TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

((Sure? We can assume that Pike never changed his view, got mad, and left to bed early without getting his wounds checked.))

((Okay~)) "Cloudfoot, Firestrike, Buzzardclaw, and Pikeclaw, go remark the borders." Venomstrike was perched on a flat slab of rock, making border patrols. The hunting patrol had just came back, and so... she figured that the borders should be placed. "Buzzardclaw, I want you to lead it. Make sure there isn't any rogues or loners around- if there are, drive them away. But don't go so quickly into battle." she turned and leapt off the rock, padding to Yewstar's den and waiting outside. "I sent out a border patrol, Yewstar."

Pikeclaw obeyed instantly. His anger from the previous night was subdued and now he was once more happy as he normally was. He ran to Cloudfoot, pouncing on his sibling. "Get up! Patrol time! Come on! Wake up! It'll be fun! Let's go!" He yowled loudly in his ear. "Come on!" He jumped away from Cloudfot, shooting through the camp to look for someone else to wake up.

Yewstar looked up at Venomstrike. He stood up stiffly. Scowling, he groaned. "That really did a number on me. Almost has me believing that I might be getting too old for this," He laughed. Of course he wasn't. He was middle-aged now. He looked at Venomstrike, purring. "Now, these new warriors. Who are they? I've never met them before. Yellowstar must have given them their warrior names. Oh, and your kits. How are they?" He asked, remembering that she had been pregnant when he had been ran out of RiverClan.

Cloudfoot was dreaming happily, curled up in his nest. He was chasing after a butterfly, and then- a yowl sounded in his ears. He jumped up to his feet, eyes wild as he saw his brother dashing out of the den. He followed, aiming to bat at his tail and yowling after him as well. "You nearly burst my eardrums!" he cried. Venomstrike sat down and laughed, flicking an ear. "You still have many, many seasons left in you, Yewstar." she purred, pride glowing in her eyes. "You remember Tunnelheart, right? He died at the paws of a ShadowClan warrior." she smiled. "Those new warriors are my kits. Cloudfoot, Pikeclaw, Stormheart, Drizzlefrost, and Froststripe."

Pikeclaw was too fast for his brother to hit him, and had no clue that he had even tried to hit his tail. The young tom, finding no one else to bother who was on the patrol, ran back to Cloudfoot. "Come on! We've got our first patrol! Laying around like an Elder... Tsk, you should be ashamed of yourself! You're a warrior now! Jump up and let's get a move on, okay?"

Yewstar appeared quite surprised. He remembered Tunnelheart, of course he did. He could never forget the injustice of ShadowClan. He dipped his head momentarily, respectful to the dead tom's memory. "Five kits? Well, they must have been quite a handful," He walked out of the den to where he could see the Clan moving. In particular, the young warrior from last night who had been angry with him. "What is the name of that tom?" He asked, motioning to Pikeclaw's running form.

Cloudfoot was amazed at Pikeclaw's speed, and had to sit down to catch his breath. The other tabby tom ran back to him, making his green eyes wide as he called him an elder. He jumped to his feet and aimed to bowl him to the ground, yowling with playfullness as he aimed to bat at his ears as well. "You're like a kit!" he called. "Or maybe even a mouse! You run too fast! It makes me wonder how ThunderClan can catch them!" Venomstrike padded out into the open as well, looking towards Yewstar's motion. She blinked slowly. "Oh, that's Pikeclaw. He's my second born. Cloudfoot's my first. They look very much alike." she looked at Yewstar and blinked slowly. "Are you still angry at him about yesterday?" she questioned.

Yewstar shook his head, smiling as he saw Cloudfoot knock over Pikeclaw. The younger tom kicked at his brother, laughing. Yewstar looked at Venomstrike. "No. He was misled by Yellowstar's twisted words. Besides," He heard Pikeclaw yowl happily at his brother. "He seems to have gotten over it." Pikeclaw rolled onto his back, laughing. "At least I'm not cranky when I wake up!" He yowled happily. It was then that a tall, brown cat entered the camp. The tom appeared to be tired, and he limped slightly, but his eyes were fixed on Yewstar. "Yew! Have you seen Bear?"

"I'm not cranky!" Cloudfoot yowled back, leaping off his brother and shaking out his fur, laughing. "Well... I guess I was, but would you be cranky if someone came and yowled into your ear when you were sleeping?" "He'll soon forget about Yellowstar," Venomstrike mewed to Yewstar. "Don't worry about him. He wouldn't hurt a fly." she turned toward Cloudfoot and Pikeclaw. "Guys, I told you to go on patrol! Not play around like kits!" all of a sudden, a tom entered camp. Venomstrike, being slightly paranoid, raised her hackles before blinking. "Moose!" she went up to him, flicking her tail. Her eyes were saddened and she pushed her nose into his fur. "Bear is dead..."

