LoveLost

Trials and Travels (Semi-lit)

"I don't know her too well," Aoi replied. "But she's one of our team members. We should get her out of here first, so we won't gain too much attention." He leaned down to pick her up, then started out of the room. Most of the other people in the room decided to leave the situation be; they probably thought it wasn't serious. Aoi glanced back at Jahan and the others, motioning for them to follow. He entered into the room he brought Promise into the night before, then laid Celeste on the bed. She had bruises in various places; they were all at around the same stage. Hmm.. he didn't know too much about medical knowledge.

-------------------------------------

Naomi's gaze turned dizzying; another of her headaches were starting. She had thought that they'd end once she stopped walking in public places, but being around so many people was amplifying her illness. She closed her eyes and covered her face with both hands, curling up a bit to stop herself from losing conciousness. The chatters around her were growing overpowering, and she let out a small cry of panic. She didn't want it back, it had haunted her for too long. Covering her ears she started crying unconsciously, then tried to steady her breathing.

Tractus~

Tractus had arisen when the moon had marginally fallen down in the horizon. He reached for Promise, to find empty air. His eyes shot open. She was gone! However, there was something in her place... A note. Sighing, he picked it up and opened it. With each line he read, the more he seemed to age. Wearily, he stood, and strecthed, then looked into the room. Tractus was shocked. He wasn't sure what to think, other than the risks that this nonfruitful night had brought. Doing a double-take, he hopped down from the window. Looking back to the inn one last time, he bent space into a tunnel that connected with the clearing that the Alliance had reserved. He stepped inside, and was whisked away into the hole. In a matter of seconds, he stepped out onto the clearing where they had camped for the night. He could hear a popping sound behind him, meaning that the small tunnel was closed. A wave of exhaustion slew over him, and he slumped to the ground next to Aketsu's tent, falling again into a dreamless sleep.

((Shall I post as Celeste, as well?))

Promise nodded in response to Aoi's words, then stood with him as he picked the girl up. She panicked as he started for the room she had slept in, and remembered Tractus and the note. "Wa-wait!" She rushed after him, but got there a moment late. She slipped in after him, slightly flustered and ready to defend Tractus' presence, but he wasn't there. She blinked as the sill, staring at it for a moment, then sighed and closed the window. Of course, no one could have been that seriously in love with someone at first sight. He must have just been making it all up. She turned back to Aoi. "Is she all right?" Stepping towards him and the girl, she swept up her hat from where she had left it and put it on firmly, tilting it forward to shade her face.

Aamina had been waiting all night for Celeste to return and to be honest to herself, there was a deep dark corner of her soul where she actually liked the girl in some insane way or another. Unfortunately, she had fallen asleep outside the door and woke up when people started walking around.

A large thud in the room where Jahan was sleeping shocked her into awareness and she disappeared into the stone walls. A slight shift in her position showed her that Jahan was in a different room at this time with everyone around him and one central person laying on a bed. She couldn't tell who, but she would know soon enough. She pulled away from the stone and into the center of the room, turned towards the bed; it was Celeste.

She stood there in her disguise waiting for something to happen and waiting for Celeste to breath continuously. She had bruises all over her body and if Aamina's observations were correct, there was gold in the other room. "Stupid, foolish girl." She turned around, her brownish red hair flowing behind her. She stopped when she heard crying and stomped her foot on the ground. The girl beside her was holding her head in her hands and crying. Aamina had also noticed that her heart rate was going insane and for some reason, there was something odd in her body. A sickness maybe. "Get a room to breath." she said firmly to the girl as she moved the stones in the hallway to make a clear path for the girl to get a place.

Aamina gathered the gold that was there on the floor in Jahanshah's room and glared at Marcus who was standing there in just his pants. "Get some clothes on." Aamina stated ignoring his stare at her transformed body.

When she stepped back into the room she placed the gold bag in the young Lord's hand. "She went to earn money for you. Knowing her dramatic mind, she probably thought that it was the only way that she could be of use to you. Forgoing her own pride, to provide." Aamina noticed with due surprise that there was a tear streaming down the side of her face and her fists were clenched at her sides. "People who do this...do not deserve to live." Of course, Aamina was speaking of the man that had tortured Celeste.

