DragonGirl10188

Dragon's Lair

A ray of the sun light filtered through the windows of Rie's room, awakening her from her slumber. She groggily woke up and looked around the room, and later directed her gaze at the small pile of blankets she had put the egg she stole yesterday. It was an egg with a thin shell, endowed with swirls around it. She went over and traced her finger lightly on the surface She felt the warmth and the rapid heartbeat of the egg. "A female, aren't you?" she said with a fond smile.

After showering, she put on a dress, a lilac-coloured knee-length dress she had brought from her home. She tied her long hair up in two long pigtails down her back. She later put the little egg carefully in a little bag that she slung up her shoulder. She then went downstairs as instructed by the note in her room, to find the person name Triana.

Rie found herself in a company of a few people, and she walked over to them, politely introducing herself with a cheerful smile. "Hi there... I'm Rie."

Eiserne watched silently. The woods appeared silent, aside from the movements from the eggs, eager to hatch. She wondered what they would look like when they hatch and successfully grow up to adulthood. The young girl kept her eagle eyes vigil for any muggets, wondering if they were brave enough to try and steal the eggs.

Melody turned to girl that just came. She introduced herself as Rie and Melody smiled. She liked the girl already, probably because of her polite tone. "Hi. Im Melody. Nice to meet you." She said, politely dipping her head in greeting. She felt little egg in her arms shake and she smiled even more when she heard a little shirp from it. She opened her arms a bit to see a tiny crack in egg.

Edited by dreamgirl5

Rie returned the same gesture as the girl named Melody greeted her. She noticed the egg Melody had giving a little squeak and a little crack is visible on the surface of the egg. "Oh,it wants to hatch already?" she said with a warm smile. "Mine still insists on staying inside," she paused a bit to show Melody the Swallowtail egg she had inside the bag she carries "but she'll hatch up soon...right,Chii?" she said with a small giggle.

Edited by azurewingsofwind

Zack hoisted his backpack further up and walked out the door, heading for the stables. He wondered what kind of dragon they'd ride. A terrae? A harvester? He picked up his pace, eager to find out.

Melody gently huggeed the egg that was now shaking even more. From time to time it would let out a low chirp. "Heh, I can't wait for it to hatch." She said to Rie, still looking at yellow egg. Then she turned her head to egg that girl holded inside the bag. She just smiled, showing that she also thinks it will hatch soon. "Chii?" She asked. "Nice. It suits a swallowtal." She said, turning her head back to egg that she holded in her arms. "She'll be Ashta." She added, more to herself.

Caleb listened as she explained about herself, about how she fled after 'she' died, which Caleb assumed to be her mother. He also learned that it was the poorer girls that acted like her, which, when he thought about it made sense. As soon as they were in the forest, Kya started to unpack. He didn't react to Kya's joke, mostly because it wasn't a very good one. Once he got the blankets out, he noticed Maya climbing out of the backpack and heading for the blankets. She was sleeping when she lost the heat of the blankets. When asked to get stones for the fire, he nodded as he went into the forest, and brought back 8, medium sized stones. He placed them around the fire, creating a circle.

He grabbed his lunchbag and pulled out all four pieces of the salted, seasoned char and began to eat them. He nearly shed a tear, they were so good. He threw a piece to Maya, who ate it up before going back to sleep.

Edited by Lore_Master

(Um ok so all of us is going on a misson to rescue some eggs from muggets correct?)

Dillon followed the group and felt a shift in her bag. She looked inside and saw that there was a crack in her egg that extended considerably down it and heard a small chirp.

"Any minute now..."

She muttered.

(( Besides Caleb and Kya; so yep ))

Kya blinked while blushing. She picked up the stones and threw them into the fire. "When we go to sleep, they'll warm up our body. It gets below freezing out here" She sighed, looking over at her hatchling. "Astra... Hmm.. What do you think?" She asked her, it chirped and stared up with wide, big, brown eyes. Kya stared back, and eventually gave in. "Astrana? Yep! An ancient name, unusual, but cute. Hmm. There! Your names Astrana, or Astra" She smiled, stroking its head. She yipped again and stared at the ground. Kya threw a cookie and it was soon swallowed. "Good girl".

(( Heh, when I typed Good Girl, my sister said "Good girl" to our dog. ))

Maya was too tired to even bother to play with Caleb, or rather she wasn't interested right now. Preserving her body heat and resting were her biggest concerns. "Good, the deer should be coming out right about now." Said Caleb as he got up and took out his crossbow and finished his second piece of fish. "I'm going to follow the creek, and see what I can find. If I don't return within an hour, it'll be because I somehow got lost. If that happens, don't leave the camp to find me, I'll find my way back in the morning." Explained Caleb as he got up, stroked Maya once then began to follow the nearby creek into the dark forest.

