elynne

DC Ethics & Morals

-I don't inbreed and I don't like it when other people inbreed, especially when they do it through carelessness rather than a deliberately planned inbred lineage. I know inbreeding is not that big of deal in real life but in this game sloppy careless inbreeding bugs me, for the same reason that "messy" lineages bug me. I consider it more of a challenge to breed a nice, orderly lineage, and sloppy inadvertent inbreeding strikes me as the ultimate form of lazy careless breeding. The way I think of it, refusing to allow any inbreds on your scroll and never inbreeding your own dragons is like playing the game on "hard mode" so to speak.

-I have no problems killing, earthquaking, biting, etc., whenever there is a reason for me to, although I don't kill without a purpose. I wouldn't risk killing something nice though.

-Once a week, I mass-breed every single purple dragon and white dragon on my scroll. I have some of my tinsels paired with purples and whites, and so my hope is that over time, if I am mass-breeding these dragons every week and they are successfully reaching adulthood on other people's scrolls, I might have more successful tinsel breedings from these pairs in the future. They don't usually block the AP for long. Purples and whites are well-likes breeds so my eggs tend to get picked up quickly.

-I don't breed any of my rares who don't have nice lineages. I don't want to take up a spot in the ratios for a messily lineaged gold when it could have gone to a CB gold.

-Earthquaking = nono

-Never kill outside of vampire bites, halloween zombie attempts [Except my very seldom personal reasons]

-Treat all inbreds as non-inbreds but don't expect to get breeded sad.gif

-Nothing shall go unnamed

-I don't offer IOU's to people >_<

Edited by EmoDuck598

Oh yeah, I also name everything. And I've never used Earthquake. There's always something nice I don't want to risk egg-wise on my scroll.

-Never breed inbreds, unless it's deliberate for a project.

-NEVER kill gifts. Even with refusals and failed influences. (Trades and AP grabs are fine)

-Pay back IOUs ASAP

-ALWAYS respond to PMs in a timely manner (1-2 days)

-No freezing. (I only have one frozen hachling and my tree, that's enough)

-No mass hoarding shinies. (Personal rule: I only want one of each metallic/tinsel for gifting to others)

- Always name.

- Never kill without a purpose.

- Never inbreed without a purpose.

- Release unwanted dragons, don't kill them.

- Never freeze CB rares.

- Never re-gift.

- Reply to all trade offers.

- Never EQ.

- never regift

- answer all trade offers

- name all dragons

- never release (what for?)

- never freeze BSA hatchlings (I AM actually going to do it in future but not now when I have not enough BSA dragons for my needs. I have 2 frozen Magis but that was before Teleport was implemented)

- don't inbreed eggs I throw into AP/gift. I do inbreeding only for my lineage projects.

- pay back IOUs ASAP

- never break lifemated pairs. I have a special spreadsheet where all lifemated pairs are noted.

seems it's all... but maybe I remember something more later smile.gif

Thought of some more :B

-Never regift or retrade.

-Answer all trade offers or any sort of PM.

-Never release dragons.

I'm not as strict with my DC rules as others seem to be.

I will kill, freeze, release, neglect, and abandon as it suits me.

I name when I'm inspired to do so.

My "morals" regarding DC are basically my morals in RL, and mostly relate to trading. Basically, "play nice, be honest and don't screw anyone over".

I don't inbreed, and I don't breed my metalics, except for my CB gold and my tinsel(s). I figure that by not breeding my metals, which are fairly long lined, I am helping to not overbreed rares. Yeah, by not breeding, I can't gift, but at the same time, I think it helps by helping other's breeding and the appearance of CB metals.

I never kill (besides Bite BSA), always name, try to avoid inbreeding.

But overall, it's just a game. There are no real morals in this, if I felt like it, I could easily use earthquake and experiment with things like it. tongue.gif

I never kill unless of an accidental Vampire or Neglected attempt, which I don't try often. I inbreed my dragons occasionally, but have mostly stopped. I freeze, release and abandon many unless they're cave blockers, in which case I will usually raise them into hatchlings and release them. :3

I love Earthquake. If I have an egg I want to keep very much, I won't, but otherwise I just love to.

And I name everything. Sometimes rename. But not often. :3

Edited by ab613

Morals . . . more like personal rules.

No inbreeding.

I share with my friends. We help each other hunt for the eggs we need and share progeny. We have several stairstep lines that we pass around. It's fun.

No gratuitous killing. I have tried to get vampires (no luck yet).

I play for fun, because the game feeds my INTJ sensibilities.

