LoveLost

Trials and Travels (Semi-lit)

Skylar

Sky let the ice sword vanish before allowing her armor to do the same as she continued to circle. She shrugged a bit in reply to what she said about circling not doing much before dodging the three arcs of electricity that were sent in her direction though opposite of her. She wasn't going to allow herself to get stunned for awhile if she could help it. She created a throwing star and threw it at the fan that she had up in the air and it lodged it into the wall behind her. That done, she put her leg out and tried to knock her off of her feet but knew that she would probably dodge that attack but it was worth a shot.

((alright happy.gif; goodnight smile.gif))

Edited by SkySong278

Not forgiven not apologized to hmmm what an interesting place.

Kaimaru nodded as the king turned to go. Apparently he was to be included in the meal, how interesting. Perhaps it is a bad time, maybe their eating will reveal more of themselves than their fighting and posing.

"Something to wear?" he questioned, picking up his wet robe. It was true his clothes were all wet, but that could be taken care of by a few moments in the sun... or did they mean different clothes entirely?

"Yes," he decided as the new girl prompted the outburst to go with him and find him some clothed. He smiled, pleased with her sense of balance. "That would balance out our differences perfectly."

"My name is Kaimaru Mochizuki, of Vel Ordo Del Vox Pondera. An unbalanced and long name, please, call me Kai." He turned and inclined his head once to each of the individuals who had addressed him, first to Lona, then Yuaki, and finally the princess and her gentleman caller. "I've been sent to observe you all and to see if the scales of war are still present. I'm told this place was constructed to train members of the light alliance to kill members of the shadow alliance, I did not expect to find children undertaking such a serious task. I'm very eager to get to know you all and see if history will repeat itself, or if the next generation will rise above the prejudice of its parents."

Kai's smile never left his face as he spoke. Perhaps his first time outside the monastery in five years wouldn't be as bad as he had expected. The minds of the young were easily opened and drawn out, molded and changed. There may yet be a chance to bring balance in this generation. He suddenly seemed to remember something and bent down, wiping his cloak against the sandy patches of the floor. Each time he did so he left behind a still pool of clear water. In a moment the floor was devoid of sand and dust and he too his cloak up and squeezed even more liquid out of it.

Seemingly satisfied, he spread it in the air and put it back on, suddenly producing his staff once more from inside the cloak. As the sand reformed on his body as the armor it had been before he felt immense relief, not having it on him made him feel naked and exposed. It was a comfort even if it wasn't necessarily needed.. at the moment... it may very well have been his only friend. The staff suddenly leapt off the ground and curled around his arm, disappearing into his cloak again.

"Ready to explore your kingdom's intriguing definition of clothing when you are." He nodded to outburst.

Edited by Rakashua

VULCAN

Vulcan, the blacksmith for Whisper, was making a delivery of weapons to the school where the elementals were taught. He was just considering how he wished he didn't have to deliver to this place when he heard the cacophony of battle. He slowly approached the source, looking carefully around a corner to see two women fighting, one using ice and one using lightning. They exchanged some banter, then proceeded to attack one another with swords and fans. If nothing else, the spectacle was grand. "Wow..." He said slowly, leaning on his cane, "two girls with incredible godly powers battling one another with no regulatory body save for one guy off to the side. This is either very frightening or very entertaining." He backed away to a distance he felt safe for avoiding accidental flash freezing and yelled to the man on the side: "Hey, you're connected with the school and not fighting, right? Wanna take this metalwork off my hands?"

Edited by Nonamethegreat

Marcus Tiron

Marcus glanced to the side as someone called out and realized that whoever this was, was calling him. He nodded as he walked over. "Sorry, didn't heear what you said...it gets kinda loud when you get closer to the battle." He said with a wink as he looked back and a smile of admiration crossed his lips. When he brought himself back to the young man in front of him, he couldn't tell whether or not he was an Elementian. He wasn't like the common folk who had all shades of hair with the incorrect mixtures that would make them an Elementian. This "kid" looked like a metal worker. "You uh, you made all of these?" he asked as he opened up the package and admired one of the swords that were there. "This work almost seems to be too fine for someone who isn't a True Elementian." he stated without malice and wondered if the other man would catch his drift.

Isa

Isa looked at the monk after gently placing her hand on Yuaki for support. She felt light headed and also, irritatingly, dizzy. "I think, Kai, that you will find Sola a place that is trying to change. But as you will learn at supper, Whisper is the place that is not willing to change." she said sadly for a moment then turned her rainbow eyes onto Aketsu. "Thank you Aketsu for helping me like that...it was very honorable." She said choosing her words carefully and hoping that her gratitude would get across to him. After a moment of thinking, she quickly kissed him on his right cheek as a show of gratitude then walked with Yuaki to the girls' chambers. "Thank you for back there Yuaki. I wouldn't have known what to have done...I am just thankful I didn't scream. Did I....Did....did I really lose that badly?" she asked in a worried tone.

Leith and Nerio

Leith found himself smiling at the kindness being shown by Akira. "i think she will like that." he said kindly then noted that the would need to get ready as well. "Akira, hurry to the green house and make sure you are back in time for dinner." Nerio said for his brother as they walked on ahead. Leith found himself intrigued by the monk and wondered if he should hang back and learn from him. He had wanted things to be peaceful and to be honest, the identity of the school WAS to train Elementians to fight. But then again, if they didn't know how to use their powers, how could they change the tides of the war?

