Fortune86

Death Note ~ A New Reign of Terror

"No I mean thin air killed those people...Well of course I meant Kira!" She thought but decided not to say it aloud.

"A hoax?" She raised an eyebrow and switched the channels to see a good amount of new reporters were talking about the dead convicts.

"I am pretty sure that it really happened. Of course there are plenty of explanations, Kira being one of them....What exactly is your opinion of Kira anyway?" She asked taking a bite of her breakfast then looking curiously at Sono.

Sono almost choked again. So many things caught him off-guard today.

"My opinion..." he stared her in the eyes for a second before flicking them to the side. "I think...I...well...I don't know. I mean, killing people is bad, but if they're bad people...does it make it okay?" He flicked his hair out of his face. "And anyway, if I could...talk to Kira. I do know a few people who deserve to die." his voice turned grim at the end of his sentance and his hair cast a deep shadow on his face. He grunted again and finished off his breakfast. "Well I guess I better get changed then if we want to go out." he smiled stupidly before getting up and placing his plate in the sink. He'd clean it when he got back. He shot upstairs to his room, almost tripping on the stairs, to get changed.

Alex listened to him, deciding now wasn't the time to ask what he meant. He was too nervous.

"Ok. I should get dressed as well." She said watching him go. She ate the last of her breakfast then took both their dishes and washed them. After she dried them she put the now clean plates on the counter and walked to "her" room. She picked out some jeans and a t-shirt that actually fit her. She had won it in a bet with a girl at the orphanage. A card trick she had picked up awhile ago had never failed her yet. She walked to where she had seen Sono go and stood outside the door.

"Um...Sono?" She asked.

"Could you tell me where the bathroom is??" She wanted to take a shower but she had no clue where on earth the bathroom was.

~

((I actually know a card trick that I have won plenty of bets on. >: D

Astro, waiting on you. tongue.gif))

The man shut off the stove and moved the pan to another plate. He grabbed a spatula from a nearby drawer and flipped the eggs directly on the plate behind him. Ah... finally... he thought to himself as the egg landed in the middle with a satisfying splat. The toaster beeped and Akira walked over then took the toast out and placed it on the plate, then opened another drawer and removed a butter knife, grabbing the plate of butter on the counter top, he removed a portion and spread it over the butter, the smell of eggs and toast caused his dog to bark and beg for some. As it did every time Akira cooked eggs.

The man shooed his dog away and removed a fork from the silverware drawer and closed it. He walked over into the dining room and sat down in his chair and ate his breakfast, the heated floor felt warm and homey on his bare and cold feet. He flipped on the T.V and set it on the news. The reporter droned on and on until Akira heard something actually interesting.

"Yesterday, at exactly the same time 100 convicts died. Police say they still have no leads. Could this be a conspiracy or some weird epidemic...."

He scoffed and said to no-one in particular, "One hundred dead? at the same time? Yeah, right," and shook his head. He shut off the television and finished his breakfast. He then grabbed his coat and walked out the door, heading to the grocery store.

happy.gif

((is it too late to join ? ))

((No. I don't believe so. We still have room.))

QUOTE (Fortune86 @ Aug 3 2011, 02:40 AM

)

L's Team:

1) L / Earwig

2) Watari / Timpieh

3) Hope / Astrodeath311

4) Krystal / Evangeline5432

5) Nicole Brady / JadeHeartOfFire

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Kira's Team:

1) Kira / Fortune

2) Nitro / DragonSpirit

3) Sting/ Durppie

4) Elizabeth Lourchester / TheFallenAngel6236

5) Alex / Evangeline5432

6) Reserved / Astrodeath311

7) Sono Aruaha / Earwig

8)

9)

10)

((@Astro, I saw but is he actually in the store??))

Edited by evangeline5432

((Oh, that reminds me, many people on L's team are kinda...inactive...))

"Hmm? Oh, the bathroom is just next to the staircase there." Sono spoke in a tired voice. He rubbed his eyes and picked out the crusty stuff in the corners before changing out of his sleeping clothes and into a black t-shirt and cargo pants. With that done, he placed a hand on the scar on his stomach.

If there really is another Kira... he ran a hand through his hair. Then I might be able to take those two down... He turned quickly and headed back downstairs to Alex. "Just there." he pointed to the door leading to the bathroom.

Alex looked where he pointed.

"Right, thanks!" She said then went back into the room, got her clothes and pack then went into the bathroom. After a quick shower she dressed, brushed her hair, braided it, brushed her teeth then packed everything back in her backpack. She walked out of the bathroom and went into the room she had slept in and made the bed. Once she had done this she walked into the kitchen and waited for Sono.

Sono smiled as Alex rushed off to have a shower and do whatever else. He cleared his throat and went to the kitchen to clean the dishes, only to find that they had been done by her already. He yawned and went to the other bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. Once that was done, he gave his hair a quick rearrangement and headed back downstairs to find Alex waiting for him again.

"Alright, let's go." his accent kicked in again as he spoke. He wondered if it would ever take over fully, or if it would just flare up whenever it wanted. He opened the door and started to head to the London Eye.

((If Ears can remind me later in the week I'm going to delete inactive characters.))

When Diane entered the caferteria she heard someone call out a name. One of the kitchen workers had finished an order and was alerting their customer to its completion. To Diane's mild surprise it was the girl from before who answered. So her name was Nitro? An unusual name. Diane wasn't sure why she didn't remember it, although she had had more important things on her mind.

Deciding it might be good idea to thank Nitro again Diane wound her way through the tables towards her.

"I just wanted to thank you again" she told her. "You really helped me out there."

