Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

((Hee hee))

"Yeah, it has..." Sono sighed too. As he led Alex through the house, he yawned constantly and blinked often, he really did need to sleep. Assuring that she didn't have to sleep on a couch, he showed her to a spare room. Realising that his parents will probably kill him if they found out someoe he just met was staying over, he hoped that they would be able to get up early. After showing her the room, he nodded, said goodnight, and continued up to his bed.

((It is now. I was just giving people a chance to wrap the day up.))

Diane woke up to the sweet smell of raspberry jam. Sitting upright and opening her eyes she found her sheets covered in small yellowish crumbs. Looking up at her ceiling she saw the Death God watching her.

"You ate the entire lot, didn't you?" she asked him accusingly.

The Death God contrived to look innocent, an expression that didn't really work upon his monster-like face. Diane sighed and began to pull herself out of bed. As she made her way to the bathroom across the hall the Death God followed her and waited outside the door when she closed it in his upside-down face.

"You can buy more though, right?"

"Not until tomorrow"

"WHAT?!"

Elizabeth sat up her her bed, Aero was already awake, sitting at the door and staring at the doorknob. She stretched to look at the time. Shew would have to go to school today. It was her chance to ask Diane about Kira. She laughed and pushed herself out of bed, "Good morning, Aero." She opened the door and the Dane pranced out into the kitchen. Elizabeth took the hint and poured her beloved dog some dry food, mixing it with a can of wet food. She retrieved the leash and turned on the morning news.

The news was recapping about the previous deaths of the lawyer and criminals. Elizabeth sighed and clipped the leash onto Aero once he finished his meal, "Ready for a walk, boy?" She asked, leading him out of the aparment on onto their daily route.

((Akira has invisible Japanese ninja moves! You will have your heart pierced by a shuriken! Hyaah! *Katana Slash!*

no..not really...))

Edited by Astrodeath311

((lol))

Alex woke up underneath the covers of the warm bed. For a sec she thought she had crashed at some random place again, but then everything flood back to her. Last night she had changed into some shorts and t-shirt(she kept spare clothes in her pack), finished any home work they had assigned at school yesterday, brushed her teeth(also stored tooth brush in her backpack) and then gone to bed. She then remember Sono. She sat up and threw the blankets off. "Maybe I was dreaming?" She thought and walked out into the hall. It didn't look like a dream. She pinched herself. "Ow..." She was defiantly awake. She walked into what looked like a kitchen.

"Hello? Sono?" She said aloud.

~

Krystal woke up and went past her dad's room to see a unmade bed. "At least he had got some sleep last night..." She went into the kitchen and started making some breakfast. She could see her father had made coffee, she hated the stuff but he drank it a lot. She sighed and made a fresh pot while waiting for the omelets to finish cooking.

Sono mumbled and his eyes flickered open. He wasn't a morning person. He got out of the bed and opened the blinds, then squinted as light flooded the room. Yawning and stretching, he made his way to the staircase.

"Hello? Sono?" He stopped and made a puzzled face. Oh, that's right, I let Alex stay over. Rubbing his eyes, he went to the kitchen.

"Morning." he uttered as he opened the fridge. The cool air escaped and chilled his legs. "What do you want for breakfast?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nassikine stared at the clock at the bottom right-hand side of his computer. So it was morning. His eyes blinked slowly and he sipped from his sixth can of Red Bull. The other cans lay crumpled and thrown around the floor of his secret office-room. He had stayed up all night, searched all 100 reports of criminals' deaths. Nothing. No suspicious substances in their food. No gas/fume leaks. Nothing. He knew it was far too odd to be a coincidence. He was beginning to suspect a new "Kira", but he feared the thought and wanted to prove that it was not true. The last Kira had caused too much chaos, too many deaths of the innocent.

"Mmmphh..." he groaned. He picked up the magazine he had bought from the store and searched the criminal's name. He was indeed a murderer and he had not been arrested yet. Perhaps he could use that to his advantage...

