DarkEternity

Tinsel raising strategies

Mine don't usually get sick from being auto-Ered, but I had two Tinsels get Soft Shell (edit: last night) which lasted for ages, one having uber-high Views and hardly any U Views, which is unusual for the fansites I use.

I had to fog them and a Stripe overnight...

Edited by Syphoneira

I have a 5 day, 5 hour Bronze egg and and its at 360~ UV and no cracks. I know eggs usually don't crack at that amount. Which is worrying that its UV seems to only go up by 1 every few minutes. I used to be able to get 10 or 15 in that time. :< And I'm using the same fansites that I've been using. Guess I probably shouldn't worry but damn, this is my first tinsel. Come on, please crack. D:

Mine never got sick, or had to be ER'd.

I didn't incubate it, though, so... lol.

Raising my first one right now. Hasn't been incubated, was fogged for it's first 12 hours or so then put into multiple sites and fogged overnight from then on. Currently at 1600 V and 500 UV, almost fully cracked with 4 hours before it can be ER'd. I was expecting it to show no signs of hatching before 4 days. xd.png

They seem quite hardy in their first few days. It makes sense, they need many more views than normal to grow, so they can probably cope with more views at an early stage.

Edited by Hylian Dragon

After raising two tinsels, none have become sick or had to be ER'd. My friend who had a tinsel, it had become sick when it was a hatchling. And it was one I bred for her. So yeah, I've discovered my way of raising tinsels is very successful. tongue.gif

My Bronze is starting to crack finally. Good boy or girl OR WHATEVER THE HECK YOU WANNA BE =P

I usually start putting them on fansites after 1 day of having them and I place them on like 3 fansites, so that they get the right number of views(50-60 OV per hour). My last tinsel babies did well after doing so and hatched just in time.

I don't incubate. It usually works, because incubate triggers sickness if it becomes ER.

I've raised one. Incubated, never got sick, grew up at 5528 views / 910 unique views / 34 clicks.

I have never had a sick tinsel before, but I have ER'd a tinsel or two. I never incubate, and when they are near 4 days I start to put them on a couple of fansites and it grows right when it hits 3 days 23 hours.

Mine is finally at a large hole with 4 days 5 hours remaining so not long till hatches. Guess I paniced a bit too easily. heh.

I incubated mine, but late. Around 4d15h. Never got sick. Used AoND exclusively for it as an egg, at about 5d20h put in in 3-4 other sites so it'd gender. She didn't gender until today. She grew up today. xd.png Made it nerve-wracking to influence her potential mate, lest her influence had failed. It didn't. Yay! happy.gif

hehe I had a feeling my first Tinsel would get soft shell xd.png I just fogged it and I'm going to wait a couple hours or so before unfogging. I thought I was doing alright as I placed it in one site at 6d 23h, waited an hour then placed it in another x'3 I guess I should've waited at least 2 or more hours before placing it in the second site xd.png Oh well, it'll survive, I'll just be more careful when re-placing it in sites ^^;

The thing is: NEVER INCUBATE YOUR TINSEL.

It makes them very stubborn to hatch and more easy to get sick while in ER.

My Bronze was incubated and it went just fine. I don't think there was even any sickness. Of course, I only get a few thousand views total on my dragons to begin with.

He didn't gender as a hatchling until right before he grew up, though.

Edited by WatersMoon110

My Tinsel is cured of soft shell (has been for a few hours already), and I re-placed it on DDF and Silvi's Lair. I am curious about something though.... would I do more harm to it if I added it to another fansite, or are the ones I have it in already good enough? unsure.gif I'm just worried that it won't gain enough UV/V's to hatch

My Tinsel is cured of soft shell (has been for a few hours already), and I re-placed it on DDF and Silvi's Lair. I am curious about something though.... would I do more harm to it if I added it to another fansite, or are the ones I have it in already good enough? unsure.gif I'm just worried that it won't gain enough UV/V's to hatch

If I looked at the right tinsel, your egg is at 6 days 13 hours. I usually don't post eggs until they are below 6 days 5 hours or so.

Edited by rubyshoes

If I looked at the right tinsel, your egg is at 6 days 13 hours. I usually don't post eggs until they are below 6 days 5 hours or so.

Oh ok, thanks smile.gif I'll just leave it as is then.

I was just gifted my beatiful silver tinsel yesterday. Any suggestions of how to take good care of them? As Im posting this mine has 5 days 7 hours. :V

As long as you don't ER them in four sites them and impatiently viewbomb them like me waiting for them to grow, it'll be fine. Around3d 10 hrs they grow fine with a 'normal' 4k-ish views.

1. Wait till ER

2. Put on every hatchery known to DC

3. Get to 1337 UVs

4. Hide

5. Profit

XP - I do encounter mine getting sick from time to time, but less often when I ER the egg and keep them on the hatcheries then. Le view bomb.

I hope my Tinsel hatches alright unsure.gif It's a 4d 23h, no cracks, and has 1,021V/334UV/27C.... Will it be able to hatch? unsure.gif I'm scared of placing it in more hatcheries that I should, for fear of it dying sad.gif (If this is normal, then ignore this, I'm a worrywart ^^; )

*Edit* - Added it to 3 more hatcheries, so now hopefully it'll start hatching smile.gif (And hopefully it doesn't get sick again ^^; *knocks on wood*)

Edited by FluffyPillow

I'm pretty sure I incubated mine and it never got sick...I didn't do it right away though. It probably had somewhere between 4 and 5 days when I did.

I have just incubated one between 5 and 6 days, so fingers crossed I'll be with Nerruse and other posters and have no troubles with it! I am a little concerned with leaving mine over-night now, though. Will have to ponder whether or not to just fog it and re-add it to the ERs in the morning. Given my time-zone, though, I tend to get the most views while I'm asleep with the fansites. Hmmm... what to do?! I do like to keep an eye on eggs that have been incubated....

All my attempts to summon a GoN have failed so far, so hopefully tinsel-success will bode well for when I am finally lucky enough to get one of those!

What breeds of dragons are more likely to produce a tinsel egg? (besides tinselx tinsel) I've tried white and Geode. what breeds do yours normally produce a tinsel with?

When I got my tinsel, it grew up without getting sick at all.

My Tinsel currently has one crack. Its at 4 days 23 hours as Im posting this. With 1536 views, 455 unique views, 36 clicks. Just want to know if thats somewhere close to average of when they should start getting cracks.

I popped my tinsels into all of the hatcheries I could find, they never got soft shell. In 7+ hatcheries. I was freaking out that they would never grow up on time, even when I stuck them in there after I got them. I still am worried, if I ever breed any of my tinsels. 8C