Nightpaw blinked her eyes open, stretching herself out. She winced as her leg throbbed, and found it hard to stand up. Her eyes hard with pain, she limped into the back where all of the herbs were located, and quickly changed the binding, tossing the old, bloodsoaked leaf into a hole and covering it back up with earth. Afterwards, the crossed the den to Brightwish. "Brightwish? Tonight is Halfmoon, right? I'm not entirely sure I can travel to the Moonpool. My leg..." Her voice trailed off and she glanced at her mentor hopefully.

--

Firestrike yawned and stood up when he heard Cloudfoot and Pikeclaw yowling. "Can't a cat get any sleep around here?" he joked. As he started to wash himself, he realized he was called for a border patrol, and quickly hopped out of his nest, heading towards the center of the camp. He glanced around and saw Moose enter the camp and ask about Bear. Firestrike lowered his head, remembering that Bears body was one of the cats he had seen last night lying around the camp.

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

Buzzardclaw nodded at the request. It was reasonable, and he was itching to go out. The cats he was going with weren't his first choice, but they certainly weren't his last choice either. "Alright then, kits. Let's stop playing and head out!" he meowed, snickering as the young cats brawled playfully. "You're warriors now. Us warriors never act so undignified and kit-like," he said sternly, feigning severity as he suddenly ran towards them, aiming to lightly cuff Pikeclaw's ear. "We don't ever hit in our clan. You should know that by now," he added, accentuating a nod while grinning.

Pikeclaw squirmed away from Cloudfoot and jumped at Buzzardclaw. "You're one to talk! Come here you!" Yewstar watched as Moose walked into the camp. His heart sank. The black tom walked to where Moose was and sat in front of him. "Bear was killed last night. He went to StarClan. He now hunts in Silverpelt, and will always watch over you." Moose's legs gave out. He fell to the ground, laying in the dirt and pressing his face into his paws, trying to hide his despair from the Clan cats. "What are we supposed to do now?" He mewed in a very kit-like fashion. Yewstar took this to his advantage. He walked forward. "You could join RiverClan."

Buzzardclaw chuckled and lept away from the incoming cat. "Alright, alright. Let's go, then! Hurry up!" he yowled, starting towards the camp entrance. "Ready all? Ready?" Buzzardclaw asked, still in a good happy-go-lucky contagious mood. He wondered if they'd get any action while they were out. After all, a few rogues might be a little angry and make some trouble. That would make the day interesting, but Buzzarclaw hoped no such thing would happen, after all, there were a few youngsters here.

Venomstrike lowered her head as she saw Moose's reaction. It was so sad. All of a sudden, a white she cat padded in as well, her fur bristling. "Bear is... dead?" the once cold and bitter she cat fell to the ground and wailed as well. "Why?! It wasn't his time to die... why StarClan why?!" Venomstrike frowned a little and stared at Yewstar, pressing against him. "Should we really let them join?" she asked.

Yewstar bristled slightly. He moved away from Venomstrike's side and looked at the two Loners in front of him. "I would never turn my friends away when they need me," Moose was gathering himself. He shuffled to Winter's side and pressed his nose comfortingly to her shoulder. "He is happy now. He wouldn't want us to mourn like this," Moose turned to look at Yewstar once more. "I-I... You would do that for us, Yew?"

Pikeclaw took off in front of Buzzardclaw. He wasn't about to let the other cat lead the way. Rogues would be all over the place and he wanted to be the first to sink his teeth into their mangy fur.

Firestrike snickered as Pikeclaw ran ahead. "You'll have your paws full trying to get him to realize you're leading this patrol," he joked. "He's eager, at least..." As Firestrike finished his sentence, he raised his nose, sniffing the air with a slightly worried look. "Rouges. At least five of them. Not too fresh, it seems to be from yesterday at the earliest, but we should stay on the lookout."

This irritated Buzzardclaw. "Pikeclaw, behind me. I'm the experienced one here and I was chosen to lead the patrol," he said, keeping his voice calm as he now stepped quickly in front of the other cat. He then turned to Firestrike. "I'm the head of the patrol and he will learn that," he snorted, determined to be the leader. "Mmm. Nothing fresh, I agree. Let's see further along the border. The scent seems to be stronger there," Buzzardclaw meowed, his green eyes narrowing to slits.

Mouse had never left the camp, and now she looked upon Winter with disdain. "Everyone loses someone in battle. This is no time to mourn, this is time to show everyone else just how strong we are. Because if we show our fear and sadness, in the end, Yellowstar will have won," she meowed, her voice now having a grating rasp to it. It was true, Bear had been a life long friend, but what Mouse had said was true, in a strange twisted way if you thought very hard about it. "Moose, I'm sorry. But Winter... she has no excuse..." she growled. Mouse, if you remember, had never really liked Winter, and in fact almost always bristled when she was around. So she held no sympathy for the other she-cat.

