BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge 2011

is it too late to join? I also have a question about the manga...ya read a certain number of vols to reach the 500 pages right? And how would ya do a summary on them?
I would just summerize what happens between them. if your reading, say, vol 1 and 2 of a series summerize what happened over the course of both. If its 2 (or more) unrelated volumes then maybe just a sentence or two on each. smile.gif

I would just summerize what happens between them.  if your reading, say, vol 1 and 2 of a series summerize what happened over the course of both.  If its 2 (or more) unrelated volumes then maybe just a sentence or two on each.  smile.gif

oh okay...so how do i join? >.<

Edited by DragonNeko

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 520

Book Title: Proven Guilty (re-read)

Author: Jim Butcher

Summary: While trying to avert the attacks of supernatural beings feeding on fear, Harry gets tangled up in some business involving illegal magic, faeries, and the family of one of his friends.

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 565

Book Title: Vampire Knight (vols. 1-3

Author: Matsuri Hino

Summary: Yuki and Zero protect the secret of the night class which consists of vampires. Yuki finds out Zero was attacked by a pureblooded vampire and turned him. She offers him her blood so he won't fall to a Level E vampire. A new student joins the night class.

Number Of Pages: 199

Book Title: The Vampire Diaries, The Struggle (the second book from the series)

Author: L. J. Smith

Summary: In book one, the main heroine Elena falls in love with Stefan, who happens to be a vampire. In book two Stefan and his brother Damon, who is also a vampire, fight over Elena's love.

Rating: 5/5

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 199

Book Title: The Vampire Diaries, The Fury (third book from the series)

Author: L. J. Smith

Summary: Elena is still trying to decide which brother to choose, while the long-lost love of the brothers is trying to kill her.

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 434

Book Title: The 13th Reality: The Blade of Shattered Hope

Author: James Dashner

Summary: The last time Tick saw Mistress Jane, she looked doomed. But she's back with a new plot for destruction and mayhem: she plans to destroy an entire reality, and the consequences of such an act are worse than anyone could have anticipated.

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 192

Book Title: Visser

Author: K A Applegate

Summary: This spinoff of the main Animorphs series details the trial of Visser One, leader of the Yeerk invasion of Earth, for treason. She's guilty, of course, but that doesn't stop her from doing everything she can to avoid a death sentence.

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 129

Book Title: Animorphs #37: The Weakness

Summary: When Jake goes out of town, the Animorphs are left without a leader and Rachel steps up to take his place. She leads the Animorphs on a smear campaign against Visser Three in an attempt to get him removed from the Earth invasion, but a new player in Yeerk politics might just be able to finish the job Visser Three has never been able to do...destroying the Animorphs.

Book Number: 16

Number Of Pages: 148

Book Title: Animorphs #38: The Arrival

Summary: When a small group of Andalites arrives on Earth, Ax joins them on their mission to assassinate Visser Three. But little does he know that their true mission may endanger the very race he has been fighting to save with the Animorphs--the human race.

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 121

Book Title: Animorphs #39: Hidden

Summary: The Yeerks have managed to get a morph detector up and running, which is seriously bad news for the Animorphs. They lead the Yeerks on a wild chase, simultaneously playing keep-away with the morphing cube and trying to destroy the morphing sensor. But when an animal accidentally gains the ability to morph, it makes survival nearly impossible.

Le_Dragon: good choice of books! If you like The Vampire Diaries, you should try some of L J Smith's other stuff. (I've fallen in love with the Night World series, and The Secret Circle trilogy was good too.)

Number Of Pages: 321

Book Title: Dead to the World

Author: Charlaine Harris

Summary: Bill is in Peru leaving Sookie in Bon Temps, but things once again go bad when a dangerous witch coven appears in Shreveport, Eric loses his memory and Jason goes missing. Are all these things related and will Sookie find her brother?

Number Of Pages: 464

Book Title: Land of the Burning Sands

Author: Rachel Neumeier

Summary: Escaped slave Gereint flees the desert that has destroyed his home and allowed him his freedom. He makes new friends and enemies along the way.

Review: I love this series! The first book was so gripping, and I didn't expect to like this one as much because it has completely different characters (with some overlap), but Gereint and Tehre were just as interesting as Kes -- perhaps even more so, because their problems were human, and Kes' were anything but. And Tehre was adorable, in that way that geniuses tend to be, so caught up in her head that she forgets everything, and I loved how Geeint was able to keep up with her.

Book Number:2

Number Of Pages:350

Book Title:Tales from the Perilous Realm

Author:J. R. R. Tolkien

Summary:A collection of five of Tolkien's short stories ("Roverandom", "Farmer Giles of Ham", "The Adventures of Tom Bobmadil", "Smith of Wootton Major" and "Leaf by Niggle") plus his essay "On Fairy-Stories". The first one's about a puppy that got transformed into a toy by a wizard and his adventures while trying to get his normal looks back. The Farmer is about a farmer who, mainly because of his boasting, is sent to kill a dragon terrorizing the realm. The adventures of T.B. are actually a collection of poems, written at different times during the Third Age and presumably found in the Red Book (the LOTR fans will know what I'm talking about wink.gif ). The smith of W.M. is a story of a boy, later the smith, who finds a little gold star that allows him passage into the Fairy realm, and the events that happen when it's time for him to give up the star to his successor. And the Leaf's about a painter who could draw real-life leaves and who never had enough time to finish the painting of his life because he had to go on a journey.

