kenderbard

Scroll Separator

Personally, I like the Dragon Cave Files suggested by Shinobimasterz.

But many people are saying no, they want it to be only optional, it's too complicated, etc.

So for those of us who want to do multiple 'games' (lineages, commons, armies, etc) it'd be nice to have some kind of visual separate.

I ask that in the sorting options you include the ability to put a separator in the scroll page. Basically a horizontal rule.

EDIT:

Lyxii's OP with a fancy picture example!

Okay! I was hesitant to make a new topic for this suggestion.

I noticed that sometimes people who sort their dragons sort them into extremely specific groups. Above each group, they use a hatchling that is frozen or a type of dragon that acts like a divider or border for that specific group of dragons. Their names are then used for nothing but labeling.

So... I figured... Why don't we have sprited dividers that we can drag and drop into place in the sort order options? Some that we can put text over as well? So if I have a group of dragons for a specific breeding project, I can put them beneath a divider that says like "The Super Shiny Breeding Project", and below it would have all the dragons for that project.

Or maybe it can be used to separate second gen dragons from thirds? I dunno. The text would probably be something you input manually too. Like dragon names.

user posted image

Excuse the horrible Photoshop work but it was just to give an idea of what I had in mind. I am sure we can have some better sprite-work done to make things like this. Even some with Holiday themes? I dunno, It was just an idea. You could even put other information beneath it, like forum contact info at the top of the scroll.

I searched and searched and didn't find any topic that actually suggested this. If it's a dupe. Then, sorry? There is a lot of threads to go through here and look at.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

A very well developed idea. I have to admit that I would like that, since some people have several hundred dragons and like ten pages to look through for the dragon that they want. so ya, I support this idea.

I do like this. Oppinal and also a way to veiw 'all' dragons as well if you just want to look at a quick all of them. smile.gif like it'd have a ew folders (or maybe just one) of all my dragons I use from breeding. and maybe a whole folder for one of my lineage projects or somthing. haha! thatd be so much eaisier!

this would be nice. though also, how bout a title spot on the divider line, that you can change to label each section, like "lineages" "inbreds" etc...

YESPLZ. I don't like the complicated thing you linked to, but a simple horizontal line, possibly with a title/label spot, yes yes yes. I've been wanting something like that for a really long time. D:

this would be nice. though also, how bout a title spot on the divider line, that you can change to label each section, like "lineages" "inbreds" etc...

This would be perfect. biggrin.gif

That would be the icing on the cake for me!

I have to say, something that would organize my scroll into labeled sections would just be... so magnificent.

If this isn't too complicated, I'd love to see a function like this in some future update.

Yes plz! The only reason I haven't done any major projects like armies and such is because I want to keep them separate from my main scroll goal....

Sounds neat. Personally I'd like something a little more than just a gap or a line - maybe some fancy embossing stuff - but perhaps there would be several options?

Sounds neat. Personally I'd like something a little more than just a gap or a line - maybe some fancy embossing stuff - but perhaps there would be several options?

yeah, where you can "personalize" your divider. and you can choose from several, maybe to match the different scroll themes?

I love this idea! Being able to have different tabs for things like Army and such is a wonderful idea.

WB

I would love this - I also like Rhea's idea of having something extra with the name. biggrin.gif

Tabs would be FAB.

BSA ones

Lineage ones

Unbreedables...

YES PLEASE !

A line where I could write "Cheesie Army" and another where I could do "Delsin Lineage" would be awesome.

I don't like the idea of tabs. Way too complicated.

Just a simple line or a fancy embossed one would be good.

Tabs would be FAB.

BSA ones

Lineage ones

Unbreedables...

YES PLEASE !

This thread is about scroll separators, like a line, not tabs. I really prefer the tab idea and I don't see how it's complicated at all, but I do want some way to separate my dragons.

I know; I just would love tabs; a line doesn't float my boat at all !

I wouldn't use a line (or a tab) but as long as it was optional, I don't have any objections to a line.

I also support the tab or line idea. I want to put all my CB dragons on one page/tab/line and all my poor inbreds on another (so I never breed them).

I would love this, even when I write things in real life there are always spaces and lines to distinguish different thoughts.

YES, Please! I'm trying to work on multiple projects and it's a pain in my butt to remember what order the projects are in. I also want to be able to separate my specials, dragons I don't want to breed, CBs I like, etc.

*bump*

I really like this idea too....mods, you're welcome for me searching for it rather than just starting a new thread tongue.gif

I'd use it more to divide by growth, gender, and type at this point, admittedly b/c I only have 18 dragons total, of which only 2 are bred, not CB....but it'd help b/c I like to plan who I'm breeding before I breed....and w/ seeing how many adults vs. hatchies I have and how many male vs. female, etc., and whether I even have a drake breeding pair or pygmy breeding pair....