random nobles, Aketsu would have done it. Isa arrived at her place, smiling first at Yuaki and then to Aketsu. He blushed slightly at the same time as she did, but found himself smiling at her as well and dipping his head in respect. He did not fully bow, for he didn't want to lose sight of her smile. It was approval, and approval was what Aketsu sought. He realized then, though, that perhaps he was seeking more by watching her smile...

...the thought drove Aketsu to look away from her and instead focus on King Aslano, who was taking his seat. Aketsu did bow in respect for the king before quickly taking his seat. The food was served at the king's word, and Aketsu was careful to use all the noble manners he could remember. The prospect of an adventure just looming around the corner lifted Aketsu's mood, and he managed to relax a bit. Looking around the room, Aketsu was glad to note that his parents weren't there. Of course, he hadn't expected them to be; he hadn't seen them since his change-of-heart, and didn't expect to ever see them again.

Edited by LadyNatasha

Luna

"I already told you, my name is Luna," she hissed over her shoulder at Tractus as they were led to the dining hall, but her temper was starting to feel half-hearted. Her fire and fear form before were slowing draining from being in the presence of the king, and now she couldn't believe her own animosity. It was probably nothing more than a human fight or flight syndrome she had come across with this guy, but of course the blood control forced her to stay instead of running. Such a thing would easily trigger some fierce emotions, even in a quiet girl like her. She took a deep breath as the guard released her. She was announced and allowed to go into the dining hall. Her place was to the left of the King, not too far from Kaimaru. She could have sword that the weird people were intentionally following her today. All she had wanted to do was take a walk down memory lane at her old school on the day before graduation and instead she got a fiesta of weird and insane. She already regretted stepping foot back into this place.

She did a double take as she heard Tractus's introduction. There was no way that he was her guest. She had not invited him, and she certainly didn't like him enough to consider him a guest at all. She crossed her arms over her chest and stared down at the table. What had he been saying about an aura? That it had surrounded her and she had managed to call him all the way back in their home city? She hadn't been back there in months. This guy was probably nuts. She wasn't special, and she certainly couldn't summon someone she barely knew. That was something only the best Space Elementians could do, and she considered herself to be one of the worst. He had probably mistaken her for someone else, but still....what was that aura thing? She didn't know what it meant at all.

"But what exactly is a..." Kai was unable to complete his question as Aketsu was called into the room. Chair...

Kai entered as his name was announced. The dining room was huge, and for a moment he just stood and gazed in awe at the high ceiling, the vast table, and even the air itself was overflowing with smells he'd never smelt before. A moment later, however, he realized he was supposed to find his name and made his way into the room, coming to stand next to a wooden "chair."

Kai glanced around before seating himself awkwardly. At the monastery they didn't have chairs, everyone ate seated on the dirt floor before a spread blanket on which the dishes of food were placed. Kai's blood pressure increased as he noticed a knife and a few other oddly shaped pieces of metal, one apparently for stabbing and the other like a small shovel. A thought suddenly occurred to him as he saw the others picking up their knives as well wait... we don't have to kill the food right? Surely it's cooked... or maybe...

But no one else seemed alarmed in the least so Kai merely picked up the knife, holding it as if it were a weapon, and did the same with the fork, trying to be prepared for whatever was about to happen next.

Queen Zillah

The queen raised her eyebrow as they walked into a darkly beautiful room filled with black trees. They were actually alive but had black trunks as well as black leaves. She sat down to look up at Jahanshah without telling him to sit down, she did not want him to. "You have more courage than any of the grown men that I deal with daily. They think that I would slice them in half if they were to request something of me." she said as she gently took his hand in hers and covered it with her other hand. From her two hands, shadows coursed over Jahanshah's body and between the cracks of his metal. It then seemed like her shadows were merely playing the shadows that were akin to Jahanshah which made Zillah smile. "I know of your abilities my dear Jahan, and I know them well, but as you travel, you will not be able to stay like you are, as a Metal Child. You will have to learn to blend in, like the shadowsss." The serpentine 's' carried as she herself seemed to disappear into the darkness around them.