Noe Amani

Noe didn't walk fast enough to stay ahead of the others so more than likely they passed her on their way to the different quarters. I don't have any other dresses this nice. She said to herself and looked at the servants who glanced at her with pity. The disaproval of the one person that really treated me like his own child...allowing me to be myself. How could I do that to him? She held her tears this time as she made the lonely walk down the hall knowing that Isa would jab at her for this again and again until Noe blew up again. It took quite a long time for Noe to get to the point that she had that day. But that she had blown up at such a critical time as when a monk from the Vel Ordo Del Vox Pondera came to look at the students? How foolish could she have been!

While walking, she came to her room to find it still like it had been that morning. Absolutely spotless. She didn't want to walk into her room, she walked past the others and went to the servants quarters where she had lived for so long.

Luna

Luna couldn't help but notice Aketsu's attempt to confuse her. His cocked head only meant one thing to her: he was a real idiot, a dog of the state and nothing more. She knew what he was, and he was definitely one of the few people she would not allow to play games with her. She lifted herself from her bow, grateful for the king's and Kaimaru's courtesy. Even though she had made a stand, she had not been chided. Something like that would have never happened back home. Sometimes she could really sense the difference between even the allied Elementian cities. Universum certainly wasn't like the Academy. She placed the bottom of her cane on the ground at her side and watched everyone move around her like a wave of purposeful people. She had only gone here for nostalgia's sake. What purpose was there in that? Kaimaru was off on some strange spiel about the Academy, but Luna wasn't about to say anything in return to it. She had liked staying at the Academy. It was certainly better than home even if she did fail nearly every subject possible. Fighting off the Shadow Alliance had only been part of the deal. She couldn't just forsake the duty her superiors had given her. It actually gave her a sense of purpose in her life that she would have lost if she wasn't a Space Elementian. She took a step back from him and tried to think about it all. What would the workers and even the students at the Academy do if suddenly a truce was called? Where would they go? They had powers and knowledge but nothing to do with it. What would she do? It wasn't like she was trained to be a seamstress or anything, and even if she sucked at fighting it was better than nothing. But no, she was not about to speak out against this monk. He might spurt something about balance and insult her right back. She didn't need that right now, so she kept her lips pressed together and watched from the sidelines.

VULCAN

The guy walked over, apologizing for not hearing him perfectly, then took the package and admired one of the swords. After a moment's inspection he casually suggested that the boy might be a True metal worker. The man was smart, Vulcan gave him that. He had right away identified not only his Elementian traits, but the fineness of his craftsmanship. More than once he had considered producing garbage for them, but having a group of incredibly powerful warriors breathing down his neck for better weapons was not a tempting idea. "Thank's sir. You know, I get that a lot, but it still means a lot coming from a True Elemental like yourself." He hated calling someone barely older than himself "sir," but hated the idea of dying more. "And by the way, before you ask, I know I'm a perfect reflection of a True metal worker. What can I say, four siblings and only I got my dad's red hair." He had been asked these questions before and had practiced his answers in the privacy of his shop, so the words rolled of his tongue just as easily as if they had been the truth.

Kaimaru sighed to himself as he watched the others interact. I seem to be leaving the wrong impressions though... oh I wish Master Tsume had told me something about the customs of this place... well he did... but apparently they've changed in the fifty years since he was here.

He nodded respectfully to the princess, "I would like to change things here and there. But first it seems I must learn how to change myself." His gaze now fell on the boy who's name he heard now for the first time. "Aketsu seems well versed in your customs, perhaps he will be able to balance out my naivete. I will admit that the man who prepared me to come here... prepared me for what your society was fifty years ago, and it seems my earth borne social concepts are as foreign here as those from before any of us were born."

He shook his hair to rid it of further water droplets and stretched before saying one last thing, a proverb. "One must first bring balance to one's self, before he can effect balance in others."

~Aketsu~

"Something to wear? "Yes, that would balance out our differences perfectly." Aketsu frowned slightly and gave Yuaki a look, but she wasn't looking at him and missed it. Aketsu sighed inwardly and turned towards the noble monk, deciding that introductions should take place. He had no sooner opened his mouth to speak when the monk spoke up first.

"My name is Kaimaru Mochizuki, of Vel Ordo Del Vox Pondera. An unbalanced and long name, please, call me Kai. I've been sent to observe you all and to see if the scales of war are still present. I'm told this place was constructed to train members of the light alliance to kill members of the shadow alliance, I did not expect to find children undertaking such a serious task. I'm very eager to get to know you all and see if history will repeat itself, or if the next generation will rise above the prejudice of its parents."

Aketsu raised a brow at the stranger, suddenly less insulted and more intrigued. "I think, Kai, that you will find Sola a place that is trying to change. But as you will learn at supper, Whisper is the place that is not willing to change." It was Princess Isa who spoke, and Aketsu had to agree with her. None of the 'bad' nations--not Whisper or any of the others--had offered even the slightest apology or even a word of humility when the war had ended. Aketsu wasn't born back then, but they hadn't done so since he was born either. They were silent, in the most unnerving way, and Sola had every right to kill members of the Shadow alliance that dared near the 'good' cities. It wasn't like Sola was planning to invade the lands of the Shadow alliance and kill civilians as the Shadow Alliance had done over thirty years ago (at least, Aketsu was fairly certain they wouldn't).

