TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: War of The Roses

(I don't want to post until dragcave and Dazz have posted ... or someone in RiverClan/WindClan ... lol)

Yewberry was lost. He felt each life filling him with an energy he didn't think his body could control. The one from Smallsplash was the kindest of them all. It was warm and far more loving than the first he'd received. The one from Littlefeather was a need for justice, it was burning as ever, as though he had to help any cat or anything for that matter. To make whatever was done to another cat, right. "T-thank you. I can't believe that I-you're doing this for me. B-but what about the battle? I have to get back before any other cat dies."

"Calm yourself." Smallsplash purred, stepping to the side. "Those were your fifth and sixth lives. You need two more. Don't worry, nothing's gonna happen by the time you get back." Venomstrike was on Earth, not believing what she was seeing. Her blue eyes were widened, and tears flooded in them. Yewberry was... dead...? Yellowstar bounded off the rocks, snarling at Venomstike and raising an unsheathed paw. "Where's your leader now?" he yowled, slashing her face.

Drizzlefrost's eyes widened when she saw Yewberry fall. She had to stop herself mid-yowl, and crept to some shadows. She hissed when she saw Yellowstar slash Venomstrike's face and pounced towards him. Aiming to hook his legs out from under him, she yowled angrily, "If you ever touch Venomstrike again, you'll wish you were in the Dark Forest." She prayed to StarClan, which is something she rarely did, and then aimed a slash at Yellowstar's eyes.

((can't think of anything for Honeystar...))

Briarstar padded towards Yewberry, his tail twitching and his eyes holding nothing but pride. He smiled a small smile as he stepped forward. "With this life I give you patience, endurance and hope. Use it to better understand others and be confident in your ways. Never lose hope, for Starclan shall always be at your side," he meowed, his voice raspy but not lethargic. His brown eyes were soft as he let out a light purr. He sat down and nodded, obviously pleased for Yewberry.

