Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

((There is a new Watari. Check the bios on the first page smile.gif))

After a couple of minutes Diane arrived at the café. Taking off her jacket she hurried inside and headed towards the back room to collect her apron. Luke, the cook and owner of the place gave her a 'you're late' look but remained silent. Diane tied on her apron and entered the serving area.

"Sorry I'm late" she told Elizabeth as she hurried past her.

The café was crowded today and many people turned to look at her unsual hair colour. She ignored their stares and stared to collect orders.

Edited by Fortune86

Elena made her way down the street looking at some of the shops. She finally reached the coffee shop she saw the other day. She stood outside a bit with hope in her heart. She needed to get a job otherwise she might have a hard time living. She took a deep breath and headed inside. She looked around and saw a girl who was busy serving on some people and waited patiently till she was done so that she could ask her were the manager is.

((In that case I will let Fallen deal with you lol.

*pokes lurkers*

I see you.))

((I think she's talking to Elizabeth. I didn't think Diane was back yet and there's only one other person who's behind making coffee and stuff. So I'm just gonna assume it was Elizabeth.))

Elizabeth wiped sweat off her forehead as she finally took care of the last customer she needed to take orders from. She noticed a girl standing a little further away, looking at her. Elizabeth approached her with a half-authentic smile, "Hello, I'm sorry, it seems we're filled up at the moment, a spot should open up in a few minutes though if you'd wait?" Elizabeth reached behind her a tightened the loosening knot on her dress.

Glad to see that she was noticed Elena made herself ready to ask where the manager was.

"Hello, I'm sorry, it seems we're filled up at the moment, a spot should open up in a few minutes though if you'd wait?" the girl said to her but Elena only wanted to find out about a job so she quickly replied to her. “Actually I’m here looking for the manager. I’m kind of hoping an open part time spot.” she said giving a little smile.

“Actually I’m here looking for the manager. I’m kind of hoping an open part time spot.” Elizabeth thought for a moment, "I think he came in this morning... As for an open spot... I think me might have one as a part-time," She turned to the counter, "Just go through that door right there. Luke should be in his office. Just knock before you go in." Elizabeth replied, pointing at a door with the title 'Manager' engraved on a piece of steel on the door. Edited by TheFallenAngel6236

((Ok I'm still new to this... the manager is a NPC which means I can "speak" on his behalf, right?!))

Izel was in his office, punching in numbers on a calculator. "Hmm, okay, the average number of sales on Thursdays is 38, and the average maximum amount of profit garnered on this weekday is..." He frowned, "No, that's not it..." and redid his calculations.

After a while, it Izel sighed, and collasped in his chair. He reached for his coffee, and to his annoyance, he had forgotten to get some this morning. He considered getting some from the coffee machine located in the buliding, but as far as he was concerned, it tasted bland and did little to keep him awake. Problem was, he wasn't allowed to get out of work just yet. Grumbling due to lack of caffeine, he looked at another application, and began typing an email to the sender on his laptop.

((This okay for an intro?))

After a couple of minutes Diane arrived at the café. Taking off her jacket she hurried inside and headed towards the back room to collect her apron. Luke, the cook and owner of the place gave her a 'you're late' look but remained silent.

((Here is what I post about him.

I admit when I first thought of having Diane be a waitress, I was just thinking of a small corner place that got a few customers now and again xd.png))

((Whoops... Sorry about that. Today will just be a busy day for them xd.png I'll take care to heed to that detail from now on~))

As Diane was taking orders she became dimly aware that Elizabeth was pointing to someone towards Luke's office. Since he was in the kitchen working on some cake he wouldn't be in there should they want him.

Assuring her customers that their food was on the way she slipped back into the kitchen and went over to her boss.

"Luke someone is here to see you."

((He's all yours Spirit))

Elizabeth watched happy customers leave one by one, leaving their table dirty and full of empty coffee cups. She sighed, walking over to one particularly dirty table with a mess of spilled coffee. Rubbing her forehead, she quickly picked up all of the dirty dishes from the tables, skillfully balancing them in her arms. She smiled at Diane quickly as she made her way into the kitchen with the dishes.

After a few minutes, she had the tables clean once again, now only a few tables were taken by customers but they were already being helped by the other waitress present. Elizabeth approached Diane, "Hey Diane, hear about that lawyer today? Just dropped dead with a heart attack!" She didn't really take an interest in the subject but decided to try to strike up a conversation while the cafe was low on customers.

"It was on the news" said Diane, ignoring the sniggering from above her. "He was defending some actress wasn't he?"

She tried to make out like she didn't really care, but in reality her inside had frozen up just a little bit. Calm down she told herself. There is no way Elizabeth or anyone else can say you had anything to do with that.

Thinking about, it might have been wise to check where the lawyer was before killing him. It had been the middle of the day after all. She should have waited until night time when he hopefully would have been at home. At least if he had died there it wouldn't have gathered so much interest.

