catdragon9

Dragon video games

I'm so annoyed when I look at Some video fames because their all against dragons. WHY?!!! dragons are awesome!!!

Not all of them! Legend of Dragoon comes to mind as one great example where dragons are on the site of the GOOD guys...

There is Drakken and Drakkenguard both about good dragons.

Lair is too.

Though there really aren't all that many.

I'm so annoyed when I look at Some video fames because their all against dragons. WHY?!!! dragons are awesome!!!

That's because for a very long time Dragons were regarded as symbols of evil. I know in some cultures they had different meanings, but in many western tales they were the bad guy, on the bad guy's side or maybe just a obstacle to overcome on a quest.

This train of thought has been carried on into video games. Many people grew up thinking dragons are bad and therefore can identify with a dragon antagonist. This is true in a lot of plots, not just video games.

You're right. I would like to see more games where one can be a dragon, and not fight a dragon...

I'd like to see a game where you could raise different dragons for battle. I loved the Dracs (dragons) in the Jade Coccon series. I hope that they make a third game some day.

that is a great idea but the problem is is that one) the dragons would take up too much data two) the game designers have a hard enough time thinking about plots for games already three) if you see how many people actually posted in this how many people do you actually think would actually buy the game. I am not saying it is a bad idea I am saying it would be a bad idea financially for the company who made it like the sims medieval was on the border to adding dragons that you can control to the game..

Why would a dragon take up more data than any other type of creature?

And point 2 makes no sense. Even I could come up with a plot idea.

And lastly there are plenty of popular games in existence that barely get an mention on these forums, if at all.

Q1)why would a dragon take up space.

A)well first, in most games, if you make a character,you have, skills, levels,abilities,and choices. dragons are not meant for shooters,music, and barely for sim. mmos/RPGs are the only place where they are available and they take up about 10 GBs already. imagine everybody being replaced with dragons. then it could take up almost 40 GBs.

Q2)point 2 makes no sense,I could do it.

A) forum games are easier then other games. plus you have to think about these things. dialog,combat, and possibly evolution which goes back to data. you could have an idea but it might not work that well in the modern day gaming. but if you do have an idea, it could go into an mmo.

Q3)no mention.

A) sims medevil,dragon age, monster hunter,some star wars games and dragon quest.

I have to say that number one is really based off of nothing. Dragons do NOT take up more space than any other creature! They may be "bigger" in the way that they are displayed in the game, but the data that dictates the way they act can be as simple or as complicated as the game designer dictates. Obviously, if the main characters in the game where dragons then they would probably take up the most space, but they would be no more than any other main character. For example, in "Dragon Age: Origins," the characters and their skill trees are very complicated and probably take up a good amount of memory. If you simply replace the graphics with a different dragons and change some of the dynamics, along with changing some of the skill trees to fit the theme, then you would have a wonderful dragon character that takes up no more space than any other rpg/mmo character.

Ok, it may be somewhat hard to come up with a creative and new concept, but with all of the amazing game companies out there it would only be a matter of time before a good concept came into play. Also, why is it an issue if dragons fit into mmo/rpg games? Many people like these games, and seeing as rpg/mmo games are growing in both notoriety and impressiveness, i believe that a well made dragon-based mmo would be widely popular. Obviously dragons don't fit into music, but most games DONT. If a company really wanted to they could make a dragon sim game, and ive yet to see a shooter that has a creature as the main character, seeing as most involve guns. You could, however, be a human character that can transform into a dragon, and while in your human form you could play a shooter-type game.

I don't even understand the last one, there is no room for argument. There are, and probably always will be, famous games that are not mentioned in these forums.

Edited by leodoug

Dragons don't take up almost 10GB of data. I mean you can easily do something like a Spyro game. There are plenty of ways to do dragons in a game...I wouldnt be one, but maybe raise one or use them as a pet in battle.

So a random idea I had for a game involving using dragons.

You start off the game with a baby dragon/egg that you hatch and raise it to say, a level cap of 10. With every level the sprite changes/grows a bit so that there is an obvious difference between a baby (level 1) and an adult (10).

Adult dragons don't have to be huge, just obviously bigger than a baby.

You can collect more eggs as you play the game. Either on the map, battle rewards, quest rewards or random gifts from NPCs. Whatever.

When two dragons have reached adulthood (level 10) you can breed them together to get a new egg. The egg will inherit half of its parent's total stats and perhaps an ability or two.

Say for example that you have two adult dragons. A male fire dragon with an attack strength of 16 and an female ice dragon with an attack strength of 10. 16+10=26. 26/2 = 13. Their baby will start off with an attack power of 13.

