kenderbard

Scroll Separator

What I personally prefer is something more like the "filter by" thing we already have, except it would be a separate dropdown and available to the public so someone viewing your scroll can use it. That way you can show your scroll whole, but also set up categories.

What I personally prefer is something more like the "filter by" thing we already have, except it would be a separate dropdown and available to the public so someone viewing your scroll can use it. That way you can show your scroll whole, but also set up categories.

that's called tags, we have this suggestion already smile.gif

I dont think this would be much use for me but for the others it may be helpful, I think i saw something like this before

I would love this, but if this was implemented I would also like the option to set a tab to 'hide/show', so when someone came to your scroll they would only see certain dragons without clicking the tab, and allow the option to have scroll pages removed.

But that's just my preference, either way I would love to see this implemented!

Okay! I was hesitant to make a new topic for this suggestion.

I noticed that sometimes people who sort their dragons sort them into extremely specific groups. Above each group, they use a hatchling that is frozen or a type of dragon that acts like a divider or border for that specific group of dragons. Their names are then used for nothing but labeling.

So... I figured... Why don't we have sprited dividers that we can drag and drop into place in the sort order options? Some that we can put text over as well? So if I have a group of dragons for a specific breeding project, I can put them beneath a divider that says like "The Super Shiny Breeding Project", and below it would have all the dragons for that project.

Or maybe it can be used to separate second gen dragons from thirds? I dunno. The text would probably be something you input manually too. Like dragon names.

user posted image

Excuse the horrible Photoshop work but it was just to give an idea of what I had in mind. I am sure we can have some better sprite-work done to make things like this. Even some with Holiday themes? I dunno, It was just an idea. You could even put other information beneath it, like forum contact info at the top of the scroll.

Edited by Lyxii

I really like this idea. The frozen hatchie labeling system works, but I find myself losing the hatchies when I'm scrolling quickly. This is much more eye-catching.

I *really* like this idea!! I've never been all that specific about sorting, and that's one of the reasons why. I don't want to have to use a dragon in order to "mark" a separation. I'd love something like this.

Some people would prefer non-image dividers, tabs/folders or tags but this idea is nice too.

Edited by Light Concorde

Yep, I'd much prefer tabs. But this would be an acceptable alternative. I'm currently using frozen paper hatchlings as dividers, and yes, they tend to get lost in the shuffle if you aren't looking close.

I LOVE this! I never liked the idea of tabs as it's still supposed to be a scroll. Oooh! And then we could have an array of different ones to customi.. Okay, I think I'm getting ahead of myself.

I really like this idea. It would be much more attractive than using frozen hatchies as dividers/markers.

I do really like this idea, especially when it comes to breeding (since those frozen hatchling dividers don't show up while breeding). It's definitely more eyecatching and would make it much easier to sort. Of course tabs would be even better but I like this too.

This is nice, I like the tab idea better but anything is better than what we have now.

I've been using male and female adult Mints, since they are small and show up both in breeding view and breeding sort (assuming you haven't bred them), so you don't loose your dividers.

Cheers!

C4.

I really like this idea,it would be really usefull when breeding different dragons.

Bumping this, because I am sorting dragons again (I've had to create another group to accomodate a new lineage) and there is STILL no way to properly define groups of dragons, and it still irks me.

There's also this suggestion which is more akin to pokemon 'boxes'.

I'd love this! Right now I don't even bother personally organizing my dragons since there's no way to actually divide up sections. I really don't like the frozen hatchling method because its messy, wastes a dragon, and can easily be missed. But something like this would be absolutely perfect without too much fuss.

I really would find this useful and less fiddly (and more lore-appropriate) than tabs, though I guess tabs would be more useful for people with huge collections and I manage with tabs on my spreadsheet. Currently my scroll looks a bit of a mess even though I've organised it pretty thoroughly because I don't want to freeze hatchlings so each section just runs into the next.

I'd like this. Especially if you had links to your various scroll separators on the top of your scroll.

Would be an acceptable alternative to tabs.

I always imagined you could toggle between seeing as tags and seeing as separators, and that you viewed other peoples scrolls how YOU toggled that option.

So I prefer tags to separators as it seems neater to me, and so I would see both mine and every one else's groupings as tabs as well. If you preferred scroll separators, then you would see everyone's as separators. Best of both worlds.

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

Tabs, separators, something. ^^; I also would be very interested to see this implemented! I agree that separators would be more lore friendly, though maybe at the top of a scroll it could have a drop down or something similar to jump to a particular section.

I would love to see this implemented! You have my full support, because even though I only have about 300 dragons right now, I'm going to need dividers once I get my Gold Trophy.