Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

Elizabeth jumped to her feet as Diane picked the phone up, "Diane! Diane, it's Elizabeth, Kira! Kira's back, Diane! Can you believe it? He just killed over a hundred criminals! And guess who he killed!? My family's murderers!" Tears escaped her eyes, "Kira.... Kira came back! He's not dead, Diane!" She was completely ecstatic, so ecstatic that she hardly took a breath or let Diane talk, "Diane... I'm so happy... He's back... And he killed them..."

The lady went over and took out a file handing it to Jared. No words were said as she walked out the door.

"Dad?" Krystal said.

"Yes Krys?" He responded as he opened the file and placed it on a table.

"What are we doing here exactly?"

"You know the answer to that question."

((I got to go. Finish this post later)

"Yeah, but how do we know it's not just a natural death?"

"That's why we were sent here." He told her and she shrugged and took part of the file. She looked the paper over then told the main points of it to her dad.

"Fairly healthy. A few sprained limbs. No reason he should of keeled over and died."

"Hmm. I am not seeing anything that was recovered from his stomach that would have killed him. Looks like it might be worth looking into...." He said.

"Uhhh, Dad?" Jared looked up and over at his daughter.

"Yes?"

"This lawyer. He was defending a suspected rapist...." She said giving him a weary look and handed the paper to him.

"I would say the odds of this being Kira just upped a little. Not conclusive evidence though." He said with a sigh.

"We will have to get the information on the suspected felon this man was defending." He continued and put the file away then walked out of the room. Krystal followed then stopped suddenly as she saw the TV sitting in the corner.

"Excuse me Miss, could you turn that TV up?" The lady looked up, then pointing the control at the TV and turning it up. Krystal listened for a moment then looked at her dad who pulled his cellphone out looking at the news.

"Thank you for your help ma'm." He said and walked out, Krystal ran to keep up.

She looked at her dad with a worried look.

"Well??" He stopped and look at her.

"I would say the chance of having another Kira just upped a lot." He said and started walking back to their flat.

((I meant if its the USA or even on earth....))

Sono just looked at her, confused, as she stated that she lived 'everywhere and nowhere'. He then let out an "Ooohhhhh...." when he heard that she had no home. Poor girl, that probably meant that she had no family. Did she even have a brother or sister? He began to feel sorry for her, and he rubbed his arm nervously.

"Umm...nothing much. Do you...want to go to town or something?" he asked, feeling another rush of colour to his face. He just wanted to make friends, but something about Alex seemed sort of...well...different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The laptop buzzed again. Nassikine knew who it was and what it was about this time, though.

"Nassikine! Are you watching the channel 5 news?" Watari was excited and spoke with energy.

"Yeah, I'm watching..." Nassikine's voice, on the other hand, was calm and methodic. "100 criminals all died simultaniously of a heart attack..." he scratched his chin. "Well. Do you think it's linked to the lawyer case that you were looking into before?" Nas stopped looking at the television and stared at the giant 'W'.

"We can't say right now, but the heart attacks and the criminals remind me of--"

"Kira?" Nas gave a quick smile before his face turned serious again. "We can't say it's another Kira just yet, let's not rush to conclusions. And besides, what are the chances of that? Anyway, You and I both know that this is far too strange to be a coincidence...so..." he bit his lip. "If you can look into these deaths further, monitor what they ate and drank. It might be possible that there was some sort of poison that gave them heart attacks. That's all I can think of right now."

"Yes Nassikine." the W disappeared and the laptop screen was black again.

"Umm...nothing much. Do you...want to go to town or something?"

Alex nodded, her eyes losing there piercing look.

"Sure. I have not seen this town yet. Perhaps you can show me around?" She said in a eager tone.

~

Krystal got back to the flat with her dad who went straight into a room with about ten different secure computer/TV monitors on the walls and tables. He started researching the deaths of the 100 dead convicts while she prepared lunch. About half an hour later she brought it in and her father paused his work taking the time to eat with her. It was quiet for a few moments after they finished so Krys spoke up.

"And progress?"

Her father shook his head.

"Not much. It resembles what the last Kira did but it could also be the cause of poisons introduced into their systems at the same time..." He said and turned around facing the master keyboard. He pressed a few buttons and two of the monitors switched on showing the different channels that were covering the deaths.

"Let's just hope it in't Kira." He said and turned around facing another monitor, he sent some request to the different offices that would have the autopsy reports asking for access to their files concerning the dead men.