When she reappeared it was with a sword that hissed with a dark shadow aura around it. With a smile, she handed it to Jahanshah then sat back down. "This sword has been imbued with my power. It will make your shadows stronger, but not as strong as your metal element I am afraid." She chuckled slightly, her ruby eyes twinkling in mirth. "You are probably wondering why I am doing this? Well, your wish has been granted child and you will lead the Elementians that I have here at the shadow academy. I want you to take along that swordsmith as well. Should any weapons be needed, it would be wise to watch him craft them. You are also to take Elizabeth if she can be found, Marcus, Skylar and Kilana. As well as a new found hatchling girl who is from one of the neutral cities, but has chosen to follow me, well, you. She is around your age and maleable to fit whatever ideas you form for her, although I have found her to be unmovable on certain things. The best part is Jahan, she looks as if she could be any sort of normal being whom isn't a True Elementian. She only gave her name a Aamina." she said and looked behind Jahanshah as a young girl with dark brown hair and eyes walked out of a stone wall. As the stone crumpled from her face and melded back into the wall, it was easy to see that she was at least 12 or 13 years of age, but with a spirit of vengence and anger that would be hard to tame.

"Her abilities are uknown Jahanshah, but take her as well and make sure that you tame her." she said hoping he knew what she meant. The girl was wild and had a wild fire within her that threatened to break lose. "Now, go and gather yourself, your men and women and keep Aamina as a, well, a guard. I wouldn't want the next ruler of the Shadow Alliance to be killed now would I?" she said then disappeared with a chuckle. I wonder how that news will settle with him?

After the queen had disappeared, Aaamina knelt in front of Jahanshah and looked up at him fire burning with in her to devour some unseen thing that had harmed her so long ago. "I am your servant my Lord." she said in a firm tone despite her age.

Noe Amani

Noe looked at Kaimaru and made a show of how to hold the untensils from where she sat. When meals were served, she made a show of how each utensil was to be used and held that way he wouldn't be lost in how to eat. She also wondered what had Luna in such an angry mood and she gently placed her hand on Luna's forearm. She didn't want the girl to be upset and didn't want her to not enjoy her meal. "How about we forsake all anger and enjoy the meal? I am sure the Good King has something important to say." she said to Luna and glanced at Tractus. When she was done trying to comfort Luna, she found herself chuckling along with Loren and Tuhana as she listened in on their conversation.

King Aslano

The King glanced at Noe as she helped out Kaimaru then looked at the monk with a smile. He was surprised that his good frined had forgotten to mention about their lack of settings at the order, however, he knew that it had bred good men that way. "So, Kaimaru, how is the Order these days?" He started conversationally as their meals were brought to them.

Isa

Isa looked at Yuaki and used the basic noble manners that were present at every table. She didn't really care how Yuaki acted, but was still surprised at the sudden lack of formality that Aketsu had had towards her. To be honest, it was rather refreshing to her instead of him always being so formal that she could nearly choke on it. "Yuaki, I think that we are to gather our things tonight for the morning?" she wondered aloud and also directed her gaze towards Aketsu to see who would answer first.

((Sorry about no colors or anything, have to post quickly so I can get ready for youth group!))

Kai was pondering his fate when he noticed Noe out of the corner of his eye, trying to get his attention. He looked over at her and over the course of a few minutes learned how to use his "silverware" by watching her demonstrate. He was still awkward but now at least he had an idea of what he was supposed to be doing, and was trying his best to imitate the others around him. Still, his sleeves kept getting in the way, eventually he pulled them up past his elbows to keep them from drooping into his food.

That was when the king asked him about the order.

"Master Tsume san is quite old now, but he still runs things despite his frequent ailments." Kai began. "With the war over the order is getting smaller as more of my fellow monks return to the world with more hope of a peaceful future than they've had in years." Kai nodded, swallowing a bite of some sort of vegetable before continuing. "But that's what the order is there for so I can't say I'm disappointed. I'll be leaving it as well when my assignment here is over..." Kai suddenly seemed to remember something and pulled his letter out of his shirt and handed it towards the king. "Which reminds me, Master Tsume sent me this letter for you regarding me and the order I'm sure... though I've not been privy to what he wrote."