Say the child is an ice type like it's mother. It will inherit skills from it's mother but as it grows will learn skills available only to second generation ice dragons. There is a very low chance of it inheriting a fire skill from it's father.

Obviously there will be many different types/elements of dragons (wind, wood, earth, metal, fire, ice etc) and perhaps even different species within the elements, so that you could have a wingless fire species that has a higher chance of learning earth skills from it's parent and a winged species that has a better chance of learning wind skills.

It's only a rough idea and would need a lot of tidying up (as well as a plot and so forth) but I think it could work.

Edited by Fortune86

good idea but most of that was taken by the facebook game called dragons of atlantis. not all of it and I could make some dialogue plus run the site and one of my friends could draw some characters.another friend could make some of the help,Q/A,and some options and some other people could voice it and all that is left is the name,options, site tweaking, updates,bugs, and a lot of the story and I think we got it.

That is a very good idea and I could make it close to a reality smile.gif .

raising the dragon,eggs,changes and the eggs thing with getting it for rewards and the other stuff but not the level cap, the breed system(that is an epic way of thinking about it BTW),the wing/wingless and last is well the plot. in dragons of atlantis, the goal is to keep your dragon alive by battleing with others(for food/rewards of course) and keeping it at the top of the food chain. level cap (of somewhere in the hundreds I think) and that is the rest is that you end up in atlantis and you need to stay there with combat of others. you also need to keep your dragon safe from dragon hunters and you hide it in your city which you are almost constantly upgrading to keep it maintained.I don't use it either but I looked it up on wiki and that is more or less correct.

Edited by 9pmg5665

Q1)why would a dragon take up space.

A)well first, in most games, if you make a character,you have, skills, levels,abilities,and choices. dragons are not meant for shooters,music, and barely for sim. mmos/RPGs are the only place where they are available and they take up about 10 GBs already. imagine everybody being replaced with dragons. then it could take up almost 40 GBs.

Q2)point 2 makes no sense,I could do it.

A) forum games are easier then other games. plus you have to think about these things. dialog,combat, and possibly evolution which goes back to data. you could have an idea but it might not work that well in the modern day gaming. but if you do have an idea, it could go into an mmo.

One sentence: Spore with dragons as their main creatures. You have to think of another 'universal' thing other than planets though... land in Earth?

raising the dragon,eggs,changes and the eggs thing with getting it for rewards and the other stuff but not the level cap, the breed system(that is an epic way of thinking about it BTW),the wing/wingless and last is well the plot. in dragons of atlantis, the goal is to keep your dragon alive by battleing with others(for food/rewards of course) and keeping it at the top of the food chain. level cap (of somewhere in the hundreds I think) and that is the rest is that you end up in atlantis and you need to stay there with combat of others. you also need to keep your dragon safe from dragon hunters and you hide it in your city which you are almost constantly upgrading to keep it maintained.I don't use it either but I looked it up on wiki and that is more or less correct.

I never thought of a plot although what you say Dragons of Atlantis is a lot different from what I was thinking of. I was going for a pokemon/monster raising game.

I've actually seen plenty of games were dragons are more of a less neutral "race" or even seen as the good guys.

some good examples are:

I of the dragon (LOVE that game, just, wow, it was AWESOME)

Istaria (MMoRPG with playable dragon race, though, if ya ask me, it died)

Drakken.

Spyro (durrrrr XP)

and well, you guys all see this one coming, WoW (ok, maybe not ALL of them are "good guys", but heck, majority is)

I've ALWAYS dreamt of a sandbox game where you could play as a dragon, but heck, I'm pretty sure that would just take up an amazing amount of space, even if it would be simple, still doesnt stop me from dreaming ^.=.^ closest I could possibly get is Aro'Kai.

Actually there is a dragon based shooter game by the name of Panzer Dragoon Orta where you ride around on a dragon and shoot enemies in the air. and it has a reasonable story

i wish there was more games with dragons. though i guess its the debate that what they should look like and how they move that stumps some people. it would take a lot of work and detall.

All of the dragon games I'v heard of are:

Dragon Rage. PS2.

Panzer dragoon 1, Zwei, Saga, Orta. First 3 game are for Saga Satern. Orta is for Xbox.

Drakengard. PS2.

Savage skies. PS2.

Istaria. PC game.

Theres a few others but I cant remeber the names. (Also there was this series where these people fourt monsters and flew in this machine with a small dragon flying with them. I can remember some of the sences from it but thats about it.)