Now it was time for Yewberry to recieve his last life. This time, a older warrior stepped forward. She was a beautiful she cat, a black she cat with white underbelly and legs, along with white tinting her muzzle and a dash of white on the tip of her tail. "You might not know me." she mewed. "I used to be Icebelly, deputy of ThunderClan. I come to all of the leader ceremonies. I was also called Icebelly because I used to swim in the river, and my belly was all frozen up when it was leaf bare. So, I come to most of the RiverClan ceremonies." she laid her head on Yewberry's and mewed. "With this final life, I give you the desire to protect your Clan as a mother has a desire to protect her kits."

~~~

Venomstrike wailed when she felt claws tug on her cheeks, feeling blood well up. She stared at Yewberry's lifeless body. "Wake up," she whispered. When they were both apprentices, Yewpaw would stop at nothing to serve his Clan. "Yewberry, please, wake up." she pleaded with her presently dead best friend.

Yellowstar turned toward Drizzlefrost, dodging her attack. "What will you do, eh?" he twitched his whiskers. "Most of your Clanmates are dead. Hnnnn...? What will any of you do?"

Drizzlefrost hissed at him, pouncing to land squarely on his shoulder. She jumped high into the air, right where the sun was shining so he would have trouble looking at her directly. "This one's for you, Yewberry," she mewed to herself. Her eyes glinted and she had a hard look on her face.

As soon as it had all happened, it was all over. Yewberry's mouth had only opened before he was back in the camp. He felt stronger than he had before, filled with new purpose. He opened his eyes, looking around for Yellowstar. This would end now. Venomstrike was speaking. He had forgotten, for a moment, that he had been dead. Struggling slowly to his feet, Yewberry nuzzled Venomstrike. "I'm alive. But it is all thanks to StarClan," He turned to face Yellowstar, having finally found the thorn in his side. "Yellowstar! Face me now! You'll regret ever having crossed paths with me!" He yowled angrily. The battle was dwindling now. Clan cats alone stood, mingled with Loners in a sort of camaraderie that only a cat who understood Loners could bring. He felt pride. The cats' eyes were on dead loved ones and, slowly, the scene that was playing out in front of them. "This is a battle to the death now Yellowstar. Only one will walk away. And it is StarClan's will that it will be me!"

((Meh... *is tired of Oaktail*))

And suddenly, from behind, claws raked Oaktail's back. He twisted and found himself faced with a much smaller and swifter she-cat who battled him ferociously. He tried to swat her away, she danced between and wove around his legs, raking her claws along his vulnerable stomach. Finally it was he and she facing off, him with blood pouring out and she with almost no marks on her. When they dove at each other, it was clear they both aimed to kill. But only one would that night, and the large tom was finally bested with a swift killing blow. And then he lay there, dying, and staring in shock and wonder as blood continued to flow. "Th- that's my- that's my blood," he chocked, before he finally closed his eyes and shuddered once before his body lay still.

((Hrm... I just killed off all of my clan cats....O.o))

Froststripe felt herself slip down onto the cold, wet ground. Her nose smacked into the grass. Froststripe felt pain shoot up her nose and struggled to stand up again, her nose wet with blood from the ground. She felt claws rake across her back as Mossfang attacked her. Froststripe rolled onto her sore back, trying to ignore the pain as dirt and grass got rubbed into her scratches. She slashed blindly upwards, and felt her claws rake through an ear. She heard a muffled crashing noise and a yowl and realized her eyes were clamped tightly shut. She opened one, trying to ignore the feeling of faintness. She couldn't faint... she'd die, and then she would never see RiverClan as it should be, without Yellowstar. Yewberry would save them... but where was he? He was battling Yellowstar, wasn't he? Then Froststripe heard a cat yowl, "No! Yewberry can't be dead!", or something of that sort. Froststripe was having difficulty distinguishing different sounds. Everything seemed so blurry, as if she was watching the scene from far away. She could still think clearly, but her senses were dull, as if all her remaining energy was going into realizing that Yewberry was dead, and that he wouldn't be saving RiverClan... Froststripe noticed that Mossfang the traitor, had gone. At least she wasn't raking her claws into Froststripe's pelt. That was a relief.

((Sylver, the battle is done, and the rogues are gone, but Yellowstar and Yewberry, who had recieved lives from StarClan, are now locked in a battle to the death. ^^)) Venomstrike couldn't believe it. Yewberry had gotten up and nuzzled her, saying that he was alive and it was all thanks to StarClan. She bristled. "StarClan." she said in a voice filled with awe. She looked up, spotting Silverpelt above. Yellowstar yowled with fury as Drizzlefrost landed on his shoulders, shaking her off and spinning around to face her until he heard a voice. In confused fear and anger, he saw Yewberry, strong as ever. "I killed you!" he spat. Then he flattened his mangled ears and launched himself at him once more, aiming to rip his throat out. "Very well, I'll kill you eight more times then!"

Yewberry was, however, able to dodge out of the way of Yellowstar. Normally he was quick and lithe. That helped him now. Where he lacked in strength, his speed was unmatchable. He looked at Yellowstar now, aiming to bite his throat. Though he had qualms about killing, actually doing so would end it all. And so, Yewberry- or was it Yewstar- was aiming to kill now. His quick movements would keep him out of harms way while he still had the same incredibly energy flowing through his veins.

Yellowstar felt Yewstar's mouth close around his neck. He thrashed, his yowl caught in his throat. He was going to lose another life! He... wasn't going to die to Yewstar! Yet, as he continued to thrash, he felt his second life ebb away. For a few moments, he lay limp, but then he jerked back to life and tore himself free from Yewstar's grip. The silver tom, which now looked matted and rusted with blood all around him, stood there, panting from exhaustion. He had lost too much blood... and he had one life left. Damn StarClan... blood dripped in globs to the ground, and he stumbled and lay there, his breathing rapid. "Damn you, Yewberry..." he refused to call him Yewstar, even now.

Yewstar looked at the dying cat. His heart was torn in two. He had never killed until this day. Deep in his heart, he wanted to take it back. He wanted to give Yellowstar his life back and send him running away. But, it was too late. It was StarClan's will and he was just a pawn. The tom shook visibly. A yowl erupted from the Clan and he watched in awe as the same tabby tom from before ran to Yellowstar's body. "What have you done?!" The young warrior yowled. Pikeclaw was mortified. Yellowstar was dying and there was nothing he could do to stop it. He spun around to face Yewberry. That blasted cat who had killed Yellowstar. "I'll kill you!"

Mouse limped her way up to Pikeclaw, who seemed to be making threats while being utterly lost all the while. "Tch. Stupid cat, don't you know what Yellopath did? He wasn't your rightful leader, and his death proves it. Now be a good little kitten and run along now," she rasped, nose Yellowpath did? He invaded a peaceful clan that was his own ally just to give himself power. Everyone was happy with Yewberry and Briarstar until Yellowpath brainwashed you," she snorted, her yellow eyes narrowing and a grin flickering across her scarred and bloody face.

Yellowstar's eyes flickered over to his killer, and then to Pikeclaw. He was the one that was the loyal one... the one that he had trained as an apprentice himself. he couldn't speak. He was dying. And all of a sudden, he fell slack. Yellowstar had died. Venomstrike heard Pikeclaw's threat and wedged herself in between Pikeclaw and Yewstar. "Pikeclaw!" she screeched, eyes the size of moons. "How could you say that?! Yellowstar was an evil cat!"

Suddenly, there was another body between himself and Yewberry. He wanted to tear through them and get to the cat behind, but he couldn't. It was his mother. Yewstar walked in front of Venomstrike, touching her shoulder with his tail as he passed. "I am Yewstar, Pikeclaw. You didn't meet me before I was ran out of the Clan, but I knew you before you were born. Yellowstar was a ShadowClan tom. He had come with Rogues to take over, knowing Briarstar's weakness and my own poor leadership. I left. I had to leave or I risked the death of the Clan. I see now I never should have," He said quietly. Pikeclaw watched with wide eyes as Yewstar finished his story. His tail flicked back and forth angrily. "Mother! Is this true?"

Venomstrike dipped her head at Yewstar's story. Her eyes were two pools of sadness. "Yes, my son." she mewed. "Yellowpath was envious of his sister, Deadstar. She was weak in his eyes, so he left ShadowClan to come here, using the present weakness we were in due to the flood. Yewstar was a brave and wonderful kit when he was born. You've had your mind poisoned by Yellowstar's ways. I knew that, when you became four moons old and took you as an apprentice, this was not going to be a good outcome."

Drizzlefrost hissed as Pikeclaw challenged Yewstar, but then stopped as he started to understand. Even she understood, but it was only because somebody told her. She yawned, suddenly feeling exhausted. Yellowsta- no Yellowpath, had thrown her off pretty hard. Her side ached from landing on some rocks and she had cuts everywhere. She padded cautiously up to Yellowpath and mewed, "Is Yellowpath dead Yewstar?"

Cloudfoot padded up to Yewstar along with his sister. He had several scratches along side his flank, and his white paws were covered with blood. "I think he is," Cloudfoot said, padding up to Yellowstar and prodding him. He felt cold... "Yeah, he is... a-anyway, what are you going to do now, Yewstar?" Cloudfoot turned toward him, green eyes telling him to go on and answer his question.

((Yewberry died and recieved his lives while unconscious, and killed Yellowstar. Everyone is speaking to their new leader.))