((note: in Elvish, the name of Jahanshah's new sword literally means Shadow-Darketh.))

`Jahanshah`

Jahanshah's face did not change as they entered a beautiful dark room, full to the brim with healthy black trees. It was a piece of art in Jahan's eyes, but he didn't let his eyes wander far from the Queen. He had heard of such a room, but the details were few; he had never expected to see it. There were two rumors about the trees; one rumor said that the trees were permanently imbued with shadows from the dead Shadow Elementians from the past. The other rumor said they were simply an extremely rare type of tree that the Light Elementians had tried to destroy due to the fact that they were favored trees of the Shadow Elementians.

Jahan brought his mind back to the present as the Queen sat. He stood before her, suddenly feeling rather short. He had never appreciated how young he looked, but he usually didn't let it bother him either. "You have more courage than any of the grown men that I deal with daily. They think that I would slice them in half if they were to request something of me." Jahanshah was silent, but very glad for the compliment. He had never meant to come on as rude or pushy towards the Queen, and he now found that she was just as perceptive as he had been taught; she was able to twist the shadows of your very words, grasping the underlying meanings and purposes of everything you said. It frightened some, but fascinated the honest like Jahanshah.

Jahan couldn't bring his eyes to leave the Queen's face as she took his hand. He could always sort of 'feel' through his metal skin, but today it was like feeling her hand without any metal at all; it felt so real, so alive and so powerful. Jahan could feel her shadows 'interacting' with his in a way, finding all of the tiniest cracks in his metal skin and seeping under it, connecting with his real skin and sliding around like a serpent. Her shadows were quite a bit stronger than his, but it didn't make him feel weak. "I know of your abilities my dear Jahan, and I know them well, but as you travel, you will not be able to stay like you are, as a Metal Child. You will have to learn to blend in, like the shadowsss."

Jahan raised his head slightly as Queen Zillah disappeared, as though expecting to see her farther hidden in the trees. He felt his own shadows slide over his body rapidly, as though seeking Queen Zillah's shadows. He quickly quieted them and stood still as the Queen reappeared. His eyes immediately widened and moved to the object in her hands. It was a beautiful sword, glowing with a dark aura of shadow. Before Jahan knew it, the Queen had handed him the sword and sat back down. Jahan carefully held the sword, and immediately felt his shadows grow in power. The symbols on the base of the blade glowed slightly before settling. Jahan looked back at the Queen.

"This sword has been imbued with my power. It will make your shadows stronger, but not as strong as your metal element I am afraid." Jahanshah stared with amazement at the Queen. As though reading his thoughts, she answered his questions before he could open his mouth; "You are probably wondering why I am doing this? Well, your wish has been granted child and you will lead the Elementians that I have here at the shadow academy. I want you to take along that swordsmith as well. Should any weapons be needed, it would be wise to watch him craft them. You are also to take Elizabeth if she can be found, Marcus, Skylar and Kilana. As well as a new found hatchling girl who is from one of the neutral cities, but has chosen to follow me, well, you. She is around your age and malleable to fit whatever ideas you form for her, although I have found her to be unmovable on certain things. The best part is Jahan, she looks as if she could be any sort of normal being whom isn't a True Elementian. She only gave her name as Aamina."

Jahanshah took note of everything the Queen said before turning to look behind him. A girl who looked about as old as Jahan looked (meaning she was probably a bit younger than him) suddenly walked out of a stone wall, and the wall yielded to her movement. Her hair and eyes were the color of dark earth, but her eyes had the fire of a true Elementian. Jahan did not doubt the Queen's wisdom in choosing a neutral to join him in the battle, and he had no doubts about Aamina's loyalty. He looked at her carefully as the Queen spoke.

