Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

Nassikine cracked his fingers as he glared at the remaining pile of paperwork. There was too much today; he had already run three pens dry of their ink before the pile was even halfway through. Sighing to himself, he decided to take a break. He quickly pulled open the secured and booby-trapped door that led to his workspace and slammed it shut behind him, and he glanced at the 'normal' looking apartment/decoy room. Sliding a large bookcase in front of the door to the workspace, he put his hands on his hips and smiled. Good. Normal. Secure. Good...

Taking the elevator down to the lobby level, he started to walk outside, his eyes drifting from person to person. He almost laughed to himself every time he went in and out of this place--no one knew him. Well, they knew who 'Nassikine' was, but they didn't know what he looked like. To them, and to everyone else, he was just 'some kid'. And that's the way it should be. He looked younger than he actually was, and even so, most people would doubt that he would actually be Nassikine.

Once he was outside, he stretched, took a deep breath of the fresh air, and made his way to the store, where he could get himself a snack of some sort...

When Diane reached the store she saw that there were several people already inside. Most of them were standing in a queue at the counter, but a few others were dotted around the aisles filling their baskets.

Diane picked up one of the wire baskets by the door and looked around. The Death God had gone on ahead and had already located the cakes. There was no way anyone could miss his frantic pointing and calling over to her. Well, no one who had touched the Death Note.

She made her way over to where he was waiting and inspected the cake he had selected. It was far too expensieve, especially if he wanted her to buy them in bulk. Diane shook her head and stepped backwards, indicating that he would have to make another choice.

Sighing in disappointment he bent over the shelves to look for something else.

Alex followed him out. She glanced up at the darkening sky then looked back at Sono seeing his smile.

"Where to first?" She then did something that she had not done since she her 7th birthday. The day before her mother had disappeared...she smiled back.

~~

By the time Krystal finished her home work it was dark out. She stood up and walked back into the hidden computer room to find her dad asleep. She smiled and was about to walk out when one of the computer monitors caught her attention.

"Dad. Wake up." She said nudging him gently. His eye flew open and he sat up alert, then he relaxed a bit when he saw is was Krystal.

"Yes?" He said stifling a yawn. She pointed to the computer. He looked over and his fingers started to fly across the keyboard. The tox reports were starting to come in....

((Normally, tox reports might take weeks because they would be on a waiting list but for the sake of time lets say they made them top priority that way they came out faster.))

Edited by evangeline5432

Elizabeth laid her head on her pillow, "If Diane was Kira..." She started, "Then I would do whatever I could to help. I'd make it my job to make sure no one ever finds her out. She killed my parent's murderers... And this is the only way I could possibly repay her." She shook her head, "What am I talking about? Diane isn't Kira... But..." Elizabeth sighed in irritation, she couldn't sleep with this much on her mind.

Sono turned back to Alex, who was grinning at him, and spoke.

"Hmm...let's go this way first." he turned to the right and started to walk alongside a busy road, the cars swishing as they came past. He scratched his arm nervously before he bit his lip and summed up the courage to ask her the question burning in his mind.

"Hey, so...uhh...you said before that you were with an orphanage, or something. What..." he cleared his throat. "What happened?" he hoped that he wasn't being rude. The last thing he wanted was to offend someone he just met.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Nassikine was at the store, he had his alias lined up. If anyone asked who he was, he would be prepared, and no-one would even begin to suspect him as Nassikine. He made his way in and noticed that everyone was carrying some sort of basket or trolly. He didn't need that, he would only be getting a few things. It was getting dark, which meant that he would get tired soon. A tired Nas was a grumpy Nas. And a grumpy Nas is not something good. He needed something to keep him awake--sugar, caffine, anything. He snatched up a can of Red Bull and examined it. Maximum 2 per day...

"Hmm..." he glared at the can. Realising that it would probably be bad for his health, he grabbed six cans. Oh, and one more, just to be sure. Alright, that would be good, but he needed a midnight snack. Something sweet. Something like...hmm...

