Misha

Metallic to Metallic Breedings

Have you tried them and what were the results if you did?  

225 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually, I did try it myself (faint heart never won fair maid and all that junk) I bred my CB Silver Male to my CB Silver female but, of course, nothing doing. But one day I do hope to be able to produce a 2nd gen purebred silver. cool.gif *flail for misspelling of essentially*

Edited by Misha

I plan on trying somewhere down the line if I ever get lower-lineage metallics, but for right now, my metallics are either inbred or very long lineages.

There isn't a "no, I have only one/no metallics" option?

:c

Lol.

Although, I think I'd prefer the metallic*non-metallic option. Whee.

Edited by aquamarine__

There isn't a "no, I have only one/no metallics" option?

:c

Lol.

Although, I think I'd prefer the metallic*non-metallic option. Whee.

I did think about adding that for a moment laugh.gif but the question is predicated on having enough of them to breed (and who haven't refused each other outright)

Edited by Misha

I have one metal x metal pair, but if metallic x common produces nothing, why should metal x metal? So no eggs for months now.

I have enough cb to try a purebred pair of each, which I've been trying part time since rare x rare started. Nothing so far. I also have a few pairs with longer lineages which I've been trying steadily. I figure my chances aren't worse than metal x common, and these particular dragons probably wouldn't get a chance to breed otherwise. Eventually I figure one of them will give me something. (hope springs eternal)

I have often found 2nd and higher even gen commons with CB gold or silver parent on the AP.

I love and cherish them, put them into nice lineages. I think it's a real pity that people now just breed metal x metal, as this doesn't give me or other people the chance to collect more of those unwanted even gen commons. sad.gif

Look at this for example:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/lp0S

http://dragcave.net/lineage/lqLt

Lilysally, I don't just breed metal x metal, and I doubt others do either. For example, my newest gold and newest silver are gold x marrow and silver x rosebud, respectively. They're the first rare x rare (other than trios) I've succeeded in breeding. I've tried other pairs that were common x metal during the last month and a half, but got no eggs at all from the attempts. Metals just don't produce many eggs of any kind lately, rare or common.

Since the RxR was allowed, I've set up one gold x gold pair and one silver x silver pair.. so far, NADA. But I'll keep trying.. breeding again tomorrow.

I breed a silver x silver and a gold x gold 3 weeks ago ^__^ both actually WITH fertility ohmy.gif but ever since-nada...

I like being able to breed my golds and silvers together. I don't have any CBs or pretty-lineaged metallics, just ordinary nothing-special lineages. As rares, they're great, but I wouldn't like to drop commons with those lineages to the AP, so this way I know I won't have to.

I like collecting 2nd or even-gen commons with rare CBs, too. That's how I got this pretty storm dragon. But I don't think anyone would be that thrilled to pick up a dragon like this albino I bred from one of my golds.

I don't have any cb shines other wise I would try. The only rare on rare I ever had was a 2nd pb ice

WB

I've tried a few so far, but none were successful yet.

#1 for me. My tried-and-true metallic/common pairs, that have given me eggs in the past, are hard enough to breed. I don't care to waste two metallic-breedings on one shot.

If I had another CB gold and silver I would pair them

I only have ever been able to catch 1 CB of each and that was in '09

so I don't see myself catching another sorrowfully sad.gif

I have one Cb silver that I finally manged to catch after four years of playing this game tongue.gif

If I ever get a mate for it or a pair of Cb golds (bahahahaha yeah right) I would try for one.

As is my second gen Holly was easier to get then metallics are rolleyes.gif

I voted option 5 in the poll. I haven't tried any metallic to metallic breeding. I have tried several metallic x holidays since the chance to rare x rare breeding and have gotten nothing.

I've tried this several times now and have nothing to show for it. I think instead I'm going to focus on breeding metallic x holiday.

I have a CB Gold and CB Silver that I could try breeding together, I'm sure the offspring could be pretty darn valuable.

But I can't get anything by just breeding my those metallics with commons, so....

CB Silver x CB Silver? It definitely wouldn't be worth the effort. D:

I only have one CB Metallic, and she's never given me a gold egg, and I caught her in late '08. Really doesn't like me. I'd love to have a 2nd Gen MetalxMetal egg, but it wouldn't happen XD

I have been trying one CB gold and one CB silver together since it became possible but so far no eggs. I have on other times bred a few silvers to golds or silver to silver still with no egg.

<Is envious of all those CB Metallics>

I've tried MetalxMetal once every time I have several Metallics ready to breed. Have gotten nothing. Gee, what a surprise.

There are examples of SilverxHoliday breedings that were successful though (my husband).

I've tried Metallic x Metallic several times already and have never got an egg yet. But I'll keep trying.

I have been trying to breed my CB Silver x CB Silver, but so far I have got nothing.