"Her abilities are unknown Jahanshah, but take her as well and make sure that you tame her." Jahanshah turned to the Queen, holding the sword in his left hand (for he was indeed left handed). "Now, go and gather yourself, your men and women and keep Aamina as a, well, a guard" A guard? I don't need a guard, but-- "I wouldn't want the next ruler of the Shadow Alliance to be killed now would I?" Jahanshah stopped dead in everything he was doing; his thoughts, emotions and even his breathing paused for a moment as the Queen disappeared. It took him several seconds of re-running her words through his young mind to realize what she had just said. The next ruler of the Shadow Alliance.

He got no more time to think of it, however, as the girl Aamina reminded him of his new duties by kneeling before him. Her eyes burned like he had never seen before, and he didn't for a moment doubt her loyalty. The only difficulty would be keeping her from getting vengeance at whatever had wronged her. Of course, she would get her vengeance, but it would take time...

"I am your servant my Lord."

Her voice was firm and had no question; she did not act twelve. Much like Jahan, she acted older than she looked and probably older than she was. Jahan nodded once to her, suddenly reassuming his role. The Shadow Queen had allowed him to be a leader, just as he had hoped, and ever more. It was time to start acting like one, like the leader Jahan had always had inside of him. "Then rise, and join me. I appoint you as my personal guardian, and as so you shall be given authority directly under me." By this, Jahanshah simply meant that others would have to adhere to the girl's orders, so long as they did not conflict with Jahan's orders... or the Queen's, of course.

Jahan turned and strode out of the room, though he would have liked to feel the trees. Feel...

Slowly, Jahan's coffin began to grow; the metal left his feet first, then his hands and arms. Of course Jahan was wearing metal as clothing and that did not leave him, but slowly the metal skin left him and joined the coffin on his back. It left his torso, his neck... finally, it left his face. Jahanshah was wearing the equivalent of a noble's shirt and pants, but he felt bare, vulnerable. But I am not. He smiled and the shadows on his new sword crawled up his arm. He had never felt so strong with his shadow element before, but now he felt as though he had been born to use it. The clunking of metal feet no longer hit the ground; Jahan was barefoot. He noticed that already the guards were paying him more special attention as he passed them, probably because not only was he holding a sword that was obviously imbued with the great power of shadows, but he also had a very fiery-tempered guard with him, one that would probably slice the throat of any guard who dared even question Jahan.

Jahanshah stopped at the doors that would lead to the center of the Academy, where he would gather his forces. He looked down at the sword in his hand, and it responded by increasing its aura slightly. He could now feel the textures of the handle clearly, and every ridge and edge responded to his touch. It was metal and shadow, the perfect mix... just like him. "It needs a name," he said to Aamina (though he did not take his eyes off the sword). "I shall call it..." Jahan suddenly tightened his grip on the sword, for the first time allowing it to display its full power; the shadows consumed his being for a moment, then disappeared into his mouth. He did not move during the process, but afterwards a tremor ran through his body before he stilled himself. He smiled and a flash of darkness passed his vision before returning to the sword. His very voice changed as he tightened the grip on his new sword. "Daedureth." Jahan smiled at the sword, if only slightly, before opening the doors wide and entering the area where Marcus and the others were. He wondered if they'd even recognize him; the Metal Child hadn't gone in public without metal skin since as long as he could remember. But Jahanshah was no longer the Metal Child; the title 'Child' had never been meant for him. His mother had not ever once called him a child, not as far back as he could remember. She seldom called him a boy and only called him 'son' in public. No, Jahanshah was no longer the Metal Child; he was the Metal Shadow.

Jahanshah took a step forwards, and looked directly at Marcus. His voice was louder and stronger than before, though no deeper. "Marcus of Pyra, you have heard Queen Zillah's words; I, Lord Jahanshah, have been tasked in leading the Elementians who will fulfill the Queen's desires. Join me, for you have been hand-selected for a journey that could mark the turn of powers in this world." He then turned and looked at the others in the room. "Swordsman--you, standing near Marcus there--you are to join us too, for your talents are well-thought of by the Shadow Queen. Skylar, Kilana, you also are to join us. Marcus, I task you with retrieving Elizabeth, a member of the military council; she will be joining us, by the Queen's word. Gather your resources and prepare for a journey. Tomorrow at sunrise, meet me at the gate of the Academy. There, I will give you the details about what we are to do." Jahanshah didn't bother introducing Aamina to the others; he had just said their names so Aamina knew that, and he figured she could introduce herself later if she wanted to make 'friends'. "We leave tomorrow."

