Mysfytt

How INBRED IS your inbred?

I was fooling around and bred this black stripe (Dorkface x 3....lol)

Inbreeding

It's not as bad as the 650 dragon one though... O.o

I think this 21-generation Ice is my record:

FGRoO has 196 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Nowhere near 650, but nonetheless, it's a lot for my scroll.

It's also the longest lineage I have, at least as far as I can (sanely) tell.

This is not the right way to figure how inbred something is - one *instance* of inbreeding can produce dozens/hundreds of repeated ancestors if the dragons who were related have long lineages.

This dragon has five ancestors that appear more than once, but only one instance of inbreeding - when tXT9 was bred with his daughter. That means it is not any more inbred than this dragon, where HLhR was bred with her son.

This dragon is more inbred because it has multiple instances of inbreeding in its lineage - Fourth generation from the cave, Adrianne is bred with nephew Dracco to produce Serene Grace. Fifth gen from the cave, Stormynight is bred with son GoldKnight to produce Glowbright. Also fifth gen, already-inbred Serene Grace is bred to cousin Coleson to produce Barbara. Sixth gen from the cave, already-inbred Barbara is bred to already-inbred and also related Glowbright to produce Rafaello.

Edited by tiktokism

This is not the right way to figure how inbred something is - one *instance* of inbreeding can produce dozens/hundreds of repeated ancestors if the dragons who were related have long lineages.

I get what you're saying, but I don't have time or the inclination to do it the 'proper' way with the egg I found. Feel free to untangle the lineage to your heart's content. I'll just go with the fansite's count:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Inbred.php...=full&repeats=y.

Have fun counting *instances*! You'll have to let me know how many... wink.gif

Just checked how many gens - 22nd, for anyone interested. That might just be my longest lineage!

SL

alot.png

user posted image

blink.gifThis one should win an award. AoND kept timing out! If any black should hatch alt, this one should!! xd.png

Wow. That's impressive.

I have one with 93 dragons that appear more than once. It's not from the AP though. I traded for it. Orange 'n Black 'n Red All Over. I probably have some with more that I unintentionally bred when I first started. I also have a few that I've bred intentionally.

According to AoND, this hatchie has 426 dragons that appear more than once in its lineage.

This split has 152 dragons that appear more than once. That's not as impressive as 426, but for a split I think that's a lot.

Both of them came from the AP.

Edited by mstigerlily

Just to give some input/perspective into why it works the way it does, for anyone who is curious...

As the owner/creator of AoND -- I fully agree with you, and originally set out to count instances, rather than sticking with EDS' method of only counting repeat dragons.

However, counting instances gets tangled very quickly*, and specific counting methods for all instances would never be agreed upon. That's why the inbred counter very carefully never claims to count instances, nor to state how inbred a dragon is (ok, it implies it with the numbers, but people like numbers, and there are only so many things to count). It just gives the hard facts of how many dragons show up repeatedly, and how many times they repeat. It's your job from there to determine how many instances you want to count -- and the "how many times" part is honestly probably the better indicator, there. If each dragon shows up only twice, you can make a safe guess that it's a parent/child or sibling/sibling issue somewhere in the lineage. If dragons show up dozens of times, the tangled counting becomes a problem.

And heck, even if we can't easily/reliably/agreeably count instances, it can still be fun to see the rest! It's just looking at different pieces.

* Some thought exercises:

~Parent to child is clearly one instance, but what if the same parent also breeds with a grandchild? Some say still one instance, since it's the same dragon, while others say two instances, for the number of times it shows up.

~What about siblings being bred? One instance (for the time they were bred), or two (one for each sibling), or two (one for each parent), or four (one for each time the same parent turns up)? Or more, combining the parents' re-occurence with the siblings' breeding? Now try with step-siblings.

~Consider also, when a dragon turns up once in the father's lineage, 15 generations back, just one CB, and also in the mother's lineage, 12 generations back, that same one CB, with no other dragons turning up more than once. Does that even count as being inbred, that long ago and far apart? How many instances? Where do you count from?

~Or, if there's an instance of inbreeding in the father's lineage, and the same instance in the mother's, how many instances are there in the child's? One, because the parents were already related? Two, for the previous instances? Three, for the previous instances plus the parents' breeding?

~And tangentially, for siblings that're bred, when the highlighting option on the lineage viewer is used, who gets highlighted -- the (individually clean, but repeated) parents, the (individually clean, not repeated) siblings, and/or the resulting (unquestionably inbred) child?

