dejavugurl

Your Room

a bomb exploded in mine and spread clothes everywhere!

my room is cluttered as all. the sam as my mind. it's perfect biggrin.gif

Messy. Very, very messy.

I'm waiting to get some new furniture this year (And by that, I mean 2012), so that'll be exciting. Maybe i'll actually get stuff done. XD

As for Description:

Light Purple Walls. Large White shelf on the wall of my second biggest wall in my room holding all my Dragon Figurines. I have a Vanity, Bed, Desk, Two Bookshelves and a Dresser. I have a big purple round chair as well. On the top of my desk holds all my Alice's Adventures in Wonderland collectibles. On top of my Bookshelf holds all my Barbie Collectibles (Namely: Couture Angel 2010, Alice in Wonderland Disney 1996, Alice in Wonderland Alice and Red Queen 2010, Japanese World Barbie Boy and Girl 2011, Japanese Barbie 1996, Mulan Sparkle Princess Disney). I have a Garfield Clock on my Wall (This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKoKNKOXx3Y) as well as a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Calendar. Oh, and a fishtank!

I wish I could take pictures, but my room is messy. XD

Edited by MysticTiger

The only apt word to describe my room is MESSY. I have a floordrobe at the moment, meaning that everything I own is tossed on the ground... I've been meaning to clean it for ages, but it keeps getting worse, and the prospect of cleaning it even more daunting.

I will get around to it one day...

*cue "5 years later" sign*

Floordrobe, ha. I'm going to have to use that term someday.

I've got an open penk and green dufflebag that's exploded its guts all over about a third of my room, on top of a black guitar case mashed right up to the dog's kennel. The kennel is on the floor of my closet only my closet doors went MIA years ago, so it's just clothes hanging from a wire closety shelfy thing over a kennel in a strange indentation in my wall. My door's on a corner at a 45, because my room's on a corner of the house, and the back of it is covered with strips of colored duct tape and the ghostly adhesive residue of strips I've pulled off. There's also some kind of sticker I won from Girlscout cookie sales more than a decade ago clinging, half peeled off some three feet above the door knob.

I've got a tower of sterilite plastic drawers between the foot of my bed and the angled door, filled with postcards, pencils (and related styluses), underwear, pajamas, and dog accoutrements, in descending order. Perched on top is a green plastic waste basket filled with ****ty DVDs (I can see Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey poking out of a hole in the side from where I sit) and a cellophane baggie of dog biscuits my agoraphobic-yet-lovely-cousin Jenny gave Friday for Christmas. Above the green basket on the wall hanging on the lips of several oversized push pins is a canvas board painting I did my senior year of high school. It's pretty much crap but I'm too lazy to take it down.

Between the sterilite drawers and the exterior wall with the window is my bed, positioned in what the feng sui crowd would call the deadman's sation. I thought about moving my bed so my feet weren't facing out the door when I learned this but I really can't be arsed after 15 years. It's a full size captain's bed made out of unfinished pine with four large and mostly empty drawers beneath it. Currently my mattress is half-dressed in the most pitifully overused and beat up purple satin sheets. If I were a kinder woman maybe I'd take them out back and shoot them, or cut out those parts of them not marred with snags and inkstains and make dress-up clothes for my little cousins. I have roughly 12 pillows clad in mismatched pillowcases and two twisted comforters in a nest-like heap on my bed. There was a point where I tried to fight my nestpile instinct and keep my bed made and tidy for whatever minor sense of personal fulfillment and control it gave me, but sleeping with those tight geometric planes of blanket that didn't hug my body or tuck under my feet felt so incredibly wrong.

I digress.

My one window currently has green sheer curtains over it in a nasty plaid pattern. They were once my brothers but I'm a magpie and all castoff things in my home have a way of coming back to me. Said window is quite drafty in the winter, because it faces directly onto the columbia river gorge east winds. I have have a mind to knit a window cosy, half for the ironic value and half because I'm afraid if my teeth chatter any more my jaw might pop off.

Next two the window on the part of the wall that isn't hanging out with my bed are some press-board shelves that literally hold nothing I care about. I haven't reached for anything on those selves in a number of years, and they're mostly an unsightly heap of highschool homework, broken pieces of jewelery boxes, expired medications, and orphaned wires from all kinds of bygone things. I should probably chuck most of it but every time I clean my room I end up passing right by that shelf and not thinking of it. It's like I've trained myself to 'unsee' the damned thing.

On the wall opposite the wall most of my bed is crammed up next to is my desk and an awesome 7 feet tall ikea bookshelf. The desk used to match my captain's bed and is the same pine with matching drawer toggles, but I actually found the get-up-and-go to stain the desk sheer black. It looks really nice over the grain of the wood. I've got papers, candy wrappers, hairties, and a few upturned desklamps chilling on my desk right now. My tablet's also there under my christmas stocking which never made it back downstairs to get put back in mom's christmas storage tubs. It's like, now I have a giant red furry sock with no mate, but it's no big deal because I don't wear socks anyway. We're just going to be friends.