Edited by mackie0501

I would like to join... even though this will be hard to do.

Question: Can we combine manga to make it one book? Such as, if I read five 100 page manga volumes, then I can count it as 1 book?

book number 2

number of pages 244

book title Sickened - a true story

Author Julie Gregory

Summary A girl grows up in an abusive family, where she spends a lot of time in hospitals due to her mom's munchausen by proxy - (parent's who hurt or cause their children to be ill. Make up medical problems with them) As she gets away from her family she realizes the truth and starts to heal.

book number 3

number of pages 117

book title The Northwest Migration - origin and stories of the William Clemons Family (1819 -1899)

authors - descendants of the William Clemons family contributed.

Summary History, descendants and often personal stories of and from people who are part of the William Clemons family. Some of it is just list of who the person married, children and deaths. Other parts are actually stories/ rememberances. Includes my great grandmother Anna Belle Clemons.

Number Of Pages: 419

Book Title: Deep Storm

Author: Lincoln Child

Summary: Expert naval doctor Peter Crane is called to a top-secret research facility at the bottom of the ocean to investigate an increasingly horrifying series of maladies that is systematically unraveling every ounce of confidentiality that the operations director had hoped to keep.

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 454

Book Title: White Night (re-read)

Summary: Someone is killing women with magical talent, and while trying to stop this Harry gets tangled in the business of the white court vampires.

Number Of Pages: 541

Book Title: City of Glass

Author: Cassandra Clare

Summary: Clary goes to the Shadowhunter city, Alicante, to find a warlock who'll help her save her mother. While there, her and Jace find out more about their past. Clary also needs to find a way to get Shadowhunters and Downworlders to work together or they'll all be destroyed.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 394

Book Title: Reckless

Author: Cornelia Funke

Summary: Jacob Reckless goes into another world into which his brother follows one time and get "sick". Jacob must find a cure. He does but at a price.

I would like to join... even though this will be hard to do.

Question: Can we combine manga to make it one book? Such as, if I read five 100 page manga volumes, then I can count it as 1 book?

As I've already stated while logged in to book challenge. Yes that is exactly how you do it!.

Book Number: ONE

Number Of Pages: 393

Book Title:Dark lover

Author: J.R Ward

Summary: Unofficial King Wrath who has not yet ascended the throne of his kind, has lost his best friend to murder. In his sorrow and loss he carries out his friends last request. However he did not expect to end up marrying his best friends daughter.

Rating: 10/5

Review: --

Book Number: TWO

Number Of Pages: 527

Book Title: Lover awakened

Author: J.R Ward

Summary: The story continues Mary and her best friend Bella find an orphaned Warrior child, who had been abused when younger Now at the age of 22 this young child knows ASL (American sign language). While one of Wraths brother and his shellan take in young John, Mary Johns translator finds herself with cancer once again. She falls in to shock as she realized this time she can not recover from this disease, shortly after this news she finds out her best friend has been taken out from underneath the brotherhoods noses. Z the most terrifying of the brothers sets out to get bella back with out even thinking about why he's doing it.

Rating: 20/5

Book Number: Three

Number Of Pages: 453

Book Title: J. R ward

Author: Lover Eternal

Summary: Brother Rhage takes a likeing to Johns translator Mary. Their relationship advances as Mary teaches the brothers ASL and fights her battle agenst cancer.

Rating: 15/5

Number Of Pages: 197

Book Title: Motorworld

Author: Jeremy Clarkson

Summary: Clarkson (whom you might know from the TV show Top Gear) writes several stories that happend while touring the world for making Motorworld. He gives interesting insight on the various countries, cars, motorsport and their drivers. And yes, there's a reason why there is a cow on the front (as well as Clarkson) - but you'll have to read the bit about India to find out more.

Book Number: 2 (Re-Read)

Number Of Pages: 115

Book Title: How to censorkip.gif in the Woods (Wie man in den Wald sch...)

Author: Kathleen Meyer

Summary: When you hear the call of nature it would be nice to not hurt yourself, the environment and the enjoyment of nature. This hand litte outdoor guide has tons of tips and tricks to doing one's business outside the normal facilities. It also has a lot of amusing stories of various situations concerning the emptying of bladder and bowels.... in German.

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title: 3rd Degree

Author: James Patterson

Summary: A peaceful Sunday afternoon walk with her dog is interrupted, when a townhouse explodes just yards away from Lindsay. She is pulled into an investigation of an environmental terrorist group who is killing someone every three days. The Women's Murder Club must rally together when the case takes a devastating turn. Pushed on by the thought of avenging a fallen friend, the club chases the terrorists to the very top man.

As I've already stated while logged in to book challenge. Yes that is exactly how you do it!.

Alright, thank you! smile.gif

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 437

Book Title: Small Favour (re-read)

Summary: Queen Mab turns out to collect a debt from Harry, while he is trying to escape from minions of summer - this brings him into contact with the Fallen once again.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 566

Book Title: Vampire Knight vols. 4-6

Author: Matsuri Hino

Summary: Cross Academy throws a ball and the vampire that turned Zero shows up. Shizuka is killed and the vampire Senate goes after Zero for the murder of a pureblood vampire. The Night Class goes to Aido's mansion for the Holidays. Shiki learns about his family's dark secret.