With that, Jahanshah turned from the group and walked back through the doors before taking a deep breath. He wasn't nervous, just overwhelmed with the sudden events. He then turned to Aamina. "Gather your things, whatever you may find valuable to bring with on a very, very long trip. I expect you to use wisdom with what you choose. When you have done that, meet me in the center arena of the Shadow Academy. I have something I want to show you."

With that, Jahanshah turned to go and prepare his own things--he would need real clothes, he realized. He was certain that Queen Zillah would provide more specific details about where he was to go and what he was to do later, though he wanted to know as soon as possible. For now, however, he knew he had to be prepared for anything. For a moment he thought of writing a letter to his parents, but he decided against it; after all, he wasn't a child and had never been treated so by his mother. He figured writing a letter was weakness, and instead decided to send a guard to formally announce his leaving.

Though Jahan didn't acknowledge it, it was almost a way of getting back at his parents; his father had always given in to his mother's wishes, no matter what Jahan had wanted, and his mother had seldom treated Jahan like he was actually her son. That didn't change the fact that Jahan would have died to protect them, but he now found new grounds for resenting them. Find another Heir, mother. I am not going to bring glory to Metallum; I shall bring glory to Whisper, and all Shadow Elementians! The Shadow Alliance shall rule again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Aketsu and Yuaki~

"Yuaki, I think that we are to gather our things tonight for the morning?"

Yuaki quickly attempted to swallow a bite of food as Isa spoke to her, but she had barely finished chewing when Isa also glanced at Aketsu. Aketsu had been careful to take small bites and be prepared for conversation, but he couldn't decide whether the Princess wished him to speak in Yuaki's absence or not; after all, Princess Isa had directly addressed Yuaki. So Aketsu was silent for an awkward second until Yuaki swallowed.

"Yes," she said quickly. "Yup yup, we're to gather everything we need for a journey. I think you're father's gonna talk about that tonight, isn't he? Do you have any 'inside information' about where we're going tomorrow?" Yuaki grinned but Aketsu frowned. He didn't like the thought of Yuaki trying to bribe the Princess, so he quickly spoke up. "Yuaki, I don't think the King invited you to come with, and you should be patient to hear where we're traveling anyways." Yuaki practically jumped at the chance to correct Aketsu. "Ah-hah, but Isa invited me personally just today and obviously I'm officially invited, cuz I'm sitting here at this table almost right next to you!" Yuaki grinned and watched Aketsu's expression turn from annoyance to surprise.

Aketsu glanced at the Princess and his voice softened. "Forgive me, Princess Isa and Yuaki. I did not realize you were invited to go with us tomorrow. I look forwards to your presence." It was true; though Aketsu often was annoyed by Yuaki's very un-servant-like qualities, he always immediately accepted anyone that the royal family of Sola accepted. If Yuaki was personally invited by Isa, then Aketsu decided she must not be a bother to the princess.

Aketsu distracted himself by glancing across the table at Kai. He winced as Kai picked up his silverware like weapons. Has he never seen a fork before?! Aketsu shifted in his seat a moment, wondering what to do. Fortunately, Noe managed to get Kai's attention discretely and correct him on his silverware usage. Aketsu breathed a sigh of relief and turned back to his food, still slightly embarrassed that he had told Yuaki she wasn't going with.

Edited by LadyNatasha

"...And that's why the painting is called "Misfortune of the brush" Said Tuhana, laughing along with Loren. They had been talking about the early works of Kane Creos, A shadow elementian that lived about 150 years ago, long before the last war.

