GG's thread (updated Dec7)

Look below this post for other dragons

On this page:

Cardinal dragon

Black Magic Dragon

Hummingbird wyvern

Bottle-beak / Fur dragon

Gatling of the System

Just a dragon idea I drew up. I'm not submitting it to the Dragon Request forum or anything. It's just art.

Click

The pic is far too big to post here, but there's the link to it. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Oh yeah, I call it Cardinal Dragon for obvious reasons. X)

It was just a sketchy thing I did.

I have an uncolored pic of it in flight, so you can see its tail feathers full out. They spread out like a bird's tail feathers, but this dragon has 3 sections of them along the length of its tail. One at the base, in the middle, and at the end (the biggest one).

user posted image

Edited by GunGhost

Only 3 of my dragons have 10 clicks or more. The first two got them a longish time ago, but I was so happy when my new stone dragon got 10 clicks. xd.png

His name is Otava Kuibax (pronounced KAI-backs), and I drew a picture of him.

The first one has my pencil lines still, cuz otherwise you wouldn't be able to see many of the lines that were covered by body parts in the way, and I think you lose a certain something. Idk.

Lines

No pencil lines

Oh, and btw, thank you, miladyz, for the compliments! happy.gif

Edited by GunGhost

I wanted to make a dragon species, like before. But this time I had a lot more fun with it.

For lack of a better name, I call it Black Magic Dragon. You get it by breeding a Magi Dragon with a Black Dragon.

Click

Click--recommended happy.gif

It's a rather underhanded dragon, preferring to use the darker side of magic. And being the offspring of a Magi and Black dragon, its magic is by no means weak. Because it is so skilled in this way, there is no real need for it to use physical attacks and camoflage. For that reason, it is very slender and bears markings that are not at all subtle. Due to its confidence in its own abilities, these dragons tend to be a bit vain; and even though they're very smart, this arrogance often gets them into trouble. Black Magic Dragons will eat just about anything, plant or animal, and they are not known for being the most loyal mates.

Markings:

It has 3 white bars on its belly and 3 to 4 white stripes on its tail (as an adult, and I'm totally up for other ideas for markings happy.gif).

Fur:

BMD also has a very long, whispy whitish-silvery plume on the end of its tail, as well as whitish-silvery feathering from its elbow down. I was thinking of giving a mane-like mohawk from the back of its skull to about its shoulder blades, but I'm not sure yet.

Other features:

Toes:

BMD has extremely long back toes that theoretically could function almost like fingers, I guess.

Horns:

It has 2 pairs of horns. The first pair are the large ones in front. They go out from the head like a steer's horns, then curve forward, and then back again (so they're vaguely S-shaped if viewed from above). That pair branches off, so that each horn is 2-pronged.

The second pair of "horns" is actually more on the neck. They are short but very sharp.

Eyes: Black with white pupils/irises.

Wings:

The wings make use of 4 "fingers," one of which is more like a thumb. This enables the wings to enclose around an object almost like a hand.

Edited by GunGhost

Cool dragon art, although I do have to say the wings are positioned kinda weirdly on the Black Magic Dragon, dunno if that's just me.

No, I know what you mean. The wing is attached right around its shoulder, but because of the way it's posed and because it's so dark, you can't really see it. It looks like the wing is halfway down its back (at least, that's how it looks to me, anyway). xd.png I need to make a clearer drawing, huh? X)

You should totally make these in Dragon Requests. D:

WHY NOTTTTTT xd.png

These are amazing. :3

I'd help you with spriting if you do. >^<

Hey thanks! ^__^ I'm actually in the process of getting permission to submit a request for the BMD. I could just submit it as a stand-alone breed, but it just seemed to fit well as a Magi-Black hybrid. So, I've sent messages to all the artists of those breeds. We'll see how it goes.

And I'm so glad you like the ideas well enough to submit! ^__^

No, I know what you mean. The wing is attached right around its shoulder, but because of the way it's posed and because it's so dark, you can't really see it. It looks like the wing is halfway down its back (at least, that's how it looks to me, anyway). xd.png I need to make a clearer drawing, huh? X)

Ahh, okay, yeah making it a little clear will help with that problem.

