dreamgirl5

Dream's artwork, requests CLOSED!

yeah, so, I thought I could make art thread. dont shoot me! I wanted to do this so I could get better at drawing. I would like some crits and tips to how make it better.

some examples (will add more when I can):

angel (I saw this one in church, so I tried to draw it when I came home)

black alt hatchling

finished version of black alt :3

so, what do you think? im trying to paint pictures I draw on GIMP, but I cant make shading there, no matter what D: made my first digital art biggrin.gif im very proud of it! (the black alt hatchie)

requests are CLOSED D:

digital art:

1. Scm (ruby dragon)~ sketch and lines done. need coloring and shading.

2. Siryuki (ampipthere)~ flats done, need shading

3. Tearadria (marrow with colors of OC)~ nothing yet D:

4. Dragongirl (female silver hatchie and pillow hatchie [=DDDD])~ nothing yet D:

lineart:

1. Glamour (pillow, ridgewing or nebula hatchie.)~ almost done, only need to upload whaen I have time

it would probably take me about 3 days for digital, 1 for lines. it can take more/less though

form:

[COLOR=purple][SIZE=7]I want to request a drawing![/SIZE]
[B]username:[/B]
[B]type:[/B] (digital, sketch, shaded sketch?)
[B]I want:[/B] (what dragon/s?)
[B]what it looks like?:[/B] (if not DC. It would be nice if you have reference pic)
[B]Pose: [/B]
[B]Background:[/B] (I can dso simplier backgrounds. I can also make you one with backround, one without.)
[B]Other:[/B][/COLOR]

rules: (yush, I have those too.)

no begging

be nice!

don't ask for drawing when there is no spot

use the proper form

PLEASE poke me or something as much as you can. rushing will make me draw request better, and it will probably look even better than if I do it for weeks and months <.<

enjoy! :3 or I will bite you

finished art:

LLD's magi and moonstone

NOTE: you can freely ask for resize. I would appriciate if you would use the digital I made you but its not required.

Edited by dreamgirl5

:0 There so good! You have talent, my friend laugh.gif I can't colour on GIMP either, so don't worry. But mine is because no scanner/drawing tablet= (sad face) Keep up the good work!

aww thanks! happy.gif I will try my best!

EDIT: I have some new drawings. will add them tommorow :3

Edited by dreamgirl5

Eeeee. <3 I love your art. It's so cute.

I especially love the first image you linked. 83

And might I suggest using the burn/dodge tool on GIMP for shading? It's what I started to use after I had shading issues, helped me get the hang of it.

And the digital art is great. That draggy is so cute. <3

aww thanks :3 its honor to hear that from such great artist as you biggrin.gif

burn/dodge for shading. got it! thanks! laugh.gif

and thanks again xd.png

EDIT: what do you think, should I open requests? will people would request from me if I do? (sketches AND digital)

Edited by dreamgirl5

H-honor? :'D

Well, I'd definitely request sometime. <3 The style you draw with is so cute.

I say go for it. 83 It's up to you.

Edited by Switch

yup, very honored :3

REALLY? you would request? *faints* and you think I have cute style? ohmy.gif *cant believe*

when you say that, im going to open requests :3 one space for digital and two for lines for now :3

*gives waffle to Switch* (happy.gif)>#

Your art is very cute, and that digital turned out very nice!!

Honestly, I would suggest Easy Paint Tool SAI for drawing. Though it isn't free, you have a 30 day free trial and it's kinda easy to cheat the trial. xd.png;; You can still use the program after the trial is up, you just cant save so you printscreen instead.

I'd like to give you some honest critique though.

It looks like your images have no distinct light source. The shading + highlights wouldn't be possible in a real-life situation. A tutorial like this should help ya a bit wink.gif

Either way, you've got talent. GJ!

ohh, thanks biggrin.gif I knew im not doing shading good, I just had no idea how to make it better xd.png I will sure try to improve it :3

Mind if I be the first to request something?

Type: Digital

What?: 2 dragons, Female Moonstone and a male Magi.

