KagaiNeko

Video game monsters

I couldn't stand the Battle Arena monsters in Final Fantasy X, and I thought Berserkers from KH2 were bad too ... until I found the easy way on how to beat them even without a scratch

Can anyone say that their first Regenerator in Resident Evil 4 was not terror inducing? How about El Gigante, the massive beast that you never thought you'd be able to kill? Your first Plagas that popped from the head of an enemy? Saddler in his full glory? These monsters made me want to cry at times, and I have paused the game and put down my controller on more than one occasion.

Moving away from RE4 and towards Skyrim. Was anyone as terrified of their first Draugr as I was? How about Hagravens? Honestly, wolves are adorable more than they are dangerous. Bears are a little stronger, but I can literally sit and take a pack of wolves to the knee and my regen replenishes my health as fast as, if not faster than, the little buggers can sap it. Dragon Priests... The first time I fought a Dragon Priest, I was level 7. No magic resist at all, and a Staff of Fireball SCREAMING at me.

The Regenerators/Iron Maiden are my fav RE baddie (dogs are a close second). The thing that makes them great is that they've got the whole kit 'n caboodle-- their movements unsettle you, their noises make you uncomfortable, their appearance is ghastly, and they can be a pain to kill.

RE, SH, and Dead Space redefine the psychological horror aspects, imo =)

Don't know if it counts but when I was little and I would play Sonic Adventure I would always get a minor heart attack when the killer whale started chasing me (sonic).

Elites form halo 2 + Halo reach

Hunters from halo reach

skirmishers from halo reach

Also don't know if anyone else has said this, but I personally love headcrabs from Half Life 2. xd.png

They're kinda cute. Hahaha.

Headcrabs are awesome, yes.

Except poison headcrabs. No. Those can go die in fire forever kkthnxbai.

user posted image

Small, fast, poisonous, and their eyes glow in the dark. 'Nuff said.

That's Ridley

And The Metroid games make it clear that he's not some monster. He's a pirate.

No one here has mentioned Piggsy?

Look him up.

If you dare.

I know he's a sentient being. But come on, I'll bet that even Ridley thinks that Ridley is a monster. A pirate monster. Although he looks a lot more intelligent in the prime series, I will admit that.

And I may or may not look up Piggsy...

user posted image

And so cute!

But ghasts, *Shudders* They try to blow your face off and trap you in hell. (I hate ghasts.)

I don't know why, but in all the Elder Scrolls games I have played, Skeletons bother me a lot. Draugr, zombies, ghosts, whatever, don't really affect me but skeletons do for some reason. It is harder to understand given that they virtually fly apart when you hit them vs. draugr who can be a major pain to defeat, especially at low levels.

user posted image

Love them guys so cute and slimes ADORABLE

In a thread titled 'Video Game Monsters', I for one am a bit surprised that these weren't mentioned...

user posted imageuser posted image

Monster Hunter. Home to some of the most awesome monsters on the interwebz =)

In a thread titled 'Video Game Monsters', I for one am a bit surprised that these weren't mentioned...

Monster Hunter. Home to some of the most awesome monsters on the interwebz =)

You Forgot this guy user posted image

I remember MH series, I still play it to this day.

Great monsters on there. Especially Deviljho. I nearly had a heart attack when I he burst out the ground under me for a first encounter.

Though Amnesia monsters are incredibly scary as they pursue you throughout the game and that you cant do anything except run from them, hide in the corner in the darkness and hope that they don't find you.

Its the same in Penumbra, you cant hurt them...but they can kill you easily.

Here they are:

user posted image

The Grunt.

The Brute (They use their saw attachment arm to kill you in one hit)

user posted image

Edited by Zeriel

Oh god get those things off my screen. That game gave me nightmares from just watching a video x_x

Redeads from the Legend of Zelda series.

*shudders

I know most people find the Oot/MM rendition of Redeads the scariest due to nostalgic connections, but I personally think the TP versions are more unnerving. I just hate the way they scream and end up paralyzing you as they slowly trudge up to you while you're screaming at your controller to start working again. I always hating replaying the Arbiter's Grounds dungeon because of the Redeads.

Redeads from the Legend of Zelda series.

*shudders

I know most people find the Oot/MM rendition of Redeads the scariest due to nostalgic connections, but I personally think the TP versions are more unnerving. I just hate the way they scream and end up paralyzing you as they slowly trudge up to you while you're screaming at your controller to start working again. I always hating replaying the Arbiter's Grounds dungeon because of the Redeads.

user posted image