Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

Just as Diane was entering the library her mobile rang. The loud ringing caught the attention of the woman at the counter, making Diane had to smile a weak apology and step outside again.

Taking her mobile out of her pocket she flipped it open. It was Liz.

"Hello?" she said lifting it to her ear.

"Diane? You answered?" She started, then shook her head, "Um, nevermind. Hey, um," She looked around, seeing a few people in the hallway. Elizabeth couldn't just ask Diane directly if she was Kira or was involved with Kira so she decided to take a different course of action, "Hey, are you busy tonight? I you're not, could you come stop by my place? I really need to ask you something important." Aero was sitting loyally by Elizabeth's side, watching other residents and caretakers walk down the hallways.

Liz has never invited me to her place before thought Diane. Has something happened?

Diane knew that Liz lived alone, although there were vague recollections about the teenager mentioning a pet of some kind. Not really much in the way of family, although Diane knew how that felt. After Hannah's death her own parents had moved away, leaving Diane alone in London. She couldn't blame them. The whole ordeal had taken a terrible toll on her Mother's health and in the end her Father decided that the best thing to do was get away from all of the bad memories. Nonetheless, Diane knew she could phone them at any time. Liz did not have that luxury.

"I'm not sure" she said into the mouth piece as she waved away the curious Death God. "I was kind of relying on today to do some serious headway with my project. I probably won't be available until late."

Edited by Fortune86

Elizabeth nodded although she knew Diane couldn't see her, "That's fine. I won't be home until around eight anyways. I'm visiting my grandmother. I just really need to ask you something and I can't ask you at work or in public for that matter..." Aero slowly stood and padded into Elizabeth's grandmother's room as she called him to her bed.

Just as Nirto wanted to start with her work she heard her stomach rumble. She didn’t have dinner last night nor breakfast this morning. She then decided to go to the cafeteria to get something to eat. As she walked down the hall way she saw Diane on her phone out side the computer library. Suddenly with out even thinking she waved at her and continued to walk towards her.

((Should we all live in the same apartment building? It might help with role-play interaction))

The man shivered, he had forgotten to close the window in his bedroom, and hadn't covered up using his blanket. His teeth chattered, but the cool morning air felt good on his bare skin. His hands quickly moved to the window top and he swiftly shut the window, making a banging sound which woke up his dog.

The dog barked and it scratched at the door, as it had many times before. Akira yawned and went to the door and opened it, prompting his dog to bust out and almost knock him over. He yawned again and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and comb his hair, the usual morning ritual.

A few minutes later, he came out of the room looking much more refreshed and was back to his usual self, he decided not to go to the cafe today, and grabbed a pan from a cupboard and set it on the stove, and heated it up to med. He walked away from the pan and opened up the refrigerator and grabbed his pack of eggs. Only three left? Wow, i eat too many of these, I'm already out of bacon and the bread is almost out too. His face was set into a scowl at these facts, he decided that today he would make a trip to the grocery store, and buy some more eggs and bacon, along with some dog food.

Edited by Astrodeath311

The smell of eggs and warm bread tempted her nose making her realize how hungry she was. She hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday.

"I don't know. I'm not very familiar with the area. Pick a place." She said with a shrug then realized she hadn't been keeping track of recent events. She always kept on eye on the news keeping watch for any leads on her mother.

"Hey, do you have a computer or a TV?"

"Mmhmm," Sono murmured as he grabbed the remote from the counter and turned the TV on.

"...And in other news, a murderer has just been arrested the other day. David Jenson, along with some accomplaces, have committed several murders, one of them a 70 year old woman..." the news reporter droned on. Sono frowned.

"Why do they broadcast this stuff? It's not the thing I want to hear when I get up." He whirled around as the toast shot up out of the toaster. As quick as he could, he flippedone on a plate and slapped an egg on top. "Here you go." he handed Alex the plate while he prepared another one for himself. "Maybe we should go see...hmm...oh! The London eye!"

If only Kira was around I wouldn't have to hear about men like this." She thought.

"Beats me." she said in responce. She accepted the plate of food eagerly.

"Thanks." She pick up the piece toast and bit into it, she finished chewing and swallowed.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" She told him with a nod taking another bite. After swallowing she spoke up.

"Pretty good!"

~

Krystal got a call and she paused taking her cell out of her pocket.

"Hello?"

"Krys, are you near a TV?" Her father's voice asked.

"Yeah..." She got closer to the TV behind the counter and listened for a sec.

"Your talking about the story concerning that Jensen dude?"

"Yeah." He said and she moved away from prying ears.

"What about it dad?"

"It struck me odd that they would be covering this story other then the 100 deaths, so I did some digging."

"What did you find??"

"Nothing. I followed the paper trail back to the original instructions but I can't find who sent them. Whoever sent them is good at covering their tacks..."

"That's weird. Should I come back?"

"No go ahead and finish the shopping. See ya later sweetie."

"K dad. Good luck! Bye!" He said bye back then ended the call. Krystal put her phone away and continued her shopping.

