kenderbard

Scroll Separator

this would be nice. though also, how bout a title spot on the divider line, that you can change to label each section, like "lineages" "inbreds" etc...

This idea is beyond awesome. Now I want it liek naoh! *makes impatient grabby hands*

I love this idea. I'm a neat freak, and I hate it how unorganized my scroll looks, with all the lineages and CBs and everything next to each other. I use frozen paper hatchies as dividers, but it's not enough. I like the tab idea, but any kind of gap or line is fine with me.

I would like to have tabs too and using hatchies with names in caps for deviders now.

How organized i have it in my spreadsheet .... it seems to look like a mess on my scroll sad.gif

I love the tabs idea! I hate how long the page gets when I view my scroll (and I've only got two pages, some people have way more) and how unorganised it is. I'm not a fan of the horizontal rule, but the tab thing is exactly what I need. Maybe both should be implemented (but the use of them would be opt-in, of course)

I really would like to separate my dragons, but I don't like to use frozen hatchlings or chickens like other users do. If we could have a scroll item specifically for sorting, it could be really a good thing!

And it should be optional, of course. Do you remember the popcorn garland distributor, that gave us some other of these decorations at request? Well, if we could have this sort of thing in Account settings, allowing to choose us if we want use separators and how many of them, it would be great!

I'm just gonna say what everyone else has said xd.png

I do however, dont like the idea of tabs at all. We have pages, isn't that similar?

Line separators however, are a different story. It would be handy to have everything organized, instead of using frozen hatchlings, etc to divide them as some people do now.

Thats my say on this topic biggrin.gif

I do however, dont like the idea of tabs at all. We have pages, isn't that similar?

Not really, as we can only choose how many appear on each page once. So if, for example, I have 250 dragons in total, and I want to seperate 120 CB's/110 bred dragons/20 inbreds, that is not possible with the pages.

Personally I'd prefer a line separator where you can write something like "Army" or "Inbreds" or "Lineages"etc.

My scroll really seems unorganized compared to the spreadsheet I use to keep track of things, yet I don't like using frozen hatchies so I'm all for some sort of separator.

I hate how long the page gets when I view my scroll (and I've only got two pages, some people have way more)

You can change the amount that will show per page under Account --> Account Settings, if the amount is too long (or short) for you. ^^

~

Did I already say I wouldn't mind a separator, though I probably wouldn't use it? I think the idea of being able to label it is also neat. :3

Some kind of horizontal divider would be good.

Tabs would be AWESOME!!!

Either way would work for me, but I'd much prefer tabs.

Been pining for this for a long time - a line separator with label, that is, not so much tabs. So... yes, please, this would help immensely (and advance LBD's chickenhunt as I'd stop stealing chickens for myself to use as separators. tongue.gif )

Absolutely yes D: I'd say tabs and lines should both be an option, since the feedback seems divided (no pun intended tongue.gif). Personally I'd prefer the slightly cleaner tabs.

Would it be too much to ask for the choice to put a single dragon on multiple tabs too, if tabs were implemented? The one thing I hate about sorting files on my computer is when I want to Venn-diagram! So if you have a purebred AND stairstep dragon, for example, you could stick it in both tabs. Not sure how well this idea would work though.

Now that I'm getting more & more dragons, and starting to invest in projects, I'd love a tabbed scroll, or a scroll with multiple 'pages' and some way to move the dragons from page to page.

It's usually best to make these an account option, so those who prefer all their dragons on one page can go with it.

I don't like the idea of tabs. Way too complicated.

I find this strange. Doesn't everyone use a tabbed browser of some sort these days? unsure.gif I'm on an experimental one & even it's tabbed. Chrome - tabbed, IE 7/8/9 - tabbed, Firefox - tabbed. Spreadsheets - tabbed.

Strongly for some ability to separate the scroll into sections of my choosing, regardless of whether it's pages, horizontal bars, or bundles of fish that open up sections when clicked. I'd love to have a section for my lufflies, a section for things I breed a lot but aren't lufflies, a section for my vampires and frozens, and a bin for everything else.

This is a really great idea. I mosty organized my dragons last year and used certain dragons and frozen hatchlings to keep things separate when scrolling through. Either tabs or a line would be awesome.

I also support the tab or line idea. I want to put all my CB dragons on one page/tab/line and all my poor inbreds on another (so I never breed them).

I wonder if it would be extra work for the tabs/lines to show up on the breeding page? That would be extremely helpful. I have all my inbred at the bottom of my scroll, so it's fairly easy to tell which ones I don't want to breed, but it'd be nice if I could take Inbred out of all of their names. I feel like I'm picking on them...

I'd be happy with any option to choose separation, I like the different tabs (boxes) but even a line would be nice...

Just adding my support for some form of separator, though I prefer the file idea, anything would appeal to my OCD tendencies. I loath to get too involved in projects or lineages because it would screw up my sort theme even more than my Guardian army (I couldn't resist them tongue.gif ).

So completely want this!

YESPLZ. I don't like the complicated thing you linked to, but a simple horizontal line, possibly with a title/label spot, yes yes yes. I've been wanting something like that for a really long time. D:

^ Everything about this would be absolutely perfect. Yes, I know we have custom sort, which is handy for people who have less than 50 dragons such as myself, but what about those who've hit more than 500? sad.gif

It's considerably harder for them to find their dragons, even if they've given names to each and every one of them.

I personally don't think adding this to current code would significantly increase loading time, at least not in majority of high-speed/broadband internet (I use satellite, so my connection is rather slow.) Moreover, it's a great way to organize your stuff, albeit simple.

The way I see it, the line might have a slight flourish, to fit in with the entire scroll theme. smile.gif

I'd love the idea of separate folders/boxes/caves/stables/whatever for different projects and such. It would definitely help to keep everything nice and even, and help people sort things out.

For example, you could put different lineage projects in their own sections.

For those that have a lot of dragons with BSA, they could have a folder for ones whose abilities were on cool-down so they weren't looking though 15, 20, even 50 dragons to find one that had their ability available.