BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge 2011

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 545

Book Title: Kingdom Keepers III: Disney in the Shadow

Author: Ridley Pearson

Summary: The Overtakers have kidnapped Wayne. The five kingdom keepers (Finn, Philby, Maybeck, Willa, and Charlene) and their two Fairlie(as in fairly human) friends have to rescue him. *refuses to give away spoilers* tongue.gif

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 242

Book Title: Fantasy Lover (Dark Hunter #1)

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Summary: For 2,000 years, Julian of Macedon has lived a curse of being a love-slave. When he is summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's fantasies, Grace is the first woman to see him as a man with a tormented past. Taking him out into the world, instead of keeping him locked up, Grace teaches Julian to love again. But can that alone break the 2,000-year-old curse he is under?

Rating: 5/5

Review: Interesting take on Greek mythology wink.gif

And the tally goes up smile.gif

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 374

Book Title: The Hunger Games (Hunger Games #1)

Author: Suzanne Collins

Summary: The country of Panem takes place in the futuristic time, which is separated by only twelve districts with no allowance to communicate with each other. Katniss Everdeen lives in district twelve a.k.a. the coal mining district. Where she has to sacrifice her life everyday and help raise her family. She is then faced with the sacrifice of taking her sister's place in the "Hunger Games". Every tribute has to fight until death in an arena that's filled with treacherous things of the unknown and tributes who want each other's blood. Katniss Everdeen faces the love of a boy, Peeta Mellark, the boy tribute from her own district. Will she fall in love and give her life away for him or will all be forgotten when the games begins.

Review: Really liked this one, quite riveting. It's one of those "can't put down even if it's 3 in the morning" type of books.

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 544

Book Title: Los muertos vivientes 5 - 8 (The Walking Dead)

Author: Robert Kirkman

Summary: After finding his family, Rick keeps trying to survive. Some new people join the group, while others leave or die. But they still don't know what happened or if there is a cure.

Book Number: 39

Number Of Pages: 454

Book Title: Blessed

Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith

Summary: Quincie P Morris, neophyte vampire, has a problem: before the month is out a large numbers of customers at her restaurant will be turned into an undead army and enslaved by none other than Dracula himself. She'll have to enlist the help of her guardian angel, another new vampire, and several werepeople if she wants to prevent the rise of history's most feared and fabled vampire.

Meant to do this last year as a way to track how much I read in a year, but things got in the way. Can I sign up for this year? I've already got a book that I just finished today.

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 386

Book Title: Forever

Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Summary: The final book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, Sam has to find a way to both keep Grace and save the Boundry Woods pack

Edited by Dream_Thief

Nobody responded when I asked about manga, so I'm going to do what I think is right until someone corrects me.

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 734

Book Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (reread)

Author: J.K. Rowling

Summary: Hogwarts decides to have the Triwizard Tournament, calling two other wizarding schools to come and compete. Harry, of course, somehow gets into the tournament despite being ineligible, and general tomfoolery follows.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 870

Book Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (reread)

Author: J.K. Rowling

Summary: The Ministry of Magic refused to believe Voldemort has returned and instead tries to restrict Dumbledore's control over Hogwarts. Meanwhile Dumbledore reinstates the Order of the Phoenix, a Voldemort resistance group. After a Ministry employee becomes the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, Harry and co. start a club to teach themselves. Tomfoolery follows.

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 430

Book Title: Native Son

Author: Richard Wright

Summary: A black man in segregated Chicago, Bigger secludes himself from everyone. He gets a job through relief and accidentally kills his white employer's daughter, though he tells himself it was no accident. He then tries to blackmail her father for ransom, making it look like his daughter was kidnapped.

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: ~500

Book Title: Cage of Eden (manga)

Author:Yoshinobu Yamada

Summary: Akira Sengoku and his class had just finished their school trip vacation at Guam and are on their way back home to Japan when their plane hits a freak turbulence and crashes. They land on a mysterious island that is inhabited by extinct animals, and they must survive on their own among them and the other passengers.

Book Number: 6

Book Number: 7

Book Number: 8

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 221

Book Title: Secret Keeper

Author: Mitali Perkins

Summary: After Asha's father loses his job and leaves India for America to look for work, she and her mother and sister go to live with their family in another city. Being the youngest girl and a guest in her uncle's house, Asha must abide by tradition. Time passes, with no word of work from her father, and tension builds.