"Thank you Aketsu for helping me like that... it was very honorable." Aketsu turned again to face the princess, and found himself involuntarily reddening slightly in the face. To hide it he quickly gave a bow. He bowed for only a moment before rising, and to his surprise the princess was moving towards him. A moment later, she kissed him. It was only a quick and grateful kiss, but to Aketsu it was like being given half the kingdom. Aketsu's eyes widened almost comically. Not only had he never been kissed before and never considered kissing anyone, but he had never ever expected to ever even come close to doing something like holding the princess' hand! And just like that, she was gone, walking out the door with Yuaki who was grinning and giggling at Aketsu and Kai. Aketsu stood there another moment, lost in wonder and without a sensible thing to say. Then suddenly he realized that the noble monk was addressing him, and he turned to face him. Approval. Princess Isa approved.

"One must first bring balance to one's self, before he can effect balance in others." Aketsu blinked and stared at Kai, almost wishing he could have thanked the princess or at least said something, instead of standing there senselessly. "Very well... Kai." Aketsu thought for a moment, then smiled. "I would be more than happy to help you adjust to our 'customs'," he said pleasantly. His normal attitude was back, the one he held when no Sola royalty was present. He looked quite pleased, as though he had never been confused or angered at Kai.

"I'm... sorry, if I seemed rude earlier. You surprised me." The words came out before Aketsu could stop them, and then he realized he had just apologized--which he had said he wasn't going to do. Approval. Weather. The royal family had not seemed bothered by Kai's sudden and strange entrance, so Aketsu chose not to be either.

~~Yuaki~~

Yuaki was extremely entertained by Aketsu and Kai's interactions, especially since Kai didn't lose his head at all like Aketsu had. Aketsu wasn't violent or loud about his emotions, but Yuaki was still quite entertained when someone managed to get him angry. She was glad to support Isa and stood like a statue as Kai spoke. Her smile faded slightly; though he was cute, he didn't seem all that interesting. What was this about bringing balance? The boy sure had a lot stuck in his head. He really needs to chill, she thought. The thought of chilling reminded her of the kingdom of Ice Elementians, and her smile faded yet a little more. I'll be back someday, she thought bitterly.

The bitter thoughts left as soon as they had come, however, when Isa did something Yuaki hadn't expected much more than Aketsu had; she leaned forward and gave Aketsu a quick kiss on the cheek. Yuaki grinned in anticipation of Aketsu's response, but quickly left with Isa (for she was sure that Isa didn't want to wait around for Aketsu to stammer something about how unworthy he was). As they walked away, Yuaki let out a content sigh; she knew it was immature, but she thrived on drama and action. It was just the way she was, and she didn't plan to change it any time soon.

"Thank you for back there Yuaki. I wouldn't have known what to have done... I am just thankful I didn't scream."

Yuaki grinned at Princess Isa. "Your welcome, it was no biggy. Honestly you handle yourself better than me; I would have screamed, even if I liked the guy." Yuaki smiled at the princess, hoping she didn't make it sound like she thought Isa was flirting with Aketsu or anything; Yuaki was quite certain the kiss was just a grateful kiss, and the thought of Isa 'flirting' in the way that most girls did was rather... well, it seemed 'low'.

"Did I.... Did.... did I really lose that badly?"

Yuaki frowned, studying Isa's face. "Actually, it wasn't that bad. You totally blasted her, and I couldn't believe how much light you concentrated to block her little tsunami! I was impressed, honestly. If there had been two of you fighting her, you would have had her; she had barely any control left at the end and would have been an easy target, in my humble opinion." She paused a moment, trying to be honest but not rude. "It's just emotions, girl, ya gotta control them. You had some good moves, but you let your guard down when you thought you had it won." Yuaki shrugged as they reached girls' chamber. "If it makes a difference, your father seemed disappointed with Noe but not with you at the end." At least, that was what it had looked like to Yuaki. Thinking of fathers and disappointment suddenly brought a frown to Yuaki, but she said nothing about it and held the door open for the princess.

She managed a small smile last minute. "Meh, forget about it anyway, you pawned. Let's get into some nice clothes, I'm starving!" Sometimes Yuaki would forget that she was more of a servant than a friend to Isa. She and Isa weren't hip-to-hip buddies, but Yuaki had a hard time seeing herself as far below her friend. She knew that Isa's command was law (under her father of course), but that didn't change the fact that--as Kai put it--Isa was still human.