"Cake!" he exclaimed. He rushed over, almost dropping his many cans, and started to look at the different types of cake. They were all so good, so sweet, so...so...Oh, he couldn't choose! He bit his lip and started picking up, turning over, sniffing and shaking different cakes, hoping that he could find one that would satisfy him.

Edited by earwig

Diane waited while the Death God made a new selection. As one giant hand pointed towards his new choice a young boy barged over and grabbed hold of the box.

"Hey!"

The Death God roared in the uppity boy's face, not that he would be seen or heard. The boy took no notice and proceeded to sniff the cake and run his hands over the box.

"Diane!" protested the Death God turning his face towards her. "That's the one I want!"

Diane was watching the spectacle with apparent disgust. She had stepped back when the boy had pushed past her and raised an arm across her chest as if to shield her from the sight of it. The boy now started inspecting different cakes, seeming not to care how he placed them down or in what condition he left them in.

The Death God urgently pointed at one of the other cakes and she quickly snatched it up just before the boy's fingers could grad hold of it. She glared at him and placed the lone cake into her basket while the Death God cackled at their victory.

((Your death god is so childish xd.png ))

Nas grinned sheepishly as he seized a pack of cupcakes, each one studded with chocolate chips. He was set for the night, now. He couldn't help but feel that he was not acting...'normal', whatever 'normal' was. He noticed that most other people were not running around with seven Red Bulls and throwing cakes everywhere. Clearing his throat nervously, he started to calm himself down and made his way over to the counter. He looked around, since he often didn't have the time to go outside much anymore. Each mystery he took on made him stuck in his study, which lately has turned into a dark room, a laptop, a pen and mountains of paperwork. He had to enjoy himself while he could, who knows, he could even--

"Oh sh--" he walked into a large stack of soup cans, knocking them all over and causing a loud racket. He stopped for a moment, cursed under his breath, and felt like everyone in the store was looking at him. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, opened them and bent down, trying to stack them back up again. There were a lot of cans, at least fifty or one hundred. Store clerks and some other customers started to help him out, and Nas apologised over and over again. He never felt so foolish before.

((You took his cake. This means war o3o))

Eventually the blond haired boy left the baked good section and went to pay for his things. Diane was just starting to place a few more cakes into her basket, the Death God pointing out which ones he wanted, when a loud crash caught her attention.

Looking around she spotted the same blonde haired boy surrounded by countless soup tins. He must have walked right into them.

"How could he miss them?" chuckled the Death God. "The display was large enough."

A few cans rolled down Diane's aisle and came to a halt at her feet. Bending down she picked them up and carried them over to where the staff were rebuilding the soup pyramid. The blonde was apolgising profusely. Diane wondered if he was drunk or high.

"You should really mind your surroundings" she told him, not entirely unkindly.

(( NOT THE CAKE))

Elizabeth climbed out of bed, Aero jumping off the end along with her. She shuffled into the kitchen, flipping the light on, squinting her eyes against the bright light. Elizabeth pulled to refrigerator door open and took out some lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. When she couldn't sleep, Elizabeth would cook or make something in the kitchen. She laid out the ingredients and pulled a glass bowl down off the shelf. She opened the cabinet underneath the counter and took out the cutting board, setting it on the counter top. She pulled out a knife and chopped up the lettuce, tossing it into the bowl as she cut it into bits.

As she finished up with the lettuce, she began to dice the tomatoes, throwing them into the bowl as she progressed. And then finally, she moved onto the cucumbers, slicing them into the equally thin slices. Once all the ingredients were in the bowl she tossed them around until it was mixed up. Returning to the fridge, Elizabeth topped off her salad with dressing then dumped a small portion of the salad into a smaller white bowl and put the rest into the fridge to keep it fresh.