She took the dishes from Elizabeth and put them into the sink. Running the hot tap she grabbed the bottle of liquid and squirted some in to make the lemon scented bubbles.

Edited by Fortune86

“Thank you.” she said to the girl and made her way towards the door. When she reached the door she bumped into a man that came out from the side. This must be the manager she thought to herself.

“Can I help you?” he asked the girl in front of him while opening the office door and letting Elena in.

Elena entered the small office. Looking at the man she noticed he was a bit irritated. Maybe this isn’t the best time to mention about a job she thought to herself. The man went to the desk and sat on the chair waiting for her to speak.

”Hi there.” she started of “I was wondering if you have a part time job open?” she with confidence in her voice. She continued to speak before the man could reply. “I have experience in being a waiter and with cooking.”

The man looked at her and scratched his chin while he gave a sigh.

“We are a bit short handed at times. Like today in fact.” He said still scratching his chin. He then leaned back in his chair thinking hard. “If you can start with work now and I find that you have no problems with today then you can have the job.” The man said satisfied with the deal he just came up with.

Elena smile when she heard he would give her a trial run. “Thank you, sir. I won’t let you down.” she said with excitement before moving towards the door to go do her job.

“I will need you by the coffee machine taking take away orders for customers and by the way what is you name?” he asked before the girl vanished.

“People call me Nirto.” she said to the man. She wasn’t going to give him her real name but she could see he was a bit uneasy with the name.

“Very well Nirto.” he said while getting up and heading towards the door with Nitro. He then opened it again and let Nitro and himself out. He then looked at the other girls before he spoke. “Would one of you ladies mind showing this one the ropes by the coffee machine?”

Elizabeth sat up on the table next to the sink and crosses her legs, "But don't you think it's strange how he would just drop? I mean, there were no health problems with him or anything!" She brushed her hands through her long hair, "I bet that celebrity's ticked... Her lawyer dies and she's left undefended." Elizabeth laughed, "I don't understand why cases like these get so much publicity, it was just the typical 'he took my song give it back!' case, right? Or was it murder... I don' remember." Elizabeth thought for a moment, trying to recall the details. She was still young to be getting into the news and watching it regularly, she was only sixteen after all.

((DragonSpirit, you kind of just ninja-ed me right there xd.png You posted that when i posted mine, haha. I'll just add to my post.))

“Would one of you ladies mind showing this one the ropes by the coffee machine?” Elizabeth turned to Luke, quickly jumping off the counter before he yelled at her for not working.

"I will, Luke." She walked passed Nitro, "Come on, coffee pot's over here." She walked over to the machine and waited for Nitro.

Edited by TheFallenAngel6236

Diane breathed a small sigh of relief when Luke asked someone to show the girl she had seen before how to work the coffee machine. Elizabeth volunteered and leapt up, leaving the conversation.

As she washed the dishes she heard the now familar voice behind her.

"You missed a bit."

Her face remained impassive but Diane flicked some of the soapy water over her shoulder and was rewarded with a spluttering noise as it hit its mark.

Nitro nodded thanks to Luke and headed towards the girl while he went back to the kitchen. When she reached her Nitro extended her hand to introduce herself. “I’m Nitro by way.” she said waiting on instructions on what to do.

Elizabeth turned to Nitro, "Elizabeth," She lied, looking over Nitro, shaking her hand, "Man, is anyone here my age? Not that you look old or anything..." She laughed, turned to the machine again, "So we keep the coffee grounds up here," Elizabeth began, standing on her toes, reaching for the coffee on the shelf. She brought it down to the counter and measured out a cup, "Just measure out how much you need and toss it in," She poured the grounds into the machine and pressed the start button, "Press that button and you've got coffee" Elizabeth pointed to two metal dispensers and a basket, "Cream and milk is over there and sugar is in that basket. That's pretty much all there is too it. Oh, and cups are in this cabinet." She finished, knocking on the cabinet door above the machine, "Easy enough to remember, right?"

Edited by TheFallenAngel6236

Luke re-entered the kitchen and went back the oven when he stopped dead.

"Oh crap."

"What's wrong?" asked Diane turning away from the sink and looking at him with concern.

"I forgot. It's my mother's birthday." He looked over at her with a pleading expression. "Can you do me a favour and nip out for me? Get some flowers or something? You have a knack for stuff like that."

"Sure."

Grabbing a towel Diane dried her hands and took off her apron. When she retrieved her coat Luke handed her some money and she walked out into the dining area.

"Elizabeth I have to go to the shops" she called over to the other waitress. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Can we get some cake while we are out?"

Diane ignored the question until she was out on the street. "What is it with you and cake? You must have eaten about ten today already. Don't think I didn't see you stealing them off customer's plates."

"I like cake."