Edited by LadyNatasha

Noe Amani

Noe looked around the room at the surprised faces before she walked to where her old bed was. Underneath a timber in there was an old dress that she had worn long ago, but it was far too short. "What am I going to do?" she said before she looked at the other servants who smiled at each other before walking out of the room. "What do you mean an emer- dear gods! That dress was a piece of art!" Exclaimed a man with flowing white hair that was tucked into a long Rapunzel like braid. "Oh child what have you done to this!" He said as he took a piece of cloth from her hands and realized it was part of the dress. "Ayame, it was Isa." Noe said then turned around showing the back of the dress. "That dratted child will never win over me! Your dress will be spectacular! I am seeing ribbons, gold and then maybe some green lace!" Noe chuckled slightly at the eccentric tailor and shook her head. "Something fit for dining with the king...I am sure that you will have many more orders." She said as she watched the others walking out of the fighting ring. "All of the students already have finery...but there is a new face that we haven't seen who needs some clothes." Ayame smiled and nodded as he walked around Noe before walking out of the room. Noe grinned at the servants around her as they all hugged her gently, avoiding the burn area.

Ayame Kuta - Tailor ((Natasha, he can be RP'd by either you or your brother for Kai to gain some king worthy clothes wink.gif ))

Leith and Nerio

Leith glanced back again and noticed that Luna hadn't really moved yet. He had seen her graduate the year before and had always thought that her abilities were incredible. "Luna? Are you coming to get ready? You were a student once right?" he said with a smile that bordered on a cheeky grin before he turned around and continued to wait for people to exit the arena. Nerio on the other hand, had already ridden a small plate of water to where his room was with the other boys and landed on the ground in a solid piece.

Isa

I would have screamed, even if I liked the guy.

The words made Isa wince. She had always enjoyed having Aketsu around as well as Yuaki, because they didn't treat her like child. They treated her as another human being, except Yuaki was more of a friend and Aketsu just worshiped her which was sometimes annoying. She wanted to know him like she kinda did Yuaki, but she knew that with the way that he acted around her, that that was going to be impossible.

"Actually, it wasn't that bad. You totally blasted her, and I couldn't believe how much light you concentrated to block her little tsunami! I was impressed, honestly. If there had been two of you fighting her, you would have had her; she had barely any control left at the end and would have been an easy target, in my humble opinion."

Two of me.... Isa thought and knew that she had a long ways to go to become the real Rainbow Child that everyone had hoped her to be. But honestly, she thought that everyone had forgotten and she had as well. But for some reason, she wanted to try again at being the Rainbow Child. "Thanks Yuaki." she said with a smile and didn't even realize that the other servants seemed disgusted with Yuaki at implying that she was going to dinner with Isa. "And you know what, you are coming to the main table with me today. And Yuaki..." Isa didn't know how to ask Yuaki without sounding sappy. Every way she tried it in her head, didn't seem to work. "I....dangit! I don't want to go without you! My dad wants me to go and travel with the others, but I don't want to go without you...it'll be incredibly boring." she added to make her sound less pathetic.

Marcus

Marcus wondered that if he threw the sword at the boy, he would show his powers or not. The Queen had suggested at some time that he had abilities, but he never showed them, nor did he have a what looked to be a complete mark. "Well, we are grateful for you coming and making the swords for us. Say, how about you and I spar for a moment? You know you have to know how to use the weapons that you make." He said with a laugh before also setting a bag of Whisperian gold on the ground next to the weapons.

Edited by LoveLost

VULCAN

"Eh...sure I'd love to," Vulcan murmured in response to the request for battle. Great, like I have a choice. God, I hate how good I am with weapons. I'm gonna have to let him make a moron of me to look legitimate. That'll probably involve injury. He put down his cane and grabbed a sword from the heap, quietly pocketing the money as he did, then stood with his legs wide, holding it at about waist length, slightly turned. Alright, fairly simple, blunt stance, ready for defense, but not great, yeah this'll do. Come at me, guy. I'm gonna get beat like never before. "Okay, you move first, sir. I'm ready for you. I'm not all that good, but I'm ready."

Akira

Akira nodded and said "Alright!" She then ran towards the Greenhouse. Once in though, she couldn't help but take a slower pace as she headed through the Greenhouse and all it's plants. She had always loved this place. She quickly snapped out of her daze, then ran down the isles till she found not only one plant that would help, but two! There was Aloe Vera and Lavendar. She quickly took out a small bowl and put it up to an Aloe leaf. She then carefully brought her finger across it, a clear gel coming off the leaf and into the bowl. She then took out an odd looking jar and wooden thing. She picked off a few of the flower clumps from the lavender and put them in the jar. She then smashed, and twirled the wooden thing in the jar till it was a salve. She smiled then put the wooden thing away, before picking up the Aloe bowl. She then ran towards Noe's room.

(All info on plants I got here)

--

Kilana

Kilana smiled as she simply jumped into the air, did a back flip, and landed about five feet away. Her fan actually fell down from the wall with a clatter since the excess lightning made the shuriken melt. Kilana smiled again, then jumped back the same way a few times till she made it to the wall. She picked up the fan then put them both away. She decided hand to hand combat would help. She ran forward, only to come up with another plan. She jumped into the air, and tried to place a hand on Skylar's head. She then sent some voltage through it, enough to knock her out for an hour if it worked. She then landed behind her, ready for a counter attack if it didn't work.

Skylar

Sky dodged Kilana's hand as it came near her forehead and tried to attack her by kicking out one of her feet to knock her off-balance. If that didn't work, she would try to come up with something else. In the meantime, she was going to wait to see if it worked. If she blocked her attack, then she would just have to attack her with something else. She knew that she couldn't attack her with her power since her electricity would just melt anything that she threw at her but maybe she could try to freeze her body so that she couldn't move; she would try that next if this attack didn't work and the attack after that.