((Heh

And what did Caleb do that caused Kya to blush? He didn't even say anything blink.gif ))

Edited by Lore_Master

(( I-I don't know. I'm tired and just need to add more to my posts u.u.

Maybe 'caz she's starting to 'like-like' him? He's different, thats what she knows.

Sorry my posts are so sloppy right now. And If I disappear, I'm going to the library, over due books I finally found. /shot ))

Kya nodded in response and sighed, looking at the fire lurching up the wood chips. Astra was cuddling up next to it on Caleb's sleeping bag. "You know he'll get you off when he gets back" She sighed, stroking her head. She looked up then put her head back down. "Your a cutie" She muttered, taking some mango from her sandwich and eating it. She gave some to her hatchling and watched the fire.

((Well considering they just met this morning, don't be surprise if Caleb doesn't have similar thoughts))

As Caleb followed the creek, his thoughts returned to his boyhood, when he used to hunt with his father. "Game always go to a place where water is easily accessible." The words of his father echoed in his head. Sure enough, a young deer cautiously approached the larger part of the creek and began to drank from it. It was a male, and it was starting to grow its horns. "Loaded the crossbow slowly and silently". The train of thought continued as Caleb loaded the crossbow and pointed it at the deer. "You only get one shot, if you miss its all over". Caleb aimed it clean for its head, then pulled the trigger. Before the deer could even react, it fell to the ground...with a bolt in its head. Caleb wasted no time and began to cut the deer for its meat, the animals in the forest will claim the remains.

(( Yah ))

Kya sighed and flopped into a lying position. She stared up at the stars holding up the moon, glowing brilliantly. "It's so pretty" She told herself, shuffling to the fire.

Once the meat was cut, Caleb decided to follow the creak back to the campfire. There was one slight problem with that... The forest got darker, and he couldn't find the bolt that he placed to mark the way point. He decided to stop, and close his eyes. The sounds of the forest came alive. Bugs making their calls, an owl hooting...and for a second, a faint crackle of a fire. He began to make his way through the forest in the direction of the sound. Eventually, a glow could be seen in the darkness. With a giant push, he entered back into the campground. He didn't say anything as he began to use the fire to dry the meat, it would have to do since he forgot to bring salt.

Rie smiled at Melody. "Thanks, Ashta is a lovely name too..." she said. She then turned to Trisha. "Umm... I have an assignment I need to do, right?" she asked her cautiously, being not entirely sure of what to do.

Melody smiled to Rie and nodded. She looked at little egg. The crack was much bigger now and small chirps were coming out more often. She giggled exitedly. Then she looked up at Trisha. "Yes, we should get assignment, right?" She asked, just a bit confused. Just then she heard a louder chirp and a little yellow head poked out from egg. Melody squirmed exitedly. "What I have to do?" She asked, alarmed that something could happen to little hatchling. She slowly placed the egg on desk, holding her arms protectively around it.

Edited by dreamgirl5

Rie's eyes sparkle with excitement as the pygmy pushed its way out of its egg. "Ah! It hatched already..." squealed Rie. A moment later and a loud crack sounded from inside the bag Rie is carrying. She opened it and a little squeak is heard. There, amidst the scattering of egg shells, lies the little double-tailed hatchling. "Mine had hatched too!" said Rie excitedly as she gently caressed the head of the hatchling.

Edited by azurewingsofwind

((Whoa. I missed kind of a lot... Sorry guys. ^^'))

Tyme shrugged when the woman asked how many were in their group. She looked around at the many people that were starting to gather around them. When Zack started walking off, she decided to follow. Anyone on the mission would come as well.

As they went outside, she walked around, searching for the stables. As a boy behind her spoke out, she turned to him. "He probably does." She laid a hand over the hatchling's back and he pouted. "No! You have to stay here! Gosh you're feisty!" She sighed. Looking up to hear a faint roar in the distance and assumed that was it. She smiled, That was easy, she thought. She pointed to the building, "I think that's it. Let's go!" She took off running, careful of the Horse hatchling in her arms.

Edited by mickiloo97

Zack jogged after Tyme, being careful not to jostle the egg around in his backpack too much. He wished it would hurry up and hatch. Maybe a hatchling would be easier to carry around. He pushed the door open to the stables and walked in. There were many different dragons. Terraes, Embers, Harvesters, and many more.