Clean and dressed Diane sat in front of her vanity table and brushed her hair. The TV in the next room was showing the news. The anchormen were reporting about the deaths the day before. Apparently the police were 'baffled'.

They usually are thought Diane setting down her brush. Useless of bunch fools.

With her hair done and put into its usual style Diane entered her living room and switched off her TV. She had to go in Uni today so she collected her things and left the apartment, the Death God silently tailing her.

Elizabeth finished her long morning walk with Aero, leading him back upstairs and into her apartment. She had totally forgot to get dressed. Walking into her room, she threw on black tank top, purple overcoat, and a blue scarf. Elizabeth wandered into her bathroom, pulling out a brush and putting it to her hair. She left her hair down and tied a blue bandanna into it. It was her 'I'm-to-lazy-to-actually-dress-nicely' look.

((Fortune, is Diane even going to work today? xd.png))

Nitro suddenly woke up from where she had dozed of the night before. With a fright in her vein she looked at her computer screen hoping that all her work was there. To her luck all was still there and she gave a sigh of relieve that she didn’t loose anything. As she relaxed back in her seat she looked at the time when she noticed there was only twenty minutes left to get to collage. Nitro quickly jumped up out of her seat and went to the bathroom just to wash her face. As she did a sloppy job on cleaning herself she went to her room and grabbed clothes to dress. In the process she went back to the bathroom to brush her teeth and struggled with getting her clothes on. After a few falls and struggles she got done. Nitro then grabbed her bag and looked at her apartment. “I’ll clean you later.” she told herself as she walked towards the door. Once she got outside she looked around nodding to herself she started to walk to the collage.

Alex heard Sono before she saw him come down the stairs.

"Morning." She heard him say.

"Morning, though it looks like your don't feel that way." She said noticing he looked half asleep. When he open the fridge she felt the cold air rush past her and shivered a bit.

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"I don't care. I am not picky. I can make something if you want." She said with a shrug.

~

Krystal put two separate omelettes on a plate, poured a fresh cup of coffee then poured herself some orange juice. She took one of the plates and the cup of coffee, carrying it to the false wall panel. She set the plate and cup down and slid the piece of wall aside. She picked them back up and walked into the room to see her dad going through the last of the files. She set the plate and cup down quietly and took his empty cup away then walked out of the room. Just as she was about close the "door" her father noticed the food and turned around.

"Thanks Krystal." He said. She smiled.

"Your Welcome. Any progress?" He shrugged.

"I got the rest of the files. There is nothing to show fowl play....I really hope for the worlds sake I find something. We don't need another Kira..." He said sadly.

Krystal nodded.

"I better get my school done." She said, her father nodded and she walked out, after she slid the "door" closed she went to the kitchen and started to eat her breakfast.

Sono rubbed his eyes again.

"You don't have to make anything." he murmured. Taking eggs from the fridge, he turned the stove on and waited for the pan to get hot. He tapped the counter, more casually than nervously, and he cocked his head to one side, looking at Alex.

"So..." he noticed that she was now in shorts and a t-shirt. "Where'd you get those?" he asked. They didn't look like they belonged to any of his family members, and they certainly weren't his. He straightened his head and turned back around to crack an egg into the pan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So. We got this guy," Nassikine was talking to himself, holding the magazine in front of him. "and is there really is a 'Kira' going around, then he'll probably die. But he hasn't yet. So if we...let's say...broadcast his name on a popular news channel...then perhaps he would die." He smiled. "Where did I see...? Oh, it was on channel 5 news, they're the ones who reported the hundreds of dead." he began to type an e-mail to them. He gave them very strict insructions of when and where they broadcast his name, as it would narrow down his options of where to search for the killer or killers. He smirked, the trick had been used before by the original 'L', and it worked perfectly. He clicked the 'send' button. It was done now, he just needed to know when this murderer would drop dead.

((Not today. In fact I am thinking of removing her from the café and moving her somewhere else.))

The bus journey to University was long and boring. Diane sat near the front since most students tended to claim the rear seats and she wouldn't have to listen to their pointless yapping. Even where she was she could hear them talk. It seemed the deaths of the previous day was all anyone wanted to talk about.

