Pink

Glomp Gifting

yuumei -> ebis13 -> 2nd Gen PB Nebula Egg -> Accepted

yuumei -> tridymite -> 2nd Gen Geode Hatchie From Stone x Stone -> ACCEPTED

Edited by yuumei

sunsteps88 --> skyedragonmoo -> a messy and inbred(ohwell) thunder eggy, since i saw they didnt have one smile.gif ~PENDING~

So youre simply breeding eggs, and sending them out? huh.gif PERFECT IDEA!!!!!!!!!^_^

yuumei -> Qualeo -> Turp Hatchie -> Accepted

And now I'm going to bed.

Edited by yuumei

Quick note -- thank you SO much to the last four people who have tried generously to glomp me! Sadly, I was working at a summer camp, and internet access was severely limited. I apologize for inconveniencing you and your scrolls -- I didn't mean to be rude, and I sincerely appreciate the good intentions! <3

I am going to say this as gently as possible... The word GLOMP often means something along the lines of a hugtacklepounce and ideally its a happy thing that wasn't necessarily expected.

The idea is that is a surprise and it is a well loved and received surprise.

In the first post there is laid out a list of ideas for Glomp Gifts and how to find things that someone would really love. Look at their Wish List Link or Profiles. Uncommons or Rares. And Especially, Hatchlings as it is very easy for most people to be locked and if you are gonna throw a surprise their way, they are likely to not have room for an egg. So Hatchlings can almost always be taken and be loved.

I feel some people in this thread have gotten away from this original intent.

Just because you bred a random egg and it won't hatch for another 7 days does not make it special. This is very easy to acomplish. In fact, its the most basic command used in this game. And randomly throwing these around is not a gift. It is an awkward burden you place upon the person you are "gifting" it to. If you are coming to a dinner party, you don't gift the host with a fork. Believe it or not, if its a dinner party, they probably already have plenty of forks and your gift is not only unneeded or unwanted, it is bordering on insulting because you didn't care enough about the person to take the time to even think of something they might actually like or be able to use or accept.

If you just want to dump various eggs you breed on random people, there are a lot of gifting threads and an AP.

And if this posts gets me boo'ed or whatever well.... I'm sorry but someone had to say it.

If its a gift, please make it a gift. Put some thought and time into it. Otherwise its not a gift. Its a burden.

Edited by natayah

*long speech*

I second that.

Also, not that anyone was saying anything about me, but that split I last gifted WAS special. (But don't say that to his face, he's very sensitive about it.) :l

Actually I knew that the person who recieved it would get the reference in the parent's names. That makes him special too, but in a different way.

I agree, and I'm sorry I left those out. Searching people's scrolls, knowing special codes or names or lineages they are addicted to... again, you took time and thought and it was special.

Its the time and thought that I think some people are missing. Not every egg is special, no matter how much we love our babies. So make it special so the new owner will love it and know it meant something for you to think of something more than "Here's a random egg for a random person..."

I actually have a list of people I'm planning to glomp, and I went through their scrolls and checked to see what they have and what they don't. I decided what I wanted to give them, and I have been watching their scrolls and mine to make sure I can glomp them when they are free! Thanks for posting natayah. I'm glad you did, and you are completely right! A gift is something that will make people happy, and if it doesn't, it might not be a gift anymore.

Kelkelen --> nxtashaxt: CB Nebula Egg ACCEPTED! YAYNESS!

Judging by something she said in another thread, I *think* it will be her second Nebbie ever, and her first CB! I hope so! *rubs hands together eeeeevilly...*

Kelkelen --> Arwen17: a matched pair of shiiiiny babies, gendered male and female -- they're destined to be together!

Accepted! *happy dance of evil ninjaness!*

Edited by Kelkelen

Herk just gifted me two Mint eggs with lineages that I was looking for. Totally out of the blue. Thanks again you little ninja.gif !

Keeper_of_Fire ----> MaskedDeath: Night Glory egg ... Accepted!

Edited by Keeper_of_Fire