Yeah Lach is right, you should! I so want to see it in cave, I hope it gets accepted!

Okay, well, I got permission to request the Black Magic Dragon. I'll have to redraw it if I decide to.

Right now, though, I'm working on another idea. xd.png I call it the Hummingbird Wyvern, for lack of a better name. I have 2 sketches I want to clean up. Right at the moment I'm working on cleaning up the first one.

Here's what it looks like so far:

user posted image

And here's the other sketch:

user posted image

I know it isn't that good and maybe I'll change my mind.

But I just really love making up dragon species, heheh. Requests aside, do you guys like this one? Just for fun? X) ^__^

Edit: Click >XD

Edited by GunGhost

All pics clickable.

Okay, I made this idea up some time ago, but I've just now gotten around to uploading it. I don't have any colored versions, so I'll tell you about it.

Name (tentative): Bottle-beak Dragon, Morion Dragon, Kettle-beak Dragon, Fur Dragon

Region: Alpine, Forest

Body: Its body is a light creamy color, kinda like the albino. At least, that's how I imagined it. I guess it wouldn't be the exact same...

- It has some fur. I think the fur might cover the whole body, but maybe not. The most prominent furry feature is the ruff of fur on the neck/chest.

- Its tail gets fatter, then tapers? At least, that was one idea. Idk.

- The top of the head and the horns are a sort of head plate, I think. They may be a different color than the rest of the body, though I imagine it's the same color.

Males: Have a more pronounced head. Despite the head being "taller," the lower jaw and eyes are still in the same place. It's just the upper part of the head that's different. Also, the male's horns turn up slightly. One last thing to note is that the male has a bigger ruff of fur on the neck.

Females: Have a much more slender headshape. Horns turn down slightly. The female has a shorter ruff of fur on her neck, though it may run further down the chest. Haven't decided.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by GunGhost

Okay, well, I got permission to request the Black Magic Dragon. I'll have to redraw it if I decide to.

Right now, though, I'm working on another idea. xd.png I call it the Hummingbird Wyvern, for lack of a better name. I have 2 sketches I want to clean up. Right at the moment I'm working on cleaning up the first one.

Here's what it looks like so far:

user posted image

And here's the other sketch:

user posted image

I know it isn't that good and maybe I'll change my mind.

But I just really love making up dragon species, heheh. Requests aside, do you guys like this one? Just for fun? X) ^__^

Edit: Click >XD

Do-do bird! tongue.gif My favourite bird of all time.

Sorry... *cough* Just... looks... so... cute... like... a... do-do... bird... trying... to... eat... a... small... cracker.

Do you take requests?

Your artwork is epic.

Eh, I guess I wouldn't mind taking a request. I've done plenty of them before (on another site), but my problem is that I rarely get around to finishing them. DX Anyway, I won't be able to do anything until after next week, cuz next week is FINALS WEEK *Dun dun dun~~* But after that, I'd love to try whatever it is you'd like. X)

Umm, if you want to see any other art--you know, stuff that's not dragons--here's my Deviantart account (I don't put much on it. I like looking at other people's stuff, lol): http://orphion.deviantart.com/

Edited by GunGhost

Yay, non-Dragon Cave-related art!!!1 ^__^

This is my OC Gatling. He is based off the series MegaMan Legends. I often call him "Gatling of the System". If you don't know what that is, go to Legends-station.com. Um, am I allowed to say that? Well, anyway. Here he is! happy.gif

user posted image

Gatling is able to change his hair color. Naturally it is a white or nearly white color, so that's how I did it here. The symbols on his shoulders and neck are symbols frequently seen in the MML universe. He is basically a glorified Servitor Unit, but cooler cuz he has fewer rules to follow. >XD

He is quiet and intense, personality-wise, and can be manipulative when necessary.

Edited by GunGhost

So nice to see someone else who likes MM! I used to play a RPG with a few friends on the weekends that was based on MM. I had a Fire Navi names Sari who summoned wolves made of fire...it was cool lol. I actually had 7 characters in that world: 2 Navis, 3 Fire Wolves, and 2 NetOps.

Ooh. I really like all of these. They're all very well done. Especially some of your more bird-like dragons, very creative. My fav is definitely the Hummingbird Wyvern.

Keep it uup~