"Huh, that's funny. There is someone else I don't recognize requesting the access to the reports...." He said taking precautions so that his request would go next to unnoticed by outsiders. Krys pulled a chair up beside her father and watched the monitor with the news channels showing. The news of the dead lawyer was nowhere to be seen. "I guess multiple deaths are more important then one..." She thought.

Elizabeth jumped to her feet as Diane picked the phone up, "Diane! Diane, it's Elizabeth, Kira! Kira's back, Diane! Can you believe it? He just killed over a hundred criminals! And guess who he killed!? My family's murderers!" Tears escaped her eyes, "Kira.... Kira came back! He's not dead, Diane!" She was completely ecstatic, so ecstatic that she hardly took a breath or let Diane talk, "Diane... I'm so happy... He's back... And he killed them..."

Sinking back down onto her settee Diane clasped the phone to her ear. Liz could barely contain her joy over the death of her family's killer. She wondered if there was anyone else who was rejoicing.

"I'm happy for you" she said calmly. "Can I ask you something?"

Sono smiled nervously, again, as Alex decided to go with him.

"Yeah, yeah I'll show you around." he murmured. He shot one more look at all the boys in the class, making sure they weren't eavesdropping, before turning back to her.

"Listen, I'll just go to my locker quickly and I'll meet you at the drinking fountain. You know where that is, right? All right, see you then!" he hurried down the hall toward the other side of the school, where his locker was.

Elizabeth went quiet and sat on the arm of her couch, muting the TV so she could hear what Diane wanted to say to her, "Yeah, sure, what is it?" She ask, stroking Aero's head with her foot gently.

"You are obviously quite happy at the moment" said Diane. "The man who took away your family is gone forever. But I was wondering...will this bring you peace? Will this free you from the angerand fear?"

The Death God crept along the back of the settee and brought his head close the the ear piece. He wanted to hear Liz's reply too.

"What..?" Elizabeth was quiet, thinking about an answer for Diane, "Will it bring peace and free me..." She thought long and hard, searching for the right answer. Then, she sighed, "What Kira is doing is wonderful... If I ever met Kira, I would show my gratitude to him or her and help Kira as much as i could." She smiled softly, "I can't believe Kira's back..."

Diane smiled, but it contained no trace of joy or humour.

"I find it a little hard to believe myself. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens next."

She glanced over at her clock and sighed. It was getting late and she still had her project to work on.

"I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Oh, alright." Elizabeth said happily, "Night, Diane!' Elizabeth hung up the phone and leaned back, flopping down into her couch, she couldn't believe what had just happened. Elizabeth needed to find out who Kira was. She wanted to thank Kira for everything he's been doing. She wanted to know how Kira did; made hundreds of criminals drop dead from heart attacks at once.... She had to know.

"Goodbye Liz."

Diane set the phone down and stood up, moving over to the table by the window where she did most of her work. Moving aside her laptop she picked up her sketchpad and began to go over her designs.

"Why do you call her 'Liz'?" asked the Death God from right above her.

"It's short for Elizabeth" Diane answered without looking up.

"But that isn't her name."

Diane paused and looked up, bringing her own face inches away from the one above her.

"What do you mean?"

"Elizabeth is not her name."

Diane waited for a few moments to see if any other information was forthcoming.

"What is it then?" she asked when she realised he wasn't going to just tell her.

"If you want to know, you'll need the eyes."

Diane returned her attention to the sheet of paper in her hand.

"I'm not going to trade half my lifespan just to satisfy a minor curiosity. Besides" she added. "It's not really any of my business. Everyone should be allowed their secrets. I have a rather large one of my own."

Elizabeth stood up slowly, it was getting late. She poured a little more dog food into Aero's dish and turned the TV off, going into her room to grab so night clothes. A over sized concert T-Shirt and shorts. She walked into her bathroom and turned the water on in the shower.

After her shower, Elizabeth tied her hair up in a ponytail and went into the kitchen, "Aero, come on, time for bed, boy." She clapped her hands and walked into her room, crawling into bed. Aero followed slowly, following Elizabeth into the room.

"Door, Aero!" She shouted as Aero walked through the doorway. The Dane turned and pushed the door closed with his nose. It was one of the only tricks Elizabeth needed to teach her dog. Despite the dog's size, he still jumped up onto Elizabeth's bed, sleeping at the foot board.

((If she's sharing her bed with a Great Dane either she is really tiny, has a very large bed or enjoys having crushed feet lol.))