Since most Dorkfaces are inbred, I checked mine. My White Dorkface has at least 11 repeats in the lineage. rolleyes.gif

I get what you're saying, but I don't have time or the inclination to do it the 'proper' way with the egg I found. Feel free to untangle the lineage to your heart's content. I'll just go with the fansite's count:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Inbred.php...=full&repeats=y.

Have fun counting *instances*! You'll have to let me know how many... wink.gif

Just checked how many gens - 22nd, for anyone interested. That might just be my longest lineage!

SL

alot.png

My frozen bluna beats that; the first time I tried it - days ago - it said more than 25 gens, but it couldn't count them all as the cave was laggy, and to come back later. I thought I'd try again, after establishing that it isn't as inbred as I assumed, and for half an hour, I just get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in /home/content/43/8217543/html/NDER/Lineage.php on line 260

I guess it is prehistoric....

Following tiktokism comment ‘This is not the right way to figure how inbred something is - one *instance* of inbreeding can produce dozens/hundreds of repeated ancestors if the dragons who were related have long lineages.’ Which is totally true, I have gone through my dragons again and this is what I have come up with.

Madness and Mayhem has at least 1 dragon that appears in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 1

- MedusaSadi Oj45 bred with son KalyphSadi SXyK to produce Madness and Mayhem dresI

Schweppervescence Dorkface has at least 1 dragon that appears in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 1

-IYNI bred with daughter VC75 to produce G6g3

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6mSP'> Golden Lacquer has at least 1 dragon that appears in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 1

- T66L bred with daughter hjsL to produce IVqu

Bluedanube Dorkface has at least 7 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 1

- Desoiso IiU8 bred with son Triwwz SmLj to produce Tai-Bittler ncO2

Forste has at least 79 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once. –

Inbred x 1

- qpkK bred with his Daughter u5mH to produce mcb0

http://dragcave.net/lineage/mXtB'> An Eclipse of time has at least 4 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 2

- 9z1P bred with daughter o1xK to produce V’Aidan 52ZL

- Leonides grandson C Woede Q31s bred with Leonides great granddaughter Holly The Bright 2GrM to produce KFeS

Duke of Carrick has at least 11 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 3

- Encourageassiez 4TNv bred with daughter Erminito Ox9K to produce HIhT

- J7Lf bred with daughter lfSt to produce ZBSm

- Vidaski P7gI great grandson Carrickfergus wxeW bred with Vidaski P7gI granddaughter Duchess Kate 3f0L to produce Duke of Carrick ON15

Sighing Winds has at least 27 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 3

- H2vt bred with Daughter qTYB to produce MTr6

- Chouette mill F8a8 x Heidegins yell xHeG grandson Tsubakihara noll Keds bred with Chouette mill F8a8 x Heidegins yell xHeG granddaughter Arietpia dell 6IEY to produce 6bSk

- afTu x qNY6 son BJIM bred with afTu x qNY6 granddaughter FjL5 to produce B e l l e r o p h o n j2iN

http://dragcave.net/lineage/LdOM '>Emrald Tyger has at least 6 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x5

- jCOj grandson UJrk bred with jCOj great granddaughter y4Es to produce iSwR

- Dalmatica Cheskar 4znU grandson Paeslen Cheskar cJTe bred with Dalmatica Cheskar 4znU daughter to produce Supa love eK7U

- 3m9B son BfDU bred with sister rPtn to produce SMpE

- 3m9B son BfDU bred with sister rPtn to produce SOHz

- SMpe bred with sister SOHZ to produce Gold Red Mousey H ck2Y

Stattyc has at least 98 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 9

- Ramar KFBH bred with daughter Diana Mju7 to produce c5Tb

- Sumac Lonicero Yc5w bred with daughter Wisteria Venusta EuoK to produce k9l3

- Red Lacewing AsYs bred with daughter Green Lacewing nvUP to produce Eternal Cinna RbkR

- Tannim PWay bred with daughter Eefp to produce Mentha Laxiflora IB bCCm

-IaZV bred with great great grand daughter1acr to produce BantamBaroness jRoM

- Ekutan Chan Ddriag wUsSbred with great grandson Ea'cir Chan Ddriag IdnJ to produce Ea'tan Chan Ddriag r84Y

- False pass COA2 bred with great great granddaughter Anupal Chan Ddriag Okhr

-Tomithys granddaughter Tara MichelleIe mMru bred with Timothy son Terry Bellefleur QIp6 to produce Graceful Tranquility 4Enc

- Ambler yl6V bred with granddaughter Hipabler Chan Ddriag 9hse to produce Mipabler Chan Ddriag D650

So out of mine - Stattyc is still the highest at 9 cases of inbreeding

(also updated the first page)

I would like to present Befuddled Dorkfaces

She was found as an egg in the AP.