Elizabeth flopped onto the couch as she finally finished cleaning her apartment. It may be small but it still took forever to vacuum up all the small, needle-like dog hair off the couch and floor. She thought back at how her grandmother had been calling her Annelisia... Her true name. Elizabeth decided to tell Diane her real name tonight if she came. If she didn't though... When would Elizabeth ask her?

Alex grabbed her hat putting it on it on and ran out after Sono. She shut the door behind her and fell in step besides him.

"So, how long have you lived here?" She asked with a curious look.

~

Krystal walked down one of the aisles when she saw someone familiar. It couldn't be, could it? Some kid from a school she had gone to when she was younger. She walked in his direction. "Akira?" She asked with uncertainty.

((Hat looks something like this

When you say accent, you mean British or American accent?? xd.png))

((British!))

Sono looked back and was surprised to see Alex with a strange hat on. Where'd she get that? He smiled and grunted.

"All my life." he murmured. Almost twenty years he had spent in London, and he still hadn't seen every street and corner. It was just far too large and after his accident, he had lost his will to explore. He looked up and saw that the sky was becoming overcast. It wouldn't rain, but the sun wouldn't come out, either.

"What about you? Were you born here?" He asked. He realised that she probably wasn't, considering that she didn't know the layout of the city, but then again she might not have been let out of the orphanage.

Nitro waited patiently for the five minutes to pass and once again Megan called on her that her food was ready. Making her way to the counter she thanked Megan for her order and took her plate. Slowly walking back to her table she took her seat and looked at her plate with great hunger. Before she took a bit out of her toast she saw Diane making her way towards her. Before she could asked her if everything was good Diane thanked her again. Feeling really happy Nitro gave a huge smile before she spoke.

“Glad I could help. If you need help again you can ask me any time.”

Nitro looked at her plate and then wondered if she should ask her to join her in having a bit of breakfast. It was a mental fight she had with herself but a choice had been made.

“Want to join for a bit of breakfast?” asked Nitro just like that without thinking of how she would ask Diane.

Akira was just about to pick up his bag of dog food and check out when he heard someone call his name. He turned to where it came from and was surprised to see Krystal, a girl he had went with to school together. "Short years," he mused and said "Hey, Krystal!" with obvious enthusiasm in his voice. He said , "How have the years been treating you?" in a questioning tone. It was a surprise seeing her again, due to all the pranks he had pulled on her in high-school. Edited by Astrodeath311

((Just to tell you. Krystal was taken out of reg school and home schooled just for her last year(12th grade).

Might I ask what city Kira was based out of?))

Alex looked over at Sono and shrugged.

"I dunno, I have always been around this area. Just until recently I lived elsewhere though." She said.

~

"So it is you." She said with a smile.

"Decently, I haven't had to worry about looking over my shoulder for you." She said with a laugh.

"It's been busy year. How have you been??"

((Kira is in London, but nobody really knows that yet.))

Thinking about it for a moment Diane nodded and took a seat.

"Thank you. It's been a long time since I was last able to have breakfast with someone."

Sitting back in her seat, the Death God crawling across the wall behind her, Diane turned her thoughts to the three young men she had just killed. How long would it take for the news of their deaths to travel? All three of them had committed the same crime and had all died at the same time of heart attacks. With the current rumours about Kira it wouldn't be long before someone put the pieces together.

Your move L she thought.

"How long have you been coming here" she asked Nitro out loud. "I don't think I;ve seen you before you came to the café."

Edited by Fortune86

“Same here.” replied Nitro when she took a bite out of her toast. She could see Diane’s mind was somewhere else and wondered what she was thinking so hard about. Before Nitro knew it Diane asked her a question.

“I’ve been here only for two months now. I stayed most of the time in class and afterwards I went directly home. I’m actually from Africa so this place is all new to me.” she said looking around. “But to be honest I think things might get very interesting from now on.”

"So you're from another country?" asked Diane. "It must be a little hard for you, being in a strange place. Do you have any family here?"

“Yes, but it’s luckily not that strange. I’ve been here before with family.” Nitro replied. She took some fried chips and quickly ate it before she spoke again. As she chewed her food she got a bit distracted with a memory of her father. Shaking her head she quickly answered Diane’s question.

“No family here. A couple is still back in Africa. So I take it you have been here most of you life?”

((Kira is in London, but nobody really knows that yet.))

((I meant the first one. tongue.gif))

((I can't really do anything until later in the day so.... I dunno.... xd.png))

"Elsewhere?" Sono raised his eyebrows. "You mean like in a different city?" they were getting closer now, the top of the giant ferris wheel was revealed above countless tops of buildings. He wondered if they would get to ride it if the line wasn't too long. He scratched his chin and realised that it was probably too late to ask this question. "You're not afraid of heights, are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nassikine stared at the picture of Mr. Jensen in the magazine.

"Why aren't you dead yet?" he threw it down and rubbed his temples. He was certain this would work, it had done so before on the other Kira...

"Nas!"

"Ahh!" he jumped up and glared at the "W" on the laptop screen. "What?"

"I've been monitoring the viewers on the website about that murderer." Watari's voice was filled with a little more excitement than usual.

"And...?" Nas was now leaning forward, interested.

"I've been able to track down the IPs of a few computers. There are about five or so."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really. It is possible that one of these could be our Kira." Nas leant back and thought about the situation for a minute.

"Well our killer isn't dead. Yet. So...while that points out that there could be no Kira...it also points out that there could be one that has seen through our plan. Forward me the IPs, we'll check them out, see what we can see."

Edited by earwig

((*pokes Astro*))

She nodded.

"No, the outskirts of town." She said in a tone that advised not to pursue the subject.

Alex looked up and shook her head.

"Nope. Looks like fun to me." She said with a smile