With that, she turned around, left the room and walked to the front of the hotel. She paid the man and ordered a breakfast with the money that Celeste had earned. When she walked back up to the room, she finally noticed the large man in the corner and her face took on a dreadful glare. Her eyes flashed as did the gem that was around her neck. "If you touch any woman again, you will find a spike in your heart the day after." she stated and left him alone. Could someone help Celeste?

What Aamina looks like and her gem looks like the one in her hand. Here

Isa jumped when she heard Isis tell her good morning. "Good morning Isis." her reply was cordial and lacked the royal flair that many would probably think she had. When both Aketsu and Yauki walked out of their tents ... or crawled for that matter, Isa's face brightened up. Aketsu walked over to her and called her his Ray of Sunlight. She blushed a deep red and cuddled into his side. "Good morning my...uhm....okay, early morning my brain isn't working. I love you." she said with a happy smile.

Edited by LoveLost

Yuaki... Why? Why is my mind so focused on you? Even the shadows seem to remind me of you. There is something about you that makes me at ease. Just something about you...

"Snap out of it," muttered Eirikr, slapping himself. "She probably has no intrest in you."

He went back to scrubbing at the blood stain on his clothes. He remembered carrying the dead girl back to camp where a new guy, maybe her brother, had run to her and cried. Other than his conversation with Yuaki the past few days were slowly fading in his memory. Cumulus was in sight, as were it's storm clouds. Eirikr jammed his hat back on his head and jumped down from his perch. He shouldered his pack and walked off.

Celeste~

Celeste was drifting in and out. She heard ruckus and commotion, but she couldn't really describe what was really going on. She heard crying, a deep voice, and she felt pressure on he back. The pressure was then relieved, and she saw a bright light in the corner of her eyes. She opened them briefly, and had to close them again. It was too much, too bright. After letting her eyes adjust to the new light level, she delicately tried to open her eyes again. She could see people. Lots of people. Surrounding her. Why...? She realized. Immediately, she bolted out of the bed and extravagantly curtsied to her Lord. "I am so sorry! I was trying to bring you my night's pay, and I... uhmm..." With everyone in the room like this, she knew that she must have caused some kind of commotion... Wincing from the bruise on her side, she knelt on the floor, her skirt billowing out a short distance beside her...

Edited by gistofeverything

Aoi rushed forwards to stabilize her, then knelt down as well. He understood what happened to her. What a foolish girl, he thought, but then put on an empathetic face as he helped her back onto the bed. "Don't get out for a while. You should probably rest." He said in a soft voice, then turned back to face the rest of them. "We should have one stay here with her, then the rest of us, go out and do what we have to do to help with the plan." He looked at Jahan, then smiled. They had to get moving, or they wouldn't get it to work in time.

Crossing the room, he knelt down to Naomi, who was crouched and covering her face. "Do you mind staying with her?" He asked. "You seem to have a sense of medical knowledge, and probably will be able to keep her company enough." She probably won't be able to help with much anyways, he thought, patted her back and stood up. He then turned swiftly and left the room. There was a lot of work to do.

Promise looked from Aoi to Celeste, then quickly followed Aoi out. "Hey, wait." She caught up to him quickly, despite her aching ankles. "So, what's the plan now? What can I do to help?" She bit her lip and dipped her head down, hiding her face with the rim of her hat. "I don't know what I'd be able to do, but... I want to help. Somehow." She looked up and watched him for a reaction, expectantly awaiting a reply. She'd been wandering for so long, her live being pointless, repetitive, and of no used to anyone aside from herself. She wanted to be needed.

Aamina watched as Aoi helped Celeste with some sort of jealousy. He was kinder than she was and she wondered how he did it. But that didn't matter now. Celeste would be taken care of and that was all. Lord Jahan would stay in the hotel and would be taken care of.

"Celeste, stay in the hotel this time. No more going out where you can defame our Lord." She said wanting to get across that she didn't need to go out and sell herself to get money for them. They all had their ways and it was one of the reasons that Aamina was taken along. A natural, and easy money provider by sheer default.