Edited by AAurion

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 433

Book Title: Kingdom Keepers IV: Power Play

Author: Ridley Pearson

Summary: With Malficent and the head Overtaker captured *refuses to say name of the dude* the kids have not had to much to worry about. But of course nothing stays quiet for long. rolleyes.gif Basically in this one they have to try to stop the others from breaking Malficent and *mumbles other name under breath* out of "jail". Spoiler? -> They fail to thwart the OTs and so we are kept waiting for the next and (maybe) final book. tongue.gif

Book Number: 18

Number Of Words: 29,317

Book Title: Crimson Dance

Author: me.heart.fitzy

Summary: This story is about Miranda, called Andy, who was dumped two years ago. Though she is now living with her roommate Paige, she still hasn’t managed to move one. Paige’s new vampire boyfriend changes that when his friend is drawn to Andy.

Rating: 3.5/5

Review: This story is pretty well done, but didn’t hold my interest throughout it. Some of it is inappropriate for minors.

Book Number: 19

Number Of Words: 72,682

Book Title: Shattered

Author: gin flower

Summary: Madeline Stam, now known as Stacey Marshland, has been in hiding for years. An overprotective boyfriend beat someone to death for kissing her and went to jail for it. Now he’s out, and his instincts have him chasing after her again. His wolf will not let her go and instead forces her to change for him.

Rating: 4/5

Review: This story is a bit violent, but well written. It is inappropriate for minors.

Number Of Words: 113,297

Book Title: With The Music

Author: lostnfound007

Summary: Quinn Rafferty is a young reporter for Rock World magazine and is given the chance to do a cover story for the band Personalized Defeat as they go on a tour. Contrary to the band’s expectations of an old man who disapproves of their music, Quinn is a pretty fan who manages to ask her questions without being invasive. Difficulties arise in the form of being crammed into a tour bus with the four male band members, one of which, Rider Sloane, finds her extremely attractive.

Rating: 4.5/5

Review: This story is very good, but it does not have enough of a hook for me to want to read it through again. It is inappropriate for minors.

Number Of Words: 25,202

Book Title: Nightsong

Author: FreeSpiritSeeker

Summary: Asya, a seemingly normal girl, is waiting for her friend in a car when lightning strikes. Upon awakening, she realizes she is in a new world, one with fairies and dragons. Prince Charming shows up asking for her help, but shortly after the dark wizard Nightsong, also known as Lord Brecken, appears and kidnaps her.

Review: I really like this story even though its chapters are usually short. It’s pretty cute despite the fact that some of it is inappropriate for minors.

Book Number: 22

Number Of Words: 34,920

Book Title: The Nameless

Author: FreeSpiritSeeker

Summary: The Chronicler is an unnamed female being that does as her hereditary title suggests and records the history of the vampires. When she is in danger, her minder Lorian must protect her. She remembers her true name of Annalyse Tiziana de Maison Locke with the help of Lady Bastet and her recently recovered little brother.

Rating: 4/5

Review: This story is good, but not great enough to draw me back in for a re-read. Some of it is inappropriate for minors.

Book Number: 23

Number Of Words: 93,294

Book Title: Gravity

Author: CarrieWeeks

Summary: Sheyla Tierney has a hidden power that she controls by being striving to avoid all feeling. The only things that have been strong enough to break through are guilt for killing her mother, effectively leaving her in an unresponsive coma after the birth, and fear of causing another firestorm. Her fire attracts others like her in the Solathairs Tally (earth), Declan (air), and Ryan (water). Though determined to end her own existence with the help of the Sumairs before she blows up the continent, Derry and his siblings give her and her friends hope that she will stay human.

Review: I absolutely love this story despite it being a bit depressing in the beginning. I enjoy re-reading parts of it and can’t wait for the promised sequel(s).

Book Number: 24

Number Of Words: 90,365

Book Title: Spring's Shower

Summary: Killeen Adare is Spring, but her ability to communicate with plants and animals has been hampered by her refusing to believe in it. An attack on her assistant Flynn causes Murphy, Flynn’s brother and Water, to show up and take them both back to Ireland for Flynn to heal. Four Corners is very welcoming as Killeen’s gift awakens again and she stops fighting her own power.

Review: This is a wonderful story and it has both suspense and romance. I couldn’t wait to get to the ending, but was too caught up in the current action to skip ahead. Murphy and Killeen’s interactions are amusing while Flynn’s interactions with her old flame are sweet.

Book Number: 25

Number Of Words: 84,927

Book Title: Summer's Breeze

Summary: Aine Grian is Summer, and her old childhood playmate Shane Sorley is Air. An abusive husband’s imminent release from jail spurs Aine to go to Ireland to spend some time with her old nanny, Caitlyn Sorley. Aine begins to discover herself and learns how to use her healing powers without blacking out every time. Aine’s deafness presents something of a challenge to forming a relationship with singer Shane, but preparations for the upcoming wedding help bring them together.