"All I have to say is that he's lucky people don't call it "A brush's 'split' persona" added Loren, causing the both of them to laugh louder, causing some of the nobles to glare at their unrefined manner. For the most part, Loren had came out of his shell as he talked to Tuhana, no more studding or quietness around him. Once the both of them finished their meals, they toasted their wine, drank from it and began to paint. Tuhana was pasting a scene akin to the 'Supper of Blood'. The King was in the center of the painting while the Elementians were around him, enjoying their meal.

Loren however, managed to capture every moment of the Elementians, and managed to convey them in a more unbiased picture. The Earth Elementian and the special guess Yukai were portrayed by eating in a awkward, polite manner. The king had a smile on his face, while the wind Elementian Aketshu was looking away in a direction away from the princess. The Space Elementian and Luna were portrayed in having a bit of unfriendly tension. Noe... Noe was placed on the left-hand edge, looking to her left...He knew that she was paying attention to them, causing him to smile softly underneath his hood.

Skylar

Sky had still been standing next to Marc when Jahan came over to tell him that he had been chosen to go with him in order to lead the elementians that would do what the Queen had announced not too long ago. She was really happy that she had been chosen to go as well along with Kilana and another girl that she didn't think she knew. She was still happy to be going and being together with Marc. She then frowned slightly when she heard what the lord said about Marc being tasked with finding the girl named Elizabeth and hoped that it didn't take long to find her. She was sad that he had been chosen to find Elizabeth because that meant that they would be away from each other again and, in her opinion, they hadn't had a lot of alone time lately since he was always teaching at the academy or being sent to go places without her.

Akira Inoue

Akira blushed a little as she walked in and people Ooh'd and Aah'd at her dress plus her introduction had complemented 'her' healing abilities. Though in her opinion she was just one to pick out the right plants, while the plants did all the work. She sat down in her anointed seat and hid her face a little. She then took a deep breath, and she calmed her nerves, her face slowly becoming less red. She looked up and smiled. Her hair was still worn loose. She was used to that, and actually did not like having her hair up in anything.

(Who is sitting next to Akira?)

--

Kilana Nikata

Kilana quickly scrambled to her feet and bowed when the queen came. She then sighed and leaned back, till Jahanshah came in awhile later and said that her, Skylar, Marcus, and some others were hand picked by the queen for a mission. She smiled, and was happy her abilities were so well thought of. She quickly looked at Skylar and said "Shall we get ready while Marcus finds this 'Elizabeth'?"

Edited by akiraa

King Aslano

The King smiled at Kai and Noe as Noe did her best to try and show Kai how to use his utensils discreetly. Then listened to Kai as he spoke directly to him in a manner that was rather entertaining. He spoke about how he was to leave the order soon which was something that confused the King until Kai explained himself. However when he handed him a letter, he took it with a bow of his head and opened it gently. He read it quickly at first, then slowed down enough to absorb it as he read it a second time. When he was finished with the second time, a sudden show of emotion was on the good King's face until he choked it back quickly and folded the letter reverently as if it was Master Tsume himself. "Good ol' Master Tsume." he said softly before looking back at Kai. "It seems that things are slowing down at the Order according to him, and that he is ill just as you said, not that I doubted your word mind you." A plan was already forming in his mind to have a woman around him at all times to help Kai become accustomed to the world around him and to women, and from the looks of it, she already didn't mind helping him out. "And your Master insists that you learn the ways of the world and women." he couldn't help but chuckle as Noe raised an eyebrow as she daintily ate some of the meat that she was served. "You seem to get along well with Aketsu after your original test of friendship and he knows the mannerisms of this world better than my own daughter." he said as he glanced at the end of the table to his young daughter. "Would you mind if I had you with Aketsu as a part of the group tomorrow?" he asked wanting Kaimaru's honest opinion.

Noe Amani

Noe had been listening to the king just a little bit and wondered what he wanted to tell them all, however, it was rather entertaining to hear him and Kai speak. When he mentioned women, she raised her eyebrow slightly and wondered who was going to assign to Kai. It was rather funny she thought that he would have to assign a woman to teach Kai, however, she thought that being with Aketsu would be more than enough help to Kai. With a slight glance, she caught a glimpse of Tuhana's painting and smiled. It reminded her of an ancient painting that she had seen hanging in the halls of Aero for a time, then in Cumulus then in Sola. "Akira," she said to thr young girl beside her. "Is your meal pleasant?" she asked kindly.