I just avoid killing dragons whenever possible. I wouldn't be against aiming for a Zombie, Neglected, or Vampire one day - I just mean random kills here. 8P Otherwise, I can't say I do anything special, moral or otherwise. I don't really care about inbreeding or lineages, I name everything simply because I like mashing keys... yeah. xd.png

Oh, and I send dragons to one of my friends if I think she'd like them, as she just recently started playing. xd.png Not like I can send her much more than uncommons (I'm not good at catching rares yet), but it's still kind of fun. -shrug-

I don't really apply any of my morals to any games I play, because they are... games.

But I still don't:

Inbreed: It just seems lazy and more often then not, inbred lineages are also long and messy. I like pretty lineages. So, if I see a pretty lineage with inbreeding, I might take it but again, that goes back to laziness. I like the challenge of having to find a mate for that dragon rather than just breeding it with it's sister.

Release: Mostly because I have no reason to. If there are dragons I have that are inbred that I won't breed, I'll still keep them because I like having lots of dragons. xd.png

Kill: Again, no reason to, unless I am making a Zombie. If I really want to get rid of a dragon on my scroll, I will release it.

Bite: I haven't bitten in a loooong time because I have all the Vamps I want and I don't like having dead eggs on my scroll because it looks icky. XP

Earthquake: Too much of a risk to kill an egg. 99% of the time I have eggs that I need or want for a specific lineage, rarity, or because I really like the sprite. I'm not going to risk killing it.

Name Everything: It's just too much work to think up names for well over 1,000 dragons. And I get new adults every day. I'm not that creative. tongue.gif

I do:

Freeze: I like having one of every sprite on my scroll. I don't freeze Reds though because I use Incubate more than anything. I freeze every Cheese I get because I absolutely adore them and I have a nice little army going on. xd.png

Breed and Abandon/Gift Rares: Everyone likes rares don't they? If I don't need it for anything special, I might as well abandon it for someone else who wants/needs it. It is awesome to make someone's day. smile.gif

Edited by tikigurl91

My scroll rules... they're a bit weird, but kinda not too complictaed.

I do:

Freeze - I like having different sprites, and It means I won't accidently inbreed.

Go even-gen - Like in nearly all cases. It's just so much prettier, and organised. Shows a lack of laziness too.

Lifemate pairs - BUT Only some pairs. It's like a story in my head, some are lifemated, some were lifemated and are'nt anymore. Some were lifemated and are now lifemated to different other dragons. They're my draggons, so I can pair them how I like.

Name everything - Unless it's code is so amazing that it's basically a name in itself.

Breed when locked - Because people might like what I drop. It's got a pretty lineage, so I expect someone will want them. smile.gif

Pay back IOU's - Although I admit it sometimes takes me ages, it is always up there on my priorities list.

I used to (But don't anymore):

Breed messy dragons - Because the AP Doesn't need more messy things. I used to not notice lineages though. And rares are an exception.

Describe everything - I would love to still do this, but I'm not creative enough. It's kinda a long-term goal though.

I don't:

Earthquake - Never tried it, probably never will. Cost too great.

Intentionally inbreed - I just don't see the point. :/

Kill without a reason - I'd kill to make a lineage pseudo-even-gen because that's more organised and pretty than keeping it messy. Or to make a zombie. That's it.

Hoard - I don't have enough pretty's to consider hoarding, but once I establish enough to breed regularly then I intend to do that rather than hoarding.

Release - I've never needed to because if a dragon annoys me, I just ignore it. Not kill or release.

Regift - Why ask for a gift if you're going to pass it on? And if someone's kind enough to offer you something you don't like, It'd be kinder to say so than pass it on.

My code is:

- Take what I need, and give away what I don't, either in the AP or by Glomp Gifting.

- Help others who are new, even though I have only a few month's experiance myself, and take tips from those older than me.

- Name and Describe all of my dragons, because they ARE individuals and deserve nothing less.

- Help approve other people's descriptions because it's only fair since they helped approve mine.

- Never inbreed not reason to and it's cruel in real life so why do it here

- Never hoard unless I use those dragons to breed and give to others

Edited by KrystalSharz

Pretty much a no on morals really--they're just pixels.

I kill for zombies and bit for vamps until I got enough.

I have an evengen project that's dependent on inbreeding.

Pretty much my only moral is that I don't toss anything to the AP that I wouldn't want to keep if I had fewer projects.

I decided that biting past 10 dead eggshells was okay if it was for an IOU, but nothing beyond that.

Plus, ND experiments do not have to be cancelled due to having 10+ eggshells, as long as there were less than 10 when you caught the eggs.

I mean breeding every dragon I can possibly breed on my scroll in the effort of flooding the AP with more eggs. Is this considered wrong?

This is a matter of opinion - yes and no. No since it is an individuals right to breed what they want when they want. Yes - depends on how many dragons and what they are...it could clog up the AP for a good long time and some may not be appreciated by general population or used as experiment/vampire fodder.

I think it's all up to you. smile.gif

As long as you're alright with users who pick up your dragons doing things like biting or neglecting them.