Tyme smiled as Zack started after her. When they entered the stables, she looked around. There were many breeds of dragons in different stalls of different sizes. She bit her lip. "I wonder where Pete is?" She stepped around, searching for the man. "Pete?"

Rie's eyes sparkle with excitement as the pygmy pushed its way out of its egg. "Ah! It hatched already..." squealed Rie. A moment later and a loud crack sounded from inside the bag Rie is carrying. She opened it and a little squeak is heard. There, amidst the scattering of egg shells, lies the little double-tailed hatchling. "Mine had hatched too!" said Rie excitedly as she gently caressed the head of the hatchling.

Melody looked exitedly at her hatchling. Ashta got out from shell completely now and she took her in her palm. "She's so cute!!" She said, her eyes shining. Then she turned to Rie and her hatchling who just hatched."Your's is cute too." She exclaimed. "But Ashta is cuter!" She repeated, almost squeaking with exitment. Little hatchling in her arms looked at her an chirped and Melody put her back on table. Ashta rolled on her back, taking egg shell in her tiny paws and eating it.

((Whoa. I missed kind of a lot... Sorry guys. ^^'))

Tyme shrugged when the woman asked how many were in their group. She looked around at the many people that were starting to gather around them. When Zack started walking off, she decided to follow. Anyone on the mission would come as well.

As they went outside, she walked around, searching for the stables. As a boy behind her spoke out, she turned to him. "He probably does." She laid a hand over the hatchling's back and he pouted. "No! You have to stay here! Gosh you're feisty!" She sighed. Looking up to hear a faint roar in the distance and assumed that was it. She smiled, That was easy, she thought. She pointed to the building, "I think that's it. Let's go!" She took off running, careful of the Horse hatchling in her arms.

Vita ran after them holding his own egg. It was still moving way more then normal. Step step step egg jerked, step step step another jerk. "Not now." he muttered as it jerked yet again. Then a way harder jerk and a loud crack sounded from the egg as a crack was suddenly there. "Guess your coming out anyway." he sighed and slowed down and went to a walk. Holding the egg looking at the crack. It was not leaking anything and movement was still happening. At least he knew it was alive fro sure.

Rie let out a small giggle. "Well, I guess that's true, yours is tiny, but very cute." said Rie. She then watched as Chii started nibbling on her own eggshell as well. "Looks like Chii's hungry... Is it okay to let her eat the shells?" asked Rie.

Zack glanced around the stables. The building was very large so he figured it might take a while to find Pete. He heard something further back in the building so he headed that way, wondering what dragon they would ride.

"Well, I just assigned all of you to a group mission. Go to the stables with Zack" Triana blinked.

(( It's Triana, not Trisha ))

=====================================================

Blue ignored him coming down back to camp. She pulled the water bottle from her pocket and put it in a metal container then threw it into the fire. "Ever had soup?".

=====================================================

Pete heard someone come in. He stepped out from one of the stables with an injured horse dragon and sighed. "You must be Zack" He smiled and lead him outside. In a pasture there were land dragons roaming. The pasture was 2 miles wide and long. "Charlie is available for riding" He smiled, pointing to a scrawny little male mint surrounded by other land dragons; getting all the attention. He opened the gate and called Charlies name. He yipped and ran over. He was the size of a small pony and easily ridable. "Do you like him?" He asked them looked over at a bulky male water walker stepping around alone. "Yanis!" Pete yelled and he came over in a few elegent steps.

"Theres also Dahlila, a Terrae female" One by one he called the dragons that were better for riding. Smiling he looked over. "Which one do you want?"

(( The choices are:

Charlie, a mint. Scrawny but fairly fast. He can easily keep up with faster dragons if he needs to.

Yanis, a water walker. A bulky guy with elegant steps. He may seem as if he is slow, but every step is five meters.

Dahlila, a tarrae. She is the fastest of the females and has a habit to steal food and sometimes run away for awhile then come back. Very adventurous.

Carik, a magma. Mostly for unexperienced riders. He easily gets irrated though, and will throw a fuss by not following commands. Though he is never harmful.

Silver, a silver. Silver is a silver to her name. She is an air dragon aswell, but because of a broken bone in her tail and a permantley pulled muscle she can only run. It doesn't hurt though. She is very speedy.

Perian, a mint. Perian is a small little mint. He is quite slow but trustworthy and helpful.

Sayni, a water walker. Sayni is the only water walker female, like Yanis is the only male water walker. She is stubborn but loving once you get to know her.

Valan, black sweetling. Valan can be aggressive and hurtful, but the fastest dragon here by far. He is rare and the only sweetling.

Thats all. ;3. ))