Review: This is a wonderful story and it has both suspense and romance. I couldn’t wait to get to the ending, but was too caught up in the current action to skip ahead. Aine’s journey of self-discovery is riveting to me.

Edited by clara954

Book Number - 24

Book - Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Romulan Stratagem

Pages - 273

Author - Robert Greenberger

Review - As with most of the latter books this one keeps much more in-character. An enjoyable read.

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 317

Book Title: Fire and Ice

Author: Erin Hunter

Summary: Fireheart sets out with Graystripe to find WindClan and bring them back home. Former ShadowClan cats turn rouge and attack ThunderClan while the warriors are away.

Warning! Romance Novels!

Do not read unless you are of legal age in your area!

re-read

Number Of Pages: 408

Book Title: Untamed

Author: Elizabeth Lowell

Summary: Dominic le Saber returns from the Crusades to claim his promised bride, Margaret of Blackthorn. But an ancent curse upone the Blackthorn women and plots of intrigue threaten the uneasy peace.

Review: An ok book as far as romance novels go. I liked the speech Dominic makes though.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Number Of Pages: 393

Book Title: Forbidden

Summary: He came to her without his memory setting into motion a prophecy. Though it could mean war, Amber, called the Untouched, cannot help but be drawn to him. But when he remembers his past, will it mean more pain for her, or will she get her happy ending.

Review: sequel to the above. Again, not bad as far as a romance novel goes as long as you don’t nit-pick historical facts of the time period.

Rating:4 out of 5

re-read

Number Of Pages: 392

Book Title: Enchanted

Summary: To prevent a war Simon the Loyal must marry a woman who’s soul was all but killed by a betrayal long ago. They must convince everyone that it is a match of love, or all will be lost. But can Ariane quell her distrust for all things male to make this plan work?

Review: the last of this series of novels by Lowell (though I had hoped there would be a 4th telling Eric’s story). An ok read, but I feel the need to mention that this book does have mentions of rape having happened to a main character, please keep in mind before picking up a copy if this disturbed you.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 464

Book Title: the sight

Author: David Clement-Davies

Summary:story of transvania wolves told from the wolves point of view. ITs about a white wolf with the power of the sight and their trip to stop the evil wolf Morgra from enslaving all that is in nature.

Review:

Number Of Pages: 362

Book Title: The Door Within: The Rise of the Wyrm Lord

Author: Wayne Thomas Batson

Summary: Aidan finds Gwenne's Glimpse. Since he can not go back he asks her to find his friends Bobby's glimpse and try to save him. Sure enough she gets called to the Mirror Realm by King Eliam and passes the test the Sentinel has set up for her. Now the Knights of Alleble must try to stop the evil plans of Paragor. The Wyrm Lord and his Seven Sleeper rise and now the Realm is in even more trouble.

Rating: 5 out of 5

I guess I'll join this? I'm currently in the middle of re-reading Chamber of Secrets

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 637

Book Title: Eona

Author: Alison Goodman

Summary: Eona struggles to control her powers has ten bereft dragons attack her whenever she tries to join with her dragon. Her feelings for Kygo grow, but when he's dying she has to chose between saving the man she loves, or saving the dragons and healing the land.

Review I loved this book! Kept me hooked the whole way through. I would've finished it in one day if people didn't interupt me dry.gif

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 45,000 words

Book Title: Thirst (Ava Delaney #1)

Author: Claire Farrell

Summary: Ava is a half vampire. She tries to control herself but this has developed into OCD. One night she accidentally enthralls a man she's rescuing but has no idea how to "un-enthrall" him, so she must seek help.

Rating: 9/10

Book Number: 16

Number Of Pages: 57,000 words

Book Title: Taunt (Ava Delaney #2)

Author: Claire Farrell

Summary: After the last book Ava has made some enemies who have reported her to the council. She has to go on trial but has other things to worry about as well.

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: Kindle

Book Title: Her Dark Angel

Author: Felicity Heaton

Summary: Apollyon has been "trapped" working in hell for centuries, so when his master calls he has no second thoughts about leaving. But it turns out it wasn't his master calling, it was the woman he'd been watching and she is now his master.

Rating: 5/10

Review: eh, its okay. Not really much too it though

Book Number: 18

Number Of Pages: 325 pages

Book Title: Love's Magic

Author: Traci E. Hall

Summary: Celestia looks very little like her family, but holds the families healing gift. One day a group of the Barron's men bring a man to their home and tell them that Celestia must marry him. Nicholas is the barrons son with a deeply tortured soul and dark history. If Celestia wants too keep her powers she must convince him to love her.