((Good grief. The autocorrect has a dirty "mind". >.<

Fixed Fortune. Why I hate typing with the iPod. tongue.gif

Astro, did you want your char to go to the same store as Krystal and maybe say reconise her from a past school year? : p))

Edited by evangeline5432

((That would be way too much of a coincidence Astro.

There were only 100 deaths Vang lol))

Her Grandmother? Diane tried to remember what Liz had said about her. Wasn't she in some kind of home? Okay so it was slightly better than a dog, but not exactly someone she could rely on.

"I'll see what I can do" said Diane. "But I can't promise anything."

She turned on the spot when a movement caught her eye. It was the new girl at the café. What was her name again? The girl waved at her so Diane returned the gesture, wondering if she was going to come over.

Just as Nitro came closer she took a glimpse in by the computer library. It was rather full as it always in the early mornings and even if one was suppose to be quite in there it was rather noisy. She wondered if Diane wanted the use one of the computers for research a bit. “Maybe if she found it a bit to crowdie in there she could use my computer in the designing class since I’m going to the cafeteria for a bit anyway.” she thought to herself. She really wanted to make friends and since she had met her at the coffee shop she hoped that it would help building a friendship.

"Alright, well, just give me a call if you're coming. I'll talk to you later!" Elizabeth hung up the phone and walked back into her grandmother's room, sitting down on the armchair with Aero coming right over to her side. Elizabeth tried to think about how she would ask Diane if she came over. How do you ask someone if they're a murderer of justice?

"Goodbye."

The Death God sniggered as the other girl approached. Diane wondered if she needed a computer as well. Would she sit near Diane? It could make looking up what she needed to know a little awkward if so. She didn't want anyone to know what she was up to.

"Hello there" said Diane once the girl was in range.

"Hey there, Diane! That is your name right?" she asked when she was next to her. Smiling a bit she looked at the computer library then back to her. "Going to do a bit of research? It seems pretty full and busy. If you want you can use my computer in the designers class. No one is their and I will be in the cafiteria for a while." she said with a smile.

Diane glanced into the library. Mystery girl was right, it was looking pretty full. If she wasn't going to be around then perhaps using her computer wouldn't be such a bad thing.

"Thanks very kind of you" said Diane. "I hope it won't inconvenience you though. I have no idea how long it will take to find the information I need."

((Sure, but i'm RP'd out atm, that post took it outta me))

((Just hurry. lol Krystal can't stay there to long. xd.png))

Alex reached over, took the remote and changed it to a different channel. She was tired of hearing about David Jensen. Flipping through channels she stopped at one when she heard the words "100 dead convict* spoken by a reporter. She set the remote down and listened to what the lady had to say. "Yesterday, at exactly the same time 100 convicts died. Police say they still have no leads. Could this be a conspiracy or some weird epidemic...." Alex didn't hear what else the lady had to say, she had turned back to face Sono.

"You don't think....Nah. It couldn't be. Must be an explanation..." Her voice died off and she stared at her eggs and toast thinking.

((About time they heard something about it?? tongue.gif))

The man shut off the stove and moved the pan to another plate. He grabbed a spatula from a nearby drawer and flipped the eggs directly on the plate behind him. Ah... finally... he thought to himself as the egg landed in the middle with a satisfying splat. The toaster beeped and Akira walked over then took the toast out and placed it on the plate, then opened another drawer and removed a butter knife, grabbing the plate of butter on the counter top, he removed a portion and spread it over the butter, the smell of eggs and toast caused his dog to bark and beg for some. As it did every time Akira cooked eggs.

The man shooed his dog away and removed a fork from the silverware drawer and closed it. He walked over into the dining room and sat down in his chair and ate his breakfast, the heated floor felt warm and homey on his bare and cold feet. He flipped on the T.V and set it on the news. The reporter droned on and on until Akira heard something actually interesting.

"Yesterday, at exactly the same time 100 convicts died. Police say they still have no leads. Could this be a conspiracy or some weird epidemic...."

He scoffed and said to no-one in particular, "One hundred dead? at the same time? Yeah, right," and shook his head. He shut off the television and finished his breakfast. He then grabbed his coat and walked out the door, heading to the grocery store.

Nitro just smiled before she spoke. “Well since I skipped breakfast this morning and I’m rather hungry I will be most likely be at the cafeteria for basically an hour or so. It’s a bit early for them to have food ready so I will have to wait a bit anyway.” She pointed down the hallway that her class was not far from where they were standing. “It’s the second class to your left. Just go in and look of where my bags are. I’m the only one there so luckily no confusion for you. If I’m back before then I can always use one of the other computers. There aren’t a lot of people for designing anyway.” she said smiling again and slowly moved in the direction of the cafeteria. Edited by DragonSpirit009

Sono raised his eyebrows as Alex changed the channel. Maybe she had the same opinion as him, it was a horrible thing to wake up to. He bit into his toast.

"...Yesterday, at exactly the same time 100 convicts died..." Sono almost choked.

"What!?" he barked just as Alex turned back around to face him.

"You don't think....Nah. It couldn't be. Must be an explanation..."

"Wait...you mean...?" Kira? No. No it couldn't be. No, there would have to be some sort of way that someone...maybe...maybe it's all a hoax. He grunted before biting into his toast again.