The bookshelf is absolutely full of books. I filled the shelves the normal way and then started having to put books sideways over top of the normally stacked books. The bottom of 6 shelves is split evenly three ways between magazines, manga, and prose fiction. The rest of the case is just stacks and stacks of fiction, mostly fantasy with a fair dose of 'young adult' and the odd 'general fiction' work thrown in. I've read everything in this bookcase at least once which might imply I'm an avid reader; I'm not though. I haven't picked up a book to read for pleasure since this summer, and even then I only finished two. I'm both too busy and far too picky to be anything like the 'voracious reader' archetypal character people assume me to be when they see my bookhoard. Ah well.

Between my bookcase and the aforementioned doorless closet is a penk guitar, 1/2 sized with nylon strings. I don't actually play this one because it's strung for a normal right handed player (which I'm not) but I do get a kick out of looking at it.

There's a chair in my room that kind of migrates to wherever is least in the way of whatever my purposes for the day are. It's currently got a bunch of colored pencils and dying sketchbooks sitting on it and is hiding out under the pressboard shelves on my window wall. I'm sitting on my knees over the edge of the bed with my computer on a big plank of wood (to prevent overheating). It's weird that I have a desk but don't use it for deskly things, right? Ah well. This is my workstation and it's just how I roll.

So yes. I hope you enjoyed that verbal tour of my hovel.

Pretty clean, most of the time. But I like seeing stuff scattered around, here and there. Gives it a feeling of intimacy and makes it more personal.

Hmm...well, my dorm at school is a lot cleaner than my one at home tongue.gif I technically have a room to myself, but I share a dorm suite with two other girls. It's like a mini-apartment: two bedrooms--I'm in one and my two dorm mates are in the other--a bathroom, and a walk in closet. I keep my room semi-clean because they like to have people over and unless I keep my door closed, their friends could easily see into my room. I tend to keep clean clothes just folded and piled on a chair so I don't have to put it all away in drawers lol *lazy* I have a bunch of "favorites", so might as well just keep them out so it's easy to grab them when I'm running late every morning rolleyes.gif I actually have two beds because the room is technically meant for two people, so one is my "computer/homework" bed (hey, I like doing my homework/being online in comfort) and the other I actually sleep in. I get made fun of for using both tongue.gif I just say I like using all my resources.

Floordrobe. I like that.

My mom calls my room a toxic waste dump. There's clothes everywhere (and I mean everywhere) but my closet, which has some old costumes and so much other junk the sliding doors don't even close all the way. Most of my clothes are piled up on top of the great big cedar chest at the foot of my bed where I keep my winter stuff but rarely open because it's so heavy thanks to the junk on top of it. The rest are in front of my closet, next to the door, in piles. It doesn't help that I have a half-full laundry basket that is just sitting there (half-full because I'm taking shirts out of it every day, with me being too lazy to actually put them into my dresser) and an overstuffed chair that is just sitting there collecting dust. And junk. It's more of a storage bin than anything.

Next to that I have a huge basket full of Webkinz. I used to be obsessed with Webkinz, and have almost a hundred of them. It's now collecting dust like my chair.

On the other side is my nightstand on which I have a lamp, two alarm clocks (one that changes color and I use for a nightlight, the other is just a clock), a radio/iPod dock, two empty tissue boxes (I have a bad habit of collecting boxes. Tissue boxes are some of my favorites, although my mom has dwindled my box collection a great deal in the past month.), about four different books, a coster that never gets used because I never take drinks into my room, a dragon action figure that I've had for like ever, and a thing of chapstick.

My bed matches the rest of my room. It's never made, and the covers slide down at the foot the longer I go without making it. I'm currently sleeping with just my comforter, which I actually don't mind, with my warm PJs and all. It also has five large pillows, three of which I actually sleep on, the others end up on the floor.

Next to my bed on the wall across from my closet, is my dresser. It is usually pretty neat, but lately my earrings have taken over. I've even decorated this purple dragon statue I have in the middle of my dresser with my feather earrings so my cat doesn't get them.

A smaller bookcase sits to the right of my dresser, on top of which is my now empty fishtank. The shelves contain my entire collection of the Warriors books, some random nicknacks, and my fishtank stuff.

On the other side of that is a giant plush horse: the next best thing to a girl who's eight. But now, it's as decorated with clothes and ratty fairy wings as my earring dragon. I have no idea why I still have it.

Then there's my larger bookcase which is more of a nicknack shelf than a bookcase; you have to move eight things just to pull out one book. Most of my books are shoved haphazardly onto the very bottom shelf... I so need to go through them.

