TJ09

2011-08-03 - State of the Cave

nooooo not reds! D: I'm still breeding them for my army! Oh well, good thing I got a whole bunch already...

Thanks for the update and the continued work! wink.gif

Okay I don't get this...random populations? The harder to breed/easier to breed, was that then or now? Because I rarely see ridgewings to begin with.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Thanks smile.gif And nice to see a definitive update on breeds, hopefully this'll be a regular thing!

TJ, thank you for these updates, especially the biomes being unblocked for at least 5 minutes and the breed stats.

More awesomeness from the Almighty TJ, thanks TJ!

An unblocked cave will be helpful.

Thank you for the updates!

Any chance of a permanent page that shows the couple most over / under breeds? or all of them?

Cheers!

C4.

That would be nice :3

Hooray for Blunas! c:

and unblocked biomes! good for desert drops. *nods*

Edited by glamoursea2

Thanks TJ...

...I wish ridgewings weren't harder to get; I've been trying to get a tan one for ages!

Cave Blocking

The biomes will no longer be "blocked" by abandoned eggs during the first five minutes of each hour.

Thank GOD. biggrin.gif

Holiday Pages

Holiday pages (such as the Festival of Eggs basket) are now accessible from the Account page in addition to the clickable badges.

Cool! I like this. biggrin.gif

Random Breed Stats

Overpopulated (will be harder to find or breed): Albino, Ridgewing, Red

Underpopulated (will be easy to find or breed): Glorydrake, Waverunner, Bluna.

Really not happy about the Ridgewing. I don't know if I've just not had luck, but I have only seen ONE Ridgewing in the Caves since the Biome update. I see Glorydrakes every time I go to the cave (nearly every day), so I'm not sure why those are being made even easier to find. Cool on the rest, though.

Really not happy about the Ridgewing. I don't know if I've just not had luck, but I have only seen ONE Ridgewing in the Caves since the Biome update. I see Glorydrakes every time I go to the cave (nearly every day), so I'm not sure why those are being made even easier to find. Cool on the rest, though.

He's not making glorydrakes easier to find. They already *are* easy to find. He's basically just giving trending data of which breeds are overpopulated (and thus won't be likely to be produced in great numbers) and which breeds are underpopulated (and thus, the cave will produce more of them).

Updates = sounds excellent all around!

And many thanks for the trending breeds data! Very good to know. :D

Thanks ever so much, TJ, especially for the 5-minute guaranteed drops at the top of the hour, and for the breed population data!

This makes life much better, lol.

More Glorydrakes? THANK YOU. biggrin.gif I've got one that I've been trying to breed for months now.

I looooooove the over/underpopulation info!! But I'm afraid it seems like some people think this means that the cave is deliberately going to make more/less, like this is an actual change. I took it to mean that TJ was giving us a little insight into how the ratios actually are right now, since many of us complain about that.

makes me glad I have a CB Albino on my scroll..well egg anyway.

Now to finally get a female one instead of all boys.

Hopfully this'll change soon

I thought reds were breeding a little less easily. Thanks for the breed info, TJ. The rest of the updates are good to know as well.

I sort of had an idea about the blunas too. Do you see a trend here? It's not like I was trying specifically for blunas either. Good thing I like them though. biggrin.gif

Edited by Fiona BlueFire