Kilana expected the counter attack, and was quickly able to neutralize it. She ended up ducking under and attempted grabbing her leg, and not thinking didn't use her paralyze power, than ended up trying to trip her instead.

Skylar

Sky dodged the attempted trip attack before ducking down and then trying to freeze her leg and the rest of her body except her head. If that worked, then the fight would be over. If it didn't work, then she would try to figure out something else. For now, though, she hoped that this attack would work. She was starting to get a bit tired of the duel and wanted to end it but tried not to show just how tired she was by keeping it from her face, as well as her body.

Edited by Dragonpelt

~Yuaki~

((LoveLost, what color do you use for Isa's text? I can't seem to find it X3))

Yuaki realized a little too late that she had implied that she was going to eat with the king. Oops. She fidgeted a bit as the servants around her gave her a disapproving look, but she honestly had just been trying to cheer up Isa. I'm a servant, not a princess, she reminded herself.

"Thanks Yuaki." The words surprised Yuaki, and she turned away slightly to glance out a window. "Ah, don't mention it," she said. "And you know what, you are coming to the main table with me today. And Yuaki..." Yuaki looked at the princess with some surprise. She knew Isa wouldn't outright deny her the right to come to the table, but she had expect Isa to kindly hint that she wasn't invited. Isa's choice to invite her surprised her, as she had never eaten at the king's table. Now she really would have to find something nice to wear. For the moment, however, she paid attention to Isa. The princess seemed to be trying to say something, and Yuaki waited attentively. "I....dangit! I don't want to go without you! My dad wants me to go and travel with the others, but I don't want to go without you... it'll be incredibly boring."

Yuaki's jaw practically dropped to the floor, slowly but surely showing her surprise. She... she's inviting me to join her? To leave the life of an Academy servant and go on adventure?? To be her personal servant maybe??? Working at the Academy had been fun, but Yuaki had always had higher aspirations... ones she knew she couldn't logically complete while working at the Academy. Up to this point, she had simply planned to wait another year for something exciting and dangerous to happen at the Academy, not to go out and seek it! But seeking danger...

...Yuaki wanted to say yes to Isa. She wanted to go, and in fact knew that no matter how much she convinced herself to stay, in the end she would go. But now memories of her home, the one that she had left a year ago, came flashing back and Yuaki felt herself on the verge of tears... tears of joy, frustration, and bitterness. I can't let myself get so close to Isa, we're too different! And yet they were so similar. Each felt as though their father had failed them somehow, and each felt they had a burden on them--Isa was expected (by some, at least) to be the Rainbow Child, and Yuaki... well, various individuals had high expectations for her as well. Yet if anyone learned that Yuaki was a Shadow Elementian, she knew her life was over. Even if Isa somehow managed to get her life spared, she would live a miserable life under the constant watch of higher individuals, not allowed to ever use her element. Everything she did now was done so tediously, and she had always avoided close friendships for that very reason. No one had ever offered her something freely; she had always had to earn her way everywhere she went. And now, the Princess of Sola was offering a servant from Whisper a new adventure and a way of life she couldn't have possibly expected she would be offered in Sola. The chance to hunt down my own kind. Yuaki swallowed. It was so much opportunity, so much a chance to accomplish her dreams, but yet it wasn't the way she had planned things.

"P-princess Isa..." Yuaki tried to hide the fact that she had almost started crying by lowering her head, hiding her big eyes behind her blue hair. "Are... are you inviting me to join the graduates tomorrow on your quests for change?" Yuaki knew that was what Isa was doing, but she wanted to hear it again. She wanted to hear the acceptance she had craved for so many years, acceptance she had craved from anybody... while actually craving it from a certain somebody. Isa wasn't that somebody, but for Yuaki she would suffice for the time being.

Kai smiled back at Aketsu, "our words were equally out of place. I harbor no ill will against you. Consider us balanced." It was true, his outburst was apparently out of place with the social norms of where they were. Even so, Kai now understood that he.... most unfortunately... didn't know the first thing about the customs here, at least not like they had been explained to him before.

Kai followed after Aketsu on their way apparently to acquire clothing. "I haven't been outside the monastery in five years, now I've been sent on... a pilgrimage if you would call it that. Living too long at the monastery and learning balance ironically ends up unbalancing you towards the rest of the world. Therefore each monk undertakes a pilgrimage in order to bring balance to the area they are given and at the same time find balance in themselves."

Kai continued as they walked. "As the only other elemental in the monastery apart from the head monk, Master Tsume san. I was given the assignment of coming to the academy." Kai held up the letter that Master Tsume had given him. "This apparently will count as my graduation certificate. My task is to bring balance between the light alliance and the shadow alliance elementarians. A big job, probably will take me most of my life. After which of course I'll be an old geezer and probably go back and teach monks at the monastery like Master Tsume does now." Kai mused. His voice was full of happy notes and a rueful tune. A fine mess you've set me up for sempai... a fine mess indeed. I eagerly accept your challenge.

