BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge 2011

Now this is a challenge I can get behind. I'd like to sign up, too, please. :D

And I've just started re-reading Side Jobs too, should help me get started. Wooo, books!

This might be interesting! I'll see how far I will get, depends a bit on how busy I am.

And the one I am reading right now does allready count, right?

Well, sign me up please biggrin.gif

I would like to sign up for this. For clairification, re-reads do mean any book we've read before, or if we read one for the challenge a second time? or both even?

Don't forget me! I'm so in and my goal is all 250 books!

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 379

Book Title: The Widows of Wichita County

Author: Jodi Thomas

Summery: Several men working on an oil rig got burned and died. All but one and he was burned beyond all recognition. All five men were married and it was a pretty strange story. I wasn't all that pleased with it.

Edited by Shalarean

YAY! I've wanted to join this since I saw it in April but I thought there wasn't much point in joining at that point considering I had exams and all.

But yeah! I wanna join this year! happy.gif

Spelled summary wrong, but I'll join this in a moment. I must do something first, but I just finished like three books so I think I'll be good.

Number Of Pages: 408

Book Title: Death Masks (re-read)

Author: Jim Butcher

Summary: The wizard Harry Dresden is cronfronted with a great range of new opponents, when several parties are trying to get hold of the stolen "Shroud of Turin"

And I still request my name to be spelled correctly at the list - "Nimrodel", not "ninrodel"

Book Number:1

Number Of Pages:159

Book Title:Bambi

Author:Felix Salten

Summary:The tale of a young deer as he learns the way of the woods.

Rating:5/5

Number Of Pages: Read it on my Kindle, but the print version has around 300.

Book Title: Facebook Fairytales

Author: Emily Liebert

Summary: Modern day miracles to inspire the human spirit, and how Facebook changed the world. Yes extraordinarily cheesy, but it reminded me of the Chicken Soup books.

-pulls head out of book-

I'd like to join smile.gif

I'm finishing one shortly and will post the form then. smile.gif

Number Of Pages: 332

Book Title: Throne of Jade

Author: Naomi Novik

Summery: The dragon Temeraire and William Laurence are inseparable since the dragon chose William as companion. But Temeraire was supposed to be a Chinese gift to Napoleon, and now they want the dragon back. They travel to China and try to survive a dangerous journey on a ship and several assassinations.

Number Of Pages: 324

Book Title: River Marked

Author: Patricia Briggs

Summery: Near the spot Mercy and Adam are honeymooning is a river in which something huge with the taste for humans lurks. Mercy is the only one it can't enthrall, she uses this and the aid from some unexpected allies to help destroy it.

Rating: 10/10

Review: (optional)

Hey I'd like to join, I love reading wink.gif

Number Of Pages: 400

Book Title: Ice Tomb

Author: Deborah Jackson

Summery: A volcanic scientist is passed up for a trip to the moon, but little does she know the moon has other plans...

Rating: 10/10

Review: Read it, seriously. It's soooo awesome

Edited by pippaesq

I'd like to join. Need to hit the bookstore anyway.

Book Number: 1 (reread)

Number Of Pages: 418

Book Title: Side Jobs: Stories from The Dresden Files

Summary: A collection of all the short stories published in various anthologies, each one set in the universe of The Dresden Files.

Rating: 5/5

Review: It's a lovely book, so many short stories set in between the main novels of The Dresden Files. It tells you exactly where they're set, time-wise, and the stories are long enough to enjoy but short enough that you can read the book in bits and pieces. Not necessary to read The Dresden Files to enjoy Side Jobs, but there are MAJOR spoilers.

Edited by Foxpaw

Sign me up please! smile.gif

Number Of Pages: 440

Book Title: I am Number Four

Author: Pittacus Lore

Summary: A group of aliens has come to Earth after their planet, Lorien, was destroyed. They have special powers and can only be killed in order. The aliens that destroyed their planet are on Earth hunting them down. The main character is next on the line to be killed.