Eventually she disembarked and became one with the crowd of students heading towards the University. At the first chance Diane had she seperated from them again and took the stairs to the textile rooms. By the looks of it she was the first one to arrive. This suited her as it meant she could work in peace for at least a short while.

Sitting in her favourite corner Diane took her things out of the bags and pulled a sewing machine towards her.

"I'm hungry."

"You always are."

Finally, it hit her, Diane wasn't even going to work today! It was Sunday, Elizabeth and Diane's day off. Elizabeth sighed and plopped herself down on the couch, feet up on the armrest and hands behind her head. She reached for the remote and clicked on the TV. Sunday was the one day she had to herself to relax and not worry about she was gonna pay bills and for groceries.

"I'll go visit my grandmother this afternoon... She'll like that... Aero!" Elizabeth called. Moments later, the dog was sitting by the couch next to her head, "How about we go see Grandma today?" She asked, patted him on the head. Aero's tail wagged as she patted his head. He then laid down, belly exposed, hinting for Elizabeth to scratch his belly. Elizabeth laughed and did as Aero pleased.

Nirto continued to walk to the collage at a brisk pace. She was in such a hurry she quickly looked in her bag to see if she took her flash drive and with luck she did. She sighed in great relieve when she saw it and continued walking to collage.

Once she reached it she saw people arriving from all directions, some from a bus, other with their own transport and some walking. Nitro looked at the people when she thought she saw someone familiar but soon lost sight of the person. All she could do was to shrug it of and continue her way to class

Quickly heading to where her class was she headed to her seat getting her computer ready for today’s designing.

Alex looked down.

"Donations are made to the orphanage. The lucky ones get first pick. I wasn't lucky." She said jokingly.

"Or sometimes they might buy us clothes for school or stuff like that." She added with a shrug in order to avoid the question when she changed into her "nice" clothes.

"You good at cooking?" She asked watching him casually crack the egg and put it into the pan.

((I have to go somewhere. Will post when with Krystal when I get a chance. tongue.gif))

Edited by evangeline5432

Elizabeth sighed, sitting up. She swung her legs over the side of the couch and stood up, stretching her legs while doing so. She shut the TV off as she walked into the kitchen to retrieve Aero's leash and collar. Snapping it on, she led the dog from her apartment and back onto the street, making her way down the the retirement home where her grandmother had been staying.

Aero made her feel safe, Elizabeth thought that if she had a big dog by her side when she was walking on the streets, thugs would stay away from her and she wouldn't face any trouble. Just one whack of a tail from an excited Great Dane could break a bone. Elizabeth quickly made her way down the streets, Aero keeping pace next to her. As she neared the Retirement Home, she held Aero's leash closer to the collar, keeping him near her so he didn't disturb the residents of the home.

"I'm here to see my grandmother, Mirabella?" Elizabeth asked, coming to the front desk.

"Ah, nice to see you again, Elizabeth, you know where she is." The secretary began, pulling out a dog treat that she kept especially for Aero, "And hello there, Aero!" She tossed the treat to Aero who caught it skillfully in his mouth.

Elizabeth gave one last smile to the secretary and made her way down the hall to her grandmother's room.

((The Great Dane fact is true xd.png))

After eating breakfast Krystal, get dressed and finished what little homework she had then went into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and saw they were running low on some things. She walked into the computer room(dubbed that by her father for obvious reasons) and opened the "door", sticking her head in she spoke up.

"Dad, we need a few items from the grocery store. Can you lend me some money?" Her dad looked up and dug his hand into his pocket, taking it out he handed her a wad of bills.

"Go ahead and get all the shopping done while your at it, ok?"

Krystal smiled and nodded.

"K! Thanks!" She said taking the money, she shut the "door" and put on a sweater to keep her warm as it was still a bit cold out because the sun was still coming up. She opened the front door, walked out, shut the door making sure it was locked then headed down the street toward a store.

((Sometime during the day Fort, you can pick when.

Wait, if it's Sunday then why did we go to school on a Saturday?))