According to the full scan setting on AoND

"oouuX has 309 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once."

At least the most recent attempt that didn't get me an error page. biggrin.gif

It makes me dizzy trying to sort out which ones have the same dragon as father and maternal grandfather, etc. blink.gif

had a look at some of yours - yes lots of time on my hands

Sir Barton – http://dragcave.net/lineage/W2OB'>Stormcloud Thunderling 228has at least 191 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 6

- GPJZ bred with son V3Xk to produce 59mS

- wN6V bred with son r4Qj to produce KGYe

- FyNa x 59mS great great grandson W7n1 bred with FyNa x 59mS grand daughter 6JHJ to produce Mikadzuki Midnight 7GAj

- Mark Freeman iXHM bred with daughter Leonette O’Leary it7h to produce Loudyn Matthews IQvl

- Fc8O bred with daughter g2KA to produce pPzz

- EOsg x 7Com grandson hnNB bred with EOsg x 7Com granddaughter WcIV to produce Silver CocaCola b6gn

rubyshoes – Ivory Striped Double Dorkface has at least 185 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 2

- Alpha Agery qfrv bred with daughter Efalancher isyo to produce jy3I

- YbDB x H6LL – son g7gS bred with sister YbDB x H6LL – Xydr to produce Ivory Striped Double Dorkface bX9U

TheCompleteAnimorph – A Little Elegy has at least 16 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 15

- Detective Hakuba qbTT x Tatiana Romanov frqS son Solus Undine imjX bred with sister Silva Yami T00L to produce Erinyes Tsuki t30X

- Detective Hakuba qbTT x Tatiana Romanov frqS son Solus Undine imjX bred with sister Silva Yami T00L to produce Kurenai Aka R16P

- Erinyes Tsuki t30X bred with sister Kurenai Aka R16P to produce Venomous Heart bVSg

- Erinyes Tsuki t30X bred with sister Kurenai Aka R16P to produce Toxic Thoughts 4S2X

- Venomous Heart bVSg bred with sister Toxic Thoughts 4S2X to produce Rising Wrath nLJC

- Venomous Heart bVSg bred with sister Toxic Thoughts 4S2X to produce Falling Pride 8Qfo

- Rising Wrath nLJC bred with sister Falling Pride 8Qfo to produce Cerulean Capacity Core 1YpO

- Rising Wrath nLJC bred with sister Falling Pride 8Qfo to produce Azure Cruxis Crystal ZtQq

- Cerulean Capacity Core 1YpO bred with sister Azure Cruxis Crystal ZtQq to produce Lorelei AvAlOn VIOn

- Cerulean Capacity Core 1YpO bred with sister Azure Cruxis Crystal ZtQq to produce Akerya KaToN aToN

- Lorelei AvAlOn VIOn bred with sister Akerya KaToN aToN to produce Kyumera Sqnu

- Lorelei AvAlOn VIOn bred with sister Akerya KaToN aToN to produce Manutykore 8fpL

- Kyumera Sqnu bred with sister Manutykore 8fpL to produce Eric Woolfson 0Isu

- Kyumera Sqnu bred with sister Manutykore 8fpL to produce Alan Parsons BcER

- Eric Woolfson 0Isu bred with sister Alan Parsons BcER to produce A Little Edgy fG8c

silverstreak12 – Blue tropics has at least 8 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 7

- Bahamas D57o bred with sister Blue Hawiian SPbI to produce Antigua LWJ1

- Bahamas D57o bred with sister Blue Hawiian SPbI to produce Blue Marlin v0N3

- Antigua LWJ1 bred with sister Blue Marlin v0N3 to produce Aruba ptqc

- Antigua LWJ1 bred with sister Blue Marlin v0N3 to produce Blue Kamikazi K2lG

- Aruba ptqc bred with sister Blue Kamikazi K2lG to produce Curacao jtvco

- Aruba ptqc bred with sister Blue Kamikazi K2lG to produce Blue Bohemian V9Fe

- Curacao jtvco brd with sister Blue Bohemian V9Fe to produce Blue Tropics ORoVK

Wookieinmashoo = So Inbred it Hurts has at least 158 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 9