Venomstrike blinked with respect when Yewstar pulled away, nodding. "Yes, Yewstar. I agree with that. Moose and Winter are great cats, and they will be great warriors." she shivered. "Well... what do you think, Moose and Winter? We will accept you into the Clan, and we'll be happy to have you as warriors of RiverClan." "Really?" Winter's tear filled eyes widened. "Really? We can stay..?" she looked at Moose, purring with happiness. "Should we join?" she heard Mouse's voice, making her bristle. "What's your problem?! We're a family, and we should act like that!" Cloudfoot's ears flattened a little, blinking. His brother was going to get in trouble... "Pikeclaw, come back!" he called.

Pikeclaw trudged back slowly. He was deliberately coming slowly. No use in obeying happily. He frowned and stuck his tongue out at Buzzardclaw. "If you didn't move so slow, we'd be able to get rid of any stray Rogues and be back home in time to sun." He muttered.

Moose looked at Mouse and he looked back to Winter. He was torn. He had to choose between leading the Loners and joining the Clan cats. His eyes turned to Mouse and he walked towards her slowly. "Mouse, with Bear dead... Who is going to keep the Loner's Gatherings going? I'm too young, they'd never respect me, but you... They know you, they've seen you fight. You were Bear's right hand cat. Will you...?"

Yewstar watched the Loners silently. They had to decide what to do on their own. All he could do was offer them a home. Venomstrike didn't seem to be angered by his choice, and he appreciated that. "Venomstrike, let them talk it out. If they wish to join, they will let us know. If they prefer their lives how they are now, then they will decline." He said calmly. He felt graced with wisdom that, until just a few moons ago, he would have never thought he was capable.

Mouse nodded. "Of course. Being a clan cat wouldn't suit me. I think you're meant for it. Good luck, Moose," she said, smiling. Then she turned to Winter. "We're not a family. You were never included. I was Bear's second hand, and you intruded, whining your way through everything and cropping up in places I should've been. I'll see you around Winter, but I won't enjoy it," she spat, her yellow eyes glaring at the other she cat. She kept her eyes on Winter as she padded up to Moose and brushed against his side before leaving for the throne that would finally rightfully be her's.

Buzzardclaw chuckled. "You're quite amusing, Pikeclaw, you know?" he said happily, sticking his tongue out in response. "Slow? You think I'm slow? Is that a challenge?" he asked, waggling his brow dramatically. "I'll show you slow," he snorted, quickening his pace to a run and shaking his head. Of course, being the klutz he was, while looking back at Pikeclaw he had ran straight into a tree and falling right onto his rear. Shaking off his pelt embarrassed, he laughed. "Well, I guess I shouldn't be doing that anymore," he said, a bit dazed.

Winter sagged her shoulders as Mouse said that she wasn't in the family. The white she cat flattened her ears as she padded off, twitching her tail and looking at Venomstrike and Yewstar. "I... guess we decided." she said, looking at Moose. "We're Clan cats now, right?" "Good." Venomstrike smiled and looked at Yewstar. "We should let them keep their names... right? That is, if they decide to..."

Pikeclaw was all too ready to race. When Buzzardclaw took off, so did he. But, when he heard Buzzardclaw slam into the tree, he skidded to a halt, throwing up dirt as he did. The young tom pranced back happily to where Buzzardclaw was. "Looks like I really am faster than you."

Yewstar nodded to the Loners. He looked at Mouse as she left. "Goodbye Mouse, may our paths cross once more," He called to her. He turned to face the two Loenrs in front of him now and smiled. "You two may decide to keep your names or to change to a Clan name. You are both old enough to not require a mentor, but you must know the warrior code. You must know and follow it."

"Yewstar?" Venomstrike asked. "Maybe they should have a mentor. Not a mentor, but someone that could show them the warrior code. They know how to fight and hunt, but they need someone to show them how Clan life works and stuff like that." Winter looked at Moose. "Well... should we change our names?"

"Not faster... just... more coordinated," Buzzardclaw said stubbornly, shaking his head. He cleared his throat and nodded. "Right then, moving on. Let's make it to the border soon enough that we can quickly get back to camp!" he yowled, picking up the pace to something equal to a light jog. Suddenly a fresh scent wafted into his nose. "Ready yourselves! Looks like we might get a bit 'o fun after all!" he called, his nose flared with excitement. And suddenly there it was, a scrawny little thing. Buzzardclaw laughed. That thing was so bold to come onto his land? This would be easy! And then he was suddenly aware of a huge looming presence before him.

Firestrike purred in amusement as he watched Pikeclaw and Buzzardclaw race eachother. However, soon enough he smelled the rouge as well, and followed Buzzardclaw towards the little thing. This'll be fun. We'll give the little guy a good scare and send him running to his mama, he thought, snorting. With a long hiss, he stalked up next to Buzzardclaw, his ears flattened back and his eyes glinting at the rouge. Edited by ShinyDazzlight