Evangeline

Random Facts

Ooh that's a cool one, Green.

In California it's illegal for women to drive in a house coat.

I knew most of those but some of those facts are incorrect. tongue.gif

Mainly 27. That word is a compliment but can also be an insult. tongue.gif

What are they going to do? Put you in jail if you break the law? xd.png

~Oregon's state flag pictures a beaver on its reverse side. It is the only state flag to carry two separate designs.

~Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state.

Oregon facts

I think some of them are meant to be sarcastic tongue.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ not everybody in britain sounds the same. the only people who talk with a stereotypical 'british accent*' are the queen.

If you don't believe me, google "Geordie" "cockney" or "brummie" . they all live in england.

*which does not exist

Ooh that's a cool one, Green.

In California it's illegal for women to drive in a house coat.

...I live in California. I really don't think that's true. On a related note: Caller ID is not illegal in California, despite what the Snapple cap says.

- There are 293 ways to make change for a U.S. dollar.

- Symbols, like !#@%, that used to indicate swearing or cursing in comic strips are called grawlix.

- Just as some people talk in their sleep, sign language speakers have been known to sign in their sleep.

- While Olympus Mons is the tallest mountain in our solar system, it is actually a volcano around 15 miles tall!

- Bill Clinton reportedly only ever sent two emails as president, one of which was a test message to see if he was doing it correctly.

Weird... Grawlix?

~The eggplant was known as the mad apple and was thought to cause madness.

~The three REAL primary colors are Cyan, Magenta and Yellow.

~Tae Kwon Do Means "The Art of Kicking and Punching." Karate means "Empty Handed."

~The universe is thought to have expanded faster than the speed of light in the big bang.

The word bed actually looks like a bed.

What? xd.png

~The color pink is used in prisons to subdue inmates. When an inmate is being particularly violent or unruly, he can be placed in a room that is painted a very soft pink. His pulse immediately slows, and he will immediately calm down.

~Red is a power color and one universally favored by men to be worn on women. When men see a woman dressed in red, she becomes 30% or so more attractive to them. ( blink.gif )

~People size us up within 90 seconds, and their first impression of us is based predominantly upon the colors we are wearing. In fact, color alone accounts for between 62 and 90% of that vital first impression.

~Black is not a color, it is absence of color.

~Yellow and orange are not recommended as great paint colors for home kitchens, as they reportedly stimulate our appetites.

~Blue is the most universally preferred color by all adults around the world.

~The three REAL primary colors are Cyan, Magenta and Yellow.

I got into a fight about this with one of my friends once and spent HOURS on google. Cyan, magenta, and yellow ARE real primary colours, but the way you worded it makes it seem as if they are the only primary colors. Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow are subtractive primaries (meaning in painting, dyes, etc) while red, blue, and green are additive primaries(light). All six are considered primaries. If you're wondering about the fight, I insisted the primaries were red/blue/green, while my friend insisted they were red/blue/yellow. Neither of us knew if we were talking about additive or subtractive. xd.png

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is the fear of long words.

Edited by Aquenee

Sea otters hold hands while they sleep, so they don't drift away from each other. :3

Sea otters hold hands while they sleep, so they don't drift away from each other. :3

I think my heart just exploded <3333333333333

The Centaur Rocket Upper Stage shares its name with a constellation and a mythological creature.

Venus has a crater named Evangeline, which shares its name with the person who created this thread. xd.png

The Atlantis shuttle shares its name with a city from an mythological civilization.

The most difficult language to learn in the world is English.

People who grew up speaking a language other than English will find it extremely difficult to learn English.

Czechoslovakian is considered one of the hardest languages in the world.

People who grew up speaking a language other than English will find it extremely difficult to learn English.

Czechoslovakian is considered one of the hardest languages in the world.

Ö.ö Really? I wouldn't call English difficult...

And I don't think something like Czechoslovakian exists...? Even when the two countries were one, there were separate Czech and Slovak languages. I do agree though, Czech and Slovak must be hard as hell for foreigners. xd.png *is Czech*

Edited by Orlageddon

Ö.ö Really? I wouldn't call English difficult...

And I don't think something like Czechoslovakian exists...? Even when the two countries were one, there were separate Czech and Slovak languages. I do agree though, Czech and Slovak must be hard as hell for foreigners. xd.png *is Czech*

umlauts are epical, they give O.o smileys eyelashes xd.png

Actually, I believe it's Magyar (Hungarian), at least for languages of the Western world. It isn't derived from Germanic, Latin or Slavic origins, so there aren't many cognates or word roots to go off of; its closest relative is Finnish.

Continuing on a language note, Turkish is the only known language with absolutely no irregular verbs.

A single lightning bolt on Jupiter can produce up to (if I have my facts straigt), 500 billion volts of electricity. Lightning on earth is tiny compared to this.

There are more planets in the universe than there are grains of sand on every beach on earth.

You're probably never more than 1 metre away from a spider at any one time.

Your tongue is the strongest muscle in your body.

It is considered rude to tip in Iceland.

It is illegal for men to wear strapless dresses in Miami, Florida.

-There are both female and male ginkgo trees. The females grow fruit that most people think smells bad and the males grow pollen.

-There is more sugar in a lemon than there is in a strawberry. (Lemons are bigger, so I guess that makes sense.)

-Plant cell mitochondria burn glucose to make energy, just like animal cell mitochondria do. (Probably obvious, but some people don't get that.)