As she walked out of the room, she ignored the pang of guilt for the words that she had used. Maybe they weren't right...maybe they were. Maybe, just maybe, the starkness of the words would get through that infuriating, and overly dramatic girls thick head. She nearly ran into Aoi, but side-stepped him, her ears just catching what the new girl asked.

"You can assist us in stirring up a rebellion. Does that sound alright to you?" Her penetrating gaze looked at the girl without any sort of gentleness whatsoever. "If it does, then report to me, or this one. He seems to understand the plan thanks to him being in the good graces of Future Prince, Lord Jahanshah." With that, she walked down the hall and down the stairs to the front desk where she quickly arranged an extra amount of gold for them that would keep their silence.

"Make sure that no one is received into that upper level other than those described. If you do that, I'm sure that the Queen will be most pleased."

"Y-y-y-yes'm." the man replied, shaken to his core that one of the Queen's Guards would be in his hotel.

Just inside the city, Noe had given Kai over to a few healers that she knew were faithful to the ways of either the Light Alliance, or neutrality. They wouldn't allow anyone to come near. They were both from the weather element which also helped Noe in her keeping them quiet.

"Thank you brothers and sisters." She replied to them with their own whispered thanks.

She walked through the town, ignoring the building crowd around her. Her gyspy like clothing was something that was never seen amongst the respectable people of Cumulus. Her billowing sleeves, bare midriff, and slightly revealed chest made her stand out. The beads and feathers that seemed to grow out of her jet black hair also made her something to be admired.

"A griffin! Look, one has come! It is a good omen!"

"Mommy, what is that tattoo on that lady? " "Hush my dear, you mustn't upset her."

"Winged ones. They do exist!"

"A griffin, a griffin in my life time!"

She did her best to hide the nervous tension that she felt growing within her. In an attempt to make herself seem even more so proud of her inheritance, she stood all the taller and carelessley flipped her hair, revealing the griffin tattoo on the side of her neck, flashing her weather elementian birthmark, and the scars from lightning that she bore.

When she stopped in the middle of the town, in front of a hotel, she noticed that several guards were walking her way. In the middle of all of them, was an extravagantly dressed noble who came to welcome her as soon as he had heard of her arrival.

"My dear Lady Griffin! Your beauteous highness! We welcome you to our humble town of Cumulus."

"Peace noble. Cumulus is my home, as it is the home of many. Please do not waste your flattery on one that is as humble as I." Noe replied in the accent that she had heard her father use.

The man shook his head. "No Griffin is to be ignored especially in a place where legends tell of your great kind. We have the best rooms and food available for you. What do you wish to do?"

"At the moment, I would love to look at the town that I once knew as a babe. If that pleases you."

"Whatever your wish is madam."

((NO colors, sorry.....super late and I super tired!))

Promise turned towards the girl coming towards her, who answered her question. Or, thought she did. Promise nodded in response, though she still didn't understand what she needed to do. Her stare made her shiver; something that the ice elemental thought was strange. Usually she was the one sending out chilling glares. When she had left, Promise turned again to Aoi. "Um... How exactly would I go about 'stirring up a rebellion?" She shrugged. "I mean, I've never done something like this before."

After Aamina left, Promise asked him, "Um... How exactly would I go about 'stirring up a rebellion?" She shrugged. "I mean, I've never done something like this before."

Aoi bent down a little and swiftly took the hat off her head and grinned. "Don't look down; I need a lot of work done, so if you want to help, I gladly need it." This, of course was a lie; he had the confidence to do it all himself, but she looked like she wanted to be needed.

Aoi put her hat back on her head and turned, motioning for her to follow. While he walked, he explained the plan. "We are planning to create unsettlement in the hearts of the villagers by spreading rumours about the Earth Alliance. Then when Aamina destroys the Weather Machine, they will most likely start up a riot against the the Light Alliance leaders. Sound simple?" He left the building, then added, "We'll just talk to a few villagers around here, there are most likely ones that like to gossip among the few. I was planning to walk around and pretend to be an innocent traveller, and inquire about things." He held his hand out for her. "Do you know your way around this place?"

((OTL fail post is fail. I'm not sure if I told her the right plan. xd.png))

Promise tugged at her hat, hiding a slight color to her cheeks. For some reason, he could easily woo her with his words, even when she believed them to be untrue. "I doubt it," she retorted. "I bet you think you can do this all single handed." She trotted behind him, following closely. He explained the plan easily as they walked, and she sorted out the facts in her head. "Simple enough in theory."