Edited by Rakashua

In the vast plains between Sola and Triton, sat a young man with a drawing book, and several pencils. The wind was blowing very smoothing, the tall grass curved and bend to it, with grace and elegance. He was drawing a picture, containing the moving grass, clouds and in the distance...his home, Aero. As he began to shadow some of the grass, he sighed softly. He had spent two hours here for a rest, to draw something. The scene was perfect, calm... peaceful. Finally, after finishing the very fine details of his drawing, he placed his signature on the lower right corner and closed the drawing book. He then hopped onto a wooden raft. It hovered slightly, infused with the element of wind, a gift from those who in the past were like him. Once he raised the sail, it began to pick up the wind and blew him towards the forest. He then sat down and relaxed, watching the clouds go by.

Tractus

Tractus was still on his way towards Sola, needing something that he couldn't quite voice. It just called to him, he didn't want to go, but his body was moving of its own accord. Something there was calling to his essence, and since, he had left Univerium to go to Sola. It had been three days since he had started this unexpected pilgramage towards Sola, barely stopping to eat, and once to sleep. He wanted to just turn around and go home. His body wouldn't let him, however, and so he was 4 miles from Sola. On the way, he saw a young man lift a wooden raft. He did not pause to study him, but was sure that he would meet him again.

((I use darkgoldenrod wink.gif ))

Isa

((This is Isa's dress))

Isa studied Yuaki's face and noted how many variations of surprise as well as different emotions flickered through her. It was odd to find someone that she found so strong, to suddenly have so many emotions. "Yes, I want you to come. Not as a servant to everyone, not as my personal servant, but as a human being who knows how to defend herself and can easily make it through anything." She said giving Yuaki a slight compliment. Yuaki had helped several times in perfecting her swordsmanship as well as what little she knew about hand to hand fights. It was usually impossible for her to win though which made her firm in her belief that Yuaki was going to be able to survive no matter what was thrown at her.

While she let Yuaki discover what her feelings were and provide an answer, she turned to her closet and pulled out a towel to dry herself off quickly. She also let the light that she had absorbed from earlier in the day, evaporate the rest of the water then quickly shut off the ability. From her closet, she pulled out a golden, decorated dress that she adored and had been made by Ayame, their tailor for the entire castle. The man was rather interesting but she loved how he handled her father. She looked back at Yuaki and frowned. "You need a dress." she said firmly and searched through her closet. She had had Ayame make a dress for this occasion in secret around a year before because she had never intended for Yuaki to stay at the castle at all. She pulled it out and placed the dress on the bed and pointed to it firmly. "THIS one, is yours." Her smile was wide as she stepped into her own dress and laced up the sides.

((Natasha, you can choose what the dress looks like smile.gif ))

Noe Amani

Noe looked back and noticed Akira with one of her lovely poultices. She smiled happily as she walked over to the girl and gave her a large hug that showed how grateful she was for the motion of kindess. She didn't care that flexing her back muscles in a hug hurt with the burn, all she cared was that Akira should know how happy she was. "Thank you Akira! You are the sweetest in the castle, you know that?" she said with a smile then frowned slightly. "Could you please help me with it?" she asked her and sighed in happiness as Akira gently smeared on the poultice which stung at first, but then soothed her burn. "Come on, you have to get dressed as well!" she said happily as she brought Akira with her back to where they stayed in the girls dorms. She quickly searched through Akira's closet for her and finally found a gorgeous dress that Ayame had made to embody young Akira's ability.

Marcus

Marcus smiled at the boy in front of him, there was far to much thinking going on to block something in him and he could notice that. There had been a few True Elementians that had tried to block their power from the Queen's will, but were soon either killed or forced to expose their ability. "It seems that you know how to stand" he muttered slightly before taking his own stance and glancing around to make sure that no one was looking. He didn't want this boy to be afraid if he did use his ability. He just hoped that the presiding Lord over the whole operation, a young man of 14 didn't see this either. He took a middle swing towards Vulcan and made sure that he didn't falter from his path.

((If I missed an interaction, please tell me!))

After an hour of travel, the forest was within walking distance. The young man smiled softly as he rubbed the sand out of his eyes and sat upright to lower the sail slightly. Eventually, the raft stopped just shy of the young trees. Once it stopped, he took the sail off and wrapped it, placing it inside his sidepack along with his tools and drawing book. His cloak was still covering him head to toe, and underneath his clothing was the bracelet covering his birthmark. He didn't need to be discovered in the heart of the Light Alliance. It would still be another hour of walking to get to Sola, but he felt it was going to be worth it, after all...how long had it been since the 'great artist' Loren Tyrst arrived in Sola? Smiling softly at such comments, he began to walk through the forest to Sola.

Noe Amani

With the burn quickly fading away, Noe was able to help Akira to get into her dress and do her hair. It was fun really to help another person again and the dress looked beautiful on the young girl. "You are so pretty Akira!" she said with a happy smile then turned around as Ayame entered the room while he was panting. "Noe! You cannot change the room you are in...I Panicked!" he said his long braid whipped around his neck in his hate. He took a step in and straightened his clothes out before looking at Noe with a smile. "I have already made young Akira's dress and all of the others and I see she is wearing it. You look lovely young Akira!" he said and gently kissed her hand and smiled warmly at her. He then turned to Noe and looked at her back with a surprised face. "Ah, the work of a healer I presume?" he asked Noe who shook her head with a slight giggle. "Nope. Akira did that." Ayame twirled around and bowed low to Akira. "Of course, I shouldn't have mistaken the natural work of a Plant Elementian." He said then clapped his hands twice. Two other servants walked in and placed a packed on the bed and motioned for Noe to open the package. Ayame peered over her shoulder in his excitement to see what she would think of the dress.