"Thank you" said Diane nodding her head in appreciation.

She started to walk in the direction that the girl had pointed. She really wished she could remember her name. After a few minutes she found the room and a computer with a couple of bags next to it. Gently moving them to one side Diane was about to log in, but hesitated.

"What's wrong?"

She looked down at the keyboard. She hadn't touched it yet, but she had touched the chair and the other girl's bags. Nothing she could do about it now, but next time she would have to be more careful.

"The police aren't stupid. Much. They will be looking into the Kira case from ten years agon. If someone else is seen to be researching the same things they will get suspicious."

Diane rose from the seat and opened one of her own bags for a cut off of cloth. She rubbed down the chair as best she could and even gave the other girl's things a quick wipe. She walked over to the teacher's desk and using the cloth as a guard pulled on the top drawer. It was unlocked.

"What are you doing?"

Diane searched through the items in the drawer until she found what she wanted. A diary. Flipping it open Diane looked through the notes section and was pleased to find what she was searching for. The teacher's log in and password.

"If I do the research under someone else's log in" she explained to the Death God as she put everything back. "It'll be harder to trace back to me."

Returning to the compuer Diane continued to use the cloth as a barrier between her fingers and every she touched as she punched in the teacher's log in and password.

"Clever."

Just a Nitro reached cafeteria she heard a couple of people talking about the 100 criminals that just died. Ignoring them she walked towards the lady by the counter who took orders. “Hello there, Nitro. What will it be? A farmer’s breakfast or a toast on the go?” asked the lady waiting for an answer. Nitro looked up at the menu and decided that she will eat here instead of a take away. “I’ll have a farmer’s breakfast Megan. I’m going to take it slow today.” said Nitro taking out money to pay the lady. She then walked over to one of the tables that had a newspaper on it. She took a seat and looked around to see if she knew anyone but no one seemed familiar to her and everyone was already busy chatting away in their own little groups. Sighing at being alone again she took the paper and started to read.

It didn't take very long for Diane to find what she was after. It was on Youtube and had so many hits the number was just an endless row of nines, the site counter having hit it's max a long time ago.

Diane sat and watched as a tall dark haired man in a white suit, Lind L Taylor, claim to be L, the famous detectice, and vow to bring down Kira. It was all in Japanese, but subtitles had been added so that Diane could follow what was being said. A few minutes into the address the man in the white suit clutched at his chest and died. Diane's eyes narrowed when the screen turned into a fancy looking L and a new voice began to speak. It said that it had tricked Kira into revealing their whereabouts and now they knew exactly where to find them. Diane could only imagine how the Japanese Kira must have felt when they learned they had given such valuable information away.

The man on the news earlier was called David Jenson. Diane googled news reports in other regions of the country and saw that the news piece about him had only been broadcasted in London. Coincidence? She thought not.

"Two can play at that game."

"Huh?"

Opening a new window Diane typed in a new search. It took a few alterations of wording but eventually she found something suitable.

A few minutes later three young men who had kicked an old man to death in a small village in Wales died of heart attacks. The news piece about their crime had only been published in the village's local paper and the paper's website.

"Come on" said Diane logging off. "I'm feeling quite hungry now"

"Cake?"

"Maybe" said Diane wiping down the door handle as she left the room and stuffing it back inside her bag.

((Ok I might be reading wrong or having a blond moment but what just happened there ^))

Nitro sat waiting patiently for her breakfast and reading the newspaper. She was fed up with all the crime that she read. “Not even a speck of something good.” she said to herself putting the newspaper down. With her anger she got fired up and needed something to cool herself down.

She then went back to Megan to order something to drink. “Hey, Megan. I would like a can of Mountain Dew please?” she asked getting out her money to pay. Megan quickly got the drink and exchanged it for the money with a smile. “Thanks.” she just said and walked back to her seat.

“Only five minutes left then your food will be done.” Megan called out to her where Nitro just turned around and nodded before she took her seat again.

((You chance to hear her name Fortune xd.png))

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Elizabeth got up on her feet and turned to her grandmother, "Grand-mère, I'm going to be going home now, it's getting late. I still to clean up around the apartment and stuff." As she put the leash and collar on Aero and went to leave, her grandmother spoke up.

"Annelisia," She began, "This Kira stuff that I've been hearing about... Stay out of it, alright? Don't try to get involved. I know you feel the need to show gratitude to Kira for taking the life of your family's murderers but what Kira is doing is still illegal. Do not try to find Kira, you'll only get hurt."

Elizabeth nodded, "Yes, Grand-mère." Then she quickly made her escape from the retirement home, Aero bounding to keep up with the girl. She knew she wouldn't get support from her grandmother with the Kira case and her being a supporter. But despite her grandmother's warning, she was still fixed on meeting Diane about it.

After her walk back to her apartment building, Elizabeth entered her apartment, releasing Aero from his leash and hanging it up on a coat rack. Elizabeth hung up her coat and clicked the TV on to the news. Elizabeth went into the kitchen, cleaning up the counters then exited the kitchen and continued her cleaning up in her bedroom.