Ignoring his hand, she stepped outside and pulled the rim of her hat lower, shielding her face from the sun. "I know enough about the layout. I'm sure I'll figure it out as I go along." She sent through her list of influences in a city. Shop owners would probably be a good place to start, considering they usually had loose tongues around their customers. And their daily contact with so many people helped to spread rumors easily. "So, I'll just start talking with the villagers, right?" She started walking down the road, in the direction of the clothes shop. "That should be easy enough."

He smirked as she turned her back to go towards the other side of the road. He could get to her easily, but she had seen right through him. Not that it mattered. He knew for once He decided to start on the other side of the city, to cover more ground.

He headed towards a cafe nearby. There were a lot of customers sitting in various tables, and he sat down at an empty one. Hm... time to strike up some conversation.

((There's not much to write... OTL))

"You, traveler. Come here," shouted a guard over the noise. The soldier motioned for Eirikr to approach. "Who are you, and what is your business here?"

As Eirikr had neared the city traffic on the road thickened. Eirikr chose to avoid the press by walking alongside the roads as he headed to the gates. The sheer amount of dust had forced him to cover his mouth with a cloth. This the guard asked to be removed to reveal his face.

"My name is Eirikr Stanislaus," he growled. "As for my business I have none at the moment."

"Alright go ahead. Just don't cause no trouble, got it?"

"Yes sir." said Eirikr walking for the first time into Cumulus. He needed information.

"Excuse me good baker," said Eirikr walking up to a shop. "Could you give me directions to the postmasters office?"

I'm afraid you might not find any work there. You might want to try the shipping guild." said the baker.

"No I just need to ship some letters," "And while I'm here, let me have one of those sweet rolls."

Money and food changed hands while the baker gave Eirikr detailed instructions. Happy, Eirikr headed to the post office, munching the sweet roll.

Edited by Nasa13

((bump user posted image; sorry for my lack of posts but i can't think of anything to post as Sky...))

((When I get back from Palm Springs, I might be able to make a post for Promise. Maybe make a small time skip of five minutes? Just to be able to spread some rumors quickly.))

((bump user posted image; still don't know what to post as Sky...))

"It's been quite nice in Cumulus for the past week, hasn't it?" The waitress he was talking to looked up, surprised that he was addressing her. She blushed and nodded quickly, then hastily made her way back to the kitchen. Aoi cursed silently. He thought that it would be easy to find one of them to talk to, but it seemed that he had to take a different apporach.

He took his drink and meal and casually sat himself at the bar on the other side of the restaurant. The bartender looked at him as he seated himself and asked him politely, "Do you want something to drink, sir?" It would be suspicious if he didn't actually get anything to drink, so he nodded and said, "Um.. Whatever doesn't have too much alcohol in it..."

When the bartender came back, Aoi pretended to look as if he was troubled. "Is something wrong?" The bartender asked him, as he set down Aoi's drink, noting his expression. Bingo! A busybody.

"Well, it's nothing really." Aoi waved him away, but he sat down across from him anyways. "Are you sure?"

Aoi hesitated, then leaned in close and asked him, "Can you keep a secret?"

The bartender nodded, then eagerly leaned in as well.

"Well, I'm here in Cumulus to visit my cousins. They were completely distraught. When I asked them what was wrong..." He paused as if he didn't want to continue his sad lie. It was working. "What is it?" The bartender asked with an open mouth.

"They were robbed by Terrian Brigands just a week before I came. They were told that they had to give everything they had away, and what's more, they said the brigands boasted that Lord Gerald was planning to invade Cumulus and take over it."

The bartender was completely shocked. "That's not true... is it?" He asked cautiously. Aoi's expression was so intense he gulped, and looked around. "What can we do?"

Aoi answered quietly, "The only thing we can do is to stop it from happening. Tell everybody, and warn them about intruders and Earth Elementarians. They could be a raiding patrol. But you want them to keep it a secret; who knows what might happen if it's proclaimed out loud."

