elynne

DC Ethics & Morals

I don't really have any morals when it comes to the game itself. Interaction with other users I do of course (in a general "do unto others" sort of way), but the game itself...not really.

I do have a few self imposed rules like life mating certain dragons (and I DO kill any offspring that are from outside that pair if necessary to hide the evidence), and only having One adult male Guardian on my scroll (except for the accidental one named "Most Worthless of Dragons. I'm a horrible person tongue.gif ), but I'd hardly call them morals or ethics.

I don't intentionally breed inbreds or Messy lines because I prefer looking at pretty clean lines, not because I actually have a problem with it. I do have 2 inbred lines (an EG Red line, and a staircase Guardian line with only one male ever used), one of which is for the lulz and the other due to a random head canon for one of my dragons. I don't really breed much except for my own lineages anyway, so don't have any use for breeding messies.

I try and name most of my dragons but don't feel bad if I don't.

I freeze at will as I've never seen the problem with granting eternal youth tongue.gif , and do freeze pretty lines I can't or don't want to continue. I bite and don't care if they die, I kill multiple dragons for zombies every year, and occasionally just kill things to get them scrubbed from my scroll or lineages (I rarely kill others lines to scrub them, those I usually release though it is uncommon for me to do so. Tbh I hate seeing wild offspring in my dragons progeny lists; I would genuinely rather they were killed and effectively deleted from the site than be released and be a permanently unnamed wild dragon. But I think that is just me which is why if I need to get 'someone else's' dragon off my scroll for some reason - I think it's happened like...twice ever? - I will release rather than kill.)

I guess the most controversial thing I do is I WILL try and zombify (and occasionally neglect) other people's pretty lineages picked up off the AP. I wouldn't do it to a gift, but if it was abandoned, I believe I am allowed to do what I like with it. I think I am a bit unusual in preferring lineages on these dragons rather than CB, but that's what I prefer, and I like seeing and keeping pretty lines others have bred, without any pressure to find a mate (I freeze pretty lineages hatches for much the same reason). Of course I wouldn't do it if explicitly asked not to, but otherwise *shrugs*

Well, if we're discussing ethics, perhaps trading and gifting is an aspect I can think of. When people give a dragon as a gift, they usually request the recipient not to turn them to vampires or zombies. Some would dislike the recipient to trade it off. For me, that's okay to do so, to request the recipient on what to do with it, but for me, my recipients are free to do whatever they want with the gift. It is a gift. It's free. You can do anything with it that you want. It's okay for me for them to trade or give it away, or release it. I just limit them against killing it as it's immoral and tongue.gif life is precious, even if it's not real life and simply digital life. Haha.

I don't inbreed dragons, and if I pick up and inbred from the AP it either gets thrown back or frozen.

Otherwise I can't say I have too many morals when playing. Not naming dragons, freezing, biting, releasing it's all fair game as long as the egg is CB or from the AP.

Most of my morals come into play when interacting with other users.

Gifts or dragons caught in the departure threads are guaranteed to grow up and get named on my scroll. I will never give away a dragon I got for free from someone else. Also, if I breed an egg for someone else I make sure the parents get named before Teleporting the egg.

I'm an experimenter, so not much space for morals there tongue.gif

When someone gifts me an egg, that egg grows up on my scroll. Also, when it comes to breeding for AP, I breed only pretty lines (unless I have an accidental missbreed xd.png)

I already posted in this thread like... 4 years ago, and things have changed during all those years.

I do freeze hatchlings occasionally, but only if they have interesting and/or funny codes.

I still don't use Earthquake.

I usually bite messy and/or inbred eggs I catch from the AP, but sometimes I bite common CBs, too.

I might occasionally try to kill some messy-lineaged dragons I have. Or just release them if they dodge.

I abandon unwanted eggs because I don't want to keep them around, simple as that.

It's been a while since I've done any "mass-breeding", but I think it's fun to sometimes just go crazy and breed some random dragons all around my scroll. biggrin.gif

And while I never get any gifts from anyone (not that I care), I would never kill an egg or hatchling that was gifted to me.

I don't use earthquakes. Not because it is unethical. I simply see them impractical as the chance of killing an egg is high. Also, if I do not want an egg, I can simply abandon it rather let it die with an earthquake, or if I'm evil, I'll blatantly use the Kill action.

In regards to ethics, the Kill action makes me feel sad. However, I had to deal with that when I attempted to obtain a zombie. I'm glad I got one after two attempts during a Hallows' Eve.