Sono smiled as Alex spoke.

"Aww come on, it's not that bad." he smirked.

"You good at cooking?"

"Well," he cracked another egg into the pan. "depends on what I'm cooking. Eggs and stuff are easy, but I can't make much more than that." He stepped back as the eggs in the pan hissed and spat at him. "So. What are we gonna do today?" he raised his eyebrows.

((Maybe it was a class for people who wanted extra credit or missed a class?? Or the day could just be Saturday.))

Alex shrugged, he was right, it wasn't the worst shirt, but it was close. She looked at him, she was no chief either but she knew how to cook up a decent breakfast.

"What about that tour you were going to take me on?" She asked.

"Though you might want to get dressed first." She said with a hint of a amused smile on her face.

~

Krystal walked into the store and picked out a cart. She started browsing through the food section picking out what they a few items. She did her best to ignore the TV that hung from one of the walls. Interviews of the victim's familys were taking place. She picked out a bunch of bananas, placed them in the cart and moved on.

((What time of year is it??))

Edited by evangeline5432

((Some schools have weekend study groups? Diane's University is open every day.))

It was half an hour before anyone else came in. A boy that Diane never really spoke to said hello and then switched on the TV in the corner. He flicked through it for a while until he found a music chart show and then took a seat at a sewing machine. For a while the three of them sat and listened to Katy Perry's latest song while they worked until the Death God grew restless.

"I'll be right back" he told Diane before sinking away through the floor.

Diane knew where he was going, but couldn't say anything with the other student in the room. She would just have to hope that he wouldn't steal too much from the cafeteria.

((Yeah, let's just say we missed a class XP))

Sono nodded at Alex's suggestion.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." he looked down at his sleeping clothes. "And I should get changed, too. Breakfast first." He shoved two pieces of bread into the toaster and pushed the handle down after he flipped the eggs over on the pan. The air was beginning to smell good and he could feel his stomach yearn for food.

"Where would you want to go first? London is a big city." he yawned.

When the music program came to an end the news flashed up. Diane only half listened to it but when a piece about a serial killer started she looked up.

The man in question had killed several people and had been arrested a few days before. Diane wondered why this news bullentin was being shown now. Hadn't he appeared in the papers the day before? A little confused she watched the piece until the start of the next story and returned to her work.

Why would the news people talk about a man who was caught a couple of days ago? None of the information they gave was exactly new.

Try as she might Diane couldn't focus on her design. She was too distracted. Deciding to give up for now she started putting her things away and had just finished when she noticed the Death God behind her. Nodding goodbye to the other student she left the room and entered the empty hallway.

"Are we going shopping?"

"No" whispered Diane. "I need to get to a computer. I'm going to the computer libary downstairs."

Elizabeth was sitting in her grandmother's room, on the armchair, with Aerodysis laying on her feet. She has half listening to a news broadcast and half listening to her grandmother blabbing on and on about said newscast.

"They just had this man in the paper! Why's he on TV all of a sudden?" Elizabeth's grandmother asked.

Elizabeth shook her head in response and patted Aero on the head as he fell asleep on her feet. Her grandmother loved Aero so Elizabeth would never come to the retirement home without the dog. As the broadcast ended, her grandmother switched topics to a new male caretaker who was here as an intern.

"He's quite the charming young boy, Annelisia. Maybe a little older than you if you're interested." Her grandmother droned.

Elizabeth tensed as her grandmother uttered her true name. She hadn't told anyone that name since her parents were killed. She felt slightly guilty of telling Diane a fake name but then again, with Kira running around, it made her feel safer as well. Her suspicions of Diane were slowly eating away at her until she stood up, waking Aero up.

"I'll be right back, grand-mère," Elizabeth started, walking out of the room, "I need to make a phone call." Out in the hallway, Elizabeth picked up her cell phone and shuffled through her contacts to Diane's cell phone. As she pressed the send button, she pressed the phone to her ear. Then she realized, Diane's at school... Why would she have her phone on... I'll just leave a voice message. She listened to the long rings of the cell phone trying to connect.