The bartender nodded quickly, and Aoi stood up, grabbed his coat, and said, "I'd better get back to see how my cousins are doing. I can't leave them for long; I'm so worried about them. " He left a bill on the tray, then exited the restaurant, smirking to himself. Pleased with the results of that attempt, he headed for a clothing store. Time to stir up some more unrest.

((I forgot how to RP HELP MEEEEE))

Promise stepped out of the clothing shop, waving to a few of the ladies inside as she exited the building. Having planted a rumor and a sob story, the gossip would easily spread through the female population of the city. A juicy bit of news always consumed women, like a wild fire. Just a few select words spoken in the right place with the right company, and that was it.

Speaking with the ladies had also given her some new information. There was a griffon in town. How rare and... exciting. Maybe she'd be able to get a glimpse of it while she was out and about. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice Aoi, who was, at the moment, walking over to the area of the shopping industry she had just left. Looking up, she finally noted his presence, giving him a small nod and a wave.

Aoi moved closer to Promise, then turned around and joined her in walking away from the shop area. "How did it go?" He asked her softly, so only she could hear. "You didn't have any trouble, did you? Hopefully they didn't note suspicious your attire. Although, you could be mistaken for a citizen here. I'd better be careful." He noted, then pulled the hood of his coat over his head inconspicuously to cover his bright orange hair.

"The people here are at peace right now, and so if any unsettling news reach the ears of more than one citizen, they would not be able to help feeling worried." He stated, scoffing unexpectedly. "Such simple minded fools."

He realized what he had just said. In need of a diversion, he suddenly grabbed her hand and said quickly, "Let's go somewhere together." He looked around for anywhere nearby. Surely there were a lot of news that travelled in and out of the post office; it would be easy to start even more rumors there, and so he headed in the direction of it.

As he walked nearer to it, he silently cursed himself. It was hard enough having to hang around people that didn't deserve him to talk to as it was, but he didn't have to let any of his dark thoughts slip out. He couldn't afford to now.

Edited by lachrymation

Eirikr licked his still sticky fingers. Why did good food always come with a price? A flash of orange caught his eye. When he looked though he saw nothing out of the ordinary. Shrugging he turned and entered to post office. He approached the counter and pulled out a stack of letters.

"I need these to be mailed to Aero. They're important so don't get them lost," said Eirikr. He paused before pulling out one last letter. "And get this to Terra. It's important that it gets to the Lord Gerald as soon as possible."

"Any reason why you need it done fast?" asked the postman who was helping Eirikr.

"Nothing you need to worry about," said Eirikr with a warning look. He leaned forward against the counter, trusting to his size to intimidate the man. "Say, I've been hearing a lot about tensions rising between Whisper and Sola. Can you tell me something about that? It's hard for a person to get news out on the road.

Edited by Nasa13

"It went well." She chuckled under her breath. "They thought I was military. Asked about how it was all going." She rolled her eyes, inwardly amused. "Gave me the perfect opening." She quickly explained the story she had spread, a tale of how Terra had been secretly plotting to take over Cumulus, then the rest of the cities. "They got all excited, but in a worried way. Told me they'd spread the word." She smirked, pondering the hilarity of their gullibility.

She hardly heard his mutterings until he scoffed. She raised her eyebrows at his accusation, but was distracted by his sudden grab for her hand. At first, she recoiled a bit and shied away from his touch, but then relaxed as they started walking together towards the post office. She looked around, a little self-conscious of being seen in public walking hand in hand with a man. His warm touch contrasted greatly to her normally freezing hands. She followed along, wordlessly.

Walking into the post office, Aoi saw that there weren't many customers, but there were a few around, gathering letters or handing them to clerks at the counters, who in turn placed them on trays that made it inside the working place of the postmen. He looked around for anyone in particular to talk to. One voice caught Aoi's ear more than the rest of the quiet murmurs of business.

"Say, I've been hearing a lot about tensions rising between Whisper and Sola. Can you tell me something about that? It's hard for a person to get news out on the road."

Letting go of Promise's hand, Aoi quickly made his way to the man and grabbed his arm, then looked around frantically. "That's not to be discussed here..." He whispered to him, and then motioned for him to follow him outside, giving a polite smile to the postman, who looked at him strangely.

Edited by lachrymation