dejavugurl

Your Room

Huge desk dominates room. Books all around me, about 600 of them? I need to count them again. Chesterfield armchair in corner, next to an easel. Dusty unused TV. Mini-table and mini-closet holding all my artsy pursuits.

It only looks clean because I picked up all my papers and folders and put them on the chairs.

Well.. messy.

Lots of clothes strewn everywhere, a bunch of papers on the desk... lots of things. It's usually quite neat.

Well, then again, that was a lie.

When you first walk into my room, the first thing you'll notice is the windows. After all, these gargantuan panels of glass face right across from you and are covered with wooden blind-things that are practically useless, the way they're so thin and separated. From those windows you get a view of trees and a huge lawn, but the sound of the highway obstructs all natural feelings this view might give you. Then there is a large iron bed frame painted over in white that has a gigantic coca-cola bear on it and several pillows along with three-four comforters. A large dark bookcase stands looming off in a corner, simply full of books. Posters of my favorite bands and chords for a guitar ring the room, along with 'Starry Night.' A tower stands with an old plasma ball. Another shelf stands with dusty old horse figures from back when I was a little kid. This too, is also filled with books where there is space enough. Two dressers stand, one in my closet, the other out in my room. The one in my room hold clothes, the other one holds... you've got it! Books! A memory board is covered with blue and purple ribbons and my favorite thing of all -my guitar- rests right next to my bed.

My room is very small, a little messy, with some writing on some post-it notes and stickers on the walls saying things like 'grab the day' and 'don't worry too much about it' or 'just get it done', they're like self-written support notes as I don't have any friends irl to do that kind of thing with. My bed is never done and one can always find some clothes on it, I really don't mind and most people don't mind either. The smallness of my room gives it a warm, homey feeling. If I could, I would probably fill it with a lot more stuff but this is a temporary residence and I do not feel like moving truckloads of stuff when it's time to move out.

Picture of a series of posters right above my bed

These posters are the thing that makes my room homely, they're quite precious to me.

Edited by soullesshuman

I have a small-ish room, bigger then the last one I had. I tend to keep clean, the only messy thing in my room is my laundry hamper, I tent to just toss close on it more then in it, and kind of my table, it's about a foot off the ground, I use it to make my posters and drawings, so it has some art stuff on it. my beds on the floor, and I never make it, but it's just three pillows and a blanket so... I have a really cool paint job I did on my wall, it's a gray and pin stripe gray-ish blue pladness =]

I don't really have a lot of stuff... to point were my closet is kind of empty-ish... and really clean as well.

Edited by thespi

I share a room with a relative stranger at the moment, so I've endeavoured to keep it neat. It's a fairly big room, but plainly decorated, with a pair of curved windows that look out over a quad. There's usually fruit on top of the chest of drawers and random stuff all over both desks (including a set of dragon statues and two bottles of nutritional supplement pills on mine, and usually at least one mug, as well as my cowboy hat on the lamp). There's a massive blue travel trunk at the end of my bed, where I keep a lot of food as well as other things I don't want people to have. The furniture is rather mismatched; both desks are fairly new, but my wardrobe consists of three pieces of wood, a pole, and a rather dilapidated curtain with flowers on it that probably belongs firmly in the 70s, and my chest of drawers looks almost victorian. My roommate hasn't put any posters up yet, since she only moved in a few days ago, but I have Keep Calm and Carry On above my desk, the grim reaper riding a fanged horse, a giant playing card (the king of spades, if anyone cares) and a handy flow chart telling me whether or not I need another beer. There are textbooks and a selection of cheesy fantasy novels on the mantlepiece above the (nonfunctional) 1960s fireplace, but they keep falling off which is annoying for me and probably terrifying for the boys who live in the room below.

University life is... interesting.

It's extremely messy. I'm not even kidding...! I'm serious! I have to clean it up soon, but I always end up procrastinating or getting distracted by the things I find (which often are stuff I've lost when I was 8 or 9!).

My nightstand, dresser and closet are a mess but other than that my room's pretty clean. Just a paper here, some piece if clothing, some of my stuff. I'm big on drawing so sometimes I find a Sharpie, a pencil, some random thing of mine laying around.

