dangershy

The Typo Thread.

texting my friend a couple days ago, it was hilarious to us because i didnt realize it. it was at like 11 at night. before i start. the "gameing system" thing is used because we get on pokemon black (me) and white (her) and we use it like a phone on voice chat.

Her: gamming system?

Me: hold on, let me thonk about it. i dont wanna wake anyone up.

Her: love thonking.

Me: oh derp! i didn't just say that did i?

Her: obviously you did xd.png

i had plenty of other typos, that one was most recent though.

Edited by NightLovesFantasies

While I was typing out the donation registry form for Save The Rares, somehow my Kindle's autocorrect decided to put "prizefighter" in the place of "prize" when I was working on the breeding limits.

EDIT: (just though I should add this odd joke/sarcastic line based off this situation) Gee, I didn't realize we could train and breed dragons for fighting.

I made a few other typos (including close calls on this post) on these forums as well.

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

Oh gosh, I do so many typos it's crazy. But autocorrect always seems to want to correct me when I get something right, not when I get something wrong!

For example, autocorrect likes to change "so" to "do" EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Two of my friends made this one on a warrior cats RP. Two cats were talking.

"You'll make a wise car someday."

"Great!" What's a car?

I make a lot of Typos. Many I catch and will go back and edit, but some slip through.

Not helped by the fact that I can't spell very well to begin with.

I have the same trouble as Fort. I'm hopeless at spelling. I come last normally in a spelling test.

Unless you have an excellent vocabulary or use auto grammar through word processor believe there not to be a single person who has not made a typo mistake. Hah Hah...Even now I've nearly typed 'auto' as 'autop'. tongue.gif

Whenever that occur during a conversation with my friends we laughed it off and claim it to be the work of the typo demon. On a few occasion using my mobile phone missed a key typing what I wanted to say to them. Hahah...

Problem is the buttons on the smartphone are so tiny that it is more often than enough.

Edited by GokaiPink

I don't make many typos. However, I tend to misspell 'computer' as 'copmuter'. Would be nice to have something to mute cops with, though.

rolleyes.gif

This was not a typo I made, but someone else did it.

So this is on a live chat, and we were RP'ing.

This girl intended to type down *shuts her mouth*.

And...umm...as it so happens, the 'U' is rather close to the 'I', which in turn changed 'shuts' into a more unfortunate word.

Cue xd.png's and LOL's and ROFL's... You get it. It was hilarious.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

This wasn't a typo exactly, but a massive editing fail.

Back in the mid to late 1990s, TSR or WotC wanted D&D players to start using the word 'wizard' instead of 'mage' for whatever reason. So whoever was in charge of printing up the game modules for use at the cons did a global search-and-replace command on all the game files to replace 'mage' with 'wizard'.

However, the person doing this neglected to specify that only the standalone word 'mage' should be replaced, with the end result that for a couple of months we were all laughing at the modules which told us that "X attack causes 3d6 dawizard" instead of damage.

Hm... well I've said poop when I meant pop. I don't remember any really.

Oh, one time my friend typed feelets instead of feels or feelers and we use it all the time now.

Edited by Dauntingale

Hm... I don't make too many typos. I know how to write words pretty well, and if I don't I can figure it out in a jiffy. My typos are mostly made because I type fast and my fingers slips sometimes. Specially when writing something that has a capital letter and the letter "L" after it. For example, I type "PLay" instead of "Play" 90% of the times xd.png.

I was bumping my thread just now and I tried to type : Bumpity bump

But it came out as : bum pity bump

Autocorrect strikes again

Friend: The meaning of life is cheese

Me: Not if you're lacrosse intolerant

Lactose intolerance ftl

'My b/f is sapnish'

'Sapnish? He speaks the language of trees?'

Needless to say, I don't have any b/f/g/f stuff going on anymore. 8p. That's one road I give up on.

pruple dargon... rolleyes.gif Always. Every time.

So a few days ago I went ice skating, and I couldn't feel my fingers, or my face at that. I couldn't talk for about 20 minutes afterwards, so I was texting my friend who was right next to me. This is what happened

Me: Maybe i easny ok wgen isaid i was

(Maybe I wasn't okay when I said I was. I had told him earlier I was completely fine even though I felt like death)

Him: At least it's warm in here (we were in a bus at the time)

Me: I feel like imonf ire (I feel like I'm on fire)

Him: I have no idea who the hell Imonf Ire is, never hear of anyone with that last name, but they must feel terrible (He mistook my typo for somebody's name I guess.

Me: *breaks out in laughter* Im on fire

Him: Ohhh

*later. He's playing dead and staring at me in an awkward way and not blinking*

Me: Did I kill youf

Me: Why art thoy starinh(Why art thou staring?)

Him: I have never seen art called thoy starinh

I am now actually going to draw something, put it on my dA, and name it "Thoy Starinh"

not to long ago, another moment with my friend happened but this is her typo xd.png

her: i hate this generation we kill in

me: what?? xd.png

her: what do you mean what?

me: dont you read what you type?

her: sometimes, why?

me: FWD: i hate this generation we kill in

her: ah derp i meant this generation we live in

So, a while ago I was reading some book. (I can't remember the title of the book) And there was someone in the book name Miss Pocopson. About halfway through the book there was a little typo. Instead of it saying "Miss Pocopson" it said "Miss Poopson"!

ROFLOL!!! laugh.gif

I am rather notorious for, when I'm distracted or thinking about two things at once, replacing entire words with a different, often totally unrelated word. Some examples:

"Lilac is oblivious"

to

"Lilac is essay"

This was even made into an IRC rule. I was teased mercilessly about it for a month after. xd.png

"Lilac tabs back in and blasts forty off the cliff"

to

"Lilac tabs back in and blasts forty off the cat"

Go check out his signature, I think he has it there. xd.png

In Gary Paulsen's Hatchet, purple cover, the name Brian is typo'd as Brain on page ten xd.png

Edit because autocorrect changed as to dams xd.png

Edited by PieMaster

A very recent typo. i sent my friend a link to a story which she never clicked and later i logged off, bugging my friend to tell her to read it.

Her: NO.

Me: i want you tell her!

Her: rephrase that XD

Me: what?

Her: reread.

Me: OH DERP!

does that count? XD

I always name my character in RPs 'Isa'.

Auto correct always thinks I'm trying to type 'USA' or 'OSA' or 'Ida'

Did I post this one already?

Also a few other auto correct typos:

Were to we're

Its to it's

And stuff like that.

Pfft, on one of my posts here on DC i nearly said "bookcakes" instead of "bookcase". And once again, while typing that bookcakes turned into booccakes and bookcase turned into booccase too... then booccakes turned into booscakes! What is going on. What turned into Whsat... ect. ect. o_o The "turned into" was all in this post. Was turned into wall and wass while wass turned into was, and turned turned into tuned! ninja.gif Oh my. I hardly ever make typos, so this isn't a good day for me. Isn't turned into ian't and a few others i can't remember ALREADY. rolleyes.gif Good grief... Totally not a good day. Nope, not at all. Nope turned into Npe... as expected. A bit nervous, lady?

EDIT: It's a conga line!

EDIT 2: ... maybe it's the sugar.

Edited by YellowTsunami