Pose: fully body hugging. (can supply example if ya need one.)

Is that ok?

Hi can I request a dragon that was carved out of rubies/enchanted ruby dragon in digital form.

Saw form sorry.

Type: Digital

What?: enchanted ruby dragon

Pose: sitting down smiling

Is that ok?

Edited by scm7271999

already requests? ohmy.gif YAY!! xd.png

oh sorry Scm, but spot for digital is taken by LLD =/ I can still draw you just lines =/

LLD: sure, I will get on it as soon as I can biggrin.gif it may take bit long, I dont know how sucssesful I will be with pair xd.png

I will put up form in OP :3

EDIT: Scm: I could put you on waiting list. I need some practice with digital I guess. can you describe a dragon a bit more? like general looking (horns, wings etc). also, do you want it to be 'made' of much rubies or just to be like one ruby itself? /fail

and that drawing could take pretty much time to draw.

Edited by dreamgirl5

you'll be stalking? :'D

when I finish what I have now, I can draw you whatever you liek :3 I owe you that. you draw me eggs biggrin.gif

Sure if I can come back and request the finished product when there is a spot.

Sure if I can come back and request the finished product when there is a spot.

I will draw lineart for you Scm, you can ask me whenever you like to paint it (if there's a spot of course :3)

you want the dragon to be made of several rubies, right?

and can you maybe describe the dragon a bit more? like, does it have horns, wings, is it wywern or eastern or western type, what the tail looks like etc?

Edited by dreamgirl5

LLD's request is done! :3 lolfail

I can resize it for you if you want, just ask. also, I realized that I can do simplier bachgrounds so if you want backround on pic I'll add it wink.gif

so, digital spot is OPEN. meow :3

I believe scm7271999 wanted that digital spot. So did Switch, as a matter of fact.

I'd love to request lineart :3

I would like one of the following, whichever one you want to make, because I can't make up my mind! xd.png

- a Pillow dragon, if you can handle the fluff

- a Ridgewing (I don't think color or gender makes a difference, since it's lineart)

- or a Nebula hatchling :3 gendered, ungendered, either way is fine

All of these are slightly more difficult than what you've been doing, so I'm not asking for anything ridiculously detailed and fancy- don't kill yourself, okay? 83

Uh...if I don't know what I want, how do I make a form?

:3

Type: Lineart

What?: One of the above three dragons ^.^

Pose: Pose is up to you. I'm not picky. Anything you make, I'll love. Promise.

I don't want to be too specific, because I want to see what you come up with. That's the fun of art- how unexpected it is sometimes. <3

So...I can't wait to see what you decide to do with this. Well, have fun drawing, and I'll wait patiently until your masterpiece is revealed <3 I love the way you draw, it's so adorable. How could I not request something after I saw your alt Black? 8D

Edited by glamoursea2

I know they both did xd.png but there is one spot, so I just left it open for anyone. first come, first serve tongue.gif

but I would let Switch to request anywhen :3

masterpiece? :'D really?

I already have idea with your request. *keeps silent* tongue.gif

and when we are at sketchess, I finished the ruby dragon. going to scan it now. its just 'test' though. I wasnt sure how to make it =/

EDIT: dis is my try at ruby: http://i54.tinypic.com/2crwyoh.jpg

NOTE: its just a test drawing. I made it so Scm can tell me what to tweak.

Edited by dreamgirl5

LLD's request is done! :3 lolfail

I can resize it for you if you want, just ask. also, I realized that I can do simplier bachgrounds so if you want backround on pic I'll add it wink.gif

Heh tis cute style heh. Thanks.

SInce digital are it open can you move my dragon made out of rubies to the digital art spot please??

glad you like it LLD biggrin.gif

of course I can :3

so, I sketched it good?

EDIT: school starts soon to me so it could take me longer to do requests <.<

Edited by dreamgirl5

*nudges thread upward*

Ooh, I love that Magi you drew on LLD's request! It's so shiny and adorable <3