Hmm... There's nothing on the floor, but everything is stacked onto dressers and desks, so it's quite messy. ^.^

My room is dominated by a 55 gallon fish tank with two huge goldfish in it. I also have a 10 gallon tank with kuhli loaches and another 10 gallon with bettas and a separator. My bookshelf is overflowing with books and my writing is strewn upon the floor. Another corner has my collection of huge stuffed animals which overflows from my bed. I live in chaos. And there is usually a cat in there somewhere.

Um... my mom says that it's so messy that the government is going to declare it a toxic waste dump. It's not really that bad though; there's just clothes everywhere, no food or anything.

ah, mine is always a glorious mess.

My friend refers to it as the clutter closet.

My room is clean (for the most part) except my closet. My closet looks like something out of a cartoon because when you open the door, it's just this solid wall of stuff all smashed together.

I'll get around to cleaning it one of these days. tongue.gif

My desk is now just regular mess since I've been cleaning. xd.png If I hadn't, though, it would be impossible to see the desk itself under the layer of books, empty platters, papers, drawing tools, books, papers and random stuff.

My room isn't very big, but I love it anyway. The walls are pink and pinkish violet (the reason for these colors is unknown even to me, I originally wanted green but my parents kept saying it wasn't good for nerves, which doesn't make sense blink.gif). I have a bunk bed, but there isn't another bed underneath; rather, there's some empty space with a huge, comfy bean bag. There are two bookcases in my room, filled with books and my collection of rabbit plushies, and a shelf where I keep random decorations and my top hat. Then there's my desk, which contains a royal mess, my computer and a pile of papers (mostly finished pictures). And I have a few posters on my walls, because what kind of Lordi fan would I be without a huge poster. :3

It's clean right now, mostly. I cleaned it the other day, and it usually takes quite a long time for my room to get to the point where it's a horrible mess. And then I clean it again. tongue.gif Except the walls are messed up. Like there's a hole in the drywall where the foot of my bed used to be and I kicked the wall in my sleep. And the wall near the windows are dirty and the plaster's coming off because I set up the air conditioner wrong last summer and it leaked water into the wall. >.> Oh, and the carpet's stained. Same reason as the wall under the windows. And the closet's a complete disaster, but that's not my fault. It was like that when I moved into that room. It's an old house.

In a word? Messy.

I really need to clean it up but I have zero motivation to do so. I'm sure you'd all be shocked at how disgusting it is though. tongue.gif Or at least the neat freaks here would be. Other than that though, it's a pretty straight forward and ordinary room. A bit boring I guess. tongue.gif

mine is like a war scene. i don't have a wardrobe i have a floordrobe biggrin.gif

My room is comfortably messy. I call it cozy. There are many posters, ranging from Transformers (Decepticons) posters to big cats, birds, hyena etc. Shelves packed with dragon ornaments. Two large bookcases that house TF figures and many books from Animorphs to Harry Potter. Many many many stuffed animals from tigers to parrots and Lion King toys, and there's drawing material everywhere (craft knives, pencils, sketchbooks etc). So to anyone else, it's cluttered and messy, but I can find everything.

Mine too is a mess, notebooks and sheets everywhere D:

I have 2/4 of my guardrobe all on a chair, and my bed is always unmade, like if a nuclear bomb just exploded on it. Under my desk there are a lot of school books and bags and i'm never in vein of make some order =__=

The walls are covered of posters and my mother just want to burn them because she's frightened by Tré Cool's eyes.

Mine is surpisingly clean (for once) although my Anime Collection is a mess, all out of order. I have a obsession to put all my DVD'S in alphabeticaly order. My anime shrine is mess too, Little plushies knocked over!! Noo!

My bedroom is nice and clean. Largely because almost the only thing we do in there is sleep *g* Strangely it seems to be easier to keep things tify when you have more space. My room when I lived with my parents used to look like a bomb had hit it, now I've got a house of my own it's much, much tidier.

My room is an organized chaos. I'm going to clean up when I can't walk anymore, I promise.