TJ09

2011-08-03 - State of the Cave

so awesome TJ - thanks so much for returning 5min hourly drops unrelated to AP stats *dances*

also thanks for the other updates! smile.gif

Ridgewings overpopulated?? It took me 10wks to breed one! I need to three more for the lineage project....so, if they're harder to get it will take more than 7 months??

*headdesk*

Good to know

Edited by a_god_s

Thank You for the info TJ. smile.gif

Random Breed Stats

Note: This is a glimpse into how things currently are. No changes have been made to these breeds.

Overpopulated (will be harder to find or breed): Albino, Ridgewing, Red

Underpopulated (will be easy to find or breed): Glorydrake, Waverunner, Bluna.

Ridgewings are overpopulated? Why am I having so much difficulty finding them, then? Seems that every time I visit the alpine biome, it's filled with Nocturnes - often three of them at the same time.

Edited by Aliantha

Thank you for the updates!

Any chance of a permanent page that shows the couple most over / under breeds? or all of them?

Cheers!

C4.

Here's one more supporting a stats page, although as I've already noted stats can be deceiving (e.g., ridgewings being overpopulated).

I was already wondering because of the downtime xd.png

I find the random breeding interesting and I like the 5 minute drop at the start, despite of the block biggrin.gif

Edited by Aurora-Silver

Ridgewings are overpopulated? Why am I having so much difficulty finding them, then? Seems that every time I visit the alpine biome, it's filled with Nocturnes - often three of them at the same time.

Overpopulated (will be harder to find or breed)

Because "overpopulated" means exactly what you are saying: They are harder to find.

yeah can't get on the page right now. i'm sure the updates will be great when i can finally see them. was trying to breed a red with an albino for a friend and no wonder it didn't work the last 3 times i tried it.

Thanks for the hourly drops!

But I don't get the thing about the over/underpopulated dragons. Maybe my English is just too bad laugh.gif But I have seen ONE in the caves since I started playing and maybe two or three on the AP and less than ten Reds.

And I saw lots of Waverunners.

Somebody explain this?

Edited by Gluria

Thanks for the hourly drops!

But I don't get the thing about the over/underpopulated dragons. Maybe my English is just too bad laugh.gif But I have seen ONE in the caves since I started playing and maybe two or three on the AP and less than ten Reds.

And I saw lots of Waverunners.

Somebody explain this?

Overpopulated here means that there are too many adults, so now there are less eggs because there are already so many adults. The underpopulated ones don't have enough adults, and so they're making more eggs to try to catch up.

It's always nice to be informed - thanks for the information.

Statistics are also interesting and spares luckless breeding attempts smile.gif

Ah, so that's why I can't access my scroll xd.png I was wondering why all of a sudden I couldn't get to my dragons x3

Awesome updates TJ smile.gif Thanks for the over/underpopulated info as well happy.gif

Thanks for the updates!

I was wishing for an Incubate and Influence page similar to the Teleport one, showing all the dragons that are available, but no blocking is good too! biggrin.gif

And I really love the breed ratio info! I hope there will be more! happy.gif

Btw, I got a CB Red some days ago. This means that I'm damn lucky?! xd.png

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

ZOMG. Can't remember the last time I was soo excited to see the changes D:

*grins* Forty reds and counting and I'm still running out of incubates. Somehow I'm not surprised they're overpopulated. Can't think why the albinos are, though.

For me the same problem wink.gif

I tried the last 2 weeks breeding reds from Red x Sunsong and all I got were Sunsongs. I like them much, so that is no problem, but I needed more reds and because Sunsongs were so difficult to breed, I thought, I get many reds and maybe aone or 2 Sunsongs.

I think, Albino's were overpopulated for a long time already.

But I still remember the time, that when you bred them, you were certain of a success, even when you wanted the other species, or maybe just then.

But a big Thanks for TJ for this update, it is very usefull for a breeder like me. smile.gif

I am using my iPod right now. xd.png

As for breeding...I just finally caught a CB red that I was going to breed...does that mean I won't have a good chance of getting red offspring(seems the same, my red are stuborn already).

I have 54 reds, and haven't run out of incubates "yet." But I'm keeping count if it's enough. But I was boosting their numbers a week or so ago, and had to breed 30 to get 7 eggs.

Cool about the updates, would love to see an overpopulated/underpopulated list also.

Thanks TJ.

I have 21 reds and run out within a week T-T

I'm going to end up trading rares for hatchies.

Thank you for the updates.

It's great news about the on the hour drop.

And I too would love to see more population stats.

OMG!!!! some stuff is great! but i have 2 projects using reds & ridgewings! I seriously think the ridgewing population would not be so high if you didnt have to breed a dozen times to get the Tan you needed... blink.gif

anyway thanks for the update! and yay to 5 minute guarentee on the bionomes! biggrin.gif