Isa

Isa chuckled at the interaction between Yuaki and Aketsu and smiled at both of them. "I don't know what King Aslano is going to talk about to be honest, he has actually been very hush hush about the whole ordeal." She said with a look towards her father and she barely missed catching his eye. "Aketsu, you don't have to agree with everything my father and I do just because we are royalty." she said and smiled at him then payed attention to her food for a moment.

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Marcus

Marcus was shocked when he noticed the Queen talking to the entire town and then was surprised yet again when Lord Jahan disappeared to go and speak with the queen, or at least that was what he suspected. When Jahan came back and retold what the Queen had said, Marcus grinned darkly. He would follow Jahan but was rather perturbed at the sight of a girl that looked to be around Jahan's age. "Yes my Lord." he said as he bowed while placing his arm across his chest. When Jahan disappeared with the young girl he turned to Kilana and nodded. "However, Elizabeth has been missing for several days and I don't think that the Queen has been informed of that. Guard!" he shouted to one of the men in the distance and quickly told him the development. The guard walked off and Marcus turned to Skylar with a smile. "This is going to be fun"

Aamina

Aamina followed Jahan but a little to the right of and behind him. When he stopped she looked at him with slight envy wondering if he would allow her to regain vengeance on the people that had killed her family or if he would keep her from doing such a thing. Her eyes showed the enjoyment that she had while watching Jahanshah remove his metal plating to look like everyone else, but found herself surprised that he did not wear shoes. As the coffin on his back grew larger, she wondered how such a person could carry so much on their back and not collapse. They continue to walk while she ruminated on her thoughts about the people that she wanted dead so that they could pay for what they had done to her. After a moment she noticed a dark aura appearing from the sword only to watch Jahansha be surrounded by shadows which disappeared into his mouth. The very power of it all made her shudder. It shall be called Daedureth. "A strong name my Lord." she said in awe of the power that he now held. When they arrived at the training grounds, she noted that he said each name that he knew and held the names in her mind, although she was slightly unclear as to who each female was, but with a little bit of time, she would soon know their names, their weaknesses and strengths and be able to aide Jahanshah in his quest to destroy the Light Elementians and all associated.

She was surprised to suddenly be brought back to reality as Jahanshah turned to her. She immediately took a knee as she listened to him reverently, only looking up when he was finished. "Yes my Lord." she said then stood up. She was about to continue to where she had been staying while being interrogated when she stopped and turned around her dark hair whirling behind her. "My Lord Jahanshah, please do not forget sturdy boots for yourself." she said then quickly turned back around. That would be the only care that he would likely recieve from her other than her risking her life for him if the need ever arose.

Her steps were quick as she found her way to a stone wall that lead to her room. The stones rippled as she stepped into them and became part of the wall only for a moment to arrive in her room. With water-like ripples in the stone, she stepped out from the wall, scaring a servant out of the room as she did so. The only things she needed were her personal weapons; a hand crafted bow

that she had made herself out of stone that would only bend to her strength and will. With that was a sword made by an old Metal Elementian as well as a large dagger that stayed at her left hip while the actual sword stayed on her right. She was glad that their hilts were made out of stone, for it allowed her to transport them with her through the walls of the castle. Other than her weapons, she had nothing of value to her except for a dark red gem necklace that she placed around her neck and beneath her shirt.

After making sure that all was ready and provisions were being made for the group to be ready on the morrow, she made her way the center arena and sat in the middle with her legs crossed, eyes closed and hands in her lap.

Skylar

"Oh?" Sky asked Marc curiously with her head tilted to the side a bit. "What's going to be fun love?" She unconsciously called him what she usually called him when they were alone or as a greeting. It was second nature to her to do that so she was sort of on auto-pilot. She hoped that he didn't mind even when she knew that he was timid to show feelings of what he really felt for her around other people. She had listened to what Kilana had said earlier and had nodded but wanted first to know Marc's answer to her question.