Diane retrieved the dressmakers mannequin she kept in the cupboard and carried it over to the table. She looked at it before staring down at her chosen design. This was going to take a lot of work, but it would be worth it.

There were bags on the floor under the table. Full of the materials she had bought a couple of days ago. She emptied them out and searched through them until she found the colour she was after. This one would form the base of her dress.

Sitting down Diane ran the soft fabric through her hands and did her best to ignore the tears running down her face.

The Death God silently turned around and vanished through the kitchen wall.

((She has a king bed xd.png I share my King with my Great Dane.))

Elizabeth was laying in her bed, wide awake, staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything that happened today. She thought through everything today. She had nearly broken down at the cafe today while telling Diane about... her problems... She sat up quickly.

I told Diane today about all the issues I had because of my family's deaths... Aero lifted his head, staring at Elizabeth, And the day I tell Diane, the murderers die..? Is it a coincidence? And they all died not to long after she usually gets home... Her eyes went wide, "She can't be..."

Nitro stopped watching the television in the shop window and continued her way home. Once she reached her flat she just put her bag on the table and when directly to her computer. She started working on her designs but couldn’t stop thinking of the deaths of those criminals. It would be nice if she knew Kira, then she could ask him or her to kill the person who killed her father, her idol. She continued to work until she fell a sleep by her computer.

Sono smiled nervously, again, as Alex decided to go with him.

"Yeah, yeah I'll show you around." he murmured. He shot one more look at all the boys in the class, making sure they weren't eavesdropping, before turning back to her.

"Listen, I'll just go to my locker quickly and I'll meet you at the drinking fountain. You know where that is, right? All right, see you then!" he hurried down the hall toward the other side of the school, where his locker was.

Alex nodded and stuffed her books into her backpack then headed to the drinking fountain hoping it was the one Sono had meant. She sat down and leaned against the wall taking out a book. She pretended to read it hoping no one would try to bother her while she waited for Sono.

~~

Krystal had taken the dishes and washed them, cleaned up the kitchen then started on her home school.

((What time is it in the Rp? Sono and Alex just got of school while Elizabeth just went to sleep? xd.png))

((Yeah, i didn't exactly think that through LOL It's like Diane and Elizabeth are 6 hours ahead lol. Just finish what you're doing there then jump to going to bed LOL))

Sono, after shoving papers, folders and books from his locker into his bag, slammed shut his locker door, closed the lock and then raced back down to the drinking fountain where, lo and behold, there was Alex. Grinning, he came up to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Okay so are we ready to go? This city is a big one, so we might not get to see all of it today." his eyes shone and he wondered if they would ever get to see all of London. Hopefully the weather would hold out just long enough for them, he hated it when it rained.

Alex looked up, startled when a hand touched her shoulder. When she saw who is was he relaxed a bit.

"Ready as i'll ever be. We better hurry then, it' getting dark." She said calmly and stood up, putting her book away.

"Lead the way." She said with a twinkle in her light blue eyes.

Sono smiled, noticing the adventurous twinkle in Alex's eyes.

"Alright, come on." he spoke with a slight accent and started walking out the large glass doors of the school. Alex was right, it was getting dark. The sun, barely visible through the dense cloud coverage, was hovering just above the horizon, and any moment it would dip below. Nodding, then giving a quick glance at Alex to make sure she was following, he began to head toward the city. He grinned. Something about this girl made him happy--he just didn't know what it was yet.

Elizabeth considered calling Diane again to ask her something important to her but decided against it, "She's busy... I'm probably wrong anyway. I can ask her tomorrow at work. But I might not be able to get her alone." Elizabeth picked up her cell phone that was on her night stand and began dialing Diane's number. Just before she hit 'CALL' Elizabeth cleared the phone and set it back down, "Leave Diane alone, she has stuff to take care of.. You can talk to her tomorrow."

A while later Diane had finished drawing out the shapes she needed on the tracing paper. It was starting to get late now so she'd cut them tomorrow.

"I want cake."

"There is some in the cupboard."

"I've eaten it."

Diane sighed and pushed her chair away from the table.

"You're going to eat me out of pocket you know."

Nevertheless she rose from her seat and fetched her coat. There was just enough time to make a trip to the store before it closed. She couldn't keep taking things from the café. No human could eat that much cake. It'd look suspicious.

A few minutes later she was outside on the street. The streetlights were just starting to flash on and the sky was already turning murky red. A group of youths on the opposite side of the road watched her walk past and one even whistled, but she ignored them. She didn't fear much now.