KagaiNeko

Video game monsters

The zombies in Dead Island. All the zombie games I've ever played(the Left 4 Deads, Resident Evils, and such) have never freaked me out quite like this. I can only play at most for 2 hours before I have to take a break, and I've slept with a nightlight since I got the game. D:

The worst though, I'd have to say the most unsettling zombie in the game is the Suicider. Poor mutated freak that's unfortunately aware it's a poor mutated freak. "Heeeellllllllpppppp meeeeeeee..." *gurgle gurgle spasm spasm* BOOM!

I have never played a horror game that made me take a huge sigh of relief if I reached a tiny bastion of safety, or get nervous and edgy if I didn't close doors I just walked through. Stupid zombies.

I was watching my sister play Dead Space the other day and one of the alien things jumped up and attacked when I thought it was dead on the floor. I almost died.

I was watching my sister play Dead Space the other day and one of the alien things jumped up and attacked when I thought it was dead on the floor. I almost died.

Necromorphs I believe they're called. Yeah that game is full of scary looking monsters... I've jumped outta my seat more times than I can count playing those games.

You know, I still love all the mario monsters.

I love koopas, piranha plants (except when you have to jump over them), chomps, and ravens and bumpties.

Also those dragons from Paper Mario. There was like hooktail and gloomtail and the horribly hard skeletal one at the bottom of the challenge pit.

I forgot about Lakitus from Super Mario. Those things are pure evil. x_x

I think the wheel enemies from Okami are hilarious, especially the one called an Earth Nose. XP Look it up if you get the chance. The Fire Eyes and Ice Mouths are creepy as heck but the other two in the quartet are just hilarious-looking.

Okami has some of the best monsters ever.

I have the art book so I could see the bestiary better.

The spin off Okamiden had some really cool element horses

http://okami.neoseeker.com/w/i/okami/7/79/FireBeast.jpg

http://okami.neoseeker.com/w/i/okami/5/54/IceBeast.jpg

http://okami.neoseeker.com/w/i/okami/thumb...-SparkBeast.jpg

http://okami.neoseeker.com/w/i/okami/4/4e/DeathBeast.jpg

Also those dragons from Paper Mario. There was like hooktail and gloomtail and the horribly hard skeletal one at the bottom of the challenge pit.

Ugh, I got all the way to the bottom of the Pit of 100 Trials and...died...a quick, painful death because of Bonetail. :C

I can't remember if I've tried again since then.

Can't believe I forgot this, but I love the designs for the Noise in TWEWY. Some more than others... But I hate those FREAKIN' ELEPHANTS. D<

user posted image

They will suck your life away.

METROID! I love the ones from Prime... but i think Ridley is more awesome

user posted image

Ridley is pretty awesome.

There was a level in Kirby's Dream Land 3 that had metroids in them

user posted image

You had to have the ice ability to kill them.

I've been remembering my love for Paper Mario enemies. I always loved the koopa bros.

I have to say i like grunts from halo 3 because they talk to you when you shoot at them and they run away like cowards they are so funny

Dead Space has my heart in monster designs... =)

Leapers are my favorite, then there's Twitchers, Stalkers, Dividers... all of them are just adorable lil' things.

I won't risk linking anything, though. Search them up if you dare =o

A zombie dropped on my head in Minecraft today and I nearly crapped myself.

The silliest things can be scary when you don't expect them.

METROID! I love the ones from Prime... but i think Ridley is more awesome

I don't think of ridley as a monster because he's intelligent. but he certainly looks the part.

Oh my goodness that is awesome. <3

I remember going to my best friend's house to play Half-Life when we were in the fourth grade. xd.png I remember the monsters scaring me pretty badly lol.

I don't think of ridley as a monster because he's intelligent. but he certainly looks the part.

Can't monsters be intelligent? What really makes a monster?

And while I'm still thinking of Nintendo, I like the bulborbs from Pikmin!

Ridley in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He's so awesome I almost felt sorry killing him. And those sewer rat things in Zelda: Twilight Princess creep me out. I almost screamed when one snuck up on me. I also used to hate those punching ghosts in New Super Mario Bros. for the DS for some reason. I could never play a level that had them, they freaked me out so badly. Speaking of Mario, Bowser is awesome too.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

One battle that definitely will always creep me out every time I play it is the one with the giant spiders at the end of chapter 5 in Sora no Kiseki the 3rd (third game in the Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series that sadly is Japanese only right now).

Wish I could find a version that isn't sped up so the music and voices sound right because that game also has some of the best boss battle music as well. Awesome game, a shame it hasn't made it to the US yet, but hopefully we will see it someday since it is licensed.

Another monster I also like comes from that series: the Shining Pom. It basically is a lot like the metal slimes in DQ, but an adorable floating ball of fluff with a halo instead. And said adorable ball of fluff is very hard to hit and runs away quickly and is worth a ton of experience if you can actually beat one. They also show up a lot in fanart for the series because they are so cute.