Akira Inoue

Akira smiled at Noe and said "Yes, it is." As she took another bite. Her face had finally lost all but a slight tint of pink. Akira then said "How's your back feeling now? I didn't get the chance to ask before." With another smile.

--

Kilana Nikata

Kilana smiled and said "Ooh, I see." She snickered and said "That could be very interesting..." She then stretched and said more to herself than anyone "I wonder what I should bring... I know my regular stuff. but..." Kilana scratched her head as she thought.

Edited by akiraa

Kai continued to eat as the king read the letter, though it was obvious he was more than a little anxious about what its contents might be. All that Master Tsume had told him was that he and the king were old friends, and not to worry about it, well that sure hadn't worked.

Even so it looked like the king was happy to have heard from the old man. Kai continued to eat in peace, well... that is until the king mentioned women. Kai nearly choked on... actually he wasn't sure what it was he was eating, whatever it was it quickly became lodged in his throat and he less than gracefully attempted to hide it with a cough as he swallowed hard.

He noticed Noe raise an eyebrow and his face flushed red with embarrassment. He would have to mention that to everyone here... Seriously... All I did was ask him for advice on how to... interact... or better yet avoid, women. I'm doomed!

"Erm..." Kai coughed, speaking up again, though his sing-song voice had risen an octave in his state of embarrassment. "Master Tsume... what a... sense of humor." He sighed wearily, submitting to his new fate, "Whatever your eminence and Master Tsume decide upon I will do. I've learned that he usually knows what is... best, if not most pleasant. I thank you for your concern with this matter."

Kai attempted to do a proper bow as best as one could while seated, unfortunately he was unused to his new outfit and a button from one of his sleeves caught on the table cloth, jerking it just enough to douse his head with grape juice as he reached the lowest point of the bow.

"Oh dear earth that I've allowed on for my element... please... if you have any pitty... swallow me now..." he muttered under his breath, just as red as before, though the grape juice running down his face had a little to do with it as well.

((Oh my goodness, I was in a sore mood and now I can't stop laughing! Poor kai!))

Noe Amani and the Twins

Noe started to giggle but the loudest laughter came from the two rather formal speaking twins that were seated on her left hand side. "Oh hush!" she said to them so as to not draw attention to Kai, but that didn't help their laughter at all. "Or what dear Noe? You will make it rain?" Nerio asked which only made Noe stand up and smack him firmly across his face. "Wrong move brother." Leith said at the surprised look on his brothers face which didn't help to quell his laughter. "Did she just?" Nerio stammered then started to laugh again as even the King chuckled. "Now Good King, you shouldn't laugh at others' misfortunes. Nerio deserved it too."

She said as she blushed at the King guffawing at her reaction to Nerio. "Brother Nerio, I think it is time that you learn that to anger a weather elemental is a sore thing to do!" Leith said as Noe walked around to the servants who were trying to help Kaimaru but were failing miserably because of their laughter. "Kaimaru, I am sure it is a shock to be in such a situation." she said and glared at Nerio and Leith who started to laugh again. "I am sure that the Good King wouldn't mind if you went and changed." she chuckled gently again as she masked a small giggle and glared at the nobles that laughed.

When she was sure that Kai was following, she walked down the fire lit halls at a fast pace for someone so short (she's around 5'3). "I wouldn't worry about who the King has designated to help you out. Aketsu is a very respectable person and the fact that he is the one to help you, and that you will be stuck with that dratted Princess...." she sighed and smiled back at him as she arrived to where Ayame had retreated to after announcing everyone. "As well as Yuaki, you should be fine learning about women." She said then knocked on Ayame's door. "Ayame! It is Noe...I'm afraid it is a clothing emergency. " she said and grinned as the same tall man with long gray hair swept her up in a large hug. "Ah Noe! An emergency, hopefully not...oh dear gods!" he exclaimed as he sat her down and looked at Kaimaru.