- kDCF bred with son fjln to produce y1Th

- Lady Donella Ione fnke bred with grandson Lord Ealon Loyalar Mgd9

- uUel bred with son 712D to produce 9nSG

- SpEG son eVcA bred with SpEG granddaughter rBW1

- Deception and Greed3MC2 bred with son Ryool and Kore c54y

- i5ZA bred with sister 4fVV to produce 6bey

- elh2 bred with great grandson to produce Bijv

- K7dd bred with sister KgYO to produce fztT

- nr6Z bred with sister kpjx to produce Skyldra 1uja

too inbred for you has at least 208 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 17

- kDCF bred with son fjln to produce y1Th

- Lady Donella Ione fnke bred with grandson Lord Ealon Loyalar Mgd9

- uUel bred with son 712D to produce 9nSG

- SpEG son eVcA bred with SpEG granddaughter rBW1

- Deception and Greed3MC2 bred with son Ryool and Kore c54y

- i5ZA bred with sister 4fVV to produce 6bey

- elh2 bred with great grandson to produce Bijv

- K7dd bred with sister KgYO to produce fztT

- nr6Z bred with sister kpjx to produce Skyldra 1uja

- cR8m bred with sister N6nZ to produce IHWq

- SrpF daughter dQiE bred with SrpF grandson Llsv to produce X2UN

- BjJc x RbJv son Logan and Caelan nJqW bred with BjJc x RbJv granddaughter v6Se to produce xkkH

-dfpS x dz1k daughter bred with dfpS x dz1k grandson hOCl to produce m4G1

- m4G1 grandson fJlf bred with m4G1 granddaughter emap to produce fmOI

- Knad Darastrix QJyL bred with son Tie Xoutj to produce 7k98

- Dos Doldos 3FwB son A Doldo with 2 Heads N7on bred with Dos Doldos 3FwB daughter 2 Heads 1 Doldo KPKg to produce bob and edward jW19

- bob and edward jW19 grandson Cyrus and Zee I2RL bred with bob and edward jW19 daughter kanya and name VWAp

Kurtos – name has at least 1 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 2

- Maleco UPWs bred with son Rose Raider Menelmana vWKk to produce F7W9

- F7W9 bread with mother Maleco UPWs to produce The one to rule them all v84k

Bamboomonkey – be aware has at least 92 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Inbred x 10

- Angelito 6pkV x DI5L great grandson Shyne OxUz bred with Angelito 6pkV x DI5L daughter uqG5 to produce Aurumel OA9D

- Magickal Night Warrior 4pmt bred with daughter Magickal Wind Surfer 7i5V to produce eeCu

- M2gH son YBlx bred with M2gH x 7tw3 daughter 2p63 to produce MflW

- 2p63 daughter MflW bred with 2p63 son Bn9x to produce Magical Orange pXkX

- DxMr bred with daughter 3Ibm to produce FNd1

- Black Glaius EZJZ bred with great granddaughter 5K1C to produce Black Hessonite k1kw

- Black Lawence TEKK grandson Black Arang MRRh bred with Black Lawence TEKK daughter Black lucy kXKd to produce Black Goshenite EvmQ

- Black Gladius EZJZ son Black Hessonite k1kw bred with Black Gladius EZJZ great grandson black Citrine NUH3 to produce sG4d

- Black Gladius EZJZ bred with son Black Lawence TEKK to produce Black lucy kXKd

- Black Pleta 6S4m great grandson fR7l bred with Black Pleta 6S4m great great granddaughter sG4d

Edited by Mysfytt

This thread is glorious. I got this amazing thing from the AP: My First Inbred.

AoND says 97 dragons appear in the lineage more than once! =D =D

Edited by Dulcius

lol. I need to hunt down my inbreds

does it count if the dragon was dumped into the ap, and you caught it's offspring?

Edited by bluebell_rose

Found this red on the AP a long time ago, when I first started. It was my first red, and I didn't care much about lineage then. Not that many repeated dragons (haven't checked the number), but his father is his grandfather is his greatgrandfather. Good grief.

Leidarendi that is impressive - what's more impressive is your army of sea-serpents if that scroll image is anything to go by @-@

I caught an Ember in the AP, and according to Allure it has at least 64 dragons in there more than once.

It's now a stage 1 frozen hatchie!