At first, Noe was awed with the feel of the fabric, and as she pulled the dress out further, her smile grew. "It is silver! Oh Ayame! It is beautiful!" She said happily then looked at him and hugged him gently. "Every Elementian should have an outfit that embodies what they are both inside and out as well as what they control...that's why those two twins have such odd outfits." he said with a sigh.

Noe quickly changed into this dress and twirled around looking like a young girl on New Years Day. She let her hair down from its usual mostly up hair do and watched in a mirror the obsidian locks slipped past her waist just above her buttocks. She did her hair so that it framed her face and part of her hair was in front and part in back. Luckily for her, and unluckily in some ways, her hair was rather voluminous and thick.

She turned back to Akira and Ayame with the dress in perfect position, small gray flats on her feet and her hair done and her body clean after a un-mentioned bath. "How does it look?" she asked them with a nervous smile.

~Aketsu~

"Our words were equally out of place. I harbor no ill will against you. Consider us balanced." Aketsu's reply as a smile and a nod, though he didn't quite get why the noble monk kept talking about 'balance' and such. Was it that important? Aketsu's interest was raised, but not enough that he felt compelled to ask. It wasn't as though he cared about balancing the universe, after all. Thus Aketsu led Kai towards the area where the lad could get some decent clothing for dining with a king. Aketsu hadn't been ignorant to Yuaki's flirtatious expressions she had given to the monk, and so he decided to find Kai something that wouldn't attract more attention from the overly-headstrong-strangely-giggly-overall-weird-almost-scary weapon assistant. The only reason Aketsu had never bothered with 'getting back' at Yuaki was because it seemed Princess Isa perhaps appreciated Yuaki's presence. Aketsu swallowed and felt himself flushing slightly at the thought of Princess Isa. She had kissed him. Him, of all people! Of course it was only gratitude, he kept telling himself, and if I let it get to my head I could be distracted next time she is in danger. I cannot let feelings get in front of her safety.

"I haven't been outside the monastery in five years, now I've been sent on... a pilgrimage if you would call it that. Living too long at the monastery and learning balance ironically ends up unbalancing you towards the rest of the world. Therefore each monk undertakes a pilgrimage in order to bring balance to the area they are given and at the same time find balance in themselves."

Aketsu looked carefully at Kai. He seemed quite pleased with his 'pilgrimage' if not still a little confused. Five years cooped up in a monastery.... As Kai spoke, Aketsu found himself smiling slightly as he wondered exactly how the monks chose new members. To him, Kai just didn't act like the 'monk' type. Then again, Aketsu had never met a monk and had simply placed a stereotype on them. "That's very interesting," he said quietly as they reached the boys' quarters.

"As the only other elemental in the monastery apart from the head monk, Master Tsume san, I was given the assignment of coming to the academy." Kai held up a letter, and Aketsu studied it. "This apparently will count as my graduation certificate. My task is to bring balance between the light alliance and the shadow alliance elementarians. A big job, probably will take me most of my life. After which of course I'll be an old geezer and probably go back and teach monks at the monastery like Master Tsume does now."

Kai sounded all too happy about his job, but Aketsu found it quite interesting. Bring balance between the alliances? Hah, no wonder he doesn't seem like the monk type; the monks probably sent him here to get rid of him! This was not a negative thought towards Kai (not coming from Aketsu, at least), it was simply amusing to Aketsu that the seemingly content person before him had been sent on an impossible mission. Aketsu turned to get clothes for the monk, but he spoke as he did. His voice was quiet and mocking, though Aketsu didn't mean it to be; unless Aketsu paid attention to his voice, it always sounded either mocking, overconfident or challenging. "And what if someone else completes your task before you? What will you do then?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Yuaki~

~Blue Dress~ ((not quite so short in the front though))

"Yes, I want you to come. Not as a servant to everyone, not as my personal servant, but as a human being who knows how to defend herself and can easily make it through anything." Yuaki swallowed, excitement building up. A human being. She wants me to go as a fellow fighter! Against... my own kingdom... but no, I have to do this. Things aren't how they used to be, after all. Yuaki buried some of her more mixed emotions and smiled brightly. "I would be glad to come with. I will take my best weapons!" Yuaki watched with the smile still on her face as Isa brought out a beautiful golden dress made by the tailor, Ayame. Yuaki had to admit, Ayame had excellent taste.