And my desk, against the wall next to my bathroom door... Perfect for a five-year-old with a passion for drawing, it's now too small for me and has been for years. I never sit at it, preferring to do my homework on the living room couch. I now use it as an extension of my nicknack shelf/bookcase, but it's currently piled high with junk just like the rest of my room.

The white, now beige thanks to a few fires in the fireplace without the damper open, walls are the only neat part of my room, covered with various pictures. A few of them I've drawn myself, but most are from old calendars. I also have a peacock feather taped to my wall and a 2010 calendar I made on Publisher. Why? Because I'm strange. As for the celling, it has twelve pieces of purple masking tape placed around the two recessed lights and half-broken celling fan. (I decided I wanted to decorate my room for Christmas one year, but snowflakes were all I could do on my own. So I made a dozen of them and got my dad to help my tape them to the celling. They fell one by one... I'm too lazy to take the tape down.)

My two windows are nothing special. They're old single pane glass and have a lot of character in my opinion, despite being energy-efficant. But many a spider has built its web on the outside of them, making it so disgusting that I never open them. I try to keep the blinds, horrible, broken vatican blinds, raised during the day but I can never remember. There is a third, smaller window in my bathroom that doesn't have any curtains, with a stained glass window my mom made years ago hanging in it. Before someone mentions privacy, there's almost a quarter of a mile of backyard and woods between my house and the road beyond.

And that is probably more than you ever wanted to know about my room.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Mine is usally a complete mess, but right now it's clean. My mom made me clean it.

Im a neat freak so my room is almost always clean. I am one note short of having OCD but I can manage fine. but my room has to be clean anyways so I can tend to my fishies :) I love having a neat room to read or draw/paint in

With all the knickknacks and drawings hanging around my room, you can almost never truly call it clean. Especially when I've committed myself to an art project; there's always colored pencils and various pieces of paper laying around. Whenever I deem it clean, my parents still think it's a mess.

My room has dragon and dog decorations piled on the dresser and books on the bed headboard. Aside from that, it's almost entirely bare (save the furniture).

My room looks clean right now. My warcraft action figures (still in original packaging) are hanging from the walls, except for Lady Vashj's box. It's on top of my air conditioner. Lol. I can't find a place to put them.

My gundams are displayed on top of my computer table (where the printer should be) together with some other anime figures. A table holds my boyfriend's laptop. My stuffed toys are in the corner, with the balloon my boyfriend gave me on my birthday. It's still alive even after 5 months.

My room is pretty sweet. I have a 80 gallon turtle tank, a huge bookshelf filled with fiction books, and a beanbag chair. My sister and I technically share a room, because a curtain is the only thing that seperates us. My bed is decently large, and is piled high with blankets.

My room's kinda tiny [although my friends say it's huge] T_T My bed mainly takes up the whole space, then it's my drawer right next to the bed, and then there's my desk... I've basically lined up all the furniture on the left/right side of my room, so there's a kind of middle aisle you can walk through. But yeah, it's pretty clean, I have dust allergies so my bed and toys [yup, I still keep teddies] are all hypo-allergic stuffs tongue.gif

My room isn't attached to the house. It's essentially a shed, that was converted into a living space. The floor is cement, and the lower three feet or so of the walls are made out of cement as well. (The cement part of the walls is painted grayish-blue).

The upper part of the walls are wooden, and covered with paneling. There are five windows, and a door that doesn't close properly unless you fight with it first.

Of course, this time of year is when the ants are everywhere, and since my room isn't insulated, they can come in through every single crack in the walls. Because of that, I have to keep the entire room spotless, otherwise they get into everything. >.<

I've got a queen-sized bed that I share with my fiancee, a single dresser with absolutely no clothing in the drawers, and a desk which holds my fiancee's computer. We keep our clothes folded in piles either on top of our suitcases (they double as furniture, don'tcha know!), or in boxes.

Andddd I think that's more than enough trivial info about my bedroom. xd.png

I like to keep my room very neat and clean. I like candles burning, and I like it to smell good in here. My room is my sancuary. I deal with a lot of mental stress due to being the sole caretaker of my 86 year old mom, who has alzheimers and dementia. When I can finally get a little time to myself, I want to walk into a space that comforting and soothing, not chaotic and cluttered. My mind is chaotic and cluttered most of the time, so I need my surroundings to be the opposite. xd.png

Edited by MedievalMystic

My room = mess

But I'm cleaning it...sorta.

A tip. I haven't unpacked my clothes from the Easter break yet, and I have a habit of eating dinner in here instead of in our shared student kitchen... Also, I haven't got enough shelves so I use my floor as storage space. laugh.gif

An utter mess, save for my bed. Decorated with Chinese stuff, along with other little items and curiosities I've collected.

A somewhat orderly mess with a snake tank, computer, and a bunch of Hot Wheels Cameros and Mustangs all over the walls.

Edit: And a LOT of LEGO and Mega Bloks Halo.

Edited by Seregir