Book Number: 19

Book Title: Black Moon

Author: C.L. Bevill

Summary: Donovan the werejaguar is watching the werewolf clans home base when he sees a woman breaking out. She has stolen something of great dark power and the wolves want it back. Donovan rescues her, but in order to do so he has to turn her.

Rating: 4/10

Review: Kinda sweet but more effort could have been put into it.

Number Of Pages: 23,000 words

Book Title: Amber moon

Summary: Part 2 of the series and this one focuses on Mirie has been sent to watch the elvish prince because he's said to have the Eyes of the Amber Moon. Instead the elves tell her some things about her past that come back to haunt her.

Book Title: Silver Moon

Summary: The final part of the series is about Jack who must find the final piece of the moon relic and destroy it, but its proving rather difficult to track down.

Book Title: Soul Mate

Author: Richard Crawford

Summary: Ever since Tommy's friend died in an "accident" every couple of nights he is drawn back to the old house where it happened by the ghosts and possessed by them and use his body to carry out their unfinished business.

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 314

Book Title: Saras nøkkel

Author: Tatiana De Rosnay

Summary: Julia Jarmond is asked to write about Vel d'Hiv for work. When researching, she stumbles accros the story of a jewish girl who lived in the appartment Julia now calls home during the war. Eventually, Julia's search for information about little Sara begins to interfere with her personal life.

Book Number - 25

Book - Star Trek - The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh (Volume 1)

Pages - 320

Author - Greg Cox

Review - Frankly brilliant, incorporating an important part of Trek lore - the Eugenics War that was supposed to ravage the world in the 1990's - with the real events of the 20th century.

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 150 (online version, in the printed one it has far more)

Book Title: Harry Potter and the Prince Half-Blood (reread)

Author: Joanne Rowling

Summary: Harry Potter is having his 6th year at Hogwarts. Along with studying he is being given some special lessons by professor Dumbledore, lessons that reveal Voldemort's secrets.

Rating: 10/10

Review: one of my most favourite books in Harry Potter series biggrin.gif so exciting!

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title: Crooked House (reread)

Author: Agatha Christie

Summary: The main hero, Charles Hayward, is asked by his gilfriend Sophia to help to find the truth about Sophia's grandfather's suspicious death. Sophia suspects that this was a murder and soon the police confirms it. Charles meets Sophia's family, which is a very strange one and finds out that everyone had motives to kill the grandfather...

Rating: 10/10

Review: a thrilling detective. the ending is very unexpected.

wow, writing summary is hard for a non-English speaker xd.png

Edit: forgot to mark them as reread

Edited by ksew

Number Of Pages: 333

Book Title: The Door Within: The Final Storm

Author: Wayne Thomas Batson

Summary: Paragor launches his final attack on Alleble. The three witnesses have to be found. Once they are revealed they have a choice to make.

Rating: 6 out of 5

I LOVE THIS TRILOGY!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Book Number: 40

Number Of Pages: 484

Book Title: Halo

Author: Alexandra Adornetto

Summary: One of three angels sent to Earth to combat the forces of darkness in the small town of Venus Cove, Bethany must learn to live in a human world.

Book Number: 41

Number Of Pages: 416

Book Title: The Power of Six

Author: Pittacus Lore

Summary: Only six members of the Lorien Garde remain alive, the other three killed by Mogadorians, and the charm protecting them from death except in order of their numbers has been broken. Numbers Four and Six must unite with the other living survivors of their race if they want to survive.

Book Number: 42

Number Of Pages: 246

Book Title: All Just Glass

Author: Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Summary: Sarah Vida, former vampire hunter, has become the very thing she's sworn to destroy: a vampire. When her mother finds out, she swears not to rest until she puts a knife in Sarah's heart. Sarah must decide if life as a vampire is worth living, and if so, how to survive without killing her own family.

Book Number: 43

Number Of Pages: 435

Book Title: Unearthly

Author: Cynthia Hand

Summary: As a quarter-angel, Clara Gardner has a specific purpose on Earth. When she receives a vision about it, she and her family must move to Wyoming so she can complete it. But when Clara falls in love, she must decided whether to follow her heart or obey her visions, and the choice will change her life forever.

Number Of Pages: 374

Book Title: The Hunger Games

Author: Suzanne Collins

Summary: Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her sister's place in the Hunger Games and must fight to the death against the 23 other tributes.

Haha... I suck at writing summaries. At least, without giving anything away.