Elizabeth went to sit down but stopped as Aero whined as if to ask What about me?. She laughed and set the bowl on the coffee table, returning to the kitchen and pulled out leftover steak from yesterday. She tossed it on a dinner plate and pushed it into the microwave for a full minute. Elizabeth set her hand on Aero's head as he waited patiently for the steak he knew was for him. As the microwave beeped, Elizabeth took the steak from the chamber and cut it into pieces so he wouldn't choke on it then finally set the plate down for the drooling dog. She turned the light off and walked into the living room for her snack, turning on late night talk shows on the TV set.

((My posts have no influence now xd.png))

Edited by TheFallenAngel6236

Alex looked at Sono suspiciously. She remained quiet, thinking. A minute or two later she decided to take a chance with this boy.

"What do you know about Kira?" She asked him keeping a slow pace as she walked on the street.

~~

Jared and Krystal read through the highlights of the reports. About 200 of the 500 tox reports had been finished and filed(A computer program he set up had sifted through files for him looking for anything suspicious). So far none of the convicts showed anything in their blood work that would have killed them all at the same time. Sure, a few were unhealthy and may have been excepted to keel over and die but the majority had long lives ahead of them(with the exception of those who had been sentenced to death). Jared looked at Krystal.

"Unless the government has something to do with this, which I highly doubt...it looks like we have a new Kira on our hand. I have no doubt that the other reports will show the same." He said with a sigh and he started to make a few calls to see what other former L team members had found.

Edited by evangeline5432

((How does Alex know about the Death Gods? It's not common knowledge and those who knew details about the original case are....not around...))

((Her mother told her, who overheard somethings about them from the last Kira. She isn't all knowledgeable or anything like that, she just knows sometimes they will come down and pick a human to give the death books to which allows the holder to kill people. : P Her mother had a suspicion that they liked to hang around the holder of the "book" cause she saw Light talking to thin air a few times but she never knew for sure...If that's ok with you. rolleyes.gif ))

((To be honest I'm not too sure. I'd like to keep the existence of Death Gods secret for now.

*prods Ears*

What do you think?))

((Yeah maybe it should be a secret.))

((It isn't about the death note at all is it? It's all about the cake!))

Nas put on an embarressed smile as he heard "You should look where you're going." and "How did you miss that?" All he could do is laugh, say sorry, and stack the cans. One of the best detectives in the world and you do this...nice one... he thought to himself. Sighing, apologising one last time, he left the staff to rebuild the pyramid and he walked to the counter to pay for his Red Bull and cupcakes. Clearing his throat again, he looked the clerk in the eye.

"Just these, thanks." Nas smiled.

"Uhh...okay..." the clerk looked at the many cans of Red Bull, puzzled, and started scanning them. Nas yawned and started to flip through a magazine that was propped up on a stand next to the counter. He didn't really pay attention to anything as he flipped, but he stopped suddenly when he saw a news article on a cereal killer. He bit his lip and read a little further, his 'detective' instinct kicking in. He closed the magazine and put it on the counter as well, wanting to take it back with him. I wonder...what if this killer dies soon? If he was printed in a magazine and he dies of a 'heart attack', then that might give me some help on this case...

"Twenty-one fifty."

"Ohuh? Oh..." Nas fished around in his pocket and payed for the Red Bull, cupcakes and the magazine. With that, he went back out and headed to his apartment.

Edited by earwig

It seemed as though the blonde was ignoring her, not that Diane really cared. Or perhaps he was just to embarrassed or too drunk to pay much attention. Being drunk might account for the bizarre number of caffeine drinks he was buying. Perhaps an attempt to sober up.

She joined the queue behind him and waited for her turn to pay. The man behind the counter didn't seem to notice that she herself was buying a lot of one product. He was too busy watching the drunk wander out of the store.

Her purchase made Diane returned to her apartment before letting the Death God have any of the cakes. The last thing she wanted was to be seeing being tailed by a floating Victoria Sponge.