Rating: 4/5

Review: It was a pretty good book. There was a lot of action and suspense that kept it interesting. My only problem was that the main character had far to many near death experiences which he rebounded from.

Number Of Pages: 372

Book Title: Storm Front

Summary: Harry Dresden, Chicago's resident wizard and private eye detective, gets a call one afternoon from a woman in distress. Only moments later, his longtime friend, policewoman Karrin Murphy, asks him to sort out a double murder that could only have been done by magic. Little does Harry know what kind of trouble he's getting into.

Number Of Pages: 454

Book Title: Nightshade

Author: Andrea Cremer

Summary: In which Calla's life is turned upside down by a boy self nicknamed Shay. Her life's mate Ren was ordered to her before her birth and the same with her ancestors. She and her fiance and creatures called guardians and can phase from wolf to human and are engaged to create the newest pack, Haldis under the eye of Logan Bane. This is a great story if you like the idea of wolves that can turn human and an unknown mysterious opposing force that might not even be the bad guy. ^^;

Number Of Pages: 341

Book Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (re-read)

Author: J.K. Rowling

Summary: Harry Potter returns to the magical school of Hogwarts for his second year. But things are seeming to be taking a turn for the worst. Their defense against the dark arts teacher is about as conceited as they could come, a lunatic house elf is trying to save him while injuring him, and most of the school thinks he has set loose an evil monster which petrifies people. Ron, Hermione, and Harry must uncover the mystery, before someone else is petrified, or even worse, killed.

Review: I enjoyed this book and found some new things which I hadn't seen last time. This book is full of humor, suspense, and action. Any young reader will enjoy it.

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 435

Book Title: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban (re-read)

Author: J.K. Rowling

Summary: Just having blown up his aunt, Harry Potter escapes from Privet Drive a few weeks early. In the duration of this time he learns that a mad man known as Sirius Black is out to kill him. He finds out that special security measures have now been placed on the school because of this. With the help of Ron and Hermione, he finds out the mystery behind Sirius Black and earns a couple of new friends in the process.

Review: Once again, I fell in love with this book and all of its craziness. A lot of humor and suspense was incorporated into the book also. I absolutely ADORE it. wub.gif

Number Of Pages: 288

Book Title: Mr. Monk on the Couch

Author: Lee Goldberg

Summary: Obsessive compulsive detective Adrian Monk is investigating a series of three seemingly unconnected murders, and the only piece of evidence he has is a couch. He is also confronted with the fact that his agoraphobic brother now has a girlfriend, and he isn't sure how to deal with it. Meanwhile his assistant Natalie is solving her own mystery in an attempt to "find" herself.

Book Number:2

Number Of Pages:354

Book Title:Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have)

Author: Sarah Mlynowski

Summery: This book is about a girl who lies to her father so she can move in with her friend. After that her life starts to become complicated with family and boyfriend troubles, new responsibilities, etc.

Book Number: 2 (re-read)

Number Of Pages: 342

Book Title: Silver Borne

Author: Patricia Briggs

Summery: This one is mainly about the vampire seethe but Mercy is having enough trouble with Adam and his pack without them already.

Number Of Pages: 213

Book Title: The Return of Rafe MacKade

Author: Nora Roberts

Summary: Rafe comes home to open an inn (in a haunted house) and meets an antique dealer named Regan in his home town. He has 3 brother (obviously).

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 208

Book Title: The Pride of Jared MacKade

Summary: Jared is a lawyer who falls for a single mom (Savannah) who has worked her way east. She's an artist who's just a bit psychic.

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 217

Book Title: The Heart of Devin MacKade

Summary: Devin is a sheriff who has loved Cassie for 12 years, she's recently divorced with two kids and was abused by her husband. Devin fights for, and eventually marries Cassie.

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 222

Book Title: The Fall of Shane MacKade

Summary: Shane is the final brother, the youngest, and falls in love with Regan's best friend Rebecca when she comes to the MacKade farm to research the paranormal happenings there.

I like the series. I give them 5/5, together. My favorite of the four stories is Devin and Cassie...it made me cry happy tears at the end.