dustpuppy

Favourite kind of even gen?

What is your favourite kind of even gen?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

like many other players I breed and love even gens and was curious which kind is most popular (on this forum at least), so here's a poll! smile.gif

I pretty much like any even-gen type but the type I love the most is one with a naming scheme. It feels orderly in my eyes.

I'm between pure w/ gender dimorphism (with alt sprites as well), like my nebulas, and rainbow patterns, where all the CB dragons make a nicely flowing spectrum.

I'm not too fond of single-sprite purebreds because they can look kind of boring, but I like them when combined with a naming pattern/theme. I like checkers (I think of dimorphic purebreds as checkers) depending on what breed the checker is made up of, but really big ones can get kind of boring without a name theme as well. I don't like random dragons thrown together. There has to be some sort of plan.

I love even-gens, so as far as I'm concerned If it's even-gen at all I'm happy. I usually prefer random patterns with lots of colour, but at the same time it can be so lovely to see something more orderly.

Enh, should have checked "Other option" instead of no vote, for "I don't care." I don't dislike them... I just don't care.

i love checker. the more checker in one lineage, the better. biggrin.gif lol, that way, the lineage has several neat checkers in it, and has a diversity in breeds/sprites. so its diverse and neat. <3 as for naming scheme, i honestly dont care lol. i also like "striped" themes. wink.gif i guess you could say that i like my lineages rather complicated. xd.png like, heres my "ideal" lineage, with triple checker, and striped: http://dragcave.net/lineage/KgFSU . the striped isnt as clear yet, but with a few more generations, itll become obvious biggrin.gif

Edited by lizardtail

I voted other patterns, because I really like anything that looks pretty. I have two purebred (no dimorphism) lineages and am working on a multiple-breed even gen based around blue dragons now.

That's beautiful! I see what you mean. Kind of reminds me of one of these horrible knitted sweaters, but as a lineage it looks great. biggrin.gif

lol yep <3 this dragon i guess would be second best. triple checker, though no stripe. thats what i like about suns, since they have the rise/set variations to make a lineage striped. im hoping to drag out the first lineage to 6th gen so the stripe is obvious, but my dragons wont produce for me D: lol

I love love LOVE mixed even gen's.

I guess it's also called random? xd.png

Certain patterns, [multiple] pairing's, or chequered are also among my favorites.

PB's are ok but I'd like to see at least a little variety. ^^

I love purebred even-gens, and naming schemes, so this pink baby of mine combines them :3 In my opinion, I think pb even gens look best with gender dimorphism, provided the two sprites are of a similar colour scheme (e.g. waterhorses, pinks, bbws and not nebs or hellfires), otherwise pbs with single sprite dragons look good as well ^^

I'm a big fan of 2 breed checkers too smile.gif

I love perfect chequers. Ambivalent on the naming scheme, though. Honestly if I wanted a completely neat naming scheme, that could be obtained from inbreeding. Kind of defats the purpose of a lineage.

Edited by DarkEternity

I love all kinds. Purebreds, Mixed, Rainbow, Checker, ect. They're all pretty to look at. :3

I haven't voted, because I like different kinds and because so much depends on the dragons involved...

Purebred Lineages: I'm usually not too interested in PB lineages. After the 2nd gen it gets boring to me. Thus far, the only PB lineage I'd be willing to create would be one involving Nebulas.

Checkerboard: I actually like these a lot. There very pretty to look at.

Other Pattern: I'm quite found of mirror lineages. They're actually my favorite type of pattern that can be pulled off in an even gen lineage. Rainbow lineages are very pretty as well.

Naming Scheme: It's always a plus. I enjoy seeing that a dragon is apart of a family.

Random: So long as there's a method to the madness. I actually enjoy seeing a lot of variety in a lineage.

PB is probably my least favorite type of even gen, except in the case of certain sprites (like blacks/shinies/trio/nebula), because I just don't like staring at one single sprite in a lineage.

My favorite is random variety. 83 It doesn't even have to have a pattern to it at all. I just like seeing so many different things in the lineage |D

My other favorite (which would fall under "other option which you forgot" xd.png) is holiday lineages and checkers. Many of my favorite even gens (even the random ones) include holidays in them. :3

I also like checkers when the colors of the breeds picked compliment or contrast each other nicely, like m-silver/f-black.

I was torn between checkers and purebreds with dimorphism. Voted for the latter. :3

Purebreds without dimorphism are boring to me too, sorry @__@

I like chequers with naming schemes, but I tend not to like naming schemes that require exact words (like a family suffix)- prefer thematic naming.

I deleted my earlier post and can't remember why. huh.gif

Anyway, my absolute favorite even gen type is rainbow themed. There's nothing prettier. I also like 2 breed lineages, though they don't necessarily have to be a checker pattern. The mirror look is always nice. I don't differentiate between checker lineages and PB lineages with dimorphism . . . to me those are the same thing. As for naming schemes/themes, they do help make a lineage look nicer, but it's not something I'd seek out. The only reason I give my dragons a lineage name is for ease in breeding.