Back home she went for a shower while the Death God muched away happily in front of the TV. SDiane stood under the warm water and let all the stress get washed away, her peace fractured now and again by the sound of the Death God chuckling from the next room.

When she was done she changed into her nightwear and began to get ready for bed. It had been a long day.

((Everyone okay if I do a day change?))

((PLEASE! xd.png I've been waiting for one since i can't do anything else))

((Ok. I edited. tongue.gif But maybe Alex still knows that little bit about death gods she just won't say anything??

Ear, get on and answer Alex so we can do a day change! xd.png))

Krystal left her father to go to bed after wishing him good night. She walked out of the hidden room, slide the wall panel in place and headed to her room. She brushed her teeth, changed her clothes, got under her warm sheets and fell asleep to the noise of the city below.

Sono stopped and looked at Alex.

"Kira?" he mumbled. He ran his fingers through his hair and swallowed. "The guy that killed all those criminals? I don't know much, but...did he kill your parents?" Sono hoped that he was wrong. He bit his lip and coughed, wondering if he should not have asked what happened in the first place. A car swished by and he noticed that it was getting very dark, he should go home soon. But if Alex didn't have a home...where would she go?

"No. He did not." She said with a bitter laugh and started talking in a tone void of emotion.

"Exactly the opposite. My mother followed Kira for most of her life, L's team was said to have killed my father. Mom disappeared shortly after Kira did. The day after my 7th birthday...she said she was going out, she never came back. No one knows where she went..." She paused realizing she had just revealed part of her past to a boy she had only met today. Something had told her to trust him, she could usually tell when to trust someone, but there was always a first time for being wrong about such things. She looked up at the skies and noticed it was getting late, it would take awhile to get to the orphanage and they wouldn't be looking for her anytime soon. She was known for missing up to entire weeks and they had gotten tired of sending out search parties, they would probably put out a APB on her if she was gone to long.

"Why do you ask?"

Edited by evangeline5432

Sono blinked and stared at the ground after hearing Alex's backstory. He was indeed wrong, but the truth seemed just as bad. It must be hard for her to live without a family, especially since--

"Why do you ask?"

"Uh?" he jerked his head back up at the sudden question. It had caught him off guard and he just started to feel even more nervous around this girl. "Oh, uhh, I just wondered." he coughed. "H-Hey...uhh..." he could not manage to form a word for a while, and he stuttered over and over. "If...if you would like--my parents are out for the night...I...if you don't have anywhere to go...come home with me?" the last few words came out almost on their own. He felt another rush of colour to his face and he found that he couldn't make eye contact. Was it that he was afraid of going home alone or was it that he felt bad for this girl?

((Sono you flirt dry.gifxd.png ))

Edited by earwig

Alex looked at Sono, patiently waiting for him to finish his sentence. When he did she almost said no then realized his place was probably better then any place she would find to crash at. She nodded her head.

"Lead the way Silvertongue." She said with a amused smile.

((lol Ear.

I would think Alex would be a little less trusting but I don't want to prolong things. xd.png))

((Or else what, Astro? >:3 ))

Sono smiled at the 'silvertounge' remark and began to walk in the direction of his house. He felt much more comfortable walking home with someone else and he began to relax a little. The sky had become even darker and, if it wasn't for the street lights, he would not be able to see anything at all. The moon shone above them and soon they were at the red-brick double story house. Pushing open the gate, he looked back at Alex.

"So...just make yourself comfortable. You can sleep upstairs, if you want."

((LOL. Are you fighting over Alex. xd.png))

Alex hesitated near the gate looking at the house and feeling a bit intimidated.

"So...just make yourself comfortable. You can sleep upstairs, if you want."

"It doesn't matter to me. I can sleep on a couch if need be." She looked at Sono and replied then quickly walked over to where he stood.

"It's been a long day." She said with a sigh.