"You need a dress." Yuaki opened her mouth to say that she had dresses, but they were all simple and plain and she realized that she really did need a dress. She loved dresses, which she readily would acknowledge was her greatest weakness; if she could fight in dresses all day, she would. Still, to wear one of Isa's dresses? "Any dress will do, I just--"

Yuaki stopped to gawk as Isa pulled out an elaborate yet simple, beautiful blue dress. "THIS one, is yours." Isa's voice was so firm that Yuaki knew she didn't even have the chance to protest... and she didn't want to. Blue was her absolute favorite color, and the dress was just perfect. It looked like it was made for her, and as she slowly held it up to herself she realized it was; it was perfectly sized to fit her. "Thank you," she said as she felt over the soft fabric. "This is perfect!" Giggling like she had earlier, Yuaki quickly but carefully began to get into the dress. Putting on such a nice dress reminded her of her childhood days, which had been so happy and carefree..."Hey, can I do your hair? Pleeease?" Yuaki had always been fascinated with Isa's rainbow hair and had always wanted to braid just the rainbow part and leave the rest flowing, or perhaps tie the rainbow strands up into a bun and leave the rest free. She gave Isa puppy-dog eyes as she continued excitedly getting into the beautiful dress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Putting Jahan's intro on next post))

Edited by LadyNatasha

Tractus

After 15 minutes of brisk walking, he had gotten to the edge of a forest. Strange. I didn't know that Sola, the city of Light, was in a forest... he thought as he started off again. For a solid hour or two, he trekked through the dense forest, feeling nothing but the aching desire to get to Sola. On his way, though, he met the man he saw in the plains. He had no desire to speak to him, so he kept as quiet as he could.

After about another hour of walking, he came upon a castle's courtyard. He was a little spooked by this, but he steeled himself to enter the castle. It was here. He could feel it; it was somewhere upstairs. WHAM! He heard something hard hit a wall. He rushed upstairs as fast as he could. He needed to find the cause of the slam, and who was calling him so ardently.

Edited by gistofeverything

((Luna's cane has already been returned to her, but I'll find a way to work it into this post. You won't need to edit, gist.))

Luna started to walk away from the others, noting their eagerness to go to the lunch with the King. Such an opportunity was not common everyday practice, even for the students. It would be a grand opportunity for them. Luna's cane tapped a metronome rhythm on the floor as she began to walk down the hall again. Her thoughts tumbled into an array of questions. Who was this Kaimaru guy? Was he safe? Well, he had been kind enough to return her cane to her. The disguised weapon wasn't cheap, and Luna knew someone of lesser standards could have easily taken it. It wasn't like she would speak up to get it back in the first place; she was much too quiet to be able to do that. She slowly let her telepathy turn back on, allowing first a radius of twenty feet before letting it spread to where she could hear the thoughts of everyone in the building. They voices hummed in the back of her mind, snatches of words and phrases bubbling to the surface only to be pushed aside by lack of interest. It was really for her own safety that she even put it on. She always monitored for malicious thoughts when she was alone, and so far nobody had thought anything suspicious.

Luna paused, her cane tapping one last time on the floor with the finality of a conductor dropping his baton. There was a voice in there that she had heard only a few times before, and even then it had been with much caution and supervision from her father. He had questioned her relentlessly about the voices she heard at home; the thoughts of others were a valuable thing to him even though Luna had yet to understand why. This particular voice had always been at the fringe of her range, barely audible, like a whisper. Luna had never told her father about this one because she knew the moment she started explaining what was going on her father would become angry. She knew this boy was more powerful than she and had much more control than her without all the proper schooling. He would have made Luna look like even more of disgrace if she had ever mentioned who and what he was. He was Luna's own mental threat. She began to thumb her cane nervously, trying to think of alternate routes around this boy when her cane flew out of her hand again, slamming into a wall the second time that day. She cringed and backed up against the wall. Great. Any Space Elementian with at least an ounce of sense would have noticed that a mile away. She could already hear the closing footsteps of the boy rushing up the stairs. There was certainly no way for her to run now, especially when she knew her own power would hold that stupid cane against the wall until she calmed down. She started to take slow breaths, willing her nerves to relax. Maybe she could get out of here just before the boy arrived.

After what seemed like hours of walking, Loren finally reached the village before the castle, hopefully he'll be able to make some money and leave without anybody realizing who he was. He took a seat by the fountain and began to browse through his drawings. A cute rodent eating a flower, the scenery and the most recent drawing, the distant city of Aero above the plains. Soon enough, someone managed to get a peak at his drawings. It was a young girl, and her mother, they had sat on the bench without him noticing.

"Wow mister, your a good drawer" She said, with a big smile on her face. Her mother quietly told her not to disturb him. He turned towards them and shook his head.

"It...your not disturbing me" He said, his voice quiet and gentle. Underneath his hood, his eyes lit up slighly. "If...if your mother is-is okay with it...I could draw both of you..." He said, ready to backpedal if they refused. The girl looked at her mother, with a begging look in her eyes.

"Can we? Canwecanwecanwe!?" She asked, excited about the idea. The mother sighed and said "...Oh alright..."

After Loren got off the bench, he began to draw them, the girl on her mother's lap with a beaming smile. After thirty minutes, he had finished a pencil drawing, and began to shade more and more. After another ten minutes, the drawing was done. He ripped the paper from the book and gave it to them. "here it is..." He said with a small smile on his face. The both of them were impressed with the drawing. "Its really good!" She said, almost shouting with approval.

"Thank you...its free, so don't worry" said Loren, before getting up and stretching his arms. Soon enough a small crowd was paying attention to Loren, deciding if they too wanted a drawing as well.